main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker - Home Video Release (Digital, Blu-ray, DVD, 4K UHD)

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Darth Chiznuk , Feb 19, 2020.

1. DarthWolvo23

DarthWolvo23 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 30, 2005
  2. SomethinSomethinDarkSide

SomethinSomethinDarkSide Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 19, 2013
    No deleted scenes and no audio commentary. Expected.

afrojedi likes this.
  3. Psycho Weiner

Psycho Weiner Jedi Master star 3

Jan 5, 2017
    How can no deleted scenes be expected though? Both of the other films in the trilogy have had them, and this was clearly the film which had the most cuts made to it. It makes no sense at all.

4. SomethinSomethinDarkSide

Jan 19, 2013
    It makes sense because they don't want to reveal what a mess this film was.

5. DarthWolvo23

DarthWolvo23 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 30, 2005
    It's very frustrating

6. SomethinSomethinDarkSide

Jan 19, 2013
    This just proves that behind the scenes this film was a trainwreck.

7. Psycho Weiner

Psycho Weiner Jedi Master star 3

Jan 5, 2017
    Not really, because we already know that - we've seen the film, so those people who think it's a mess already know that. Releasing deleted or extended scenes isn't going to show it to be any more of a 'mess'. Most of the deleted scenes from TFA were not important, TLJ was different as some good scenes were cut for time...given the disjointed and rushed nature of the final cut of TROS, it seems clear that a lot was cut out for the same reasons here - rather than because the scenes were unnecessary or not very good. Also it would be a big selling point since it's one of the things the fans have talked about most.

8. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    Agreed.

Darth Buzz likes this.
  9. JoJoPenelli

JoJoPenelli Chosen One star 6

Aug 14, 2000
    Depending on what occurred bts, the production may have been much more of a sithshow than the movie itself suggests.

I don’t think it’s a coincidence that LFL is “taking a break” from movies (or even announcing future ones). Obviously companies can multitask - *points to Marvel* - so this “break” is - imo ofc - not due to LFL somehow being too busy.

Although it does appear that they’ve been wrapped up in rewriting their tv shows and alienating directors. Must be time-consuming.

2Cleva likes this.
  10. reyvision

reyvision Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 12, 2017
    No deleted scenes is odd. We know they exist, thanks to pictures. Rose and Rey have at least one scene together. Hux and Pryde were with Kylo at the beginning like the novel has them, the actors confirmed they filmed it.

11. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    I wonder if there will be individual 4K Blu Rays too? I would actually be more interested in that, TBH.

12. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    A deleted scenes disruption can only mean one thing..

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  13. Adella7

Adella7 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 8, 2016
    I hope there's a video with movie volume on mute, while the music of John Williams soundtrack playing in the background for the digital version. The digital version Last Jedi had that same feature two years ago.​

Last edited: Feb 19, 2020
    lovethedarkside likes this.
  14. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    ...invasion?

15. SomethinSomethinDarkSide

Jan 19, 2013
    Can somebody tell me if the Jango/Obi-Wan headbutt was still cut on the previous UK Blu-ray?

16. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    Deleted scenes for SW were always a joke anyway. But yeah, this movie had the most re-shoots and re-edits. They don't want us to know about them. Maybe they are worried that people would be made they didn't release them in the movie.

Probably not. I hope they have a score-only option like they did for TLJ (although that was Rian's idea).

17. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    From the previously linked article on the official site... this is one of the listed options:

[​IMG]

18. HevyDevy

HevyDevy Force Ghost star 5

Apr 13, 2011
    Why?

Tosche station (OT bluray). Anakin and Padme with Padme's family (AOTC dvd). Padme and the delegation of 2000 confront Palpatine (ROTS dvd).
    And Anakin and Palpatine discuss changes to the constitution (PT bluray).

All these scenes are pretty essential Imo.

If they don't have any TROS deleted scenes on any release I call shenanigans.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2020
    Darth PJ likes this.
  19. Rodie

Rodie Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2014
    I'm guessing no deleted scenes on the blu-ray means an extended cut of TROS is coming to Disney+ sometime in 2020. Maybe they are working on that now.

It would be smart to drop that this summer to get more subscribers to Disney+. Could even have JJ do an optional commentary track for the Disney+ release.

20. HevyDevy

HevyDevy Force Ghost star 5

Apr 13, 2011
    Don't get my hopes up ;)

21. JoJoPenelli

Aug 14, 2000
    Wonder how many fans who don’t currently have D+ would actually be enticed to subscribe for an extended cut of RoS.

At least it would shut up folks who claim that the theatrical cut is actually the director’s cut.

22. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid Force Ghost star 6

Mar 13, 2014
    It's as much about keeping subscribers as enticing new ones.

Darth PJ likes this.
  23. Darth PJ

Darth PJ Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2013
    I have no interest in this, as a standalone release of TROS. However, I will go for the 4K box set.

24. Darth PJ

Darth PJ Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2013
    I'd imagine they (Lucasfilm) simply believe a release of TROS at this time doesn't warrant the effort re. deleted scenes and commentory. If TROS had been more critically successful, I think they'd have felt more compelled to give the home video release more bells and whistles.

It got added back in for the UK Blu-Ray.

25. JoJoPenelli

Aug 14, 2000
    Well...did the Solo home release have commentary or deleted scenes?