main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST SW episode 8 to be filmed in Dubrovnik/Croatia

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Banksy Erak, Feb 7, 2016.

?

What do u think if they will change the way the street looks now?

Poll closed May 17, 2016.
  1. Yes

53.2%
  2. No

6.5%
  3. Just little bit

51.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Darth_Bertie

Darth_Bertie Force Ghost star 6

Mar 30, 2014
    I think they have an interestig design.

Baron_Papanerd and Dra--- like this.
  2. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000

Better than the one with the straw whiskers, that thing looks like something a kid made for Halloween.

3. Dagobah Dragonsnake

Dagobah Dragonsnake Jedi Master star 4

Feb 7, 2016
    Fez Guy: Who invited the weird looking two-toned aliens to this thing?
    Lady Friend: Don't stare. Not polite. And quit being so xenophobic.
    Fez Guy: Anymore there are weird looking aliens everywhere.
    Lady Friend: Relax. You'll get used to it. Aliens are people too .... well, not exactly people, but ... you know what I mean.
    Fez Guy: Yes, I suppose you're right. After a while it isn't so obvious. Except Larry. Did you see that mouth with those teeth? Good Lord ...

4. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    Kind of blurry, but the aliens look interesting -- the one has a kind of Akhenaten sort of look, which is cool.

The humans still look awful. The guy with the fez looks like a chess piece.

I'm sure the film will be good, but I'm just not down with some of this aesthetic yet.

Luckily I'm a SW fan -- which means I'm great at denial and repressing reality. ;)

5. Rimfaxe96

Rimfaxe96 Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 9, 2016
    I want Chewbacca and Maz Katana doing that famous Titanic Jack-holds-Rose-scene on that yacht with "My heart will go on" playing in the background.

6. The PiedPiper of Alderaan

The PiedPiper of Alderaan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 16, 2015
    Haha i love the guy with the fez...we had 80s clothes before, asian robes, samurai stuff etc..those tuxedos have enough twists it looks alright to me! So far ive loved everything ive seen. any news of the production wrapping right now (or not)? back to pinewood?

7. Dagobah Dragonsnake

Feb 7, 2016
    I am already sad that they are wrapping up in Dubrovnik.

Platitude time: Star Wars is many different things to different people. To me, this has really been an experience, this far out from release.

What is rather strange is how a few people have begun to feel negatives about VIII from the few sketchy glimpses we have gotten from Dubrovnik.

· Things are too slick (like in the prequels).
    · Looks like a Bond movie.
    · Larry is too extreme.
    · So far it doesn’t have the Star Wars feel.
    · Rian Johnson is going too weird.
    · Rian Johnson is a prequel fan. Rian Johnson doesn’t understand the real Star Wars.
    · Rian Johnson will follow Disney’s orders and rehash ESB.
    · Though reserving judgement, frankly, we are doomed.

We have an extremely small sampling of odd angled and distant glimpses of the location shoot of one section of the story in the second installment of this trilogy. We all are getting vibes from it, of course. But to begin to steel ourselves to having to accept the ugly cousin just because that cousin is still part of the family is extremely premature even for the most cynical of us.

If we are to continue without getting jaded (same outfit types, same dwelling on ships and in space, remote locations in the GFFA), or controversial (too much civilization, too much eye candy, gaudy costumes), we need to have a movie that both keeps the feel and strikes out in new directions: not the OT, not the PT, but a combination of Star Wars feel with things we have not seen in the last seven episodes. The ST.

I believe it is important to Disney / Lucasfilm to insure that the basic ambiance of Star Wars is always there. But they are intelligent enough to realize that there must be some new direction, new environments, things we have not seen before, to keep things fresh.

Personally I am feeling very excited from what we have seen in Dubrovnik. Well over six hundred days is like an eternity.

8. The PiedPiper of Alderaan

The PiedPiper of Alderaan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 16, 2015
    Amen to that! lets move forward. i dont see a PT throwback (never was a fan in the first place im afraid) i see the SEQUEL, the future of the saga. best of both worlds and even more, something unique to the st...

loststars likes this.
  9. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    I'm at the airport at Zagreb now and wait for my flight to Germany. They are finished with filming and destroying the props. :_|
    Lots of action and explosions this night again. Maybe I had some stuntman/stundtwoman/crew on my flight from Dubrovnik to Zagreb, but I'm not sure. Maybe Chloe. :)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014

Steely Dan gets my vote! did you guys ever see that Larry David movie with the car "THE HOWARD" ? In that movie The band Chicago was heavily featured, my dad thinks they should make a sequel with Steely Dan Because Steely Dan and Chicago are similar bands!

11. Luke'sSeveredHand

Luke'sSeveredHand Jedi Master star 4

Jul 21, 2014
    Cheeky B******. [face_shhh]

Agreed. Huey Lewis and the News, perhaps? Or would Christopher Cross suffice?

JabbatheHumanBeing likes this.
  12. Lt. Hija

Lt. Hija Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2015
    [​IMG]

Dagobah Dragonsnake wrote

What is rather strange is how a few people have begun to feel negatives about VIII from the few sketchy glimpses we have gotten from Dubrovnik.

·Things are too slick (like in the prequels).
    ·Looks like a Bond movie.
    ·Larry is too extreme.
    ·So far it doesn’t have the Star Wars feel.
    ·Rian Johnson is going too weird.
    ·Rian Johnson is a prequel fan. Rian Johnson doesn’t understand the real Star Wars.
    ·Rian Johnson will follow Disney’s orders and rehash ESB.

• actors dressed like Bram Stoker vampires and/or magicians (with white gloves)
    I'm well aware that Star Wars thrives on creating allusions to familiar environments, characters, film scenes and so on, but when I saw these pictures near the speeder blowing up the first thought that entered my mind was "vampires".

Not sure how this will help the suspension of disbelief to feel you're in a galaxy far, far away and not on Earth.

Luke'sSeveredHand likes this.
  13. Banksy Erak

Banksy Erak Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 5, 2016
  14. Dagobah Dragonsnake

Feb 7, 2016
    I for one do not think black and white evening wear with some very obvious changes in capes and other things, is reminiscent of any vampire, especially Bram Stoker's which is definitely not black and white evening wear.
    [​IMG]
    That is a Bela Lugosi invention picked up and sterotyped for a few really bad vampire movies. It is an association it seems with a formal attire. If you look closely, though, in several shots, there are differences from what we consider a tuxedo.
    [​IMG]

Baron_Papanerd likes this.
  15. Darth Imbecillis

Darth Imbecillis Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2016
    :_|

What am I supposed to do with my life now?!

Thanks to everybody who's been posting pictures and reports from Dubrovnik - this past week was a vicarious experience like no other!

16. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    In keeping with SW tradition, I hope there's some wacky alien band playing on the ship.

Baron_Papanerd likes this.
  17. Dame sans merci

Dame sans merci Jedi Master star 4

Jan 17, 2016
    As far as i'm concerned, the phantom of the space opera vibe and Larry the giant-penis-monster-with-teeth is very encouraging. This is my kind of weird.

18. Lt. Hija

Lt. Hija Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2015
    [​IMG]

Dagobah Dragonsnake wrote

That is a Bela Lugosi invention picked up and sterotyped for a few really bad vampire movies.

Exactly my point, but I don't think we are just looking at a "few" movies but plenty of these, many featuring Christopher Lee as Count Dracula and others.

Dame sans merci

Each to their own. ;)

Darth Imbecillis likes this.
  19. Darth Imbecillis

Darth Imbecillis Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2016

Giant penis? Have I missed some insider information about our friend Larry?

20. MotherNature's SilverSeed

MotherNature's SilverSeed Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 4, 2013
    People can't help the way they feel. You can't make a clockwork orange. Seasons change and so did I. You need not wonder why. It's the time of the season. For loving. Say your prayers little one. Don't forget, my son, to include everyone. Su-sussudio.

I guess what I'm trying to say is...try to be more tolerant, goddammit. There ain't no good guy; there ain't no bad guy. There's only you and them and you just disagree. Don't let's start. You look just like Buddy Holly. You're just a boy with a new haircut and that's a pretty nice haircut. I wish I could eat your cancer when you turn black.

[DROPS MIC]

21. Banksy Erak

Banksy Erak Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 5, 2016
    we will try to squeeze some info from extras....we already know some story line but lets wait few days to hear more from people that were involved

TK327, Baron_Papanerd, gizka and 8 others like this.
  22. loststars

loststars Jedi Master star 4

Jan 22, 2016

Nice! I shall try to have patience.

23. Ligenot

Ligenot Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 27, 2014
    Perhaps someone is a Dooku.

24. cameron.osborn

cameron.osborn Jedi Knight

Nov 17, 2014
    In the pictures where you could see the camera's they're using for filming. They looked more like digital cameras than film cameras.

25. loststars

loststars Jedi Master star 4

Jan 22, 2016

Rian is filming on 35mm film. It's pretty well documented that he is.