main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWC22 Star Wars Nite at Disneyland May 27

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by ChrisLyne, Jan 24, 2020.

1. JonSB

JonSB Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 20, 2018
    I received my ticket yesterday. I haven't been to Disney for a few years so I am not familiar with their ride reservations now. Do we need to make park or ride reservations online before going? We have such a short time inside and I would hate to waste most of it or miss out on some of the Galaxy rides and places since I haven't been there yet.

2. star_wars_is_good

star_wars_is_good Force Ghost star 5

Jun 14, 2002
    I know for the original event they said ROTR would not be operational for the SW Nite event. I don't know if that's still the case now.

JonSB likes this.
  3. StarWarsFan1997

StarWarsFan1997 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jun 22, 2005
    For the event itself you don’t need a reservation, but the earliest you can show up to the park is 6:00. Ideally, with an event like this you will have fewer people in the park which will lead to shorter waits, but that only applies once everyone without a event ticket leaves.

I don’t expect they will be selling lighting lanes/priority skips during the event - even for Disney that would be a step too far.

JonSB likes this.
  4. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    Disney:
    [​IMG]

ChrisLyne likes this.
  5. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    Did my transfer today. Star Wars Nite will actually be my first time in Disneyland and Batuu so really excited for it!

6. Mr_Mundi

Mr_Mundi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    If they all leave. What's to stop them from staying?

I received my ticket today. I am not even sure we will be allowed to enter the country. If there is too much of a hassle with quarantine time and such, then I am not going regardless. If nothing else, at least I will have a memento of what could have been.

I would say though @Obi Anne getting through on the phone wasn't too tiresome. It took 20 minutes getting to talk to someone. I have tried much worse at other "customer services". Maybe you can get a refund on account of them charging extra now. Some 950SEK is also a bit of money lost if that is your alternative.

7. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    I think people with the Nite event have a wristband they have to wear to stay in the park.

8. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    Yeah they do. And they tend to have staff at the entrance to every land & ride checking them.

star_wars_is_good likes this.
  9. Nerfherders

Nerfherders RMFF Treasurer star 4

Apr 26, 2002
    The button came on about 9 Pacific, and didnt work until 10. The queue was 90 minutes but I got the tickets easy peasy once in.

JonSB and star_wars_is_good like this.
  10. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    Yeah, a bunch of people must have taken refunds because i haven't seen anyone say they weren't able to get tickets eventually.

11. JonSB

JonSB Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 20, 2018
    I am surprised that they still had tickets after 90 min.
    Just out of curiosity I just went to the Star Wars Nite purchase site at 1:58 pm PST and it gave me a 3 min wait time initially. The time went up by 1 min increments every min to 6 min then counted down the same way to 1 min, stayed at 1 min for 5 min, then jumped to 23 min and again to 45 min wait times at 2:06 pm. I gave up at that point so I don't know if tickets were still available for all 3 dates May 3,4, and 27.

12. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    Looking on Twitter it seems like a lot of people are having trouble getting through at the moment. I haven't seen anyone who actually got through the queue say they couldn't buy a ticket, so I don't think they sold out yet.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2022
  13. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    I just checked. There's still tickets for the 27th and no queue. The 4th is sold out.

JonSB likes this.
  14. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    Received mine today. A week from changing the date to having them in hand in the UK.

15. BrentC007

BrentC007 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Oct 6, 2002
    Any official word or just speculation on whether Savi's will be open during this event? I imagine a reservation will be absolutely necessary of course.

I've had my eye on building a peace and justice style saber since Galaxy's Edge opens. I've thought about waiting until a proposed trip to Disney World with my family, but I'm worried by then Disney might phase out some of the original saber builds for new ones and I might miss out on the one I want.

There's some other merchandise from Galaxy's Edge that I'd like to get too. I'm hoping the Trading Post at Downtown Disney is still open in May and I can grab some of the items I want that they might have stocked there on Wednesday before Celebration starts.

16. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    Not afaik, but back in late 2019 there was talk of making GE available just to Celebration attendees during the dates of the con. Not sure how official those plans were. The Trading Post is open right now, so I bet it'll still be open in May.

BrentC007 likes this.
  17. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    I don't think they've said specifically about Savi's but I believe it will be open (they've said Rise is subject to availability so I think if Savi's was going to be closed they'd have said). Keep an eye on the online reservations. If I recall from 2020 Savi's and Cantina were both going to be open but require reservations like they would on any other day (just less competition for them on Star Wars Nite).

I'm sure the Trading Post will still be there. I'm hoping to do the same.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2022
    BrentC007 likes this.
  18. Ginkasa

Ginkasa Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jun 13, 2002
    I was able to get tickets on the 11th without a problem which was surprising! I had forgotten until, like, the afternoon. I sat in queue for maybe an hour and just bought tickets easy peasy.

I had tickets for Star Wars Nite when it was supposed to be 2020, but opted to get a refund way back when instead of holding on to them.

StarWarsFan1997 likes this.
  19. BrentC007

Oct 6, 2002
    I know this seems like a really stupid question, but does the Star Wars Nite ticket cover your admission(starting at 6pm) or do you have to buy a separate general admission ticket too?

20. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    You're covered. You'd only have to buy a separate ticket if you wanted in the park during the day.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2022
    BrentC007 likes this.
  21. BrentC007

Oct 6, 2002
    Thank you!

22. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    Not quite SW Nite news but close. Fireworks, parade and World of Color all set to return in April and Fantasmic is returning May 28th (day after SW Nite). So if you're hitting the parks over SWC you should be able to catch all the night shows.

BrentC007 and star_wars_is_good like this.
  23. BrentC007

Oct 6, 2002
    Is it possible to change the date on this topic?

I was able to make a reservation this morning for Savi's on the 27th during Star Wars Nite, but no such luck with Oga's Cantina. But my expectations were pretty low about making that happen anyway.

24. BrentC007

Oct 6, 2002
    They're turning space mountain into hyperspace mountain again soon

25. StarWarsFan1997

StarWarsFan1997 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jun 22, 2005
    Oga’s is overrated in my opinion. The space is pretty small and there really isn’t any food to speak of, just overpriced drinks. If you had to pick one experience then Savi’s is better.

BrentC007 and JonSB like this.