main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Library Reference Star Wars: The Legacy Trilogy - the OOC Thread for Episode XII: Legacy of the Force

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Sinrebirth , Oct 29, 2020.

1. CosmoHender

CosmoHender Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2016
    Not sure if I like the sound of that...

Kurisan and Sinrebirth like this.
  2. darthbernael

darthbernael EU Community Mod, Fuego, Pyrofuego! star 5 Staff Member Manager

Apr 15, 2019
    :D:D We are talking someone whose spent the last, ummm, quite a while in the UR steeping himself in all the dark side nodes he could find, researching them. But was a Jedi before that. So has seen both sides.

3. CosmoHender

Dec 2, 2016
    Which honestly makes him not that different from Barriss, since she has also seen both sides... and regretted it. She is a failed Jedi and a failed Inquisitor. Now she is only Barriss.

4. darthbernael

Apr 15, 2019
    Xundel is coming back because of the chaos, to see what he can make of it.

And happens to stumble on Barriss and her people first.

5. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I like the duality of it.

Two who have seen both sides of the fence, as their first meeting.

Kurisan and darthbernael like this.
  6. CosmoHender

Dec 2, 2016
    I'm not sure if Barriss would take a liking to Xundel. Especially if it would be like looking into a mirror...

7. darthbernael

Apr 15, 2019
    Well....we'll find out soon.

8. CosmoHender

Dec 2, 2016
    I just had an interesting thought. I didn't mention this in her original character sheet, but perhaps at some point after the Empire's fall Barriss encountered Luke Skywalker. Luke during this time was in the process of searching for knowledge that would help him rebuild the Jedi Order, so maybe he heard rumors about Barriss after she became a healer in the Outer Rim. Luke could have approached Barriss and offered her a place in the rebuilt Jedi Order he was creating, especially since Barriss could help him as one of the last living individuals who was trained by the previous Order. But Barriss turned his offer of redemption down, though she was interested in his relationship to Anakin Skywalker. I believe this could be an interesting part of her past.

9. Shadowsun

Shadowsun Force Ghost star 4

Jun 26, 2017
    Well, it's a @Sinrebirth game so my expectations are high... :p

Vicrul is yet another horrible example of the corruptive power of the dark side, how it twists and mutates, sucks you into oblivion. As you will soon come to see there isn't much of a human left within him. Initially, when I made the CS I toyed with the idea of having him never speak but decided instead he'll speak occasionally but usually just one or two-word responses. (Although I expect he will talk a lot more 'in his head' with his master). Hmm... not gonna say too much more as I like seeing things play out naturally but yeah very pumped for this game...

I also just love playing baddies...as those that know me in other games can attest to...lol...

Sinrebirth and darthbernael like this.
  10. CosmoHender

Dec 2, 2016
    I totally get the appeal of playing baddies. While I went with Barriss, if she wasn't approved I had also created a sheet for Phasma who for me is very much a "love to hate" villain. I had her both scarred and cybernetically enhanced as well so that she's no longer beautiful or completely human. She would have definitely been interesting to play as, but I think Barriss will be more interesting in the long run. Thankfully the dark side didn't corrupt or twist her as much as it had for Vicrul...

11. Kalio_Dynkos

Kalio_Dynkos Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 17, 2004
    Phasma would have been amazing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Some obligatory images...

[​IMG]

Hattaska Ren

[​IMG]

Ott Ren and Lorl Ren

[​IMG]

Jaedec Ren

Last edited: Jan 6, 2021
  13. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    As it will be shortly the 7th January 2021 here in GMT... I thought I would kick us off now, my friends. ;)

May the Force be with you all... and may the Fates forever Duel in your favour.

14. Kalio_Dynkos

Kalio_Dynkos Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 17, 2004
  15. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Only the best for the cast of Episode X!

16. Kurisan

Kurisan Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2016
    The title crawl doesn't work on my computer! (possibly my browser) :(

What does it say?

17. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    STAR WARS
    EPISODE X

DUEL OF THE FATES

The iron grip of the FIRST ORDER has spread to the farthest reaches of the galaxy. Only a few scattered planets remain unoccupied. Traitorous acts are punishable by death. In order to suffocate the unrest that defeated EMPEROR PALPATINE, the mysterious SUPREME LEADER has silenced all communication between neighbouring systems. Led by POE DAMERON, the Resistance has planned a secret mission to prevent their annihilation and forge a path to freedom...

18. Shadowsun

Shadowsun Force Ghost star 4

Jun 26, 2017
    No it can't be...only three dots at the end and not four? Not Star Wars... Well except ROJ but shhhh....

Kalio_Dynkos and darthbernael like this.
  19. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    I was about to say.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

darthbernael and Shadowsun like this.
  20. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Double post but it's me so.

Loads of good starter posts from everyone so far, looking forward to the rest!

@Kalio_Dynkos, that is some sad, angry Wedge. I love it, and I'm so sorry it had to happen to him. Thanks for that emotional stab. Here's hoping, @QueenSabe7 saves the day!

@Mitth_Fisto,
    look at you resisting by not resisting. I saw that! I wonder if word will reach Hux and @HanSolo29 about your sass...

@Jerjerrod-Lennox, @The Jedi in the Pumas
    - looking forward to that combo going up. :p

@Kurisan - I can see you having some fun when you get to @TheSilentInfluence, @Master Vo'Un'Var...

@darthbernael, @CosmoHender -
    looks like you two are on your way to an early and interesting crossover. ;)

@Shadowsun -
    making a lot of a relatively small introductory TAG, but we had a lot of Knights to introduce there so you can look forward to more this week I promise. [face_devil]

@galactic-vagabond422,
    much the same as Wedge but with added wife and child. Death by degrees... it's a contrast to Wedge who chose to keep fighting through his grief, and is in basically the same place as Rhoen... wonder how (and if) you cross paths with @Zedd-Vega...

21. CosmoHender

Dec 2, 2016
    I do have a question. @Sinrebirth called this the "beginning of the final trilogy" earlier. Does that mean that there are plans for an Episode 11 and Episode 12 roleplay?

22. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    There are, yup.

I thought it appropriate to prepare for such a possibility now, rather than after X hit a finale. So, yes, I confess to the crime, Cosmo.

Episode XI and XII are proposed, and I have sketched a three paragraph summary of XI and a one paragraph summary of XII in my mind. As bare minimum guidelines so there’s a running thread and no disjoint between chapters. I was also conscious of the accusation the ST had of not being preplanned all the way through, I suppose.

Inevitably, I imagine this chapter of the Skywalker Saga will be called the Legacy Trilogy.

Which is why questions such as ‘how the hell do we break this cycle’ are pretty important now.

The Legacy of the Star Wars themselves will be inevitably drawn into question.

However!

If X encapsulates itself in a neat and round finale, then so be it. Nor will there be any pressure for people to play through all of the story. I am open-hearted to how things go.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2021
  23. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Obligatory confirmation that I will update all TAGs on Thursday, there won't be the elongated process from herein out. I intend to offer combos periodically to players, so if you don't get one that week, you will definitely sooner rather than later. I'll also be doing some past combos, of course, to fill out your respect histories, or to explain what's happened in the last decade for some of you. These will be in addition to your current TAG-load, so if DRL is a bit heavy let me know at the time I make the offer.

@QueenSabe7, @Kalio_Dynkos, @HanSolo29, @Mitth_Fisto, @Jerjerrod-Lennox, @Kurisan. @The Jedi in the Pumas, @darthbernael, @CosmoHender, @Shadowsun, @TheSilentInfluence, @Master Vo'Un'Var, @galactic-vagabond422, @Zedd-Vega

24. galactic-vagabond422

galactic-vagabond422 Force Ghost star 4

Jul 11, 2009
    [​IMG]
    Rhoen, in his fighting days...

25. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Oh wow. Love it.

Update will happen in roughly 24 hours! Hope everyone is readyyyyy. It’s gonna get messy for some of you pretty sharp-ish. [face_devil]

Last edited: Jan 13, 2021