main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Comics Star Wars Legends Epic Collection & uncollected Dark Horse comics

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Guy-Gone_Weird, May 23, 2015.

1. Hamburger_Time

Hamburger_Time Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 13, 2010
  2. Tython Awakening

Tython Awakening Force Ghost star 4

Oct 12, 2017
    To my knowledge, they have never been collected. There was a US version of the Clone Wars Magazine that reprinted many of the UK-exclusive Titan comics (but not all). The Clone Wars Magazine ran as "The Star Wars Magazine" for some issues before it became Star Wars: Rebels Magazine. All three versions have had exclusive comics that have never been collected.

*****There appears to be foreign language collections of the Rebels Magazine Comics. They are published by Delcourt and are for sale on comixology.

[​IMG]

This is what covers looked like for the U.S. versions:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 29, 2018
  3. callmesteam

callmesteam Jedi Knight

Sep 15, 2014
    Star Wars Legends Epic Collection: The Empire Vol. 5

Description: Artoo and Threepio steal the spotlight! Even before joining the rebellion, everyone's favorite droids had plenty of exciting adventures. With the Empire on the march, the squabbling duo fi nd themselves right in the middle of trouble in the Kalarba system - but is Corellian rogue Jace Forno friend or foe? On the smuggler planet of Nar Shaddaa, con artist Olag Greck has a brush with the law - the newly deputized droids! Then, with a new Ithorian master to follow, Artoo is laid low by a computer virus! And thrill to planet-saving action co-written by C-3PO actor Anthony Daniels! Plus, pirates, bounty hunters, rock monsters - and Artoo's day out!

COLLECTING: STAR WARS: DROIDS (1994) 1-6, SPECIAL; STAR WARS: DROIDS (1995) 1-8; STAR WARS: THE PROTOCOL OFFENSIVE 1; MATERIAL FROM STAR WARS GALAXY MAGAZINE 1; STAR WARS TALES 16, 20

4. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
  5. DarthJaceus

DarthJaceus Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 6, 2016
    Yes! Yes! Yes! Great news! Artoo's Day Out as well! Sweet?

Does anybody remember if The Mixed-Up Droid or the Marvel/Star Comics Droids series have been collected yet?

Tython Awakening likes this.
  6. JediFett10

JediFett10 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 8, 2008
    So... does it feature the story "Droids: Rebellion"?

7. Tython Awakening

Oct 12, 2017

Issues 1-4 of Droids (1995) have Rebellion. Issues 5-8 have Season of Revolt.

The Marvel Star Comics have definitely been collected into a hardback Omnibus with the Ewok Star Comics. It's not part of the Epic Collections series but it's affordable to find on-line.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

The Mixed-Up Droid is in Wild Space Vol. 1 Omnibus from Dark Horse. It should be collected with the Dark Horse droids material since the goal is to collect everything together in a single book. Someone should write to one of the editors for the Epic Collections so it's not overlooked.

[​IMG]

It should also have the Droids comic strip short from the Apple Jacks Cereal Box. I still have the original that I cut out back in the day. The comic ran on the back of Apple Jacks Cereal Boxes (1 page only). Wild Space Vol. 1 Omnibus also has this one-pager as the final comic short towards the back. The Wild Space Vol. 1 Comixology digital version has omitted this one-page comic.

[​IMG]

If Marvel doesn't or can't reprint these, Wild Space Vol. 1 Omnibus (2013) will be the only place to find them collected. ​

tatooinesandworm and DarthJaceus like this.
  8. JediFett10

JediFett10 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 8, 2008
    Excellent, that's on my to buy list for sure!!

9. DarthJaceus

Dec 6, 2016
    @Tython Awakening I already have the Ewoks/Droids Omnibus, but even then I still think both series, The Mixed Up Droid, and the Applejacks Strip should be collected in the Epic Collections for the sake of completion.

10. DarthJaceus

Dec 6, 2016
    Double Post, my apologies. Computer glitched out

Last edited: Oct 31, 2018
  11. Tython Awakening

Oct 12, 2017
    I agree as well. Marvel might overlook the Droids Apple Jacks one-page featurette. I'm surprised it is not in the Marvel digital version of Wild Space Vol. 1 that is on comixology. Hopefully Marvel knows it needs to include the Mixed-Up Droid mini comic.

EDIT: The Apple Jacks 1-Page Featurette should be included as well for the sake of providing everything.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2018
    DarthJaceus likes this.
  12. callmesteam

callmesteam Jedi Knight

Sep 15, 2014
    Star Wars Legends Epic Collection: The Rebellion Vol. 3

By: Louise Simonson, Ron Marz, Thomas Andrews, Scott Allie, June Brigman, Adriana Melo, Joe Corroney, Michel Lacombe
    On Sale: June 4, 2019
    Format: TRADE PAPERBACK
    Price: $39.99 ($52.00 In Canada)
    Pages: 488

Description: Rebel heroes and Imperial enemies! When Emperor Palpatine sends a spy to a distant planet, will Princess Leia fi nd the enemy within - or drown in a river of chaos? Boba Fett takes on an impossible mission - and Luke Skywalker's newest assignment is no easier! Meanwhile, Darth Vader plans to teach the raptor-like inhabitants of Tiss'sharl a lesson in the use of force! And as Vader closes in on the rebel fleet, the only thing that can save the Alliance is one model offi cer! But is Imperial Lieutenant Janek Sunber on the wrong side of the war? Plus, a trio of classic Star Wars rarities explore havoc on Hoth - and the dark side of Dantooine!

COLLECTING: STAR WARS: RIVER OF CHAOS 1-4, STAR WARS: EMPIRE 28-40, STAR WARS 3-D 1-3

I'd guess Star Wars 3-D will be the same black and white non 3-D version published by Dark Horse in the Wild Space Omnibus? Would be interesting to see the original versions.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2018
  13. DarthJaceus

Dec 6, 2016
    River of Chaos and Star Wars 3D both getting collected? Sign me up, that's awesome.

14. Tython Awakening

Oct 12, 2017
    I'm happy to see a publisher put a context to the events in River of Chaos and Star Wars 3D, no matter if the fit is a bit odd. Empire 28-40 should be decent. Luke and Leia can have all sorts of tales and legends told about them.

DarthJaceus likes this.
  15. iPodwithnomusic

iPodwithnomusic Jedi Master star 3

Nov 23, 2012
    Any ideas where / if the Tag & Bink will be collected? They probably could have worked in the Infinities epic but there wasn't enough space.

16. Tython Awakening

Oct 12, 2017
    The hint is that the Tag and Bink stories were collected previously in Wild Space Vol. 2 Omnibus with titles like Sergio Argones Stomps SW, SW Podracing Tales, SW: This Crumb for Hire, SW: Visionaries, and Jabba the Hutt Comics. I generally consider these titles to fall in the humorous category, except Visionaries.

Marvel also published a reprint over-sized comic in 2018 of the Tag and Bink stories to promote Han Solo: A SW Story:

Collects Star Wars: Tag & Bink Are Dead #1-2, Star Wars: Tag & Bink II #1-2 And Material From Star Wars Tales #12.

They're the most important Star Wars characters you never knew existed — until now! Tag Greenley and Bink Otauna were on Leia's ship carrying the Death Star plans — when Darth Vader changed their lives forever! But as their true roles in this epic saga are revealed, whose side are Tag and Bink on, anyway? The hapless duo's fateful adventures will take them all the way from Tatooine to Cloud City to Endor — and bring them face-to-face with Lando Calrissian, Boba Fett and more! But every great tale has a prequel — so what were Tag and Bink up to when the Clone Wars began? Prepare to discover their uncanny origin! We have a bad feeling about this!

[​IMG]

Some of these comics have now been collected in other Epic Collections volumes like The Empire Vol. 4:

Star Wars Legends Epic Collection: The Empire Vol. 4

Collects Star Wars: Darth Vader And The Cry Of Shadows #1-5; Star Wars: Jabba The Hutt — The Gaar Suppoon Hit, The Hunger Of Princess Nampi, The Dynasty Trap And Betrayal; And Star Wars: Boba Fett — Enemy Of The Empire #1-4 — Plus Material From Star Wars Tales #7, #11-12, #15 And #18-20; Star Wars Visionaries Ogn; Dark Horse Presents Annual '99; And Free Comic Book Day 2012: Star Wars.

Bring on the bad guys! A former trooper, left for dead during the Clone Wars, hears word of a new, great warrior worthy of following: Darth Vader! But can he prove himself to the Dark Lord as a stormtrooper? Jabba the Hutt steals the spotlight in four stories of bartering, backstabbing and betrayal! And when Vader hires Boba Fett for an important job, will the bounty hunter end up an enemy of the Empire? Plus: Young Luke Skywalker goes on a walkabout, Han Solo and Chewbacca have a falling out, and more!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 18, 2018
    iPodwithnomusic likes this.
  17. Dr. Steve Brule

Dr. Steve Brule Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 7, 2012
    I feel like it was a missed opportunity not to do a new Tag and Bink comic that explains how they went from their old comic backstories to their new ones of being guards on Carida.

lordpixie and Tython Awakening like this.
  18. Tython Awakening

Oct 12, 2017
    @Dr. Steve Brule
    Can you explain what releases show them as guards on Carida? Was that in the film and new comics? I missed that.

19. Dr. Steve Brule

Dr. Steve Brule Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 7, 2012
    Yes, in Solo('s cut scene) and the tie-in stuff, they appear as guards during Han's expulsion tribunal.

DarthJaceus and Tython Awakening like this.