main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Comics Tales of the Jedi

Discussion in 'Literature' started by TheNewEmpire, Aug 22, 2018.

1. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    I love, love, love the aesthetic of these books and remain disappointed in KotOR's production design choices.

2. Tython Awakening

Tython Awakening Force Ghost star 4

Oct 12, 2017
    You've got to give Gav and Jori Daragon a chance. Imagine being a hyperspace explorer during that era. :)

There are Jedi characters and Sith characters for everyone.

AusStig likes this.
  3. Jedi Knight88

Jedi Knight88 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2018
    I defintly will be reading these as soon as I can get my hands on them. THANKS FOR THE INFO!!!

kalzeth and darklordoftech like this.
  4. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    I'm not too fussed* but, at the same time, I'll never really understand why BioWare didn't shift KotOR to a new time period once they decided against using Vima Sunrider in the Bastila role. There was no need for it to be set only forty years after TotJ.

Hell, and I've said this before, they had the opportunity to set it in 2,000 BBY and have Revan in the role of "first of the New Sith" that eventually went to Darth Ruin.

It'd have been kind of fun/cool for the "New Sith" to begin and end with people who ultimately rejected the dark side.

* Not including Obsidian's choice to replace Basilisk war droids because they "looked dumb". SMH.

5. Jedi Knight88

Sep 4, 2018
    You make some good points.

darklordoftech likes this.
  6. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I've always said this too. This way, things like the Darth title and red lightsabers could have a clear origin and there wouldn't be such sudden technological progress. They could even have made the Star Forge a Kunite invention and made Vitiate a Kunite and the inventor of the Star Forge if they wanted to.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2018
  7. TheNewEmpire

TheNewEmpire Jedi Master star 3

Aug 12, 2007

The story suddenly picked up when they landed on Korriban.

8. Tython Awakening

Tython Awakening Force Ghost star 4

Oct 12, 2017
    Seems like you are reading Golden Age of the Sith. I found the parts on the siblings better on a re-read. Issue #0 and Issue #1 have lots of drama for the siblings. They had to gamble everything and look what they got with those hyperspace coordinates. Their story gets over-extended in some parts but so does the Ludo/Sadow rivalry.

9. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    In light of TOR, I wonder if Vitiate pulled the Starbreaker towards Korriban.

AusStig, DarthJaceus and kalzeth like this.
  10. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016
    I try to completely separate SWTOR from everything else in Legends. There was no Vitiate when TOTJ was written either, so no he did not.

Slater, Nom von Anor, Xammer and 2 others like this.
  11. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Interestingly, TOTJ never says that Korriban was the homeworld of the Sith species, so if KOTOR made the Star Forge something that the Sith species created before the Jedi Exiles, they could have said that Korriban was just the only Sith species colony that the Jedi Exiles knew about and that Lehon is another colony where the Sith species still thrives.

AusStig and Tython Awakening like this.
  12. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    Agree.

I still think it's a shame that the timing didn't work out for this to be a Legacy era game, which I think ultimately would have been more accessible to people.
    The Mandalorian gangster dude in the PS2 version of TFU used a Basilisk, though, so I guess they weren't totally gone in Legends.

13. Jedi Knight88

Sep 4, 2018
    I didn't play much PS2 so I didn't get to see that so I'll just trust and believe you

14. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    His name was Chop'aa Notimo. Here's his basilisk.

[​IMG]

MercenaryAce, kalzeth, Gamiel and 2 others like this.
  15. Jedi Knight88

Sep 4, 2018
    THANKS!!! I appreciate the info.

16. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Legacy era (KO)TOR would certainly be interesting. That would solve any issues with technology and the TOR Sith Empire resembling the Galactic Empire. If they did that, I wonder how the Old Republic era would have been developed.

17. Jedi Knight88

Sep 4, 2018
    You bring some good points up>

18. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Thank you. I've thought about these things long and hard. I always felt that the Sith species was underused in the Legends EU. I think they should have stayed around until 1000 BBY.

AusStig, PimpBacca and kalzeth like this.
  19. Jedi Knight88

Sep 4, 2018
    good point.... The sith species would defintly make things more interesting.

20. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    It also would have been cool if Darth Maul was related to the Sith species.

Tython Awakening likes this.
  21. Jedi Knight88

Sep 4, 2018
    Ohhhhhhhhhhh I never thought of that you are a genius^:)^

22. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Maul has red skin, he uses the same type of lightsaber as Exar Kun (who commanded the Massassi), and he wants revenge (a genocide against his species would explain why).

Tython Awakening likes this.
  23. Jedi Knight88

Sep 4, 2018
    Yes he does use the double bladed saber like exar kun I always wondered where he got the holocron though.

24. Dr. Steve Brule

Dr. Steve Brule Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 7, 2012
    When I first saw TPM in theaters back in 1999, I had been out of the EU for a few years but still remembered Tales of the Jedi enough that, when Maul revealed his lightsaber on Naboo, my immediate thought it was supposed to be a big reveal that Darth Maul actually was Exar Kun.

I think Michael Reeves in Shadow Hunter was the first one to make the explicit connection between Maul and Exar's lightsabers.

25. Jedi Knight88

Sep 4, 2018
    Thanks I will have to go read shadow hunter again.

kalzeth likes this.