main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Saga - ST Beyond the Saga Star Wars: Episode X: Duel of the Fates

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Sinrebirth , Oct 12, 2021.

1. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Title: Star Wars: Episode X: Duel of the Fates
    Author: Sinrebirth, with input of @CosmoHender, @Jerjerrod-Lennox, @darthbernael, @HanSolo29, @TheSilentInfluence, @Shadowsun, @Mitth_Fisto, @The Jedi in the Pumas, @galactic-vagabond422, @Kurisan
    Timeframe: Nine years after Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker, more than a decade since Crucible
    Characters: Rey Skywalker, Kylo Ren, Armitage Hux, Kaydel Ko Connix, Poe Dameron, Rose Tico, Finn, Syal Antilles, Barriss Ofee, Vicrul, Johnson (OC), Xundel (OC), Aryan Graul (OC), Eleanor Magnus (OC), Tirran Huxley (OC), Dol Khan (OC), Rhoen Aquilla (OC), Nomi Da-Boda (OC), Lin (OC)
    Genre: Space Opera
    Note: Adaption of the RP of the same name, itself an adaption of the original Episode IX script
    Summary: The Star Wars Saga continues!

Last edited: Oct 12, 2021
  2. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Prologue I

During Star Wars: Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker

The blaster bolt slammed into his chest.

He felt his feet almost lifted off the floor as he flew back, slammed into the decking, sliding between the rows of troops with a squeal of fabric as he went. His cane remained in his hand, such was his surprise.

It was strange, what one paid attention to when one was shot.

It didn't hurt as much as he had expected, but then again, it wouldn't, would it?

His leg wound? Now that had hurt. After all, he hadn't any body-armour over that.

Did Pryde really really think he would turn up with such a feeble excuse? He was basically telegraphing what he had done, aiding the scum in their escape from the Steadfast and lamely turning up like a wounded vornskr.

Others came and collected him, ferrying him from the bridge, and he feigned unconsciousness for the time being, just about forgetting to drop the cane. It was efficient, at least, he wryly thought.

But it would be, wouldn't it? These were his troops. His program, enforced by Captain's Phasma and Cardinal, had moulded thousands of children into First Order Stormtroopers. Yes, his influence had been reduced in the past year since Supreme Leader Snoke had died... but it would never be entirely undone. He still had many men and women who had no inkling of how he was derided among High Command, and so followed his orders to the letter.

In short order, he'd be ferried from the Steadfast, and he would resume his command of his troops...

If he was lucky, Pryde, Kylo Ren, Palpatine... the whole lot of them, they would be undone and he would rule.

Chancellor Hux.

It had a nice ring to it.

[​IMG]

3. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Prologue II

During Star Wars: Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker

"I know what I have to do," Ben Solo admitted, his voice tremulous, his face wet from the Kef Bir rain; hair pressed to his brow. "But I don't know if I have the strength to do it.

Han raised his hand to Ben's cheek. Ben remembered it exactly. Rey had been right; he hadn't been able to shake the memory of the warmth of his father's palm, the calluses at his fingertips, the acceptance in his eyes.

[​IMG]

You do," his father said.

Han Solo still believed in him. So had his mother. So had Rey.

Ben raised the handle of his lightsaber, just like he had on Starkiller Base, the last time he'd seen his father. Except this time...

"Dad...?" he said, suddenly small. Vulnerable. Right.

Han Solo smiled. "I know."

Ben turned, and launched the lightsaber into the air. It sailed in a high arc, far above the wreckage, and disappeared into a haze of ocean spray.

When he turned back, the memory of his father was gone, and Ben Solo was alone in the middle of the sea.

He knew what he had to do. Somehow, he would find the strength to do it.

Kylo Ren was dead.

As he turned aside, he didn't see that a hand caught the lightsaber hilt.

None of them did.

Tay Neir and HanSolo29 like this.
  4. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004