main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"STICK IT TO THEM"

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by BFett88, May 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TK-4752

TK-4752 Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 20, 2002
    Well, humoring the e-mail that I've received at least twice a year for the last 9 years, I didn't fill up on Wednesday. I still filled up on Tuesday, tho'. In the event a significant amount of people held off on Wednesday, it's still not making a difference on the weekly or monthly books. *shrug*

We all just need to find jobs close to home and start riding our bikes to work, or work from home...which is where I'm at today. :)

2. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    So did you really get on your bike to ride to your house, so you can say your at work?

I don't think it did anything either, I did see people getting gas but it wasn't very many people. What we need to do it set a date, have people picketing to tell people not to fill up, right in front of the gas stations. But I'm not that dedicated!

3. Imperial_Birrer

Imperial_Birrer Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2003
    I think for something like this to ever be effective it would have to a week long event with nation wide announcements, not just email. so I dont it can ever be puled off with any effectivness.

4. buffy_wine

buffy_wine Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 2003
    That's what my brother was saying too IB. I didn't notice many, but I did see some people at the gas stations. If we tried for a week, maybe half a week, it might make it to the news.

5. buffy_wine

buffy_wine Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 2003
    Call me picky, but I'm not rideing my bike on the highway with people going over 60 to school. ;) However I do carpool, and if I even had a car I would still carpool. Especially for my night class.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.