main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Books Star Wars Timelines (DK reference book, April 2023)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Senpezeco, Oct 9, 2022.

1. DarthPhilosopher

DarthPhilosopher Chosen One star 6

Jan 23, 2011
    What was the 1000 year history of the Sith which he described?

MercenaryAce likes this.
  2. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    Nothing too elaborate, just that the Sith were founded by a fallen jedi 2,000 years before ANH, and spent 1000 years ruining everything until they were defeated and Bane founded the rule of two.

Legends had already established the sith existing way before then, so this was tweeked to the sith having been refounded at the 2000 mark.

3. DarthPhilosopher

DarthPhilosopher Chosen One star 6

Jan 23, 2011

That’s interesting - we know that Lucas was somewhat blasé with dates. I hope that he has lots of random notes somewhere, so that we can have a fuller idea of the ‘Lucas continuity’ one day.

I think the new canon has the Sith being founded around 5000 BBY, although this new film may change that.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2023
    MercenaryAce likes this.
  4. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
  5. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    The Tarkin novel mentions the Sith shrine beneath the Jedi Temple having been abandoned for 5000 years, but there’s nothing indicating that the Sith didn’t exist before that.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2023
    MercenaryAce and QuinlanSolo like this.
  6. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    @darklordoftech; Timelines.

“Estimated
    c5000 BBY
    A dark-side sect splinters from the Jedi, causing the formation of the Sith. This fracture is the genesis of a millennia-long rivalry.”

Do note however the Jedi strike on Garn is also circa 20,000 BBY, as is the Dawn of the Republic.

Oh, and the Chinese HR Jedi book is confined to be in 200 ABY.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2023
  7. RogueWhistler

RogueWhistler Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 9, 2021
    I'd seen this too, apparently the initial word was fifty years before TPM, which is a pretty big difference.

Sinrebirth and DurararaFTW like this.
  8. Golbolco

Golbolco Jedi Master star 3

Jan 20, 2016
    Wow, yeah that's a pretty big shift.

I won't have access to the book for another couple weeks but I'm diligently taking notes on what Sinrebirth is laying down.

darklordoftech and Sinrebirth like this.
  9. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Confirmed not confined*

But yessss a very big shift.

I do wonder when it will be imported into other languages.

10. The Positive Fan

The Positive Fan Force Ghost star 4

Jan 19, 2015
    One of my hopes for this book is that we get approximate timeline placements for some of the "Star Wars Adventures" stories. I want to see if some of my guesses for tales like "The Trouble at Tibrin" and "Squad Goals" are correct. Preview pages have placed at least some of the "Forces of Destiny" shorts and the Rebels comics, so hopefully Adventures will get some of that love as well.

11. Rennzwerg

Rennzwerg Jedi Master star 2

Mar 26, 2017
    I now feel like an idiot for rolling my eyes at the book at Celebration. I was thinking "that'll be out of date within no time at all, so why bother", only to discover afterwards there are loads of new references in there... Like on the Chiss and Thrawn. Some of which I am a bit about.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

12. Darth Corydon

Darth Corydon Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2018
  13. Golbolco

Golbolco Jedi Master star 3

Jan 20, 2016
    Interesting that this individual is saying that the writer and producer of the show “slipped up” with his comment, as opposed to the licensed tie-in book.

I’ll take authorial intent over this one.

ColeFardreamer likes this.
  14. Darth Corydon

Darth Corydon Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2018
    but HUX JR's BIRTH IS ON WBW PAGE

15. The Positive Fan

Jan 19, 2015
    I'm not sure I understand the significance? All that means is Hux was born around the same time as those events. I don't think that's intended to imply a connection between Hux and the WBW.

16. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    I don’t know how I forgot to mention this, too.

@darklordoftech

1,000 BBY - estimated - the Massassi people go extinct, leaving behind evidence of an intelligent civilisation that constructed towering temples on the moon of Yavin 4.

Which is doubly curious with the 20,000 BBY attack on Garn, and the tie between the two…

darklordoftech and Darth Corydon like this.
  17. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    [​IMG]

18. VexedAtVohai

VexedAtVohai Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 4, 2020
    That is a bit weird, and probably an error. But maybe the Canon version of the Massassi began on Yavin IV before being taken to Korriban, eventually dying off in the Sith Civil War of ~1000 BBY. The Great Temple being what they chose to build, whereas the buildings of Moraband, Exegol, Malachor, etc. are what they are forced to create.

Sinrebirth likes this.
  19. ColeFardreamer

ColeFardreamer Force Ghost star 5

Nov 24, 2013
    Ok, I am done reading Timelines and here are some dates and comments by me... overall a great book packed full and very useful. But I also have to say I expected some more but can understand why they did not date everything they could have
    f.e. Zeffo, Rur, etc. and plenty of other references are kept obscure although comparisons and history mergers with Legends in obvious spots give us almost clear dates for them!

Here follow some dates from the book with comments by me!
    25025 BBY – Jedi founded (Ach-to? Or Tython and Ach-to being older? The book has it like this is Ach-to but keeps its wording vague and not definitive, which is better I think. Regardless if Ach-to or Tython, the backstory of the Force discovery is far older than that of the Jedi foundation)

25020 BBY – Droid Prof. Huyang powers up and starts teaching Younglings

20000 BBY – Old Republic (re?)founded amongst another Jedi – Dark Side (Sith?) conflict and thx to the advance in hyperdrive technology and hyperlane establishment. (guess it took 5 millennia to get initial hyperdrive tech figured out properly and spread out with localized use only previously since 25000BBY with it being a prized and secret tech kept by some cultures instead of freely sharing?)

20000 BBY – Jedi attack on Garn against Ordu Aspectu (wait... wasn't this supposed to be later?)

5100 BBY – Chiss Ascendancy formed

5000BBY – Sith split from Jedi (what about 7000? canon mentioned 7000 in some sources too but that date is absent in Timelines. So 5000 another new split, or did they change that? Error?)

5000 – 1032 BBY – series of Jedi-Sith Wars that see each at the brink of extinction several times

3650 BBY – Chiss get entangled in the wars of the ancient Republic (TOR MMO!)

3450 BBY – Chiss retreat from the galaxy to their space (end of TOR MMO?)

2500BBY – Drengir rise as Sith allies and trapped again (could be tied to TFU's ancient Sith maybe? Anyway another Sith War after TOR MMO and before Ruin's NSW!)

1100-1000BBY – Darth Momin apprentices to Dark Lady Shaa

1000 BBY – Massassi leave Yavin IV and become „extinct“ (oh, expected that to be earlier... unless there was a return of them to Yavin IV after during or after TOR MMO till NSW!!! This may speak for a red Sith extinction event during the NSW rather than during the end of TOR)

1050 BBY – Mando Jedi Tarre Vizla and the Darksaber

1022 BBY – Amaxine leave government and galaxy behind

1032 BBY – NSW end (after lasting how long in canon?)

1032 BBY – Coruscant Jedi Temple (re?)erected over Sith shrine

1000 BBY – Galactic Republic re-formed
    1000 BBY – Sith runes outlawed by Senate and droids forbidden to translate them

Some Naboo ruler dates:

Not in timelines:
    ? King Jafan and Queen Yram (Legends)
    ? King Bon Tapalo (65 - 46 rule?)
    ? sometime before 36BBY? King Veruna (Canon & Legends, 46-44 rule? yet influential like a king with other offices after his rule to fit his Legends backstory?)

these are in Timelines:
    44-40 Queen Ekay
    40-36 Queen Amee (first named in Timelines!)
    36-34 Queen Reillata
    34-32 Queen Sanandrassa
    32-28 Queen Amidala
    28-26 Queen Reillata
    26-22 Queen Jamilla
    22-20 Queen Neeyutnee
    20-18 Queen Apailana

Not in Timelines:
    18BBY - 1ABY? Queen Kylantha (Legends, Galaxies, right after Apailana)
    3BBY Queen Dalne (Canon, Leia, Princess of Alderaan; maybe interim before Kylantha returned for a second term?)
    1ABY - ? Queen Mayrayni (Legends, EgtW, right after Kylantha)
    4ABY Queen Sosha Soruna (Canon, Shattered Empire)

I propose,
    18-4 BBY Kylantha
    4-2 BBY Dalne
    2-0BBY Kylantha (with 0-1ABY a joint rule to transition between Queens maybe or training on the job)
    0-2ABY Mayrayni
    2-4+ABY Sosha Soruna

21 ABY First Order formed by Imperial Remnants (plural) in the Unknown Regions! (sounds like the FO was around before but as a Remnant only and not the FO proper. Forming only post Mandoverse?

QuinlanSolo, SWpants and JediFett10 like this.
  20. Dominick1216

Dominick1216 Jedi Master star 1

Feb 23, 2013
    Quick question
    is Amee spelled like 'Amee' or 'Ameé?'

21. ColeFardreamer

ColeFardreamer Force Ghost star 5

Nov 24, 2013
    Dominick1216 likes this.
  22. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    I hope they start adding The Old Republic as canon.

23. The Positive Fan

Jan 19, 2015
    The always excellent Numidian Prime blog has dropped an epic continuity breakdown of this book. Beware of many, many spoilers, to whatever degree you consider a book of this nature to have spoilers.

24. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Well, time to shuffle my bookshelf!

Dream-Thinker likes this.
  25. Soontir-Fel

Soontir-Fel Force Ghost star 5

Dec 18, 2001
    Does it have the galaxy map from celebration 2022?