main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V Star Wars: The Bad Batch Series Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Sable_Hart, Jul 13, 2020.

1. Jedi Master Frizzy

Jedi Master Frizzy Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Its similar to how there's still plot threads from Clone Wars and Rebels.

2. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    I do wonder if the underworld was going to play a bigger part, like maybe the Bad Batch calling in some favors and contacts to help with the Tantis extraction, but then that got cut to focus on the Batch itself and, to a lesser extent, Rex's group.

Also I am really disappointed with the episode guide this time
    No images of the new X-Troopers? Unforgivable - they had cool designs but it was hard to make out details in the lighting, so I was really looking forward to their concept art. Or at least some screenshots and databank entries.... What a shame.

Boy I miss the old days of the episode guides where it was a whole production itself with tie in comics, behind the scenes material, and explanations of the plot that filled in some holes in the episode itself.

Foreign32567 likes this.
  3. Darth_SHOT

Darth_SHOT Jedi Grand Master star 3

Sep 11, 2004
    Completely agree with BTS bit.

TCW had great featuretes every week about the last episode, and the trivia and concept art galleries were much more in depth. They were complemented with even more material avaliable on the Blu-rays.

Rebels had the weekly Rebel Recon and some more featuretes on disc, but Resistance had barely anything (maybe some trivia and concept art like TBB? Can't recall).

Despite some actually interesting (but short) Disney+ Gallery episodes for Mando, Book of Boba and Obi-Wan, less and less BTS stuff is sadly a trend on Disney all productions. On the other hand, the new 4k Blu-rays for Obi-Wan and Andor seem to include some new extras, so there's that.

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

FS26 and MercenaryAce like this.
  4. Jedi Master Frizzy

Jan 15, 2018
    Does anyone think the clone cadets joined the Rebellion, with Omega. They too young for a Clone Rebellion, but they be in prime for the Rebellion. Maybe the Rebellion had a clone squad.

Last edited: May 2, 2024
  5. VexedAtVohai

VexedAtVohai Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 4, 2020
    What dropped plot threads were there in Rebels?

The "to be continued"-style ending aside, that show seemed like it tied everything up nicely.

They'll have aged another 40-ish years by the OT, prime for them is more like OWK and Solo time period. The Hidden Path sub-era, I suppose.

Last edited: May 2, 2024
  6. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    So. The Zillo Beast.

It was a means to an end but not the end in and of itself. And sort of just wandered off stage left. It is absolutely begging for a Tarkin-goes-hunting tale.

7. Soontir-Fel

Soontir-Fel Force Ghost star 5

Dec 18, 2001
    I feel like some of the things you are calling loose ends are just...ends.
    Cid is not a loose end. She betrayed them and they never went back to her. Her throw away line is all that is needed

BigAl6ft6, Slater, Riv_Shiel and 4 others like this.
  8. jedi_master_ousley

jedi_master_ousley Force Ghost star 8

Jun 14, 2002
    I was really glad that Cid never showed up again.

9. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I ****ing loved this ****
    **** yay this show rules
    **** gotta watch it again.

still has problems as all content does but this is peak animated Star Wars for me.

also it’s kept me sane so thanks show

10. Jedi Master Frizzy

Jan 15, 2018
    They are young teenager and 16 years later for them is 32 and they be in their mid 40's. So they be fighting from Kenobi timeline to the Rebellion.

11. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red 13X Hangman Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 25, 2004
    Oh yeah, when you guys saw the episode title, was anyone half expecting Fennec Shand to show up? [face_laugh]

12. Foreign32567

Foreign32567 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 4, 2021
    Hope that there will be eventually a truly great stoty with Imperial black ops as main antagonists, that will use the best elements from CX team, SCAR Squadron and Inferno Squad.

13. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Plus
    there is no way they don’t use Omega again. And that’s what makes the ending great

14. Jedi Master Frizzy

Jan 15, 2018
    I hope we wont wait 5 years for her return, lol

Alpha-Red likes this.
  15. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    My view on the future of animated content. Is as follows I think we are going to be sticking around the Skywalker saga for the foreseeable future. As much as I would love a high republic or old republic show I don’t see it happening. The asset library they have for 22-4 ABY is immense. Literally over 100 hours of animation worth of content between those 26 years.

it’s a lot cheaper to just keep making shows in this 26 year gap then it is to make something much more original in inside the high Republic or the old Republic or to the sequel trilogy even though they have some assets for that. so as much as I would like something set in a new era I think in part the cost and in part resistance has scared them off from that.

Again, I’ve been saying this for maybe over a month maybe two by now the next shows definitely a hidden path. with Ventress playing a big part (although she won’t be the lead they’ll almost certainly have another child or teenage character do that)

Fredrik Vallestrand likes this.
  16. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Any ideas when that final scene takes place?

17. AusStig

AusStig Force Ghost star 5

Feb 3, 2010
    Ending was fine, toothless but fine.

If they wanted an 'everyone lives' ending why did they kill Tech in season 2? And why did they never give any BB beside Crosshair an arc?
    Also I guess murder of innocent civilians is fine if you don't like you boss being mean to you and people you consider 'family'. Crosshair gets half an arc, he never really develops any empathy for none clones nor does he have to come to terms with not being a killer, since h loses his hand....and shoots fine with his other, so what is the issue stoping him from doing that before?

Ramparts death was good, very poetic as others have said. His own greed undid him.

Also I guess Hemlock was indispensable, since without him Op Necromancer is over. He was also very smart, he just needed tech that didn't break down when some part of it was hit.

I guess the message that if the galaxy is in trouble and people are suffering then look after your own family and ignore everyone else.

The Dark Times aren't really the best time for a fully happy ending, at least in my view.

I do like Hunter letting Omega go at the end, parents think they know fear then their kids go to war and they find out. But Wrecker and most defiantly Crosshair should have died.

To compare this show to Avatar the last airbender for a moment, what ATLA did well and BB largely failed was in giving all the leads arcs and getting us interested in them. People have always said that the BB are the least interesting part of their own show and this is still largely true, that wasn't addressed. Hunter got a single ep with Crosshair, he spent as much time with Ventress and Fenic.

Not helping was that this season just went in a circle.

Ventrix and Nom von Anor like this.
  18. AvarandElzarsittininatree

AvarandElzarsittininatree Jedi Master star 4

Nov 13, 2021
    I would assume during the time Rebels was going on. Perhaps after the first Death Star blew up but my personal guess is after Mon Mothma made that call for all the various 'cells' to unite into an Alliance.

Regardless that last scene really was just put in
    To give some closure to Omega's character

Last edited: May 4, 2024
    Ventrix likes this.
  19. AusStig

AusStig Force Ghost star 5

Feb 3, 2010
    I thought it did more for
    Hunter honestly, letting his child grow up and make her own decisions.

20. ColeFardreamer

ColeFardreamer Force Ghost star 5

Nov 24, 2013
    I am mixed about the Finale. I feel it did what it needed to do, but also lacked in what could have been.

Overall, Omega's Fate I like and even if I would have speculated more on a Rogue One style blaze of glory for the squad, given their Legends inspiration from Omega Squad, it works and mirrors Legends more.

Mount Tantiss though I feel we have not seen the last of, even despite what happened to it, there is still a lot to cover or do with that after these events.

Give me a Life Action or Animated non-Lego Freemakers show and mix them up with leftovers from other shows like Bad Batch, Rebels, etc.!

MercenaryAce likes this.
  21. Dawud786

Dawud786 Chosen One star 5

Dec 28, 2006
    I'm glad they didn't hit the finale in with a ton of fan service. Okay, Tarkin shows up in one of the first Imperial-class Star Destroyers. But they didn't even bring in Rex, didn't call in Fennec or Ventress to have their backs. Vader didn't show up to murder everyone.

They stuck with what this show has always been about, the Bad Batch and the clones.

I was not expecting such a happy ending, was banking on more loss.

Grown Omega is a nice capper. Looking forward to whenever they give us Omega in the Rebellion stories in whatever medium. I would love to see her meet someone from the Big 3, but even more so I want her to link back up with Rex.

22. Jedi Master Frizzy

Jan 15, 2018
    And see her and Hera back together.

23. Dawud786

Dawud786 Chosen One star 5

Dec 28, 2006
    I also wouldn't be opposed to a passing reunion of Hunter and Caleb....

Just one of those things they could wedge into the storyline.

24. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Some people think
    after ANH but I highly doubt that. My best guess is sometime slightly before or after rebels season1

KirKanosForever likes this.
  25. Darth Vectivus

Darth Vectivus Jedi Padawan star 3

Dec 9, 2023
    For some reason i think Tech is still alive

BigAl6ft6 likes this.