main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars CLOSED Star Wars: Episode VI: Twilight of the Force III: A Son’s Destiny

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Sinrebirth , May 4, 2021.

1. JediMasterAnne

JediMasterAnne Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 24, 2004
    OOC: Combos with the GM

IC: Senator Nola Deidder, Chancellor Doman Beruss, Senator Viqi Shesh, and Del Deidder

Meeting room, Star Home, New Nubia orbit

Nola's brow furrowed, even as she was regretting giving Beruss the chance to answer; apparently Senator Shesh had been watching Triebakk to see if Winter showed up.

I've got to get away from this. Del, help!

But Del was outside, and unfortunately neither of them was capable of telepathic communication.

"What are you about to do?"

"Why, I'm going to arrest Feyna Organa for conspiracy to undermine the legitimate government of the New Republic, of course," Doman said, piqued, as if she need answer. Senator Shesh looked unhappy, but also replied.

"It has rather clearly come to this, sadly."

Doman commented further. "If we side with the new Hapan monarch quickly enough, then perhaps we shall retain the 7th and 8th Fleets as well, for payment for supporting the changeover rather than resisting."

Nola's frown deepened; she wasn't sure if she could stop this, but she was going to try.

"If you intend to try Feyna Organa for treason, you're going to need an ironclad case against her. Can you prove that she conspired with Kre'frey? Can you prove what Winter and Triebakk discussed?"

So far, Doman had only speculation and circumstantial evidence. Nola knew more than she did, and even though Doman was right about Winter's reasons for visiting Triebakk, there were legitimate concerns about Doman's actions--more, now, with the things she'd admitted to hiding.

Doman looked at her, amused. “This is war, Nola. We need to do what we have to, in order to secure the future. Once Feyna’s in custody, the judges can argue it out when the war is won. But we can’t do that now.”

Another comlink chime. “Do you mind if I take this? It may be the Hapan coup leader. I just let her know that I’ve known about she plans all along.”

Nola only nodded--she wasn't sure if Shesh was still on the line, but if not, perhaps she could take advantage of Doman being distracted by the comm to get a message to Del, to warn Feyna...

If not...well, if it was the Hapan ring-leader, then that was more information for Nola.

Ducha Galney appeared on the line. "Chancellor Beruss, for what do I owe the pleasure?"

The hologram of Senator Shesh regarded the Ducha, and bowed slightly.

"No need to bow, Senator," the Ducha said graciously. "I am not Queen Mother - not yet."

Her eyes took in Nola. "And to who do I owe the pleasure?"

Doman did not presume to introduce Nola.

No luck getting a message to Del, yet, and now Nola had been directly pulled into the conversation.

"Senator Nola Deidder of New Nubia," she introduced herself. "A pleasure, Ducha?...."

Nola wasn't quite familiar enough with the Hapan nobles to recognize this one--she did know that Ducha AlGray was male, so not that one...

“Ah yes, New Nubia.” The Ducha turned to look at Doman. “It won’t surprise you to know that the Confederates offered to send forces to secure my new Throne.”

Doman shrugged. “Bothan spies are good at spying. But I doubt they agreed to keep two Hapan Fleets away from you. I could release the Seventh from Kuat and it would be at your doorstep within the hour.”

Shesh looked briefly alarmed, but Doman placated her. “I would simply recall the Fourth from Balmorra. Kuat’s far too important to leave remotely under-defended.”

Ducha Galney smirked. “Fair, fair. Suffice to say, I don’t especially care for who gets me the throne. I’ll commit to your New Republic because even I understand that the Vong are a problem.”

“Excellent,” Doman said.

There was a knock at the door.

A military police officer, Captain Darb, was present. Behind him were four other soldiers and of course Del, still in the waiting room and looking concerned.

Crudcrudcrudcrud--the military police were here, Doman was probably about to send them to arrest Feyna, and Nola didn't know what to do.

A tiny part of her hoped that maybe Triebakk had sent them for Doman, but that didn't seem likely.

Nola wanted to get away, quickly. "Chancellor, I should head back to New Nubia to ensure that everything is ready for the Senate's transfer--unless there's something else you need from me?"

"I'd rather you stayed here," Doman said smoothly, "Where it is safe. The Star Home is about to become quite messy."

"Chancellor?" The Captain said, standing to attention.

"The Hapan Queen Mother and Senators of Hapes and New Alderaan have engaged in sedition and are proposing a coup against the Senate," Doman said it without preamble. "Please direct all military police officers to move to secure the Star Home, as quietly as you can please, and your most trusted officers to head to arrest the three of them."

Del's eyes could not have gone any wider, but he managed to - with difficulty - school his features and step through the doorway and step besides Nola.

Doman paused. "The Obi-Wan is ready to disable the Star Home if you need support, but I would prefer not to, if at all possible. With the Senate aboard, we need to be surgical, and careful. I would be grateful if you would also leave a detachment to defend my War Cabinet." She indicated Nola and Shesh. "The Senator of Kuat will be shortly joining me here," Shesh nodded at that and signed off, "and I have been speaking with the new Queen Mother who will be ensuring the transition is painless."

Wolfishly, Galney nodded. "Loyal Hapans are as we speak gathering our strength to secure Hapes from the traitors, and we should have the capital within hours."

"Excellent," Doman said. "Peaceful."

Del was doing that couple-psychic-not-quite-catching-her-eye-but-trying-to-ask-if-they-were-really-going-along-with-a-coup-when-he-had-suggested-a-coup-a-meeting-ago-

Nola gave Del a helpless look--she wasn't enjoying playing along with Doman, but if the Chancellor realized that they were on Feyna's side, they would get arrested, too, and then they wouldn't be able to help anyone.

The only thing Nola could think to do was go with the madness until they could get away--maybe if they could get to Triebakk...

Del wondered aloud. "Is there anything you want for us to do?"

Doman paused. "I would like you to take a squad of MPs to the Vice Chancellor's office."

"We need to secure him, of course," said the Captain. "He may be in danger."

"From his decisions, yes," said Doman.

"Yeah, that," Del said. "A squad is four MPs, right?"

"I shall head to arrest the Queen Mother myself," the Captain clipped his boots together. "And I shall brought another squad of four with me, so you can lead that, Senator Deidder." He nodded.

Doman smiled. "Excellent news. I hope they do not resist; please ensure there are no tragedies, Captain, Senator."

"To your victory, Chancellor, and to mine," said Ducha Galney, and she signed off.

Del looked at Nola to respond. They had to play along for now, it seemed.

Nola gave Doman a solemn nod. "We'll head for Triebakk's office directly."

Now, they just needed a way to get rid of the four MPs...

------------------------------------------
    IC: Feyna, Isolder, Winter, Lady Galney, and Consort Galney
    Family room

Feyna did her best to keep calm.

She almost told her children to go play somewhere else, but after the Aurra clone, and now this, she didn't want them going anywhere unsupervised.

"Kalen, take your sister and go watch whatever holo-movie you want." They had a screen on the other side of the room, far enough that the kids shouldn't be able to hear anything, but where she could still see them. "Turn up the volume, and nothing scary."

She kissed Rosey's head and helped her to her feet, and gave her son's arm a gentle squeeze as she passed him, moving closer to Winter.

"How did Triebakk find out about it?"

How did the Vice-Chancellor know about a Hapan coup, but somehow Feyna and Isolder had completely missed it?

After a moment, a noisy and colourful kids show was on-going in the corner.

"Triebakk thought we knew," Winter said, tightly. "Apparently Doman has personally been handling the matter because it was so important, but now he's worried that Doman may have been covering the tracks of the traitors."

Isolder grimaced. "Great. We need to go back, now."

"Or at very least order AlGray to be arrested. But how far has the conspiracy gone?" Winter hesitated. "Who can you trust?"

"Out with it, Winter," Isolder said, perhaps a little forcibly.

Winter wasn't concerned; it was a stressful time. "Triebakk wanted to call the Wookiee Home Fleet to help."

Isolder widened his eyes. Clearly Triebakk wanted to fix the damage he had caused by trusting Doman. That was quite an offer - but Winter wasn't finished.

"And he wanted to know if you would support a Vote of No Confidence in the Chancellor."

"Oh sithspit," Isolder said.

Doman had known about the coup conspiracy?

Of course Beruss hadn't been all that happy with Feyna lately, but she hadn't thought it was this bad--and it would seem that this had been building for a while.

Triebakk seemed to want to help, but Feyna was reluctant to drag him in, or to take more assets away from the fight against the Yuuzhan Vong.

She let the question of a no-confidence vote hang for a bit. "Call Lady Galney back in here, and her husband." They could find out fairly quickly where that House stood, at least.

"What if we pull Astarta back from Nadiem? I don't know if the Jedi are there yet, but we may not be able to wait, and I don't want to take Triebakk up on his offer unless we absolutely have

He summoned Galney, and Isolder thought about it. “If Astarta can get back in time, but who knows what will happen to the Sith. The Jedi hadn’t turned up last I checked…”

“Doman sent them to Garqi to help with the retreat,” Winter said coldly.

“Alright, I’m about ready to take Del’s coup suggestion to heart now, honey.” Isolder was getting angrier by the moment.

Galney swept in, with her husband. He looked pale, as if he really did not want to be there. Thankfully they missed Isolder’s commenr. “Queen Mother, you summoned us? I was only next door so -“

Lady Galney’s older sister was the Ducha, and one of Feyna’s most outspoken supporters - she actually had thirty Hapan Battle Dragons to her command, which made her one of the strongest nobles as well.

Feyna turned to Galney and her husband--she didn't think they were involved in AlGray's plot, but Doman's betrayal was leading Feyna to question her trust in others, at the moment.

"We've received intel that Ducha AlGray may be about to launch a coup," Feyna said bluntly, watching for their reactions

Lady Galney positively exploded with panic. "A COUP! That swine of a man. He was always a complete narcissist, and he hated that we took ships to the Battle of Exegol, we all know that -" Galney was actually vibrating with anger.

Her husband, however, Consort Galney - he was a lower born man, so could not be a Lord, after all - he twitched hard, as if he really, really did not want to be there. Feyna had never actually met him - she'd just heard endlessly about him from Lady Galney.

Isolder's expression hardened.

About all the things Lady Galney spoke to him about

Feyna reached over to grasp Galney's shoulder, still concerned about her over-stressing herself--and her loud response might alarm the children. "Sit down, Galney," she instructed, trying to calm her down. "We're handling it."

Her gaze shifted to Galney's husband; she'd actually never met him, but he was looking increasingly uncomfortable--thus, increasingly suspicious, and Feyna began to worry. Galney was loyal to a fault, but what about her husband?

"Consort Galney, we've not had the pleasure of meeting before--is that why you look so nervous?"

Polite as it might seem, there was an under-layer of doubt in the Queen Mother's tone.

Lady Galney turned to her husband. “I know she’s glorious, but really.”

The Consort bowed deeply, at his waist. “I am just… in awe of your radiance, Queen Mother. And… panicked that a coup attempt is taking place with you so far away from home.”

Winter has her comlink to hand; she was making calls and connecting dots while Isolder glowered at the Galney man. “Feyna?”

Isolder wasn't buying the man's flattery, and neither was Feyna.

"If either of you know anything about this conspiracy, it's better if you tell me now," she said--though 'either of you' included Lady Galney, Feyna still didn't actually believe she was involved; not knowingly, at least. The statement was primarily aimed at the husband.

"What is it, Winter?

Winter looked up. "The Senate brought with it military police from the Obi-Wan, mainly to manage the bodyguards and lifting, but they're still aboard, Feyna. The outer ring of the Palace is basically ran by Doman, and I didn't notice she was doing it."

Isolder pressed his lips together. "Lady Galney, I suspect your Consort knows more of what is going on than he lets on."

"Don't be silly, Gregor is a harmless fop -"

He took a step towards the Queen Mother, cringing, but then Gregor stood straight and flicked a wrist. A small holdout blaster dropped into his hand, and his voice went menacing. "The True Queen Mother will be launching the Heritage Fleet at Hapes within the hour. It's been timed, Feyna, so that your reign will come to an end now. You married into the Hapan throne; you are not worthy of it."

Lady Galney raised her voice. "When my sister hears of this -"

He simply turned and shot her in the hip.

"I've wanted to do that for ages."

For a moment his blaster wasn't pointed at her, and Isolder had actually stepped away from her -

He was standing between their children at the far end of the room, oblivious behind their cartoons -

Feyna had only seconds to act while he had the blaster pointed away--feeling bad for Galney getting shot, but Feyna could now be certain of her innocence--Isolder was covering the children, who hadn't seemed to have heard the blast--

Feyna rushed at Gregor and tackled him, grabbing for the blaster

Gregor grimaced as she tackled him. He didn't have orders to kill the Hapan monarch, but he would, if he had to. He was toppled, drawing Feyna along with him, and the impact of the fall meant that her grab was jostled. He turned the blaster to her face -

And Winter kicked the weapon out of his hand.

Gregor tried to reach it, and it skittered to Galney's feet, who had a hand over mouth, tears in her eyes.

She was trying not to cry out and scare the children.

Isolder stepped over and punched Gregor in the face, knocking him out cold.

"Feyna, I love you, but I just aged about a decade then." Isolder looked at Feyna. "What are we going to do? Clearly Galney doesn't know about the coup. Gregor manipulated her, and she loved him."

His words were soft; he was upset. "He is going to know who the ringleader is when he wakes up... but we need to know now. Yesterday. Last year."

He swallowed, not sure what to do whatsoever.

"We need to decide now."

Feyna was shaking as she picked herself up, collecting Gregor's fallen blaster.

Isolder was saying they needed to figure out who was leading the coup, and to figure out a plan, fast.

"Except for a very select few, I don't trust anyone outside this room, just now."

Nola, Del, and Triebakk were the only ones on board that she was still counting among potential allies, and even then....

And Han, Lumpy, Ben, and Madelyn were too far away to help. Astarta was loyal to Isolder, but Feyna wasn't sure if that loyalty extended to her.

"If Doman's starting to take control of Star Home, I suspect we're probably about to get arrested. I don't know if we should try to confront her..." Her gaze shifted to the kids, still oblivious to the dangers. If she, Isolder, and Winter were all taken into custody, what happened to the children?

She couldn't bring herself to say it, she hated the thought of running away, but a part of her wanted to just get out, take the kids and get somewhere safe.

TAG: @Sinrebirth

Last edited: Aug 1, 2021
  2. CosmoHender

CosmoHender Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2016
    OOC: Combo with @Sinrebirth

IC: Barriss

Mortis, Unknown Regions

She had already started to head back to where her family was waiting, but then Barriss paused when she heard Anakin's final words.

Ahsoka is here, Barriss remembered. And so is my old master.

She looked back at where Anakin had been, only to see nobody there. Which is what she should have probably expected, since this was Mortis.

Barriss thought about returning to her family, but according to Anakin she may only have a limited time to seek out Ahsoka. And this was not an opportunity that Barriss could afford to miss out on.

So Barriss decided to keep her family waiting for a bit longer, instead choosing to go searching for two women from her past that she may have the chance to speak to once again..

.The first to appear was Ahsoka.

"Sorry, I could not risk telling you that the Father was Anakin," she said, sadly.

"Names cause ripples, especially true names, Barriss."

She was sitting in a wooden glen on a world the former Jedi was supposed to have visited in a different timeline.

"I was to have a very different story, in the original timeline - after I left the Jedi Order. After Maul and Order 66."

The shapes of Jedi with blue and green blades appeared, both men, one older, one younger.

"Friends."

A Mandalorian woman in multicolored armor.

"Perhaps even love."

Barriss frowned and sat down next to Ahsoka. "I'm sorry," she apologized. "You... you deserve to be alive." She sighed. "There are so many that deserved to live. So many that should have been saved."

"Isn't that the conundrum of where we find ourselves?" This was Luminara's voice, coming to join them at the camp fire. "That we lament what we lost, but also triumph what we have gained?" She gestured vaguely. "Such as your family. You would not have had them if not for the Changes wrought by Palpatine."

Her thought finished, she smiled warmly.

"Hello, Barriss."

Barriss didn't answer. Instead she just stared at the form of Luminara Unduli in disbelief, the first time that she had seen her old master since... well, since before Order 66.

She couldn't find the words. Instead, tears filled her eyes as Barriss began to cry. When Barriss was finally able to find her voice, it came out as a sob.

"M-mom..."

Perhaps Barriss meant to say Master. But to Barriss, that was who Luminara was to her. The only mother she had known, the only mother she had ever loved, the only mother she had ever disappointed, and the only mother she had ever lost.

Luminara smiled warmly, motherly, and she stepped over to Barriss, who, through a moment of memory, and the magicks of Mortis, was suddenly the young woman she had been when they last saw each other. "Barriss."

She drew her into a hug.

Barriss hugged back, still crying.

"I've missed you so much," she admitted, remembering when she had felt Luminara die on Kashyyyk from light years away. It had been so long since she had felt Luminara's embrace

."I've missed you too," Luminara said softly. "I'm so proud of you, Barriss."

Ahsoka sat, silently, watching them, but mainly the flames.

"You are?" Barriss asked, surprised. "I... I don't think I have done anything to make you proud. I abandoned the Jedi Order, left everything behind, stayed on the sidelines for decades until the war finally came to Nadiem..."

She looked down, suddenly feeling ashamed.

"You found love, and you loved," Luminara affirmed. "To love someone is to unlearn all the paranoia and distrust of the dark side. Pure love, that is the ultimate answer to the darkness; because the dark convinces us that we are alone, and nobody could possibly love us, and so, the dark is the only answer."

Ahsoka nodded. "To face your personal darkness, and to push beyond it, that is the ultimate triumph."

"And I am ultimately proud of you for that, my old Padawan."

Barriss nodded, tears still streaming down her face. "I want to do right by them," she admitted. "My family, I mean. B-but I also want to do right by you two."

"You can do both," Luminara said, softly. "Attachment is of the dark side, as are other emotions such as co-dependency and the aforementioned paranoia."

"As we said," Ahsoka smiled to herself. "You built on love, and that does right by all, including us."

Luminara nodded. "But it is time you stepped back up, Barriss, and into the Light of Day."

"The Dagger of Mortis is key to the future, so it needs to be delivered." Ahsoka confirmed. "I'm sorry that we had to rely upon you, when you have so much to protect."

"But that's what the galaxy needs," said Luminara softly. "Protectors, not Jedi, not even Je'daii."

Barriss realized that the Dagger was in her hands and she looked down at it. "What if... what if I fail, just like I failed during the Clone Wars? Especially with the stakes so high..."

"Failure is always a possibility," Luminara said.

"But did you fail during the Clone Wars?" Her old Master said. "I seem to remember the Order failing you, more than anything." Her eyes met Barriss's. "My failure; not yours. A freshly trained Jedi Knight? Clearly the flaw was not with you, Barriss. It was in your teachings, in the lack of compassion contained therein."

Ahsoka did not comment.

She agreed, of course.

The former Padawan had left the Order over how she was treated, how Barriss was treated.

"But nothing I did mattered," Barriss pointed out. "I didn't matter. It was all for nothing thanks to Order 66 and because of it I lost everything. I don't want to lose everything again, nor do I want my life to be for nothing like it was when I gave it to the Order."

“Had the Jedi listened, recused themselves as they did in the ancient civil wars of the Pius Dea era, rather than prop up a corrupt regime… would Order 66 have even destroyed everything?” Luminara asked the question.

“We were not always tied to the Republic,” Ahsoka confirmed. “You and I didn’t know that, not necessarily, but the Council, they did. The New Jedi Order have clear separation of themselves from the New Republic… I imagine if a dictator emerges from the Senate again, they would not be tricked into fighting a war.”

“The Separatists and the droid army were never the enemies of the Jedi Order,” Luminara confirmed. “In your own way, you understood this.”

Barriss sighed. "Palpatine was the enemy then... just like how he is the enemy now. It feels like the galaxy is on the verge of another Clone Wars, like history is repeating itself."

“Which is why the Jedi should fight what they are supposed to fight. Sith, Destructors, Force threats,” Ahsoka said. “Not the Yuuzhan Vong. Not the Eternal Empire or the Empire of the Hand or whatever Empire it is.” She stood, and stepped over.

“And Abeloth is a threat that normal people cannot be expected to stop. It is the duty of the Jedi to defeat such threats.” Luminara finished.

"I'm not a Jedi," Barriss told her old friend and former master. "I don't..." She closed her eyes and took a deep breath. "I don't deserve that title. I've been a coward and I've been selfish."

“Then don’t be a Jedi,” Luminara said gently.

“Be better.”

Barriss opened her eyes. "I'll try-" She paused, remembering the words of someone from her days in the Order. "I'll do my best."

Though she wasn't a Jedi, Barriss did want to help. She knew that this was something she had to do, that she had to go to Jakku even if she wasn't sure what to expect.

The Force was giving her a chance to do something that mattered.

"Doing you best is all we could ever ask of you," Luminara said, her eyes wet.

Ahsoka nodded. "I'll follow as best I can, Barriss, but I won't be able to help too much. Go, speak to your family, and head to Jakku."

"Time is against you, my old Padawan," she said, drawing Barriss into one more hug. It was solid, but that was fading - as was this moment.

"May the Force be with you."

A crack of lightning above the distant Monastery, and Ahsoka and Luminara were gone.

Barriss nodded, wiping the tears out of her eyes. She just sat there alone for a moment, thinking about everything she had just talked about. It had been good to see them both again, at least.

"Goodbye," Barriss whispered as she stood up. "And thank you."

After sighing to herself, Barriss began to make the journey back to where she had kept her family waiting for her. She had much to tell them.

In an instant, she was standing before Zara and the family, who had set up a small picnic for the children by the shuttle. The jungle was soft, and playful, and they could by definition play and be safe.

Indeed, the ground had shifted slightly to give way to a beech nearby, so they had a flow to play within.

Zara found it very... magical.

When she saw Barriss, she assumed she had simply finished a trek through the woods.

"Is everything alright?"

Barriss took a deep breath. "Yeah, I think I am," she said to her wife.

She then proceeded to explain everything to Zara the best she could, from what Anakin had told her about Abeloth to her mission to bring the Dagger to Jakku to her talk with Ahsoka and Luminara. Barriss was not going to keep any secrets, not from Zara. They were in this together.

"So basically, I have to give a Dagger to a Chosen on Jakku so that they can kill the Bringer of Chaos and stop the End of Time," Barriss summarized afterward. "You, Lumi, and her family will be safe here on Mortis, but this is something I feel like I need to do. I owe the galaxy that much."

Zara nodded a few times, but it wasn't entirely going in. "I managed to follow that the End of Time is bad."

"I doubt it's a literal end of time, but, yeah, the Bringer of Chaos sounds like a..." Luminara blinked a few times. "Force Volcano, or something. That's not something we want to happen."

"So that Dagger," Zara pointed at it. "Anakin, um, Master Skywalker, he said it can kill her?"

"I've never heard of Jakku, which makes it a nowhere planet... strange place for a Chosen One," Luminara thought aloud.

Barriss chuckled to herself. "Anakin was found by the Jedi on Tatooine. Some of the galaxy's most important people can come from some of the most surprising places." She looked down at the Dagger in her hands. "And because I was entrusted with this, I have to see it through and make sure that it gets to where it needs to be."

"That's a good point," Luminara conceded. "Tatooine is as far away from everything."

Zara smiled, she was happy to see the enthusiasm, and determination in Barriss again - to see her enthused by something, and someone - she had a calling. Drawing her wife into a hug, she kissed Barriss on the cheek. "I'm so proud of you, Barriss."

Luminara beamed and joined the hug. "You go kick Chaos backside, Mom!"

Barriss hugged them back, smiling gently and closing her eyes. "Will you all be okay here without me?"

"I mean, we'd much prefer if you left the ship," Luminara said jokingly. "We don't exactly want to be stranded in Heaven."

Zara rolled her eyes at that.

A ship will be supplied for you, to take you to Jakku.

That was Anakin's voice, but Zara and Luminara heard it too.

Indeed, a smaller version of the Tho Yor drifted down from the sky.

It was one of the original Meditation Spheres, shaped as a dipyramid.

My name is Heart. I have served Protectors and Je'daii and Jedi for thirty five millennia. I would serve you, Barriss Offee.

"Looks like I have a ship," Barriss admitted to Lumi and Zara, staring at the Meditation Sphere.

The ship landed, unfolding a ramp.

Come. Command.

Barriss looked from the ship to her wife. "I'll come back for you and our family," she told Zara. "I promise. No matter what, I will find a way."

"I know," Zara said, and kissed her wife fully.

Luminara mock-winced, and laughed.

"You two." There was a gaggle of noise and the grandkids clattered over, asking a thousand questions. Luminara's husband stepped up to her and she drew into him for a moment, while Zara laughed with the youngsters and, when the hugs were given and questions nudged, drew them back.

"Wave to grandma, everyone. She has a very important mission to go on."

They did so, cheerfully, excitedly, likening this journey to an elaborate adventure and loving the world of Mortis.

Utter joy.

Barriss waved back, smiling at her family. They gave her all the reason she needed to succeed with her mission. It may be too late for Nadiem, but it wasn't too late for them.

Though still a bit reluctant to leave, Barriss was sure that she would see them again as she stepped into the ship and prepared for the journey to Jakku. She was not going to neglect this responsibility like she had neglected her responsibilities as a Jedi in the past.

Yes, Barriss thought to herself. This time will be different. This time I will be different.

Or at least, that's what she hoped. The future was uncertain, but she chose to still have some faith as she whispered a soft prayer.

"May the Force be with us all."

3. darthbernael

darthbernael EU Community Mod, Fuego, Pyrofuego! star 5 Staff Member Manager

Apr 15, 2019
    OOC: Fun with @Adalia-Durron and @Sinrebirth

IC Xundel, Kyp Durron, Adalia Tehanis
    Bonadon, destruction

The Force shrieked as the vision unfurled. Xundel was already moving, his body taking action as his mind was still caught in the vision. At the moment that Nomi pushed them, he was already moving as fast as his legs and the Force would allow. He knew that Kyp and Adalia would also be fleeing the oncoming weapon. ”Run, shield yourselves… he called out to them and Nomi.

Kyp saw it before Adalia, not surprising with her lack of training in the Force. Spinning he wrapped his arm around her waist and stood breaking into a run using his abilities to not only speed himself but hold and drag her.

Adalia screamed in a delayed reaction to the vision and his actions, but turned and began to stumble and run with him, his arm still around her waist.

They had to get low, so without warning he pulled her to the ground and almost lay himself over her head, holding her down and using the Force to protect them.

She was running, then she was face down eating dirt and being squashed to boot. Despite her situation, she knew it was for a good reason even as she spat the dirt from her mouth.

The tent vanished in a detonation, and Nomi was nowhere to be seen. There was a boom in the air, and the Sith Meditation Sphere was there, firing upon the village in general.

I come in the name of Darth Sidious.

Xundel pulled himself to his feet from the ball he’d rolled into when the cannonball hit and he’d gone flying. Spitting out dirt and waving a hand through the haze that hung around he and the other two, he snorted. Drawing up energy and shielding himself, ”No really, you don’t say... You could have led with that.” he yelled in Ship’s direction.

Then leaped, spinning in the air, bouncing again as shots rang close by. Glancing over at the two in the dirt, ”We have to get it away from the village, see if there’s any way to break his control of it, or destroy it.”

Kyp lifted his head as Xundel spoke, bringing his legs under him he stood and gazed at the ship, extending his hand instinctively. "I have an idea."

Adalia began to stand spitting dirt from her mouth roughly and taking his hand, wiping her dirty mouth with the back of her free arm. "Aside from the one you just had making me eat dirt and pissing me off?"

He glanced at her smiled at the dirt on her face, "you'll live. Bit of a dirty girl there aren't you?" He turned back and stepped aside from Adalia and drew his lightsaber, igniting it. "Sith love nothing better than chasing a Jedi." He lifted it and waved it, "Oi! Over here!"

"Great, now we're bait." Adalia muttered as she continued to brush the dirt from her clothes and face.

Ship turned, reorienting while standing still in the air, and didn’t even blink. A cannonball was released, guided with the Force -

Xundel sighed, this wouldn’t do.Glancing over at Kyp, ”We have a chance, the simplest will be to deflect the cannonball. But, given that it’s using the Force to guide it, we’re going to be fighting that thing directly to do so.”

He straightened, the cane standing on it’s own where he’d driven its tip into the ground. His eyes tracked the ball as it flew directly at them. ”I’ll try to slow it and, this is the tricky bit, you and she deflect it at the last moment, that way I’d say.” he gestured out past the edges of the village. And then he grinned with a sudden thought, "Or right back at it..."

Turning back, he reached out one three fingered hand, absorbing the power of the push behind the ball, slowly. The claws on his feet dug into the ground, little furrows beginning to form as the battle pushed him back, little by little.

Adalia didn't have time to assess. "Back at it!" She decided without looking knowing it would be him more than her actually doing anything.

"Agreed." Kyp held his hands upward facing the projectile.

Glancing at him she did the same, her hands facing it, but she wasn't sure whatever they were trying to do would work from her, her hesitation resonating.

"You can do it Ads, you know you can. Just do it." Kyp said through his concentration, he could feel her hesitation. "I need you to do this."

He 'needed' her, that was all she needed to hear and in response she closed her green eyes to concentrate, she could feel his strength and drew on it, allowing his positive energy and pure Force strength to feed her.

He felt her shift, he always felt it and silently wished he didn't have to encourage her to know she could do what was needed. "Ready, on three?"

"On three" She repeated.

"One, two......THREE!" Kyp counted down and he pushed the ball back along it trajectory. He probably didn't need her help to do this, but he wanted it, no, needed it.

Adalia sensed his move and pushed at the same time, in her mind imagining the cannonball stopping and returning to where it'd come from and at speed. She pushed with her mind and tried to increase it's speed as a smile spread over her face. Opening her eyes she was rewarded with the image of the ball moving backward and she smiled. "We did it." She breathed.

"We did." Kyp agreed as he lowered his hands and turned to Xundel, "Now what?"

Ship was surprised, and the ball was not just repelled but pierced its hull - and shot out the other side.

The meditation sphere began to spiral down to the surface, a plume of smoke falling from it.

"Now," Nomi replied, covered in soot and cuts and bruises from her own narrow miss, stood behind them. "You need to either decide to go after that Ship, and see if you can wrestle it free of the control of Darth Sidious, who sent it to kill you." She looked from Kyp to Adalia to Xundel.

"Or do we complete the ritual and find him?"

Geb, with half an ear missing, dragged his scribe to them, and spilled the marbles on the concrete.

There was a crash; the Ship had hit the floor.

Xundel ignored the loud sound of Ship hitting the floor for a moment, save for a light dome of energy to deflect debris. He was considering things, especially in light of the question that Nomi had asked. He glanced at his companions, then back at Nomi. ”Well...I have a counter question.” he said with a wry smile. ”Since the ritual was not completed yet, should we decide to wrest control of Ship from Palpatine, does that mean that we would still have that opportunity to ask our question of the Force, at a later date?”

Adalia didn't hear much more, she was exhausted as she collapsed to knees and closed her eyes to gather her energy back.

Lowering his hands he turned to listen to Xundel, Nomi's answer was important.

Nomi tapped her chin. "I am sure the Force will answer."

She looked down the street towards the downed Ship.

"Do you think you can break the control of Palpatine upon it?"

Xundel sighed, things were never as cut and dried as they could be, and for a power that he served, the Force was even more vague when his entire mission was to restore it to balance and not allow it to unravel into Chaos.

He reached out, feeling the intense power and bond between the craft and Palpatine. ”His bond with it is strong. But...it was taken down by us, and at the distance it must be, the bond is weaker than it would be otherwise.”

Glancing at his companions, ”With what I sense in my companions, and myself, I do have faith that we can overcome the darkness holding it enthralled. Whether that can hold once the mad, bad Sith is closer is another problem entirely.”

Kyp listened, glancing at Adalia from time to time to make sure she was recovering. Once he knew she was fine he silently turned his attention to the ship, focusing on what it was doing. "It's repairing itself, if we plan to do anything I think sooner rather than later would be my call." He observed.

"Oh I am so loving this holiday, remind me to give it my thumbs up." Adalia said with sarcasm dripping off her tongue. She wasn't even sure what the hell was going on, but she trusted the man beside her with her life. He'd extended his hand without even looking at her so she took it and stood up. At least she was upright.

TAGS: @Sinrebirth, @HanSolo29, @JediMasterAnne, @Jerjerrod-Lennox, @galactic-vagabond422, @TheSilentInfluence, @galactic-vagabond422, @darthhelinith, @CosmoHender, @Shadowsun, @Adalia-Durron, @Narancia, @Mitth_Fisto, @Kato Sai, @TheAdmiral

Last edited: Aug 2, 2021
  4. galactic-vagabond422

galactic-vagabond422 Force Ghost star 4

Jul 11, 2009
    Ka'rta
    Mandalore

The Mand'alor awoke in her chambers, cheeks stained with tears. Another lonely night had passed, a new day was here. The second day of the Great Galactic War. She checked her datapad again finding a message from Mirdala.

Cyar'ika

My forces are prepared for another day of conflict. I still worry for Tor and if you should change your mind I will not hesitate to assist our child. I will await word from you or command as to our next moves in this long awaited war. May you stay safe.

Mhi solus dar'tome (We are one when we are apart)

Mirdala

She sent no reply, the pain was too great, he was just twisting the knife reminding her of her choice to leave Tor to the whims of fate, the distance between them. Another tear fell as she quickly moved on to the usual round of messages. Tech called a war council, which she was requested to attend. Finding no messages from the Virpine left her with a sour expression. She wanted results and she wasn't getting them.

This anger at the lack of a reply burned away the sadness at her heart. As she put on her armor the Mand'alor returned, Mandalore the Vengeant, the absolute ruler of her home, the Beskar Hand that directed all in her domain.

As the helmet slipped on, the transformation was complete, hiding the salt rivers that ran down her face. She marched with purpose and authority befitting her position. As she entered the room Tech began his presentation.

The Vong had come in numbers which was unsurprising, they had just as much time to prepare as she did. The figures were staggering, but, they had taken out a quarter of their smaller worldships. They could likely take on one of the larger weapons as well. The problem came in as to where Palpantine's forces would deploy. They had significantly less information on that. And it could tip the balance. Even then Ka'rta was certain of weathering the next storm...so long as she could still coordinate. That was when the next report made her snarl.

They were losing the Holonet and there was nothing she could do about it...No, she would find a way. She would not allow herself to be blind and deaf in her own backyard.

"Find me a way to kill those things, some pesticide or something. How quickly can we go about making our own receivers to replace the ones we are losing, we can work on that while we find a solution to these Signal Eaters. They can't have prepared for someone to find a way to use a bioweapon on them." The anger was contained but present in her words. "Any couriers from our Virpine friends arrive that I haven't heard about?" She needed answers and solutions yesterday.

She could not let anything threaten everything she'd worked so hard to build.

"Make sure all forces are on high alert, and pull back all forces he had on Holonet recovery. We'll redeploy them at another time…" She hoped that there were some left and that she hadn't just sent tens of thousands of warriors to their deaths against an enemy they couldn't fight.

5. darthbernael

Apr 15, 2019
    IC Renn
    Jakku

Renn stiffened for a moment at Vhardia’s rebuke, then caught himself as the man from the holo call appeared.

“Good advice from your friend, I would vouch, I think we all know that darkness has to be confronted, but it should be at your choosing, when you are certain it is what needs to be done.”

“Even the darkness has a role in things, my friends.” Renn smiled, chuckled even, as the man bent over Vhardia’s hand, the man was a soft touch, at least with his wife.

“I am Lor San Tekka. Are you here for the girl, or for the Imperial base that Palpatine hid beneath the surface?”

When the question was asked about what they were here for Renn found himself wondering, as the first message from the man had been more vague and didn’t specify. He had to think. There wasn’t much time to do so, obviously the longer they stood here the more likely that anything in the bunker would notice their presences. He glanced at the structure, mostly hidden in the sands, continuing to think. It was a mystery but…

But the mention of the girl had a certain...gravitas behind it. Something in the mention of her rang in his soul, as though the part of him that was the Light was clamouring for his attention. He paused, took a breath, and touched that part of himself. The sensations multiplied and he could feel the Light wanting him to seriously consider leaving this mystery for now and going after the girl that the man mentioned.

Taking a breath, resurfacing from his thoughts, he glanced at Vhardia, ”What do you think, my dear, something tells me the girl could be more important than this bunker, whether Palpatine had it built or not.”

TAGS: @Sinrebirth, @darthhelinith, @HanSolo29, @JediMasterAnne, @Jerjerrod-Lennox, @galactic-vagabond422, @TheSilentInfluence, @galactic-vagabond422, @CosmoHender, @Shadowsun, @Adalia-Durron, @Narancia, @Mitth_Fisto, @Kato Sai, @TheAdmiral

CosmoHender and Sinrebirth like this.
  6. darthhelinith

darthhelinith Force Ghost star 6

Feb 10, 2009
    IC: Vhardia
    Jakku

Startled by the newcomer, Vhardia slipped down from her position, catching herself in a twist and a jump.
    Amateur. she thought to herself.

"Why not both?" She shrugged at the question. "But people first. People are more important than places."
    It was an odd sentiment, but as true as when she had first heard it- from Katarn prehaps? She wasn't sure.

She pondered at the bunker a moment more before turning away from it.
    What was so important that Palpatine hid it on Jakku of all places?

Tags: @darthbernael @Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth and darthbernael like this.
  7. Narancia

Narancia Jedi Master star 3

Oct 24, 2020
    IC: Darth Impetuous and Rebecca

Impetuous pondered on the data and the information provided to him by Dutch; it was a lot to go over. Still, after some thought, Impetuous decided that their best course of action was to infiltrate CenterPoint station and extract Sal-solo. Sure the politician wanted to support the confederacy, but Tobbi could "persuade" Sal-solo to see things differently; the Airskipper brand needed to be expanded after all, and what better spokesperson than him, But if Sal-solo refused...

Then it would be no skin off his back as either way Impetuous wins.

Rebecca had already told Impetuous what Phennir said. Sal-Solo was one of the people that had been tipped off about his potential identity, so he was already going to die. The real question was when and how slow and painful was Impetuous going to make it. It all depended on Sal-Solo's cooperation.

Or Impetuous's mood. As once Impetuous gets there, he might kill him on the spot, not even he knew what he would do at this point; all he knew was that he wanted to go to Centerpoint station and spill more confederate blood.

"Take us to the station. Let's see how much we can tip the scales on the political side of things. Who knows, we might single handily put an end to this conflict."

Rebecca stretched,

"Are you sure, dude? The last time we fought our way off a station, we almost died...Multiple times."

Impetuous patted Rebecca on the head.

"The sooner we end this conflict, the sooner we can murder everyone responsible for making those monstrosities."

Rebecca at first accepted the head pat but quickly swatted away his hand, momentarily forgetting Dutch was still there.

"Whatever, just don't expect me to carry you this time. You're not exactly light."

Impetuous chuckled a bit.

"Your not exactly light yourself."

Rebecca's eyes flared, but after a second, she laughed.

"Just wanted to make sure you had your balls after playing a bit of damsel."

Impetuous laughed some more, enjoying the moment and playing along; if anyone else said this to him, they'd be dead, but for Rebecca, he made an exception...for now.

"Hmm, I do remember a certain speech you said to me while I was unconscious. Help me remember so I can tell it to Dutch."

"Touche."

Rebecca huffed but still grinned as she walked away and sat down.

Impetuous turned to Dutch,

"Can you get us any data on CenterPoint station? And what's the ETA on Zarya and Rock if they're able to come at all?"

Last edited: Aug 2, 2021
  8. galactic-vagabond422

Jul 11, 2009
    (A mini Family reunion brought to you by @TheSilentInfluence @Sinrebirth and myself)

Tor Leia and Owen
    Bakura

"no no no no no." Tor said to herself as she felt the ship lerch and pull towards the massive cargo ship that was tractoring them in. In desperation she tried to take control but it was to no avail, and her target slipped away from her...again. "Damn it..." She slammed the console getting out of the chair and storming towards the ramp her hand on her blaster ready to kill the person that dared to disrupt her hunt.

Finding the old man standing there his wizened gaze looking right through her. She made her move her hand away. The reply from Aliyn cut through her hesitancy.

"Well, he's dead...for real this time. I watched the life get sucked out of him..."

'Aliyn' responded. "Serves him right." Her voice had slightly changed. "You know I'm Mirta Gev, don't you? That's you, Tor, isn't it? Aliyn died when Zorn ate Mandalore. Flew her speeder bike into the Void. I use her name to try and track down Boba. I was sure he was alive, and I wanted him dead for what he did to Mom."

Owen looked for Leia, aware this was her ship, before he exploded at Tor.

Oh force.

"Hello Uncle Owen." Leia greeted him politely, pretending not to notice how angry he was at Tor.

"I'm just going to stand here and do nothing. But if punches start being thrown I'll separate everyone faster then you can say Jabba the Hutt."

"Mirta?" Tor asked a little taken aback, she wasn't expecting that. She'd always assumed that...Aliyn was alive just estranged, very estranged. Though she did remember meeting Mirta before, Tor was on her rise to the top of the Bounty hunting guild bagging target after target. She'd worked with the Mandalorian before a target out on Nar Shaddaa. She was as skilled as her grandfather though a little too angry. Though now Tor knew why...they were work colleagues in the past it was always business between them. They never really got into family, it was a touchy subject for both of them.

"Well, I uh...guess that's solves that..." Tor looked sheepishly away before looking back to Owen his eyes seething with anger. "But, if you're up for a job, I've got one, a big one. I can send you the particulars later, I have some business to attend to..." She kindly ended the call then turned to Owen.

"Hey Ba'buir..." she started calling him grandfather in her native tongue. "What's the big idea...we had him." Her next words were biting though not as much as the could have been.

Owen looked like he did actually want to punch Tor, but Leia's words were clear. Almira slid down the ramp to join Leia, and took her hand subtly. Owen paid it no heed, he focused on Tor.

"And you'll have him when I take you out-system too," Owen declared.

"But I've been at Garqi, spying for your mother." His aged eyes narrowed. "You know the war started, right? The Yuuzhan Vong, they're here."

"Pfft..." She hissed through her teeth, "Of course I knew the war started early. That's likely half the reason we got so far. What does it matter?" The young woman said coming closer having to crane her neck up to meet his gaze. "It doesn't concern me, the only thing that does is Graul."

Leia watched them carefully, and turned to looked at Almira as she took her hand. She squeezed it in response, and moved a little closer to her.

"Yes." Leia spoke up. "Father sent me a message. Once were done with this mission I have to go and join them."

Owen nodded. "Good luck getting in touch with him, Leia, most of the HoloNet is down in the Outer Rim."

He looked back down at Tor and took a step forward, looking murderous. "Your mother told the galaxy to go shank itself. She's abandoned it, just cares about the clans now." He grabbed Tor's shirt. "Do you think that's what is gonna save your people, Mand'alor?"

He shoved Tor to the ground.

He knew.

He knew.

Almira frowned, but stayed quiet.

Her grandfather once a kind loving man now loomed over her death in his eyes. She'd never seen this side of him. The veteran Sun Guard that had seen more war and destruction than she could in a lifetime. He was the man that had lived a life of death long before Tor was ever born. It shook her to the core but she wasn't about to let it freeze her. Her mother taught her never to freeze.

She got up to her feet setting her jaw.

"I need him dead. I will not have peace until he is dead. I can't take the reins from my Buir, not until I erase this spot from my ledger. I can't let this target get away." Her angry words hid her silent fear...what would have to happen when she set foot on Mandalore. "I'm not going back. You can't make me, not until he's dead." She looked away knowing that she was becoming obsessive always had been, a bad trait she picked up from her mother. "I need this...Mandalore isn't going anywhere, buir has seen to that..."

"I'm not going to make you do shavit, Tor," Owen said. "I'm going to make sure that you know, if things go wrong, that it's on your head."

He stepped back, put his hands back in his pockets before Leia hit him with the Force.

"The Yuuzhan Vong aren't gonna be stopped by your buir. She's going to rule over her beskar and when the Vong ignore her, she'll pat herself on her back that she was so smart." Owen sniffed. "And when the Vong come for Mandalore last, we'll have no friends left to step up."

He pointed with his chin at Leia. "Whatcha gonna do when she heads after Arthur and Alfred and Madelyn? They're at Garqi, y'know. Fighting. I saw their ship crash into a Vong capital ship." He held up a hand to forestall Leia's panic. "They're alive, the Jedi were coordinating to rescue them."

He shrugged. "They've put together a Jedi Hit Squad to kill the third Emperor out there - Palpatine."

"Hey," Tor barked at the old man, "She said after this job is done," Looking to her sister, then back to the towering man. "And Graul still breathes so the job isn't done yet." Though the information about Madelyn and the rest of Leia's family being in danger gave her pause. Would Leia choose her, or her mother?

There was a snide remark held back on her tongue choosing not to say it in the presences of a Jedi. That jedi also being her sister did have an effect as well.

"Then see they have everything well in hand, kill him the war's over." She didn't want to think about Mandalore isolated and alone as the Vong closed in around it. "And the Graul will be an issue after the war, I'm just trying to cut that problem off at the pass. And get a lot of vengeance on him."

Leia let out a slow breath. "You're mother could die." She told Tor. "But it won't be by my mother's hand. She thinks my mother abandoned her people, but she had to make a choice. She was never well suited to be Mandalore. You're mother on the other hand is everything a leader should not be. Auntie Kar'ta is selfish Tor. You know that. She doesn't care for anyone outside of Mandalore."

She gave her a serious look. "You need to be better for everyone's sake Tor. Vengeance is a very damaging thing. You don't stop thinking about it. It consumes you. Don't let it turn you into your mother."

She tried not to think about her own family, fighting the Vong. I should be with them. Shouldn't I?

"Look." Tor ran her fingers through her hair a sour expression on her face. "I get it, my mom is a monster and I'm the one to fix it but. If I do that then I'm tied down fighting the Vong, and Graul will slip through my fingers again. And no one had the stomach to try and take him before the Vong, and after we're going to be rebuilding. I can't both hunt him and rule Mandalore....not to mention..." She looked away feeling attacked on all sides. "I know what I have to do...I just...I just want to do this one thing...Just give me one more shot at him. I have a team in mind, we can bring them here and finish this off, then we can settle things with my mom..."

"And if you fail?" Owen said, shortly.

"Will you finally accept responsibility for Mandalore, or not?"

The Eravana hit real space. "Tell your back-up team that you're above Jakku. Its on the Eternal border, and decently located in the Inner Rim. I picked a good place to regroup." Owen went to turn away; he didn't care about whatever Tor had to say at this point. "You're welcome."

Almira looked back into Leia's ship. "What do we do about that Sith we picked up from Aryan?"

Owen did look back at them for that. "You brought a Sith aboard my ship?"

"Well, if I fail then I'll be dead so that's a problem that solves itself." Tor said turning away from the old man. Pulling up her com and reaching out to her b-team. "Baraduk you up for a challenge?" She said her first thought to reach out to the massive reptilian with night vision.

"Huh?" Tor reacted to Owen's hissed words. "Oh yeah he's some Sistros toady that is very important to the bastard. Could be useful for drawing him into a trap..."

Owen pursed his lips. “Maybe. I’ll soften him up for you.” His finger jabbed at Leia. “Keep an eye on her. I don’t want Tor jumping ship when we arrive at Jakku.”

Baraduk was in. He was annoyed at being left about the first team, and eager to show his new place in the galaxy now most of its best hunters were dead.

Why else would he be called up now?

“Ssssend me coordinatez.”

"You got it big man..." Tor said looking over her shoulder to Leia rolling her eyes a bit. She sent the coordinates off and started working down the list she had of contacts.

"Hey Gobolungnum, I know it's been a bit, could really use another gun on this job...I won't turn down any help from the other clans if you can scare it up."

“Just send me the deets already, Tor,” sniped Gobolungnum.

"Nell, how would you like to make some credits hunting down a war criminal?"

Nell sounded hyped. “Why do you need to ask?”

"Jas, I have some bad news about Dengar, he's gone. And I know you don't play well with others but, I'm getting a group together to hunt down the man that killed him. You in?"

“Dengar was an idiot, living on buried time anyway. You know I have my aunties debt to clear,” Jas hissed. “I’ll be there.”

"Krrsantan how've you been...You good for another fight?"

A roar came from the Wookiee bounty hunter that he was in; he hadn’t ripped any arms off today.

"Mirta, it's me again, I have coordinates if you want to meet up and go on another hunt..."

Mirta was completely on-board. She was a Mandalorian; she would never shy from a fight.

Most who could had moved out of the Outer Rim as the HoloNet went down, which was the only reason Tor could call together the team. She’d have to finance it… but she did have the contact details for Fett’s client…

One by one she got their replies and send the meeting place, looking over her shoulder to Leia to see her reaction.

Leia nodded at Uncle Owen. "Don't worry. I can handle it." She told him firmly, and looked at Tor; nearly laughing at her reaction. "We'll be fine you know."

She turned to give him a serious look. "If you come across my parents and Alfred, will you tell them I'm sorry."

TAG: @Sinrebirth @TheSilentInfluence

9. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    GM UPDATE ONE OF FIVE

OUTER RIM

SOUTH

IC: Moff Sarreti

The Battle of Bastion

The Roadblock arrived as the Megador detached from the shipyard orbiting the planet.

A million Imperial citizens had made it aboard, but the two Golan battle stations in orbit were ash.

The planetary shields were down, and the capital was aflame.

Immediately Jerod would see that the massive seventy-kilometer wide ship was being smothered by coral fighters and smaller escorts, while it's long range turbolasers were keeping the Yuuzhan Vong capital ships at bay - but not the big worldship, which was ignoring the dreadnought and hammering the surface.

"Admiral," the lead analyst said as they arrived. "The enemy larger ships are pinned down, so we only need to clear their frigate and corvette analogs. Data from the Mobus engagement confirms that our Strike-class cruisers and equivalent vessels will outmatch them, or even our heavy starfighters. Recommendation is to hold back our capital ships in-case enemy reinforcements arrive."

But then the enemy flagship began a ponderous turn and the capital ships were released from their posts - warship and battleship and heavy cruiser analogs launched, surging forward, taking heavy fire from the Megador but not perturbed at all - indeed, the cruisers seemed to specialise in shielding gravitics, and so were at the front and absorbing the punishment.

His analyst was perplexed then. "I am not sure, but it would seem as if the Yuuzhan Vong waited for us to arrive before advancing?"

Indeed that was the case. The defences of Bastion were insufficient to stop the Yuuzhan Vong fleet present, perhaps had the Home Fleet been present, of course, but it wasn't - the Imperial High Command sent a tactical update letting Jerod know that Imperial forces were bottled up at Borosk.

The carrier analogs followed the behind the capital ships, lagging slightly but launching a swarm of coral fighters - easily a thousand - to head towards the Megador.

"Orders, Admiral?"

TAG: @Jerjerrod-Lennox (single)
    ---
    IC: Tech

Mandalorian meeting

"As you order, Mandalore," Tech said promptly. "From the data we have, I imagine the troops we've sent are merely out of signal range. The creatures are pursuing strong HoloNet signals, so should be less concerned by smaller ships."

Indeed, dozens of ships returned to the communication zone, which was now touching their Second Line.

Hunter didn't like that. "The moment we lose comms, the Vong are going to hit us. I know it."

"Couriers are all well and good," Crosshair said, needling his teeth. "But they're going to cut at our response time."

"Well, why don't we just, y'know, guess," said Wrecker.

"Guess?" Ordo scoffed.

Venku interjected. "Clearly he means we need to be proactive rather than reactive, Ordo. If we play defensively, the Vong will have the advantage. We used to rule ride our Bessies into the void, with our armour between us and death."

"And yeah we ate kids for breakfast," Ordo said, drily, "and picked our teeth with live Mythosaurs."

"Wrecker does have a point," rasped Kast. "All this sitting around is driving me crazy. We just won a battle! We should be striking back, not defending."

"We needed Intel before we could act," Tech opined. "And I am doubtful that we can create our own HoloNet, not without perhaps investigating ground based receivers and adding a tremendous amount of power to it. We'd need to build an ecumenopolis on each planet..."

The Verpine finally got in touch, the hive mind chiming in.

A raft of data appeared on the Vengeant's datapad.

Stutter-fire techniques for their fighters to confuse the enemy gravitic defences...

... theories that using a gravity well generator on a larger capital ship in orbit above a planet would force it to divert resources to keeping the ship positioned and away from said defences...

... evidence that having ships dial up their internal gravity would make them less susceptible to the Yuuzhan Vong turning their gravity defences to the offensive, to strip shields from ships, which had happened to Venku in the recent fight...

... confirmation that the Yuuzhan Vong genome was thus far immune to every poison they could synthesise...

... suggestions that they employ Force users to throw missiles and torpedoes at the enemy, so there was no propellant trail for the enemy to track, for most missiles were very obvious when launched...

... a psychological angle in that they employ a droid army as machines seem anathema to the enemy from the reports of refugees gathering at Agamar, which was still in the HoloNet, for now...

... initial research into how Yuuzhan Vong ships communicated was going badly at this stage...

But it was a wealth of ideas, speculation, and technological hints.

Tech suddenly spoke up. "I have an idea where we could get the power we need."

A world appeared from the table holoprojector; Ithor.

[​IMG]

"The Ithorian city-ships are quite immense, much like the ones above Duro. If we were to take one, and repurpose its power supply to generating a HoloNet signal, we could much more quickly create our own network. Otherwise, we're looking at constructing much larger capital ships."

A profile appeared.

[​IMG]

Echo spoke the obvious. "Ithor is in New Republic space."

"So?" Kast said, looking at Vengeant.

TAG: @galactic-vagabond422
    ---
    IC: Ben Solo

Aboard the Millennium Falcon, Battle of Borosk

The Yuuzhan Vong brought roughly as many ships to the battle, but the worldship was additional, but matched by the mines, orbital guns and shields. The two forces were technically evenly matched, and when Vua spoke to the commander, a young Yuuzhan Vong named Hreven Karsh, he was eager to let the T'sam Pah through his lines because its contribution was not insignificant.

The Remnant gave Han the 181st fighter aces, a whole wing of TIE Defenders.

[​IMG]

Ben's plan, to his glee, worked out, and the T'sam Pah was through and the TIE Defenders launched and the battle engaged. The TIE Defenders managed to wreck merry havoc inside the enemy line, and then the Imperials attacked. It had been timed perfectly by the Remnant, who had allowed the Yuuzhan Vong to advance into range of the planetary weapons and mines before the 181st was launched.

Fin whistled from inside the control room of the slaveship. "So we go now?"

"Or do we join the battle?" Vua said.

"The plan was for us to go... but if we inflict a defeat on the Vong here, it may make a difference to the war." Kaye said, but she was always eager to fight.

"The refugees, though," Ben said.

Lumpy agreed with them.

"I mean, I'm pretty sure it's the Generals call," Fin said, carefully.

All eyes turned to Han.

The T'sam Pah was out of range of the fight for now, but the Yuuzhan Vong were struggling. The worldship was besieged, and a warship analog exploded. The 181st had focused on the Yuuzhan Vong carriers, so as to cut down the coral fighters launched, but the bigger capital ships - especially the battleship analogs, were just too powerful for an Imperial Star Destroyer.

It hung in the balance, essentially.

TAG: @Jerjerrod-Lennox (combo)
    ---
    IC: Nomi Da-Boda

Bonadan skirmish

It was down.

Damaged, a clean hole through the sphere.

[​IMG]

The Ship, at the edge of Bonadan, glared at them who had crippled it so.

You cannot win. The Dark Man is almighty. He has been anointed. Chosen. Risen up from the shadows.

Nomi rolled her eyes as she approached with Kyp and Adalia.

"So, all of us together, against the connection of Darth Sidious, the greatest Dark Lord of the Sith?"

You have no hope. He is more powerful than all of you combined.

Yes, Ship had other weapons than cannons and lasers and cables.

But, he was inert, leaning heavily to one side, clearly imperilled.

The Force had a sense of urgency to it - that they had tarried to long, and if they did not hurry, devastation would come to them. A threat was building, and they needed to be there.

TAG: @Adalia-Durron, @darthbernael (singles please)

TAG: @TheSilentInfluence (Battle of Garqi combo continues)

Last edited: Aug 3, 2021
  10. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    GM UPDATE TWO OF FIVE

OUTER RIM

EAST

IC: Faya Ne
    Hyperspace

The Kaminoan woman listed slightly, and the shuttle advanced after the Dipyramid ship.

It vanished into hyperspace.

The sensors confirmed where it was going.

[​IMG]

Korriban, a world in the distant Outer Rim.

A world that Cocytus knew.

"It's a dead planet," Faya Ne said. She looked back at the still unconscious Kina Ha.

"I suspect that you have a story to tell me, but do you intend to kill her? She is a Jedi, is she not?"

In her hand she held a datapad.

"This is a breakdown of Palpatine's project with cloning the Force sensitive bounty hunter Aurra Sing. He intended to use her a test subject for his own clone, which he has been unable to duplicate. Taun We was not yet able to create a functioning clone of a Force user."

He tone was glacial, noncommittal.

She had no attachment to Kamino - not her world, not her people, and not her mother.

They entered into hyperspace with a rumble.

"Perhaps you can tell who you truly are, and where you are from... or perhaps when."

TAG: @Darth Cocytus (single)

11. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    GM UPDATE THREE OF FIVE

INNER RIM

SOUTH

IC: Aden Kya

Aboard the Eravana, Jakku orbit

The bounty hunters were on their way, which gave them a short amount of time to regroup, and rebuild, and recover from what wounds they may have had inflicted upon them at Bakura and Dathomir respectively. After their initial intimacy, Almira gave Leia the space she needed, keeping to herself should she need to talk to Tor again.

It had been awkward her watching someone she cared for getting abused like that.

It was worrying that Leia didn't just beat the snot out of Tor for her attitude. Was this kind of speaking allowed in their wider family?

Almira didn't know.

Conversely, Aden hurt.

A lot.

Owen had seen to that, but it wasn't necessarily permanently damaging, just pounding. He needed to get some rage out of his system, after all. Tor was so reckless, and Ka'rta was killing everything good in this galaxy.

But Tor was also right; Graul needed to die, that Anzati freak too.

The sooner they did, the sooner they could get on with it.

The news wasn't stunning either.

The Eternal Fleet had advanced into the Confederation space en masse, numbers hurled at Thyferra too, a New Republic fortress world. The Tapani Lords had suffered a rash of assassinations and in-fighting would make the entire sector an easy victim, and most of Hutt Space was lost to the HoloNet issues. Even the loss of Eternal cruisers to communications issues didn't seem to bother the Eternal Empire, which was lashing out.

Even on the fringes of Wild Space, worlds were being burned to the ground. It was a multi-directional push.

Jakku wouldn't stay safe for long.

But that didn't mean Owen didn't notice the arrival of a Dipyramid design ship, and of course the sensors of that ship detected the Eravana, and its many armaments and tractor beams.

"Tor!" Owen called out from the open ramp of Leia's shuttle. "We have an intruder!"

He piped it through to Tor. "Do I tractor it?"

The Force rumbled, and indeed Renn and Vhardia, with their own senses, would detect the arrival of Leia and Almira - Leia was a Jedi Knight very well known to them after all, and also the new Force user, Barriss, who they did not know.

Lor San Tekka's question hung in the air, as did Renn's reply, as events began to move.

The Tho Yor communicated to its passenger that there were Force users aboard the Eravana and on the surface - three on each. It requested guidance; the Dagger of Mortis, for it's part, glowed blue.

There were other hyperspace arrivals; heavily armed ships.

The bounty hunters were arriving, of course, and the Otana's sensors - the ship that Vhardia and Renn had arrived in - would detect them, too. BB-8 conveyed the news to them.

Lor San Tekka hesitated. "We need to get moving. The girl, and the contents of the base below, I have them in my camp, for safekeeping. Come, come."

And then...

Hyperspace shimmered and a ship arrived.

Just one.

One was enough.

[​IMG]

It was an Eternal Fleet battlecruiser, fully automated, sent by the Eternal Emperor to scour Jakku, one of hundreds of worlds being so visited at the order of Bernael.

TAG: @CosmoHender (single), @darthhelinith (single), @darthbernael (single), @TheSilentInfluence (single), @galactic-vagabond422 (single)

TAG: @Narancia and @Shadowsun (continue your combo on Bakura please)

12. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    GM UPDATE FOUR OF FIVE

INNER SYSTEMS

IC: Triebakk

Vice Chancellor's Office

He wasn't a fool, as a rule.

Triebakk had been slighted by the acts of Doman Beruss.

They were without honour.

He would atone for his crimes, for his lack of due diligence, and he had spoken to the Rock Council.

The Wookiees agreed.

It was unacceptable.

They would prepare the Home Fleet for war.

Not to defend Kashyyyk, but to defend their reputation.

In the last three wars they had been attacked - occupied by General Greivous, bombarded by the Ultimate Weapon, and then struck by the Sith Eternal Fleet. The Home Fleet had been built to ensure it would never happen again, primarily based on Separatist designs but also with new innovations in starfighters, for example the Owool.

But now, they would swing their mighty shield as a sword, to strike down injustice.

So when Nola Deidder came to his office, closely escorted by her husband and four burly military police officers in blues, with one with the added yellow to signify command, he was already deeply suspicious.

[​IMG]

He rumbled a single word.

[​IMG]

Explain.

TAG: @JediMasterAnne (combo)
    ---

Royal Chambers

Isolder nodded. It was bad.

They didn't know who to trust.

"There are secret corridors from this room, crisscrossing the Royal Palace here on the Star Home. We need to take them, get moving, before -"

There was a rap at the door.

A voice called out through it; most of the furniture this deep into the Royal Palace was ornate, not security minded, because the guards to the monarch were beyond reproach. But for someone to be knocking that very door, then there was a very high chance that her guards had been suborned. Or they were dead.

"I am Captain Welmo Darb of the Military Police."

Galney silenced herself so they could listen.

"In the name of the New Republic Senate, I come with an arrest warrant for the former Queen Mother of Hapes, the Prince and Senator of the Hapan Cluster, and the Senator of New Alderaan. Please do not resist, I have instructions from the Chancellor herself that she wants a peaceful transition and the accusations of sedition thoroughly investigated. I come with the approval of the Senators of Kuat and New Nubia, as well as the Vice Chancellor's Office."

As far as the Captain was aware, that was in-fact correct.

It was simply arresting a pair of rogue Senators and a Head of State who was being replaced.

It wasn't a rare occurrence; Senators were all corrupt, he thought.

It just so happened that Head of State was a former Chancellor, so he wanted to be careful.

Galney sat up, having ripped her dress and stuffed it between her teeth to grit against. She pulled it free of her mouth. "Queen Mother, leave the blaster. I shall guard your retreat. The children come first." Galney pleaded with her. "If my consort was in on it, it has to be my sister, the Ducha. She vetted him - introduced us."

She sounded disgusted at how pathetic it sounded.

"If the Chancellor and my sister are in league, you need to go. Escape, away from here or Hapes if you have to."

Isolder had his comlink in hand but he didn't know what to do or say.

Who do I call for help?

It was written across his face.

TAG: @JediMasterAnne (combo)
    ---
    IC: Dutch

Corellian system

"Can you get us any data on CenterPoint station? And what's the ETA on Zarya and Rock if they're able to come at all?"

Dutch grinned a toothy smirk. "I may have touched base with them while you were playing on the Stroke. They were in the Nubian system, shadowing us, so they'll arrive with us..."

The lines of hyperspace ceased and a pair of worlds appeared with a station in the barycentre point.

Dutch looped in the others. "You can exchange insults and pleasantries once I'm done, Boss want's a briefin', and here you go."

[​IMG]

"Centa'point Station," Dutch said, folding his arms. "Ancient, some really nutty estimates reckon it's a million year olds, but most datin' sets it at a mere hundred millennium old. Which, 'course, means its four times older than the Republic and the Jedi Order."

"Nobody knows what it its makers were doin' with it, but Corellia is a mystery wrapped up in a present mixed with a conundrum," Dutch shrugged. "Some pretty out-there guys post-u-late that the whole damn star system is artificial, like, someone towed a bunch of planets here. Five inhabited worlds? Statistically super rare. Like, impossibly. It's pretty unlikely to have a habitable world at all in a system, there's only like a billion, an' we have 400 billion stars in the galaxy an' all that."

Another shrug. "Why is Sal-Solo using Centerpoint? Well, who knows. Probably because it's easier to take over than a planet? The Corellian defence force is built around six main warships - three Corellian Dreadnaughts, and three Strident-class Star Defenders, which are, like, worth two ImpStar's. Five thousand odd smaller ships and all that make up the Corellian Home Fleet." He eyed Tobbi.

"But, as we know, some of the ships are at Nubia now, an' that's even while Sal-Solo an' Saxan are locked in electoral combat!" He punched the air. "You can bet Sal-Solo will commit to the Confeds, but Saxan, she's NR through-and-through. Most humans love Sal-Solo an' his 'Human League', and Saxan appeals to the nonhumans an 'enlightened' humans. Even numbers, Sal-Solo might win yet, who knows."

Dutch looked at the Boss. "Sooooo... plans?"

TAG: @Narancia (combo)

TAG: @HanSolo29 (continue combo)

13. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    GM UPDATE FIVE OF FIVE

THE UNKNOWN REGIONS

IC: Beaumont Kin

Unknowns, deep space, north-west

The moment was a soft one, and they had needed it.

Beaumont recovered, the ship was silent, and Qwi was given a rest as well.

After a few hours, they would come to, and the ships presence in the Force - in their Vongsense - was gone.

It had died while they rested.

After such a good run of it... fleeing Palpatine's ship, fighting through the Battle of Garqi, and surviving the beginning of the Battle of Bastion...

But it had passed on.

That meant they were stranded.

In the middle of nowhere.

"Well this day just gets worse and worse," Beaumont said as they stood in the cockpit, hand in hand.

And yet.

And yet.

There was the slightest sensation that they were being watched.

TAG: @Jerjerrod-Lennox (combo)

TAG: @darthbernael, combo continues

Last edited: Aug 3, 2021
  14. CosmoHender

CosmoHender Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2016
    IC: Barriss

Jakku Orbit

Though she hadn't known what to expect, Barriss had hoped that this mission would be a simple one.

It seemed like she would have no such luck.

First there were the presence of six other Force sensitives, only of whom Barriss assumed was the Chosen that she was sent here for. She wondered if the others were here for the Chosen as well, but it couldn't have been a coincidence that so many Force sensitives were here at the same time. Barriss did recall what her daughter had said, calling Jakku a nowhere planet. But it was only unimportant at a first glance, since according to Anakin this was where it had all began decades ago. It was where Palpatine had found a Holocron of Prophecy, so who knows what else was down there...

Which made it troubling when an Eternal Fleet battlecruiser came out of hyperspace. That especially worried Barriss, who realized that she had to act fast. The only good sign was the glowing Dagger of Mortis, which Barriss guessed meant that the Chosen was close. She was on the right path, at least.

"Bring us down to the surface," Barriss ordered, wanting to be on Jakku before the battlecruiser noticed she was there or the Eravana could pull her in with a tractor beam. "Head over to where the Force sensitives on the planet are."

She did consider the possibility that the other Force sensitives were Jedi. That would be preferable to Sith at least, though she still wasn't ecstatic about them. Especially if they were like the Jedi that she had met on Bonadon.

Barriss sighed. She had a bad feeling about this...

TAG: @Sinrebirth @darthhelinith @darthbernael @TheSilentInfluence @galactic-vagabond422

15. galactic-vagabond422

Jul 11, 2009
    Tor
    Jakku

Her team was on it's way, a plan forming in her head. She didn't know how the dark side worked but she remembered some things her sister and aunt told her about the force connecting people. Those sensitive to the force could feel when people they cared about were in danger. She wondered if that was the same for those on the darkside. Though with the beating Owen was about to give the blue haired guy she was sure someone else would feel it. Silently she was grateful that it wasn't her facing the wrath of Owen. She could take him she had the youth and a deceptive amount of experience, but it would take a lot out of her and she needed that to face off against her target.

All she had left was to wait, wait for her team to arrive and then head back out somewhere isolated, away from anyone else that can feel fear, pain and anguish...probably want to knock out toady before the fight. The plan was coming together.

When the message came in from Owen she wrinkled her nose.

"If they're not aggressive then just let them go," She said dismissivly, "We're only here for a few more minutes so we can gather the team and get…."

It was at this moment she could feel the chain of fate, an old friend of the Dar'Solus family, tug on her. As she looked out she could see an Eternal Empire ship enter the system.

"FRACK!" she exclaimed though it was muffled by her helmet, Owen heard it loudly. It seemed fate was telling her to run, or stand and fight. "You think they've noticed us? 'Cus I don't think I can change the meeting place, last I heard the Holonet was going down. Don't think I'll be able to get in touch with the team."

TAG: @Sinrebirth @darthhelinith @darthbernael @TheSilentInfluence @CosmoHender

Ka'rta
    Mandalore

The Mand'alor looked at her options taking an aggressive stance was the Mandalorian way though she had to balance that with the defense of the homeworld the most important thing in the galaxy. Just charging out into the void was a good way to get a lot of warriors dead. It seemed most of the council was in favor of taking action and to be fair so was she. Though it needed to be quick and decisive.

The woes of securing their communications seemed to be the major stumbling block right at the moment. That took priority at the moment. The information from their Virpine friends was diverting at least for a moment.

The gravitic compensator trick seemed to already work and as known. Stutter fire shouldn't be too hard to implement. Gravity wells that could cause some problems but that would be a question for Tech to wrap his head around. She was annoyed that there wasn't a bioweapon she could use on them, to exterminate them. Supposed that someone in their distance past tried that and they took steps to prevent it. Though she would keep pursuing it. The droid army idea did turn her stomach a bit. As Mand'alor she was loathe to replace her commandos with droids though if they had them as a vanguard, something to throw at the Vong first then have the Beskar Tide crash into them could be useful. Another thing for Tech to look at.

Her head came up seeing Ithor on the screen and the load out for a city ship. They were magnificent, and necessary to her. They were now the one thing in the galaxy she wanted. It didn't matter that they were in Republic space. She needed one, she would have one.

"Gather enough fighters to make a show of force without substantially weakening our defenses. We will arrive in the system in force. We will politely ask for one of their City ships, offering to assist with relocation. We just need one correct?" She looked to Tech for confirmation. "Then that is all we will request. If they refuse we will take it by force...just one, we will tear through any defense put up to stop us and any defenders on the City Ship itself. We will keep collateral damage to a minimum but, we will not waste time, time is something we do not have." She looked toward Garqi, "The Republic is tied up fighting a fight they cannot win. They don't have the resources to be chasing after us. Just as long as we don't give them a major reason to come after us. They allowed the Eternal Empire to exist with all their crimes. I'm sure they can overlook this one necessity. And if they don't, they will know the might of the Mandalorians." Privately she sent the data to Tech, requesting possible solutions to the stutter fire and droid armies the soonest. "Now I need attack strategies and possible countermeasures to any Republic or Ithorian response to our aggression…" The meeting began in earnest.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2021
  16. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    IC - Adalia and Kyp.
    Bonadan skirmish

She could ‘feel’ the ships aggression, ‘feel’ that it wanted to attack them. “That thing wants to kill us, I can feel it.” She muttered, “I say we kill it back.”

Kyp sighed, “not every problem needs such a direct solution, though your thoughts are duly noted.”

She folded her arms and popped a hip. “Duly noted huh? Well maybe you can ‘duly note’ I don’t want to play nice with it?”

He sensed her mood, and turned to face her. “Stay here, sit down, have a sleep for all I care. I’m going to see what I can learn from it, it’s in pain, it’s angry, but it’s not capable of fighting back. I’m going to show it some compassion, you just stay here with your cold heart and all …..” He gestured to the whole of her, “this.” He spun glancing at Xundrel, indicating this was normal for them.

Adalia glowered at him, he was goading her, she knew that, but it worked every damn time. She growled under her breath, hating that he was right. She always hated when he was right. Without a word she set her lips into a fine line and trudged after him, with no intention of sitting this out or being accused of a having a cold heart.

TAG @darthbernael @Sinrebirth

17. darthbernael

Apr 15, 2019
    IC Xundel
    Bonadon, skirmish

Ship was listing on it’s side, a hole clean through it from where the cannonball had punctured it. Even from here, Xundel could sense the malevolence of it, due to the influence of Palpatine. That and the fact that the sphere was already busy rebuilding itself.

And then it spoke...You cannot win. The Dark Man is almighty. He has been anointed. Chosen. Risen up from the shadows.

He heard Nomi speak up and felt comforted by her words.

"So, all of us together, against the connection of Darth Sidious, the greatest Dark Lord of the Sith?"

You have no hope. He is more powerful than all of you combined.

Xundel let out a coughing laugh, ”Tell me, ancient one, if he is so, why did he send you instead of coming himself to end us? And don’t say we’re beneath his notice, he wouldn’t have sent you if we were so that argument is invalid.”

Turning away from the meditation sphere for a moment he thought. Ship was powerful and regenerating but there was something else, something coming and not just to Bonadon, yes it could destroy them here if they were here but the actual focal point was elsewhere and they really needed to be there to stop it or have a chance to aid in stopping it.

Glancing at Nomi, ”Something is coming and Bonadon is not safe. Will you and Geb come with us and try to stop the chaos of the Force once we take control of Ship?” he asked.

He raised his defenses, needed at the waves of hatred radiating from Ship as he walked closer to it. It had some serious defenses but those could be turned to their aid once they wrested it from Palpatine, it answered to whoever proved they could control it.

His eyes shone with power as he looked at Adalia and Kyp. He'd heard their little quarrel but knew the were as one in their desire to stop ship and Palpatine's attack. ”It is much to ask that you continue to aid me, to assist me in trying to keep the Force from destroying itself, from the End coming. I appreciate it though, and would hope to call you both friend, especially after what we are about to do. Adalia, you are untrained but strong, Kyp, I know you struggle some with the acceptance of the darker aspects, but not all that exists with those aspects are evil, and I hope to let you see that.”

Turning back to Ship, he raised his will, beginning to set it at the join where Palpatine’s will held firm to Ship, kept Ship in that Dark one’s control.

TAGS: @Sinrebirth, @HanSolo29, @JediMasterAnne, @Jerjerrod-Lennox, @galactic-vagabond422, @TheSilentInfluence, @galactic-vagabond422, @darthhelinith, @CosmoHender, @Shadowsun, @Adalia-Durron, @Narancia, @Mitth_Fisto, @Kato Sai, @TheAdmiral

18. darthbernael

Apr 15, 2019
    OOC: Double post approved by GM

IC Renn
    Jakku

Many things seemed to happen at once. Renn looked up suddenly as Lor San Tekka began to lead he and Vhardia toward the man’s camp. He shifted his gaze, looking at his wife, Leia is here! And she’s not alone.” he said even as BB-8 rolled up, telling them about the ship in orbit. He was sure that Leia could sense them as well, whether she chose to descend to the surface or not.

And then BB-8 began tweetling even more, telling them about other ships and beings entering the system, including a dipyramidal ship, which really piqued his interest. ’Someone from Mortis is here too…’ he sent Vhardia, not really wanting to alert this man as much as he was currently assisting them.

Suddenly there was the sense of a darkness arriving, BB-8 shrieking. Taking a moment to understand the droid he looked at Lor San Tekka, ”Get us to your camp, now! Warn your people! There’s an Eternal cruiser in orbit, and it’s preparing to fire!”

Renn looked at Vhardia, ”That can only have been sent by my ‘Twin’ and I’m sure it will sense us here, will make it scour Jakku.” he said as he let his senses reach out to find either San Tekka’s camp or a place to hide that could escape the initial bombardment.
    ____________________________________________________________________________
    Jakku orbit

The Eternal cruiser entered the Jakku system. Only one was needed here, it was a relatively unimportant world. But, as it began to join the orbit of Jakku it’s sensors picked up one craft with Light side presences onboard. And then another ship, a dipyramid that was in it’s database as a craft belonging to the Ones. There were sensor ghosts of craft inbound to the system and the code of a freighter on the surface. But the true prize, unexpected, was the signature of the Emperor’s ‘Twin’ on the surface of the world.

Uncaring, save for the last, that data was sent through the GEMINI channels, including to the Emperor. The orders remained the same, <Cleanse Jakku> but now included <Destroy the Emperor’s Twin, if possible. Clear the orbitals.>

A squadron of Skytrooper fighters screamed from the bays onboard the cruiser, headed to the hyper emergence points. They would wait, ready to pounce, as soon as the new arrivals broke hyper, before they had a chance to adjust to reemergence.

The turbolaser batteries went into automatic cycling, firing on every ship in orbit, but focusing on the two ships in orbit that had caught the sensors interest the most. The tip of the ship began to glow as the massive spinal battery began to warm up, before fire began to lance from it, down toward the surface, aimed at where the sensors told the ship that the Emperor’s Twin was currently located.
    ____________________________________________________________________________
    Jakku

BB-8 screamed and Renn yelled, ”Incoming!!” He Pulled, hard, against Vhardia, trying to bring her with him as he raced, trying to get as much distance as possible as a bolt came lancing down out of the sky. It impacted, throwing him through the air, until he hit the side of a dune, rolling down it’s surface. BB-8 was still screaming, or was it the ringing in his ears, he wasn’t sure but he was sure that that wasn’t going to be the only shot fired at them. He and Light reached out, preparing to throw a dome of Force energy around them all as he looked for Vhardia, trying to find his wife.

TAGS: @Sinrebirth, @darthhelinith, @HanSolo29, @JediMasterAnne, @Jerjerrod-Lennox, @galactic-vagabond422, @TheSilentInfluence, @galactic-vagabond422, @CosmoHender, @Shadowsun, @Adalia-Durron, @Narancia, @Mitth_Fisto, @Kato Sai, @TheAdmiral

Sinrebirth likes this.
  19. TheAdmiral

TheAdmiral Chosen One star 4

Mar 28, 2004
    IC: Jori II Atreus
    Bakura, Salis Daar, Eternal Throne Room

Lagertha? The name sounded vaguely familiar, not sure from where, but surely she was not a descendant of that woman. He must be mistaken “Well, if you expected to pull off such a stunt without casualties, then you are a fool.” she said coldly. “But I will remember his sacrifice.” Jori added quickly. Better not to antagonize the man further.

She ignored the snide in his voice and looked out of the viewport. The battle was an awesome spectacle, albeit very wasteful.

“Are we going to leave any time soon?” she tilted her head inquisitively.

20. darthhelinith

darthhelinith Force Ghost star 6

Feb 10, 2009
    Vhardia
    Jakku, surface

Vhardia was thrown forward- she used her reflexes to spin herself with the force and propel herself forward, towards the innocents she could sense ahead, through the sand that was raining down around them. She had no concerns about Renn's safety, he was the avatar of the light side of the force, but the people on the planet didn't ask for any of this and she continued to sprint towards the settlement, concerned that she and her husband had brought danger to their peaceful lives.

One sleeve over her mouth to shield from the flying sand, she suddenly realised that life forms were all around her, panicked screams and cries of families separated from each other and clutching at belongings.

"Move away from the settlement!" She yelled, as the sand began to settle, though she suspected it wouldn't be long before the ship fired again.
    She grabbed a hysterical child running past her the wrong way and led them away, towards the scattered trail of people running away as fast as they could.

Tags: @Sinrebirth @darthbernael

21. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    IC Kyp and Adalia
    Bonadon, skirmish

What he’d said about something big coming concerned him, and he wondered if goading the Ship was such a good idea. The vile hatred from it was almost overwhelming, almost. Kyp looked to Xundel, “I accept the Darkside, I’ve been there, I’ve seen it, it didn’t end well and it wasn’t pretty.” His voice was low and even. “Accepting it into my world isn’t a good move for me.”

Instantly she was behind him, her hand on his hip and her head rested gently on his shoulder for a moment in support. “You won’t go back; I won’t let you.” She whispered.

He looked down to his hip and felt what she was doing, what she always did. No one knew, she was his strength, sure he was very power in the Force, but the drive to use it came from her, washing over him through the Force, even when she was opposing him, it was often for a reason. Looking back to Xundel he gave a nod. “Let’s do this.”

TAG @Sinrebirth @darthbernael

22. AgentViper007

AgentViper007 Force Ghost star 7

Mar 9, 2005
    OOC: A combo with @Sinrebirth

IC: Han Solo, Ben Solo, Lumpawaroo (Lumpy), Vua Rapuung, Tycho Celchu, Fin Galfridian

This was where Han hated being in charge.

The battle was going well, well as well as it could be. The Imperials had thankfully come out to play including some rather nifty looking TIE fighters.

Han was proud of Ben coming up with the plan, Vua had acted his part to perfection and the slave ship and Falcon were through.

But now Han had a choice, protect the refugees or help the Imps out.

I've got a bad feelin' about this.

"Fin, you and the refugees continue on to Ruan, you are safe enough out of the way. Just make sure when you get there you tell 'em you're on a stolen ship".

He looked at Lumpy, Ben and Vua "The Imps are handlin' the Vong here. There's nothin' more we can do and there is no way the Falcon will be able to do anythin'. Just get in the way".

He faced forwards "We'd better get to New Nubia. If there is a chance to end this war then we had better do it quickly".

Ben spoke to Fin over the comm "Make sure you get yourself to Yavin 4 or Ossus when this is over, and we can teach you to use the Force."

"A Jedi King?" Fin returned. "Sounds awesome."

His attention turned to Han. "Your word is kept, Captain Solo. I release you and the Falcon's impeccable crew."

Lumpy roared a goodbye.

Vua looked to Han. "Nas Choka will be honour-bound to pursue you, Hero Solo. You have impeded his success. The Warmaster is especially fond of strategies involving chasing refugees, for he believes it will breed chaos. Any world that hosts refugees will be a target for him."

Another roar; they were ready to depart. The T'sam Pah was accelerating to the jump coordinates.

The Battle of Borosk remained evenly matched, violently so.

"Good luck Your Highness, and as they say may the Force be with you. Hope to catch up with you again sometime".

Han then moved the Falcon away from where it was shadowing the slave ship and entered the coordinates for New Nubia, the battle raging on behind.

He then looked at Vua's reflection in the viewport "Anywhere we go is dangerous. Your buddies seem to be everywhere at the moment. Fin says Ruan is safe so I gotta trust his judgement".

He smirked "And besides, he will have to be very clever to know where we are goin'. And there is no way his ships are faster than the Falcon''.

Han pulled the hyperdrive lever to send them on their way.

"I cannot decide if I would rather have Nas Choka or the Warmaster pursuing us," Vua grumbled.

But then they were gone, on their way.

They would have to travel from the very Outer Rim to the Core, and that meant taking a route to the Hydian Way and then up it. But when they reached the Bandomeer junction -

[​IMG]

They were yanked from hyperspace!

The Falcon groaned, violently unhappy, and the T'sam Pah appeared besides them in the viewport.

Before them was a coral ship, laying mines across the junction -

The ship released a cloud of some thirty fighters, and they began to head towards them en masse -

Ben was already running to the gun turret. Vua snarled.

A comlink blared; Fin, who had connected a line between them - short-distance, but decent enough. "We're going for the minelayer." The massive T'sam Pah accelerated -

Lumpy growled at Han from the co-pilot seat.

How many missiles did he want?

Han thought maybe it would be a simple trip to New Nubia.

Guess not.

"I hate it when i'm right" Han growled as he saw the ship casually laying mines right smack bang where they wanted to go.

"Be careful Your Highness" Han said to Fin "It might not take 'em long to see you're not friendly. Try and hit 'em in a weak spot, if they have any"

"Ben, concentrate on those fighters comin' our way' ' Han knew they carried eight missiles "Arm four, no use wastin' the whole payload if they are just going to suck 'em up".

Han accelerated forward "Alright let's slow these guys down. Fire one missile, I'll try and get us in range for Ben to shoot".

He looked at Vua "And any information from you might be useful".

"The dovin basils we use are limited, they propel and defend; if you tax them, they cannot do both. I would recommend striking from afar as best as possible, so the pilots have to consume their basils' focus on speed." Vua said carefully. "Unless you can make it so your lasers fire at separate points?"

Ben shouted over the chug, chug, chug of the cannons. "I did wonder if we could do that, reorient the barrels of the quad-laser out so rather than hitting a single point they hit a wider area."

Vua nodded, a chop of his head. "Precisely."

The missile distracted a coralskipper and Ben shot it down, but that was one. The missile did shoot through the debris and slam into a second, surprising it, so they did get two for one, but with twenty-eight left...

... The T'sam Pah fired streams of plasma at the tender, which deployed a plague of voids to absorb the shots. It continued to spit out mines from it's rear, seemingly determined to deploy its payload before it was destroyed.

Fin had the T'sam Pah close the distance, and fifteen coral skippers veered away after it.

There was a flicker of pseudo-motion as an X-wing appeared from hyperspace, complete with red trim. It turned on its axis the moment it was tugged out, and moved away from the engagement. "Millennium Falcon, this is Rogue Leader. Didn't expect to see you here. Are you setting up for a run on the big guy?"

That was Tycho Celchu, husband to Winter, the Senator of New Alderaan and the Alderaan Sector.

Vua growled. "He will think the T'sam Pah is a threat."

Lumpy prepared a second missile.

"Alright Ben you heard Vua, do what you can with the guns, when we land I might have to do some tinkerin'".

Han tried to keep the Falcon as far away from the fighters as possible as Vua instructed but keeping the speed up so the Falcon was harder to target.

Then it seemed some help arrived. Well one X wing anyway.

"Hey Rogue Leader, good to see you again Tycho. Was just on our way to New Nubia before we caught this one layin' mines and gettin' in the way. Ran into a bit of trouble in the Outer Rim ourselves".

"That big ship there? That's full of refugees from Shamar including royalty I might add. King Fin Galfridian himself. Promised his late father I would get him to safety".

"So they are tacklin' the minelayer whilst we tackle those fighters. Care to join in?" Han nodded at Lumpy to release another missile.

Tycho inhaled at the information. "Big ship; good, fighters; bad. Got it."

He kicked his X-wing into high drive, unleashing a stream of shots rather than a quad-burst. With a twitched and reorient he shifted the stream as he went, walking fire up a coralskipper which didn't adjust in time and exploded.

"Nice!" Ben said.

The Falcon buckled as it took a solitary plasma ball out of the rain being lobbed at it from the chasing swarm, and shields cried out as the ship spun around, suddenly facing their pursuit. Ben fired; a coralskipper exploded because it was going too fast, and then another, before the group closed the distance and could shield normally.

Lumpy roared; the Vong weapons were powerful.

Vua nodded. "Good thing it was not a magma missile; those attach to the hull and chew on them."

He pointed at the minelayer. "It likely has a Yammosk aboard; they coordinate our ships, we train them to treat dovin basals as its children so it deploys them in the best formation. Telepathic sea-creature, once upon a time. But as a war coordinator it can't be surpassed."

Indeed the coral skippers seemed to be moving with particular coordination, which was more noticeable now there were less variables. "If we destroy the minelayer, the pilots will crumble."

Tycho cut across the nose of the Falcon and led coral skippers after him, but there were still a good dozen between them and the minelayer, and the T'sam Pah was slowing to defend its oblate hull from the coral slippers that were dodging its flailing arms and gouts of plasma.

Ben continued to fire, but wasn't catching any of them - he switched to those chasing after Tycho, which allowed him to get away and loop back. "What am I hitting? I have a message from the Chancellor for the fleets fighting at Garqi - I can't waste my fuel dogfighting."

There was no way the Falcon was getting to that minelayer, they still had fighters to clear. "Fire that second missile" Han said to Lumpy again.

Han was wrestling with the ship to try and keep her under control as he tried to dodge more shots.

"Try and take out that minelayer, it has some sort of creature aboard that is helping their pilots coordinate their attacks. We'll try and keep the fighters busy so you can get a clear shot".

"I hope" Han muttered as he brought the Falcon forward to try and keep the fighters focus on him. Hopefully his flying, Ben's shooting and the second missile would do the rest.

Ben took out another fighter, but the missile didn't catch a Vong fighter; the one following after opened a void -

So Tycho blew him up instead.

"Roger," he said as he hurled towards the minelayer, which was diverting its voids to protect it from the T'sam Pah. It fired gout after gout, while trying to use its tentacles to batter coralskippers.

Vua watched the displays and found himself wondering why the minelayer wasn't firing at the X-wing. "Wait -"

A second later a swarm of a good dozen massive insects were launched, and Tycho swerved away, pursued by them all -

"Grutchins," Vua grimaced.

Then the sensors chimed for an imminent hyperspace arrival; several somethings.

Lumpy roared that they needed to get going!

This was just getting better and better. Not.

Tycho was now in trouble, the missiles didn't seem to be doing a lot of damage and the coralskippers did not seem to be thinning down a lot. And even the slave ship was not having much luck either.

"I'd love to jump, pal but we are rather stuck. We can't get to the minelayer, His Highness is rather stuck and those fighters ain't thinnin' out. We attempt to jump we'll get blown up or dragged back out of hyperspace".

"I just hope who's comin' out of hyperspace is friendly…."

There were.

Seventy two X-wings emerged from hyperspace and almost instantly acted, scattering in wine pairs and heading towards the coral skippers and grutchins.

Tycho was on the comms immediately. “Jedi Wing, the big Vong ship is friendly. I repeat, a friendly.”

“Acknowledged, Rogue Leader,” came a female voice.

“Shara, what are you doing out here?”

The woman had been put in charge of the Jedi wing because of her piloting skills, notwithstanding that she wasn’t a Jedi. She supplied a quick reply as her fighters blew apart enemy ships and creatures.

“Been sent to cover the retreat of the New Republic from Garqi.”

“I was just sent to convey the Queen Mother’s request that the Eighth withdraw.”

“Is that the Falcon?” Shara asked, as the enemy ships burst into explosions, and the X-wings set upon the minelayer and mines.

Lumpy roared an affirmative.

“Kre’frey commandeered Core defences to head to Garqi,” Shara stated. “The Chancellor is livid, she’s going to fire Kre’frey but wants the withdrawal more than him in a cell. For now he’s still Supreme Commander so that we don’t have chaos.”

Tycho didn’t reply to that.

Lumpy didn’t either.

Vua’s expression grew speculative.

Ben for his part slid down the gun well; the enemy was finished.

Thankfully the Jedi had come to save his old backside. Sometimes he was grateful for the assist even if he still thought they acted like a bunch of wizards sometimes.

But it seemed even the New Republic was having problems too.

"Thanks for the assist guys. Seems like i've been missin' all the fun whilst i've had the Vong chasin' me around".

"Since the HoloNet is down am headin' to New Nubia to brief the Chancellor. I can't say too much over an open comm but I will say that I may have someone aboard who could possibly halt the war".

The mention of the Queen Mother…" Is Her Highness alright? Was hopin' to catch up with her at some point".

It was thankfully a private channel between Tycho, Han and Shara.

"My wife suspects that Doman is losing it. The pressure has gotten to her," Tycho said. "The Queen Mother survived an assassination attempt and to cover Kre'frey's moves has moved the Star Home to New Nubia - she's there now, hosting the Senate."

"And we just bombed an Eternal outpost in the middle of New Republic space - at Anzat. We were supposed to head to Nadiem to do the same to some Sith who have crashed there after escaping a world they were trapped on in Wild Space," Shara affirmed.

"We've no idea where Palpatine is, but Grandmaster Linnett and most of the Council have gone to the front to hunt them down," she continued.

"So you can catch the Queen Mother at New Nubia as well, I reckon."

The minelayer blew, and the mines were being worked over.

Fin came over a different line. "We're clear to jump to Ruan, Han."

"We should go," Vua affirmed.

"We're going to Garqi either way," said Shara. "Rogue Leader, did you want me to deliver the message to the Eighth?"

"Forwarding now," Tycho stated. "Captain Solo, can I follow you to New Nubia? I suspect my wife is going to need a hand."

It was a lot of information to take in but one thing was for sure, the Chancellor had gone bonkers. Feyna would now be the next choice to report to.

Meanwhile Madelyn was on the front lines, even though she was a Jedi that concerned him. She was one of his kids too.

"Shara, I hope you guys get there safely. And thanks again for the assist. If you find Madelyn, say hi from the Falcon. Hopefully she's alright".

"Your Highness" he said to Fin "You're in charge of those refugees now. Take care and maybe one day we'll meet again. You and Ben got on well and any friend of his is a friend of mine".

"Tycho, you can definitely come with us. Feyna is a toughie, so is Winter. She won't take anythin' lying down. But if things are fallin' apart, she's goin' to need some backup".

He re-inputted the coordinates to New Nubia and took them into hyperspace.

Hang on Feyna, we're coming...

TAG: @Sinrebirth , @JediMasterAnne (help incoming! @TheSilentInfluence for the mention)

darthbernael and Sinrebirth like this.
  23. darthbernael

Apr 15, 2019
    OOC: Some destructive and fatal fun with @Sinrebirth

IC Nevet
    Aboard Starkiller, moving through hyperspace

Spiderweb cracks slowly began to draw themselves along the pane that separated Nevet, his Force power, and the Dark. He could feel the pressure of it intensifying as he prepared himself. The wood was silent and whether it was because the Empire of the Hand had removed all the wildlife or because an ambush was evident it was difficult to say, his senses were registering things but because his Force ability was so muted he wasn’t fully seeing what was there.

And then the webs of cracks spread like a wildfire, as Sistros abandoned the bond to the GEMINI craft, for now. It left Nevet as the sole arbiter of the fleets, at the moment. The GEMINI hive mind sank into his as though it needed the full power of one Emperor to continue to function. He could feel the discord and darkness of the fleets and it caused him to smile. Allowing the distraction for a moment, he responded to the fleets, ’You are free to wreak destruction upon any world save the Eternal Empire’s worlds. Reap souls, reap energy, I will secure this base and combine my throne and it’s power so, together, we will drain the galaxy.’ His directive was just as the droids wished, to a degree. They were, mostly, free to destroy life as they wished.

The GEMINI hive mind responded, though confusion abounded. We obey.

"Are you sure that's a good idea?" It was Theron's voice, across the neural link.

"I'm definitely not," replied Lana.

Across their mental perception, Eternal Fleet cruisers began heading into Confederate space en masse, the Tapani Sector, the Bothan worlds, the Hutt ones; they would have to cross the secessionists territory first, after all...

Nevet sighed, almost growling, trust his advisors to make the obvious point. ’GEMINI, hold back enough craft to defend the borders of the Eternal Empire, should it be required, for now.’ His attention turned to Theron and Lana in the link, ’Does that satisfy you both? I know you tested my gestalt when I took the Throne and know what I see as the future so that decision should not have come as a surprise.’

The pane between him and Dark was crazing even more, small sections slipping free, tendrils of the Dark Side and the Force were slipping through, binding with him once again. But the process was still slow, although picking up. ’Lana, Theron, can the sensors of the flagship pick up anything definite out here, between myself and the command bunker?’

Theron and Lana looked at each other. "Do what you want. Our borders aren't our concern, the usage of the Eternal Fleet is," Lana replied. "Five thousand cruisers, perhaps?"

"But to answer your question, it would seem the Imperials are deploying forces to defend the command center."

A display showed up, with various deployments. "Twenty AT-ATs, forty AT-STs, five thousand Stormtroopers?"

Theron whistled." "Nice."

"We have six thousand Skytroopers and sixty walkers aboard the crashed flagship," confirmed Lana.

[​IMG]

Nevet let the information process. He considered what he’d seen of the bunker and what was there. ’Five thousand seem enough to ensure that there is a reserve and that there are still forces to enforce my will.’ he sent Lana and Theron.

He let the mental image of the compound before him fill his mind as he thought about the deployment possibilities of the forces at his disposal. ’The AT-STs are the more mobile of their walkers so reducing their numbers, as well as those of the troops is the priority. Avoid direct engagements with the AT-ATs until that is complete, but draw them away from the best line of approach I can take. And then circle them and take them from their weakest points, especially as their heads cannot turn that far to the sides.’ he instructed them as well.

As he sent mental orders he slipped through the woods, silently approaching the defensive lines. He truly enjoyed this part of a hunt, when the prey was desperately trying to sense him and failing in every way. He made sure he left no tracks as he moved, as well, to avoid that giving away his location. Soon he was within eyesight of the foe and his black eyes shone as he took in their defenses.

Theron chimed in. "How many walkers did you want us to send in?"

Five thousand Skytroopers mobilised, leaving indeed a healthy reserve.

The Imperial Army of course paid no heed to Bernael, simply splitting their Stormtroopers into two wings of three thousand and placing the AT-ATs in the center of the formation. The smaller walkers acted as a front 'bowl' in-front of all three parts of the army, ten to each, with ten more holding to the rear of the Army for a quick deployment.

Smart tactics, in theory.

Another period of thought occurred as Bernael studied the formations. ’Hmmm, I am certain that there are disabled Skytroopers, legless ones, for example, onboard. The transports for them should also be onboard. Have the first dozen or so carry those disabled but armed Skytroopers, both as bait and as the first wave, fly at treetop level and deploy those troops directly over the formations of the stormtroopers. Carrying those Skytroopers, those transports are slightly more expendable.’

He looked over the formations once again, ’Have the transports set so that, should any be hit so hard they are going in that they steer into the formation of the AT-ATs. Have the next wave of transports drop their Skytroopers in the tree where they can advance on the formation using their jet boosters and simple advancing. As to the walkers, forty of them are to be used. Twenty in the center, to feint toward the AT-ATs to get them moving, before splitting off, ten each to join the assault, from the flank, at the Stormtrooper formations. The other ten will have five in support behind the Skytroopers and five dropped on the outer flanks of both ‘infantry’ formations. The remaining twenty will be held in reserve.’

Once the battle began he could slip through the chaos with even less difficulty to enter the command bunker.

The battle began as he said.

The AT-ATs managed to down a few walkers from the central feint, and then began moving forward in earnest.

The walkers in-front of the AT-ATs split off in pursuit of the feinting group, even as the others were distracted by the transported Skytroopers. The Stormtrooper formation was disrupted by the drops, even though the AT-ATs shifted to blow apart the ships. The forest line being used to advance Skytroopers was also proving disruptive, and by the time the AT-ATs noticed the Stormtrooper formation was a mess.

It was then that the reserve AT-STs began firing indiscriminately into the forest, aiming to create a circle perimeter. The AT-ATs remained imperious, not a single one downed, as they methodically blew apart his walkers.

They had the tactical advantage, but the AT-ATs were a problem.

Nevet watched the battle, to begin, smiling even as some of his forces were destroyed. ’And how many Skytrooper Fighters are aboard?’ he sent to Lana and Theron. He knew there had been one full wing and half a wing of them aboard when he’d gone to the surface of Bakura but there had been things that had happened since then, damage and destruction. ’If available, send two squadrons on scissoring attacks, down through the now destroyed treeline, thanks to the AT-STs. Have them target the legs of the AT-ATs.’ he instructed.

He then began to use the chaos of the battle to slip through it all and approach the entrance to the command bunker. As he moved, the emotions of the fight, coming solely from the foes, poured into him, fed him, and caused larger and larger cracks to form in the wall dividing him from the Dark. Larger chunks of it were falling apart now and soon it would shatter.

A series of screams in the air telegraphed the arrival of two wings of Clawcraft; clearly the commander was of the same mind.

Theron had good news though. We've all of 'em, they were inside the ship proper rather than the hangars, so.

The chaos and death was indeed feeding Bernael, inevitably, slowly, but surely, allowing him to recover.

Had the Imperials known he was merely using them as food with this skirmish, that it was all artifice and theater, one would wonder how they would have reacted.

Nevet smiled as he drained every soul that was reaped by his mechanical troops. The wall that separated him from his full power now more than half as thin as it was at the start and the cracks in it were widening, even more chunks falling free. His troops were expendable, not that he wanted all of them expended but, compared to the masses of deaths that were occurring among his foe, he had not lost a single living soul since the assault began.

Reaching out to Lana and Theron, ’One wing for now, Clawcraft are fast and maneuverable but our fighters have an advantage, no living pilot that needs to stay conscious to fight. Half the wing to be allocated to harassing and destroying the fighters, the other’s as I previously stated, attacking the legs of the AT-ATs and destroying troops as they pull out of their attacks.’ he told them.

At this point he’d repositioned, was past most of the fighting already but he’d not yet finished his movement to the bunker, every soul that he took here brought his power back closer to being fully realized again. His smile broadened as he heard the screaming whines of his fighters heading in, only audible at the last moment with their extreme low altitude flying.

The fighters came into their own, spiralling above the ground battle, about a handful of moments before anti-aircraft artillery popped out of the ground just in-front of Bernael and began launching cluster missiles into the fray. The Eternal fighters took hits in surprise, the Clawcraft anticipating it and then diving down upon the fighters that had been targeting the AT-ATs.

Every flaming wreck impacted the Stormtroopers and Skytroopers fighting below, wreaking terrible casualties.

Whoever was commanding Starkiller had layered their response well.

Nevet mentally chuckled. The defenses were good but that didn’t matter one whit, he was past the defenses and soon would have them in his palm. Directing a thought to Lana and Theron again, ’Reduce the ferocity of operations, only enough action to harass the forces left. Let them believe that we are regrouping, while I infiltrate the base. I don’t need my forces completely used up now. They have done...Ahhhh...enough.’ The sigh that came as he sent the thought was when the wall all but collapsed between he and his power.

He moved silently, unseen, unheard, unsensed, until he entered the compound, listening to the chaos outside slowly reduce. Now it was time to find the command center of the moon and take it from his foe.

The AI's complied, withdrawing most of their force but keeping enough behind - and all the fighters - to make sure the enemy could not follow. An AT-AT exploded at last, sagging to the ground in the path of a second, which dutifully tripped over it.

The barracks and corridors were a bustle of activity, but also danger.

The wall, it wasn't gone.

Not yet.

He needed something more.

It was... hardening, as if the longer he was away his power, the further away it was.

Even though the barrier had shrank, and parts of it fell away, curiously.

The wound was working hard to weaken him.

Indeed, it seemed to pulse with a life of its own...

There was a clatter of boots, but it was techs and officers, not troopers; the majority had been deployed to the frontline, clearly. The way tapered, and more important functions were evident; he was nearing the command center.

There was a single heavy clank of noise, however, and the threat redoubled around those footsteps.

A female voice sounded out, metallic, behind a mask.

"I've never hunted an Anzati before..."

Nevet pressed himself into an alcove, for a moment. Reaching out mentally, he touched the wound, ’Most stupid of symbiotes, if you refuse to allow me access to my power then you will never feed again, oh, by the way, say hello to your opposite number.’ he told it as he pulled Ike’s wound in front of the one Arb gave him. He then sent out his hunger, it wasn’t his deepest hunger as his Wound was truly stupid in keeping him from his power but it flowed through the building, directed away from the entrance to the command bunker.

That little done, he ghosted through the hall, until he could have a better view of the mechanical but female foe that was thinking she could hunt one of his kind.

The Wound was sentient, yes it was, both of them were, actually.

We want it for ourselves, your power. Not for you.

One said.

The other sniffed.

Made we were, from sins long gone; betrayals deep. What threat are you to us?

The clank and the woman came into view.

[​IMG]

She was staring straight at him, and, for the moment, he had minimal Force powers.

Nevet threw back his head and laughed. It was often said that if you had one problem it truly was a problem but if you had many they often solved themselves. ’What threat am I? What threat am I? Let me see, you have not noticed that I have tied you irreversibly to me. Which means that if I die you will never again have access to any power. So keeping me from mine will kill you too. And, if you haven’t noticed, there is a large woman with a beskar spear standing right before us ready to kill me now. Should I ask her to do so?’

His head fell forward, his jet black eyes shining as he let his natural camouflage drop. ”You must be Phasma. I recently was...given...some guests who seem to think they are brilliant little symbiotes. But, I think I’d rather let you turn me into a pincushion than let them have their way. So, have at it.” He paused, smiling darkly, ”Unless you two would rather change your minds?”

"Force using scum," Phasma said. The woman had much the same story as she did in the First Order, a timeline away; picked up by surviving Imperials on Parnassos, and raising up the ranks. But under Thrawn, she'd had to bide her time for longer - he did not brook waste, but he did approve of efficiency. She had effectively kept herself off the radar of the wider Admiralty and became a Captain of the reconstituted 501st.

It was her strategies that were stymying his army.

The voids were arguing, squabbling, in the voices of Arb and Ike.

They were their wounds.

Phasma didn't give him a chance to reply, pulling a sharp looking blaster and opening fire immediately.

Nevet didn’t need to reply, he simply moved, letting the blaster bolts strike him, but only in spots that he allowed, close to but not fatal or debilitating wounds, not yet. He began to cough up black blood, just to add to the evidence that the very angry woman before him stood a chance of killing him. ’Time’s running out for you both, choose before I win, either way, in death, taking you both with me.’

Phasma approached, twirling the beskar spear.

He's trying to bait us into giving him back his power.

I thought he was better than a tin-bit chromium Stormtrooper.

Do you think we're stupid? You're an Anzati. Be one.

Phasma hefted the spear and prepared to throw it -

Nevet laughed and sighed at the same time. ”Can’t get any good help these days, can you?” he said, sarcastically to Phasma. His power was low but it didn’t matter, he was what he was. Sighing once more, ’Anzati I am but it doesn’t mean that I care whether I live or die, if dying means destroying you both.’

He watched Phasma closely, both her body and the spear, knowing he could avoid it and take it from her to use but also waiting for his ‘guests’ to do more than act like an old married couple that doesn’t understand their end was here.

The voids snorted.

Perhaps we want you dead? Arb sneered.

I mean I saw you get decapitated by Tobias.

Arb glanced at Ike. You what? What about my Darkness?

Went straight into him.

Sithspit.
    Arb huffed. Fine, have a bit.

The Force returned to Bernael as Phasma lobbed the beskar spear, aiming for his throat -

The Force returned, just when it could only cause Nevet to pause, to miss the spear coming right at his throat. So he ignored it for the moment. He seemed to blur for a moment, stepping a half step to the side as he spun, snagging the spear from the air. Spinning, the spear twirling behind him, he returned to facing Phasma, the tip pointed directly at her. He blurred slightly again as he stepped forward, faster than a human could react, speartip thrusting toward Phasma’s guts.

The Force power that Arb so reluctantly lent him, Never used, just not as the two Wounds expected. With it he locked them fully into his mind, tied them to him that they couldn’t escape without his will allowing it. A mocking laugh echoed within his mind, ’You wish to be tied to me, now you are, for good. You two have been nuisances for eons and now the only way to exert your will is if I allow.’ he thought as he aimed the tip of the spear between the plates of Phasma’s belly armor as he thrust.

While the wounds cried out in treachery, Phasma was unimpeded by distractions and she deflected the tip of the spear with her gauntlet - which was also beskar.

She’d had an upgrade.

A small but powerful blaster appeared in her hand and she opened fire as the spear clattered to the floor but her feet -

She advanced as she went -

Truly she was a mistress of violence -

Now that the Wounds were sulking at his move, Nevet was free to use the power they’d relinquished already to fight. He sped up even more, spinning around Phasma, taking a bolt to his side, a chunk of flesh blasting free. And that was when what he’d been doing in the Force she finally noticed, as one hand grabbed the wrist of her armor, the other on her back, the heat felt even through the beskar. He’d raised the temperature to an enormous level just outside his palms, trying to protect his hands as he did, although he felt the pain as he touched the metal that was now overheating.

Her armor creaked, deforming with the heat, as he wrenched her arm backward, a toothy smile as he heard the crack of her joint in the socket of her shoulder. And then he spun again, flinging her in a circle before throwing her with as much force as her weight, inertia, and his power could give, the outer layer of skin ripping from his palms as it stuck to the superheated metal. He picked up the spear, throwing it with as much power as he had, right at where he’d deformed the beskar on her back, by her ribs.

Phasma dropped to one knee, pained, incredibly so.

She threw off her helmet, spitting blood.

The woman was impaled, stuck in the ground.

Phasma reached for the spear, trying to pull herself from it. She was succeeding, pained, but pinned.

She raged at the Anzati, cursing in a hundred languages.

But for that moment, she was exposed.

Nevet stepped closer, his black eyes glittering. He didn’t bother monologuing, he simply slipped his talons free in one burned, semi melted hand, and thrust the razor sharp claws into her throat. As soon as his fingers sunk into her flesh he let loose a stream of lightning, directing it all through her body, a dark chuckle as he watched her eyes light in pain before he ripped his hand back out, ripping her soul free from her body at the same time.

He stepped back, letting the body slump over the spear, letting her incredible life energy, incredible for a non Force user, suffuse him and heal some of the minor injuries, reduce the pain of others, before he turned his gaze down the corridor once more, ’Time to finish this.’

TAGS: @Sinrebirth, @HanSolo29, @JediMasterAnne, @Jerjerrod-Lennox, @galactic-vagabond422, @TheSilentInfluence, @galactic-vagabond422, @darthhelinith, @CosmoHender, @Shadowsun (Mentioned), @Adalia-Durron, @Narancia, @Mitth_Fisto, @TheAdmiral

24. JediMasterAnne

JediMasterAnne Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 24, 2004
    OOC: Combos w/ Sinre

IC: Senator Nola Deidder, Vice-Chancellor Triebakk, and Del

Triebakk's office, Star Home

Unfortunately, Nola was unable to come up with a plan to ditch the guards before they reached Triebakk's office, and the Vice-Chancellor was naturally, instantly, suspicious.

She stepped closer to Triebakk's desk, in front of the MPs. "The Chancellor gave orders for you to be taken into custody."

As she spoke, she typed on her datapad, doing her best to mask her movements from the guards. She turned the pad so Triebakk could see (but hopefully not the guards):

Help get rid of MPs, I'll explain.

Eying the datapad absently, Triebakk rumbled under his breath.

Not likely.

He grabbed the nearest NR guard and smacked him into the wall -

"Oh boy," shouted Del, and his hand whipped around, catching an officer in the neck in a precise attack -

The other two reached for their pistols -

Nola quickly drew her blaster, turning it on the nearest guard and firing--

The guard crashed to the ground around his wound -

The other swung his blaster around, smacking her in the side of the head and turning to shoot at Del, who had expertly trapped his opponent while they were choking in a headlock. The guard tried to break free, but was losing consciousness, just not quick enough for Del to see the blaster -

Triebakk roared and slapped the weapon away, not a moment before it shot him -

The weapon went clattering to the ground but Triebakk moaned in pain -

Nola was momentarily dazed when one guard atruck her, but once her head cleared again, she mentally swore upon seeing Triebakk had been shot.

She shot at the last guard, just to be sure--Del had pretty much choked him out, then rushed to help Triebakk.

The guards were all dead, and Del twisted the neck of his to be sure. He paid the noise no heed; he had been a bodyguard for many years and sometimes it had to be done.

Triebakk was standing, and he looked down at the wound in his side. He yipped a noise. I'm fine, but unless someone explains what's going on right now I shall begin to rip off arms.

Relieved, Nola wasted no time. "Doman knows Winter was here speaking with you, she's paranoid that Feyna is about to lauch a coup against her.

"She was hiding the Hapan plot from her, and she was just in contact with the Ducha in charge. There's more..." Nola went on, detailing Doman's admission of the other things she'd concealed: the attack on Nouane, how Doman had manipulated the Eternal Empire and the Empire of the Hand against each other...

"She's sent another squad of MPs to arrest Feyna, Winter, and Isolder."

Triebakk released a huff. He explained that he had offered the Wookiee Home Fleet to Feyna, but he couldn't raise her anymore. He held up his comlink. He was jammed.

Del checked his. "I'm still live."

The Wookiee's eyes lit up. He asked her which Ducha it was that was behind the coup.

"She never said her name, that I heard--it wasn't AlGray, who's the other big one? Galney, I think?"

Triebakk sat forward, produced a datapad. He showed her an image of Ducha Galney.

Her?

Del's eyes widened.

The Wookiee's eyes were hard; angry.

Nola nodded. "Yes, her.

"She said she had support from the Confederation, as well," she remembered.

Triebakk nodded. I'm sure.

He held out a hand for Nola's comlink.

Before Doman jams yours too, please.

Del for his part had poked his head out of the office door; he was going to keep an eye out.

Nola handed over her comlink, wondering what Triebakk's plan was.

The Wookiee opened a channel to Kashyyyk. The Queen Mother’s foe has been named. To the holdings of Ducha Galney, you should go.

There was a roar; a war cry, and then the line silenced.

Triebakk looked at Nola.

Now we shall confront the Chancellor once and for all.

Del peeked back in. “Coast is clear."

Nola swallowed, then nodded. "Let's go, then."

She turned back to Triebakk, glancing at the comlink curiously. "That was the Kashyyyk Home fleet, wasn't it?"

Triebakk nodded. Enough is enough.

Del grinned. "Let's go and get ourselves a Chancellor."

Nola checked her blaster--hopefully she wouldn't need it again, but just in case--and started to head out.

Just before she went out into the corridor, she had another rush of recollection. "I think Winter probably told you about the assassination attempt against Feyna--I know they thought it was Palpatine, but Beruss said that the Hapan nobles were behind that, too. And the bounty hunter was a clone, not the actual Aurra Sing."

Nola's tone became cynical. "Doman told Feyna she'd have a word with the Senators from the cloning worlds, but I think we all know she won't."

With everything that was going on, it was hard keeping track of all the information she needed to relay.

-------------------------

IC: Feyna, Lady Galney, Isolder, Winter, and Kalen
    Aboard the Star Home

Feyna frowned at the door; she wasn't convinced that Doman was really interested in a thorough investigation, and considering that Triebakk had offered the Kashyyyk Home fleet to assist her, she took the rest with more than a little cynicism.

She handed Galney the blaster. "Try to get yourself out if you can. If not, we'll try to come back for you when it's safe." She was being optimistic; she didn't expect to see Galney again. She hoped that the police wouldn't hurt her more than she'd already been, but there was no telling what they might do once they realized that Feyna and the others had fled. She gave the woman a careful hug, avoiding her injuries. "Thank you."

Isolder had his comlink out, but he looked unsure of who to call. "Let's just get out first, then we'll figure out who we can still talk to," she said softly, heading over to the kids, grabbing some of their things in the process. "Come on, you two, we have to go." Her tone was calm but firm.

Galney hugged the Queen Mother back, tentatively. Winter had moved over a chair, and Galney sat, readying the blaster. "Good luck, my Queen."

She slowly, pained, crossed her legs to conceal her hip wound and appear disinterested, the blaster subtly beneath her hand.

The children, for their part, were grumpy that their shows had been cancelled, but they knew when their Mother was using her authority, and they did as they were told. Isolder ferried them, pressing a button to open a way that was more the size of their children than them. He pulled a face, but crouched and began to lead them, making sure the family was behind them, and leaving Feyna to shut the door behind them.

The door knocked again, and Galney spoke loudly, calmly. "The Queen Mother is indisposed with her husband, how may I help?"

Isolder chuckled slightly, but quietly. For his part, Kalen thought this was great. And then -

"I forgot my picture!"

Feyna had already closed the hatch behind her, and quickly stuck out her arm to stop her child going back. "We can't go back for it, sweetie, it"s not safe."

She put a finger to her lips in a 'shush' gesture and prodded them further into the passage.

Kalen complied with a sigh that belonged to an adult, and Isolder led them along.

The door was closed, so they couldn't hear the room behind them -

But they weren't a handful of steps away before there was the distinct noise of blaster fire, suddenly.

Kalen craned his neck to look back at his mother. "What was that?"

Feyna flinched at the sound, but swallowed and pressed on. "Don't be scared, just keep going."

Kalen was distracted by Isolder opening a door to a room over, and let it go. Isolder moved them out, and helped Feyna up. "We need to keep going," Winter said, who had been just behind the Prince. "We should probably split up though."

Isolder nodded. "Someone needs to stay with the children while we rally the Guards to take back the ship." The room was a kind of library, and he stepped over to a box for datapads. The History of Corvis Minor was on the side of it.

"Which means we have to decide if we're taking down Doman."

Kalen sighed again. "Adult stuff."

Winter pulled a face at him. "Important stuff."

Isolder drew from the box a trio of datapads while Winter checked the comms. They had been jammed. She crushed the comlink under her boot. "In-case they track us."

The Prince handed over the 'pads. "The secondary maps for the Secret Way, Feyna. There is a safe room, and of course ways to the outer parts of the Palace where the Senate is."

He held the box out to Feyna. Inside were a pair of small blasters. Feyna would recognise the design as one with very few shots; five at most. Isolder smirked slightly. "Nobody would ever look up Corvis Minor, trust me."

Winter held their youngest, who had asked to be picked up. "I can take the children to the safe room."

"No Dad? No Mum?" Kalen said, worried.

Isolder's heart caught his throat. They were going into danger. They might not see the children ever again - but it made sense for one member of the Royal Family to stay back. Winter looked pained, as the decision they had to make was not one they could afford to tarry on.

Feyna bit her lip, not sure she liked where this was going; surely Isolder was not implying thay they actually kill Doman...

And as to rallying the Hapan guards, Feyna had been quite literal when she'd said she didn't trust anyone outside their little group--their guards might well be in on the plot as well.

And the idea of separating from the kids...the 'what-if's' going through her head scared her to death, more than the thought of anything Doman might do to her.

But the children wouldn't be safe if they didn't stop Doman, stop this coup.

Feyna swallowed back the tightness in her throat, hugging both of her children, kissing them each on their cheeks. "Just for a little bit," she reassured them, hoping with everything that it would be true. "Do as Winter says, she'll keep you safe.

"I love you both."

She hugged Winter, too. "Look after them, we'll come find you as soon as we can."

Winter hugged her, one armed. "You be careful, Feyna."

Kalen looked worried, finally catching on. "Is everything alright?"

Focused on the task at hand, Isolder checked the charge on his holdout blaster surreptitiously, so his son could not see. "I know a way to Doman's room. If we can at least talk to her, maybe that'll be enough."

"Mummy? Daddy?" Kalen's eyes began to water.

Feyna nodded to Isolder, tucking the other blaster into her pocket. "What about Triebakk's room, do we want to try him first? He did offer help..." And she'd feel a little better going to Doman with a little more backup.

Kalen was getting scared; Feyna couldn't blame him, and it tore her apart. She knelt down to hug him again. "It's going to be okay, honey."

Kalen held her tight.

Isolder knelt down too.

"Mum and Dad promise, alright?"

Winter's face was utter stoicism; she couldn't afford to get upset. "Come on Kalen, let's get to the room. There will be plenty there to keep you busy, and Mum and Dad will be back soon. On our way, we'll grab a book or two, find some more stationary and flimsi paper, yeah?"

She held out her free hand.

Kalen nodded, tears streaming down his cheeks.

"I'll do my best, Mummy, Daddy."

"Be a brave boy, okay?" Feyna kissed Kalen's head once more as she got to her feet. She reached for Isolder for comfort and strength, but she couldn't let her children see her upset.

"It'll be all right, and we'll be back soon."

The children let Winter gently guide them away, and Isolder held Feyna close for a moment.

"I'm sorry, Fey."

He kissed her forehead. "I can lead us to Triebakk or to Doman; your choice - but we may have to take Doman into custody now. She's lost it, if she's working with coups and arresting us."

Feyna pulled herself together as Winter headed off with the kids--They'll be fine. Winter was one of two people Feyna trusted most in the galaxy, she'd look after the children just fine.

Taking her blaster back out, Feyna checked the charge. She was nervous about going straight to Doman, that attempting to detain her themselves would just reinforce the Chancellor's fears of a coup--but that was probably going to happen no matter who else they got behind them.

"Let's just head for Doman; I don't know if she's going to listen to us, though, and if things don't go our way..." She'd like to avoid violence in this situation.

She glanced back the way they'd come. "I'm guessing Galney is either dead or captured," she added, regretfully. "If the police report back to Doman that we gave them the slip---"

She wasn't even sure how to finish that sentence--what would Doman do?

Isolder nodded. “We can’t do anything about that. All we can do is deal with Doman directly. Either we deal with her now, or we deal with Doman and the coup.”

He held her, kissed her.

“You faced off against a Yuuzhan Vong before we even knew what they were. We can handle a single power-crazed Corellian.

"I love you, Fey."

Feyna hugged him, kissed him back. The pep talk helped. "I love you, too."

She looked to the maps on the datapad, getting her bearings. "Lead the way."

Isolder nodded. "This way, Queen Mother."

He settled himself in.

They would have this coup - both of them, it seemed, dealt with, and they would be reunited with their family he promised.

Feyna nodded back, took his hand, and followed.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2021
  25. darthbernael

Apr 15, 2019
    IC Xundel
    Bonadon, Time to take Ship

Xundel stayed silent as Kyp and Adalia spoke, he could feel that an interruption would disrupt what she was doing. ”The Balance means having those in between, light siders, and dark siders working together. If you feel you cannot touch the dark without problems then I wouldn’t ask you to do so.” He glanced at Adalia, ”Besides, I have a feeling she’d beat you into submission if she thought you were going really dark.” he told them after Kyp spoke to him, before turning back to Ship.

He stepped closer, his three fingered hand pressing against the side of the hull. He could feel the skin of the sphere ripple, like a living skin as he did so. His mind pressed firmly against the bond between Palpatine and Ship, ’The Dark Man, Chosen you say. Then why did he send you out here to be sacrificed? Why did he choose to use up such a valuable being for no reason?’ he thought to it.

TAGS: @Sinrebirth, @HanSolo29, @JediMasterAnne, @Jerjerrod-Lennox, @galactic-vagabond422, @TheSilentInfluence, @galactic-vagabond422, @darthhelinith, @CosmoHender, @Shadowsun, @Adalia-Durron, @Narancia, @Mitth_Fisto, @TheAdmiral

Sinrebirth likes this.