main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Comics A/V Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order – Dark Temple (Marvel 5-issue miniseries)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by bsmith7174, Jun 11, 2019.

1. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Chosen One star 6

Jun 12, 2011

Last edited: Sep 3, 2019
    Darth Corydon and Wrinty like this.
  2. Crimson_Guard975

Crimson_Guard975 Jedi Master star 1

Sep 17, 2014
    I don't think Atty is supposed to be anyone special. There's always been some friction between regular stormtroopers and Death Troopers, Crimson Guard, etc.

The Purge Troopers were the final batch of Mandalorian clones, the babies of the bunch, if you will. The older clones might resent them for that on some level.

Interceptors were seen in Rebels. The Second Sister probably flies a prototype. The modern Canon says they're cheaper to mass produce than the Advanced x1, so that's why we see them earlier than we did in Legends. I'll wager further there's sort of an in media res thing going on here, the opening battle with the Second Sister and the Stormtroopers is Master Eno's last stand shortly before the events of Fallen Order, with the main story set during the Clone Wars and having a "how we got here" vibe.

3. Wrinty

Wrinty Jedi Grand Master star 3

Apr 8, 2007
    I re-read Defenders of the lost temple in preparation for this (a story about a jedi and her padawan exploring a lost jedi temple) in preparation for this, I would highly recommend it.

Anyways, about this first issue, it all the hallmarks of PT Star Wars: politics, the Jedi council, and an unruly padawan. :D

Deliveranze likes this.
  4. Vorax

Vorax Force Ghost star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Was a boring first issue aside for the first couple of opening pages with the 2nd Sister and Stormies.

5. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Well it's notable for one thing- Yarael Poof finally gets to talk in canon.

OrganicMeatbag likes this.
  6. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016
    I still think it is just an art mistake and should actually be an Eta-2 Actis Interceptor like Vader's.

7. Coherent Axe

Coherent Axe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2016
    There's a Jedi Councilor depicted with a breath mask. Poli Dapatian from Master & Apprentice was described as having a breath mask. Matt Martin just confirmed the connection on Twitter, and it also means the flashback segments are taking place on or prior to 40 BBY.

8. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Oh okay. I haven't read M&A, so I thought it was supposed to be Plo Koon and it was just an artistic mistake, but that works better.

9. OrganicMeatbag

OrganicMeatbag Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 1, 2019
    The opening was really strong, but I wouldn't consider the rest of the issue boring. Pre-TPM content is always interesting to me cause there's barely any to begin with. It's nice seeing the Jedi (try to) act as actual peacekeepers every once in a while. I also really liked the artwork. It was nothing crazy, but it was just something I noticed. Looking forward to the next issue.

10. Crimson_Guard975

Sep 17, 2014
    So the main bulk of the story was about 7 or 8 years before TPM? Interesting. So was the Jedi fighting the Imperials in the opening Cal or Eno? (Preview pages showed a blue saber, Cere has a green one)

11. Coherent Axe

Dec 20, 2016
    It's at least 8 years before, I'd say, as Poli Dapatian is retiring 8 years before in Master & Apprentice. So it's likely earlier, as Jocasta Nu's on the High Council too, and wasn't in M&A.

As for the Jedi in the framing story, we don't know yet.

12. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    Which Council members specifically appear in this book besides Dapatian and Poof?

13. Coherent Axe

Dec 20, 2016
    You mean this comic? Yoda, Mace, Jocasta, and what looks to be Eeth Koth.

14. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    Thanks. Was just curious how this would affect my one canon council.
    I don't have a comic book place near my college so unless someone puts it online I don't have access.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2019
  15. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    I really like Cordova. He's such a classic chill, wise Jedi. Hope he's not dead already.

Also, I feel like that's not Jocasta on the council unless she was drawn poorly - it doesn't really look like her aside from the hairstyle.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2019
    OrganicMeatbag and chrcharcor2 like this.
  16. Coherent Axe

Dec 20, 2016
    I get artistic license and all, but I think it's certainly meant to resemble her. The sticks in her hair, the patterns on her tunic, and we know she was on the Council at some point pre-TPM, so the fact that they've observed continuity with Poli very likely means they're doing the same here.

17. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016
    Ive seen much worse likenesses in star wars comics.

OrganicMeatbag, DarkEagle and Wrinty like this.
  18. Crimson_Guard975

Sep 17, 2014
    He's not. The solicit for issue #4:

Jedi Knight ENO CORDOVA must risk his life to uncover the secrets of the Dark Temple on Ontotho...while the fearsome Ontothon army approaches! Can Padawan CERE JUNDA alone stop them from taking the temple for themselves? And who are the deadly TEMPLE GUARDIANS and what are they protecting?

My theory: That's Eno fighting the Imperials in the prologue. Cere passes the trials and becomes a Knight, and Cal becomes Eno's next Padawan. They have to split up because of Order 66, so Eno goes back to Ontotho for whatever reason. Cal was supposed to rendezvous with the Guardians of the Whills, but was waylaid by an ambush, so he ends up on Bracca. Eno is killed by the Second Sister (if she's not Barris, she might be another of Eno's former students, giving her a connection to Cal similar to Obi-Wan and Count Dooku), and his wrecked weapon ends up in Cal hands eventually.

Ventrix likes this.
  19. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    chatty setup issue, my favourite stuff was really the glimpse of the Inquisitor at the start, but nice peek at what'll probably be a level/world in Fallen Order.

I still hear the Robot Chicken Yararel Proof in my head whenever he talks.

20. Crimson_Guard975

Sep 17, 2014
    Well, Marvel's already brought Captain Valance back into Canon with Target Vader, maybe the Second Sister is a new version of Shira Brie.

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  21. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    OMG don't say things like this. :(

22. Jedi Master Frizzy

Jedi Master Frizzy Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018

Last edited: Sep 16, 2019
  23. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    Issue #5 solicit.
    [​IMG]
    STAR WARS: JEDI FALLEN ORDER – DARK TEMPLE #5 (of 5)
    MATTHEW ROSENBERG (W)
    PAOLO VILLANELLI (A)
    Cover by WILL SLINEY
    Variant Cover by Paul Renaud
    ONE AGAINST A WORLD
    • Jedi Master Eno Cordova will have to use all his wits and training if he hopes to survive the mysteries of the Dark Temple!
    • Meanwhile Jedi Padawan Cere Junda strikes a blow in the hopes of ending the battle with the Daa Corporation’s army. But was it too late?
    • If Cordova and Junda hope to survive they’re going to need to get off Ontotho. And they can’t do that alone!
    • It all ends here! Read the shocking conclusion to the epic comic series featuring characters from the videogame STAR WARS JEDI: FALLEN ORDER.
    32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99
    Star Wars © Lucasfilm Ltd. & TM. All rights reserved. Used under authorization. Text and illustrations for Star Wars are © 2019 Lucasfilm Ltd.

24. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    Issue #2 preview.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

25. Ithorians

Ithorians Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2016
    I´m finding these small bits about the Second Sister very interesting! I liked the overall story in the first issue, and now with some development incoming, I'm hoping for an intriguing story around the Temple (being, I reckon, the element that ties the two separate storylines together)...

chrcharcor2 and Jarrus like this.