main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ottawa Star Wars Ottawa Fan Club

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Minder, Nov 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Minder

Minder Jedi Youngling star 3

May 28, 2002
    OBN_Kenobi

Get off yer butt and Sculpt something, and I will vacuform it for you. That should bring down the price a lot!!

I found a place in town to get Styrene at $30 a sheet. That will give us 8 X 2 foot by 2 foot panels to pull from. At that rate .... if were good, it will cost us $60, or $90 max for a full suit pull.

2. OBN_Kenobi

OBN_Kenobi Jedi Youngling

Nov 14, 2005
    OK already... Sheesh.

I have an idea... Sculpting small horns out of anything and then casting them in resin should be an easy affair (heck, I do that with aircraft parts, I should be able to do it with horns!). Minder and I need to get prototype armour to get an idea of what's available for us to vacuform (provided we can get the vacuforming table together)so perhaps my getting some would be a good investment... with the thought of selling it afterwards of course.

3. Minder

May 28, 2002
    check out my Sculpting thread Obi_

4. Everildis

Everildis Jedi Youngling

Nov 27, 2005
    Hello Ottawa Star Wars Fans,

I've been doing costuming as a hobby for quite a few years now. In the past I have worked with period pieces (1200's - 1600's mostly) but I look forward to branching out into the Star Wars universe. I can't say that I have too much spare time so my efforts will likely be long term. I also have to take a long term view as I can get quite distracted by all of the details :). I am looking forward to playing.

Everild

5. VaderFanForever

VaderFanForever Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 24, 2004
    Welcome, Everild. We look forward to having you in the group!

have to ask...if you were to make a Star Wars costume, what costume would you do and why? Just curious.

Again, welcome!!

Eli - VaderFanForever

6. rambec

rambec Jedi Youngling

Dec 5, 2005
    Hey everyone:

Just wanted to let you know that there are cool Star Wars items (mostly RPG books) for sale on this website:

Edit by CrazyMike:

rambec you have already made several references to these links in the Ottawa Forum

7. Ekasra

Ekasra Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 11, 2004
    Hi Otttawa,

i'm william. I'm a grade 9 student at Notre Dame High School. Look forward to talking to you all :D

8. Minder

May 28, 2002
    Nice to meet you. Glad to have you aboard!

9. _christina

_christina Jedi Youngling

Mar 13, 2006
  10. Minder

May 28, 2002
    WOOT!!

They are comming out of the woodwork. Glad to meet you!

11. _christina

_christina Jedi Youngling

Mar 13, 2006
    hello everyone .... today was much fun, i really enjoyed the fanforce get together.

12. Minder

May 28, 2002
    Glad to have you there!!

I had a great time too !!

13. Higbi_Makim

Higbi_Makim Jedi Youngling

May 13, 2006
    Hello everyone!!

I've post else were in the Jedi Forums but this group seems to be closest to me. I' m a fan of the SW saga and debuted my jedi costume @ Toronto Trek this year. I'm looking at doung some alterations to the outfit including the lightsaber for next year. I'm starting off with a wand handle from an Electrolux vacuum cleaner as my hilt and the innards from Corbins Components.

I'd be interested in your input on this......

Thanks!!

14. Minder

May 28, 2002
    Welcome !!

There are many references on this board to tell you how to build a light saber. Check around, and if you dont find it, let me know.

15. rockskigrrl

rockskigrrl Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 8, 2006
    Can I join the Ottawa SW Fan Force even if i'm not Canadian? The reason i'm asking is that Ottawa is actually the closest FF to my hometown in way Northern New York.

16. DarExc

DarExc Jedi Master star 1

Jan 27, 2002
    I'm sure you could as long as you came up to meetings, I don't think there's really an official membership list anyway? Even if there is no ones going to tell you to go home :)

17. Minder

May 28, 2002
    We are a very loosly based group, but we do get together and do events, like Bowling, and Miniput, and dinner. So please come out :)

18. Higbi_Makim

Higbi_Makim Jedi Youngling

May 13, 2006
    Count me in as a long distance member. I do a bit of everything. I'm already planning for TT21. Any takers on that??

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.