main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Superman @ the IMAX

Discussion in 'Archive: London UK' started by Lord-Tice, Jul 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord-Tice

Lord-Tice Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 20, 2001
    The new Superman Returns film is out on July 14th, and the IMAX at Waterloo will be showing the 3D version :D

About 20 mins will be in 3D, and it will be a good insight for what the 3D Star Wars films could be like if they make it here ;)

The film seems to be getting the big thumbs up too, so if people are interested, we could have this for an evening meet sometime soon.

2. gaiatha

gaiatha Jedi Knight star 5

May 25, 2002
    I'd love to see Superman in 3D :D ;)

I still thinks it's horribly unfair that you in the UK have IMAX theaters showing actual films. We have only three IMAX in whole Germany and all of the show documantations only.
    I can't imagine that it wouldn't pay of to show a few very popular films... I'm seriously thinking about sarting a petition :p

3. Kassy

Kassy Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 20, 2005
    Hi Matt, I'm up for it, IMAX films are great anyway and the DMR remastered blockbusters are great.

You realise that IMAX is old technology now, it's still film, unlike DLP digital at Odeon Leicester Square (selected films only) but it's still great and the biggest screen in the UK is at Waterloo.

IMAX 3D is a different process to the Star Wars 3D films, but it is still amazing, as anyone who has seen it will vouch.

Would be good to catch up with you all again

4. Ellbobin

Ellbobin Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 30, 2004
    :-B
    The star wars films arnt gonna be in IMAX style 3D. Its a new technology backed by Lucasfilm that allows you to watch films with out affecting your eyes
    eg, when you watch TV or use the computer for to long your eyes hurt correct? the new technology mean you could watch for like 3days non stop and not have any of the affects :D
    :-B

Anyway, yeah i need to get tickets to this.

5. fizzbin

fizzbin Jedi Grand Master star 1

Mar 21, 2005
    Count me in too. :)

(as long as my shifts allow [face_worried] )

6. Raj_Vader

Raj_Vader Jedi Master star 4

Mar 28, 2005
    Hey - sounds great - was planning on seeing it at the IMAX on the 14th but shall delay if there's a meet

7. Kassy

Apr 20, 2005
    YaY, Raj is Back -HE'S BACK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey FizzBin, Were Ya Been ? were u at the show last weekend ?

8. Ellbobin

Ellbobin Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 30, 2004
    I've got tickets for the 15th @ 2 if anyone else happens to be going.

9. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    Jule, you're welcome to come to this meet too!! :D
    A tad expensive though ;)
    I'll sign your petition if it helps.

I'm not sure when I can organise this meet but I'll have a better idea next week. I'd like to pre-book tickets though, which may cause problems but we'll see what options there are.

10. jamierichards

jamierichards Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2002
    as my wife is buggering off to new york on business next week,again-i'm left home alone and would love an evening out in the big city!
    so long as we're talking after six thirty,i should be okay...
    so,count me in!

11. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    Next Monday and Tuesday are possible for me, either that or any day during the week of Mon 24th - Fri 28th July.

There's one problemo Jamie. Showings are at 3:00pm, 6:00pm and 9:00pm and the film lasts for 2 1/2 hrs (+trailer time) making the 9:00pm showing very difficult for most due to last trains. So we'd most likely go for the 3 or 6:00pm showing. Really sorry about that, unless you can get a half-day??

12. Kassy

Apr 20, 2005
    my last train is 12.05am ! so I can see any of the showings, even the late one! especially as IMAX is at Waterloo and my train leaves from there also

13. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    The chances are I and others could miss their last train though, so the 9:00pm showing is a bit too late. If it was an 8:00pm showing then that would be great, but annoyingly it isn't.

14. Kassy

Apr 20, 2005
    Make sure you book using my patron number Matt, I am a regular at IMAX

15. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    I've e-mailed the IMAX to find out exactly at what time the 21:00 showing finishes.
    As for tickets, as I said before I don't want the burden of getting them all so we have two options.
    1) We decide on a date and showing and get them individually online.
    2) We get them altogether on the day.

The problem with option 1 is that we wont be seated next to each other but no one loses out. The problem with option 2 is that it could sell out.

I'm favouring option 1 but thoughts and ideas are welcome :p

16. jamierichards

Nov 12, 2002
    no worries,matt... just go ahead and make your plans,and if they fit then i'll let you know.
    suppose i could drive up to london...
    after watching that film 'creep' the other night,don't much fancy hanging about on the underground late at night!

17. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    I've been informed that the 21:00 showing finished at around 23:30. How does that sit with everyone else (it's just about okay for me)??

Now, now Jamie, don't be scared of the Tube late at night :p

18. Raj_Vader

Raj_Vader Jedi Master star 4

Mar 28, 2005
    21:00 showing sounds good for me!

19. Kassy

Apr 20, 2005
    21.00 is just about perfect for me also ;-)

20. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    So all we need now is for Fizzbin and Jamie to see what they think and then we can make a plan :cool:

Anyone else??

And don't forget to think about the ticket options I posted yesterday ;)

21. jamierichards

Nov 12, 2002
    i think that'll be okay... i'm sure i've been to gigs and left later than that before.
    yeah,i'm sure that'll be fine.
    let me check with my buddy and see if he's up for it.
    hang on.

22. jamierichards

Nov 12, 2002
    on the other hand,it does mean that i'll get home for about one thirty/two...at best.
    and this little piggy needs his beauty sleep!
    :(
    so,i'd better pass... with regret.
    but thanks for the offer.
    :)
    interesting super-fact,my ex comes from tamworth in aus' where they apparantly filmed the smallville/kansas scenes.
    she was a right handful.
    whooo!

23. Kassy

Apr 20, 2005
    The first weeks showings of Superman in IMAX are sold out, I suggest that we do a mass booking and make sure that we get prime seats in the middle of the cinema, otherwise we will all be in separate parts of the cinema and it kinda defeats the point of going as a group, I can certainly do a block booking of 4 or so (maybe more) that will cater for Matt, Raj etc. but this really needs to be organised.

1) we need an exact and defined number of people attending

2) we all need to pay in advance through a central point/person

3) Someone, maybe myself or Matt, perhaps even Raj needs to be a central point of contact

4) Best position tickits must be nooked in advance, I know most seats are good in an IMAX but central is best and these always get booked first, otherwise we shall have to resort to Ticketmaster!

5) I have been to this cinema many times, so please feel free anyone to ask me any questions ?

24. jamierichards

Nov 12, 2002
    what is the capitol of iceland?

25. Kassy

Apr 20, 2005
    Reykjavik

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.