main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V Tales of the [Jedi, Empire] series

Discussion in 'Literature' started by RafSwi7, Dec 23, 2021.

1. Dawud786

Dawud786 Chosen One star 5

Dec 28, 2006
    Midnight Horizon is Feb 1st in the US.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Jedi Ben likes this.
  2. I loved Tales of the Jedi will be great to see Ulic and Exar story in animation
    i hope this is start to see more Legends content

3. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

@Jedi Ben

Didn't Covid delay High Republic's initial rollout, cuz if so I think then we would be much deeper into High Republic a mega project intuitive.

Whether or not this is part of the initiative is still hard to say.

Or whatever the heck this Tales of the Jedi Project even his honestly.

4. Jedi Master Frizzy

Jedi Master Frizzy Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    This seems more old republic then high republic.

5. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

As much as I would love for a series especially a animated one to have a whole era to play with without any sorts endpoint or pre-requeisit I kinda down doubt it.

Seems strange to me to open up a third Era when Lucafilm is already busy with two at the moment, those being Post Endor and High Republic.

6. Golbolco

Golbolco Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2016
    There was once a point when LFL was publishing stories in no less than six eras at once!

7. Jedi Master Frizzy

Jan 15, 2018
    They have talked long about old republic and with Kotor remake, I can see them slowly open up a third era to explore with. Rumor of old republic movie in the works, and yhis animation show coming soon. I could see this being the early days of jedi and republic and how the sith came to be.

8. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

yeah and we’re not in that era right now

9. Dawud786

Dawud786 Chosen One star 5

Dec 28, 2006
    I just realized another possible framing story for a Tales of the Jedi could be High Republic era younglings. We've seen in High Republic Adventures that the younglings watch holo-dramas about Old Republic Jedi heroes.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

darklordoftech and Jedi Ben like this.
  10. ColeFardreamer

ColeFardreamer Force Ghost star 5

Nov 24, 2013
    Could be a nice framework... if so I want it narrated by Ahmed Best's kiddie game show Jedi character!

Dawud786 likes this.
  11. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 10

Jul 19, 1999
    Must be Mission to Disaster I'm thinking of then, it's the Junior story that officially comes out with adult hardback 4 Jan.

I don't think Covid has hit The High Republic as the last year has given us:

2x adult, YA and Junior books
    3 trades - 2x Marvel, 1x IDW
    1 manga
    1 audio production

That's quite a list. For 2022 we know of:

1x Adult, YA and Junior book
    Tempest Runner script book
    1 manga
    4 trades, 2x Marvel, 2x IDW

And there will be a phase 2.1 / 4 - however we number or classify it.

Dawud786 likes this.
  12. Jedi Master Frizzy

Jan 15, 2018
    But we should be, lets go all over the timeline.

Golbolco likes this.
  13. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

I prefer being more thoughtful with how we expand the universe then just going willy nilly thank you.

14. SyndicThrass

SyndicThrass Force Ghost star 5

Sep 25, 2016
    I mean, High Republic era, Prequel Trilogy era (Thrawn Ascendancy), Dark Times era (Bad Batch/Andor/Kenobi), Post-Endor (Mandorverse). So another probably won’t hurt things.

15. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

I guess, granted don't really see the era's that way in general but who knows.

Like who knows if were making a mountain outta mohill here....Maybe it's something, will just have to wait and see.

16. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Wait and see? Well, there's a first. ;)

As to eras or areas active in, there is more going on than people migjt realise:

High Republic
    PT
    Dark Times
    OT
    Mandoverse and others
    ST

That gets you six right there. Disney have their weaknesses but a lack of multi-era content isn't one of them.

17. AvarandElzarsittininatree

AvarandElzarsittininatree Jedi Master star 4

Nov 13, 2021
    This was a good time for a leaker to say something like this though because it really can't be completely forgotten about until Celebration happens in May. If it's real then good chance they would announce it before Celebration but then again a chance they wouldn't announce until the event.

With those Old Republic movie rumors the leakers were clearly just trying to throw their darts at the wall for the upcoming investors meeting later on that week. When nothing was said about it at the event it was easy to forget about anything the leakers said.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2021
  18. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Well i wouldn't be against a animated series having free reign for once.

As much as i love a lot of the animated shows, my biggest gripe with them have always been they are a Prequel or in-between one of the bigger events and can't really shape the whole the galaxy.

I'd love for a long running animated series that can have the scale of a movie but told out in more episodes.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  19. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    I'm not sure that's true, the later Clone Wars practically told a parallel saga to the PT, especially Siege of Mandalore.

It's fair to say Rebels led into Rogue One, but I don't think it was devalued by doing so.

One of the best new techniques is varying the episode length, so you could have a series have a set of smaller episodes to set the stage then for the main event a 70-80min episode is done.

20. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Yeah I don't want paralleling or leads up I want full on ...This is just a saga changing even where the status quo chanciness.

Basically tell the OT but in a series.

And ...The OT naturally but...You know...The ending where we can beat the Evil Emperor Sith person.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 26, 2021
  21. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Er, yeah, that's been done - see Ep IX. ;)

A new era would be needed but, even if they did that, the lesson of High Republic is people will still attempt to link it to the films no matter the temporal difference, which makes it hard to have a much more ambitious, animated epic that stands out and apart.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2021
  22. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

You know what I mean ;p

Well I mean you can't blame folks for connecting it to the films this is after all a CINEMATIC UNIVERSE, there is always gonna be some linkage to it, be it via a character, planet or a thematic concept.

Granted if this was a direct adaption of the comics (Which I doubt) that would be sorta the epic tale I'm looking for which could be told in 3-4 seasons of Animated television. Maybe even improved, give the characters more depth and stuff to do etc etc.

Course again who knows what this even is.

23. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    It started off as that but has become quite a bit more, just always linking stuff to the films narrows the perception of the brand and could even actively prevent the kind of project you've described happening.

24. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

I include books and stuff when i say Cinematic Universe.

But my point still stands that this is a interconnected one so it goes to show that folks will connect High Republic back to the films in some way.

My hope is that if we get to re-imagine the Old Republic Exegol plays a role in it since that's old and ancient.

25. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    30-40 years either side I can understand, 100-200 years not so much.

Exegol needs a rather massive amount of expansion.