main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order + Survivor

Discussion in 'Literature' started by spicer, Jun 9, 2018.

1. vncredleader

vncredleader Force Ghost star 5

Mar 28, 2016
    I want a Rodian. They keep being shown as slimy and criminals, or fodder like that one Jedi. Would be great to see an alien that does not look human in the face
    :D I mean it is the only correct example to use for alien characters being used perfectly

my kind of scum likes this.
  2. ColeFardreamer

ColeFardreamer Force Ghost star 5

Nov 24, 2013
    The title of the game got me thinking. "Fallen Order" talks more about the Jedi Order than the hero and refers to not only the purged Order gone now, but also to the Order itself having failed. No more idealized Prequel Order (safe for few shining Jedi examples), but the hubris of the Jedi that caught up with them. Could it be our hero not only has to survive and escape the Imperial Inquisition, but in the process faces the flaws of the Order, questioning his training and believes. Especially apparent if some of his nemesis turn out to be former Jedi. They can twist or speak the truth to get him to flirt with the dark side.

Given who they cast as lead, and his knack for complicated roles and conflicted characters, especially evil ones, I'd say we are in for a treat if this happens!

Potential Dark Side Ending: He kills his nemesis and becomes an Inquisitor or Vader's canon apprentice?
    Potential Light Side Ending: Selfless sacrifice to save others? Or as all authors who cannot kill their pets... he survives in hiding and gives up being a Jedi.

Given this game is inspired by the Kyle Katarn games as well as TFU, I hope it has some neat twists as the Katarn games had. Like the you win by deactivating your blade in Mysteries of the Sith add on, or the mindf... crazyness of the Force illusions below the Yavin temple or also in the Sith Temple. We need more than the usual Force powers.

What would be unexpected and fresh (minus it had been done before in Legends youth books with Ferus Olin) would be if the hero joins the dark side willingly at some point, becomes an inquisitor but uses his position to save others/friends until found out etc.

I just hope its no random Jedi/Padawan survives story but has these cool twists and possibilities. Heck maybe even a tragic ending or something else new and unexpected.

Given its right after Order 66 and early Empire days, we might get cameos by a lot of interesting folks. Maybe Enfys Nest's mommy? Saw's early rebellion? other Jedi survivors? Failed earlier attempts at Rebellion? A Death Star prototype unfinished? Imperial Naboo?

can't wait!

PS: If they really want to go unexpected... have the characters story turn suddendly from Jedi Purge survivor on the run to Jedi survivor hiding in old temple, enters World between Worlds and here the fun begins. Tell the story how Palpatine learned of it, what portal he tried to open in Rebels on his end (Jedi Temple one given the iconography we do know), what lies hidden below the Jedi Temple on Coruscant (as per Legends but also unreleased TCW episodes cancelled for later seasons we do have concept art about and Dave's words).

3. Darth Corydon

Darth Corydon Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2018
    were all thinking she's Bariss offee so yes .

I can see how you'd mistake her lol

4. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Listening to Star Wars Underworld Podcast....They brought up a idea that if the timelines work out we could see Enfyst Nest, heck even Saw Gerrah

Darth Corydon likes this.
  5. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016
    I just noticed how much Cameron Monaghan looks like Antinnis Tremayne.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

We are Antinnis Tremayne.;p (Gotham reference)

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  7. ColeFardreamer

Nov 24, 2013

Jackpot they nailed it!!! I want that now!!!

And Tremaynes backstory we know even would fit the game premise some!

8. Blackhole E Snoke

Apr 26, 2016
    The reverse of Battlefront II. Trick everyone into thinking they will be the good jedi throughout the game only to turn bad after only the 2nd level [face_skull].

AusStig, TrandoJedi, KamNale and 5 others like this.
  9. ColeFardreamer

Nov 24, 2013
    They could even make it twisty... have Ahsoka cameo at just the right moment. Would Bariss, if rumors are true about her, turn on her? Or try to save her? And have just then our hero take Bariss place and turn the entire Inquisitor lot on her. Bariss dies redeemed to have Ahsoka escape... and our hero got himself a new job!

Cause I can't see Bariss die as darksider... fanbase would go wild. TCW already got backlash for having her turned into a terrorist.

Star Wars might need some Joker-esque character. So if this guy turns Inquisitor... imagine an Inquisitor with Joker style. Tremayne had style! But imagine his tactics being unorthodox and (cue TFU paralells) might involve risky gambits like inserting inquisitors tarned as Jedi on the run into proto Rebellions, or other such stunts, longterm plans and the like to attract the right people into a trap to finish them off.

Next he can play twisted games in Vader's castle for the next halloween event with some Jedi that "went there to die" according to Rebels. Might we learn how Luminara ended up dead? Was Bariss involved (yikes, it all adds up now!).

So.. when and where will I get Riddler and Penguin in Star Wars too please?

Last edited: May 3, 2019
  10. ColeFardreamer

Nov 24, 2013
    Didn't you mean the Knights of the Old Republic gambit with YOU the player being the Villain Revan all along? :p

11. Blackhole E Snoke

Apr 26, 2016
    It's a bit different there, you learn that you WERE the villain, you don't have to become the villain again. It would be interesting to find out how players would feel being suddenly forced to become and play as the villain.

Last edited: May 3, 2019
  12. ColeFardreamer

Nov 24, 2013
    Well I doubt Disney forces players to become evil as cool as that would be. At least not without a redemption angle end locked in!

13. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    I'm going to be bummed by anything less than a Tremayne origin story now. Thx guys.

Ithorians, kalzeth, spicer and 2 others like this.
  14. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Took me a minute too. Remember, second sister has some pretty sweet cape game.

[​IMG]
    She's the Lando of the Inquistors. (Bonus points if it's actually Lando)

Last edited: May 4, 2019
    AusStig likes this.
  15. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Force Ghost star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    Cal shouldn't fall into the dark side.

I prefer if he stays as a Jedi while alive.

Though an Inquisitor playable character would be awesome. A sequel game if the 2nd Sister survives the first? Giving us a different experience then playing a Jedi survivor.

Could go from hunting Jedi to eventually trying to leave the Empire. She should know that once the Inquisitors serve their purpose, the Sith would have no more use for them. As we the audience know the originization hasn't appeared in the OT era and Tarkin believes in ANH that Vader is last remnant of the Jedi religion.

ColeFardreamer likes this.
  16. ColeFardreamer

Nov 24, 2013

I like that.

A game where the last Inquisitors, set after Rebels tv Inquisitors demises, realise their iminent purge and go rogue? Vader coming after them? Add a twist that Palpatine wants them gone cause their loyalty to Vader is a threat to him, Vader at first hunts them down but realizing they would be his allies against Palpatine might in the end leave just one alive as secret apprentice.

Cue the third game where they try a secret coup against Palpatine which turns bad and has the apprentice on the run and Vader forced to hunt him. All this could nicely tie into other failed coups we had in other sources already.

Ventrix likes this.
  17. JediBatman

JediBatman Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2015
    I'm not sure why the possibility of Cal turning to the dark side is even on the table. Looking at past Star Wars games, other than TIE Fighter, the closest we've gotten to a villainous protagonist has been either "start off as a bad guy and then become a good guy" or "choose between a Canon Light Side ending or a Non Canon Dark Side ending". (Or sometimes, both).

18. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    We already know how Luminara died.

kalzeth and ColeFardreamer like this.
  19. Blackhole E Snoke

Apr 26, 2016
    Because of Lucasfilm's recent fetish for "subverting expectations", and because the actor seriously does look like that picture of Tremayne:p.

AusStig likes this.
  20. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    @Vialco I think Cole is referring to the story leading up to Luminara's death. We know who did it and sort of how, but not anything else. I remember a lot of people on the internet at that time assumed Barriss must have been involved (even back then it was widely speculated she was an Inquisitor). For Luminara fans, it's sort of a bum deal because Lumi was mainly used as plot device to lure the Rebels gang into a trap. She was never given a proper story.

21. Vorax

Vorax Force Ghost star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Canon had showed even heinous beings such as Vader could be redeemed or like Ventress and Vos could be redeemed/rehabilitated - in Vos' case since he went back into the Jedi Order and survived Order 66. Yoda and Kenobo were supportive of Ventress oddly since these two wanted revenge on Vader in the OT and not at all supportive of a redemption/forgiveness angle. Even Barriss could've went back into the Jedi Order. Ahsoka seemed welcomed back in the Trailer even, while Barriss is a now show even here unless its some sorta of surprise arc guest appearance. Even if this 2nd Sister is Barriss, they'd either kill her off as an evil doer or a redeemed run of the mill stock character. Its not like Yoda's was telling the truth to Luke about evil forever dominating your destiny. Heck even Maul found peace and forgiveness.

Last edited: May 5, 2019
  22. Ithorians

Ithorians Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2016
    After reading the last posts of this thread, I'm convinced that this game is the canon version of Tremayne´s induction into the Inquisitorius!! Well, I know that's not happening, haha, but Tremayne should be in there somewhere, because its such a great idea...

About the Sister, being Barriss or not, I hope she doesn't get any kind of redemption. I always got the feeling that Vader´s redemption, especially coming from someone THAT evil, is rare event. Not that it cannot happen, but if it happens often enough it would make Palpatine´s certainty of Vader loyalty to the dark side somewhat naive.

For the Second Sister, I even hope she survives the game and gets to be antagonist of a potential sequel. Looks unlikely, but must the antagonist always die? Maybe she gets whatever is in Ketsis´lightsaber but he himself escapes her, with the sequel being about getting it back?

ColeFardreamer, kalzeth and Vialco like this.
  23. Vorax

Vorax Force Ghost star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Probably at best the 2nd Sister will try and recruit the young Force sensitive in the game, but attempt to kill him if refuses. Inquisitors arent only about killing Jedi or Force sensitives which seemed lost in the Vader comic .

24. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    well I'd think in the Vader comic they were just trying to take out the surviving Jedi. Maybe their tactics changed a decade later to "Uhm, maybe we could use some of these people as well instead of just going directly to murder." Like that blind Jedi became an Inquistor too early on. Maybe him dying soured them on the idea for a few years.

25. The Positive Fan

The Positive Fan Force Ghost star 4

Jan 19, 2015
    In canon the Inquisitorius seems focused entirely on killing the Jedi and obtaining Force sensitives for Project Harvester. If there is any interest it all in trying to turn them, it is a tertiary objective at best.

BigAl6ft6, Vialco and Jedi Knight88 like this.