main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tap Cafe XIV

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by CrazyMike, Jun 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tim_In_CT

Tim_In_CT Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 2, 2002
    Morning Les,

McChewies? As in McDonald Chewbacca's?

<-N00b about these things. (Well, about a lot of things actually). ;)

2. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    It refers to the Ralph McQuarrie Concept figures. So far we've had a McStorme, McFett, and a McChewie. And so far I've found them first at Sainsburys. You got me a couple of the Fetts as well.

Edit - and I can report my first Christmas item sighting. Sainsburys had the chocolate Advent Calendars out this morning. Dr Who and the Simpsons were well-represented but no Star Wars.

3. CrazyMike

CrazyMike Former Mod & RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 4, 2000
    Good morning Les and Tim :) Christmas merchandising is getting earlier and earlier every year Les. Right now Halloween merchandise is appearing everywhere. I had a several calls overnight so I am working from home today.
    A while back when I ordered the MR Boba helmet from Entertainment Earth I was rather shocked to see how much the shipping and handling was:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Item#, Quantity, Product Name, Price, Extended Price, Shipping Status
    MRSW156LE, 1, Star Wars Boba Fett Limited Edition Helmet Replica, $449.99, $449.99, December 2007

Subtotal: $449.99
    Shipping & Processing: $121.50 (USPS PRIORITY MAIL TO CANADA) Order Total: $571.49

So last night I thought about ordering it from the Master Replicas website:

Boba Fett EpV Helmet Limited Edition $449.00 x(1) $449.00

Merchandise Subtotal: $449.00
    Shipping: ( Master Replicas DHL International ) $21.38
    Sales Tax: $0.00
    Subtotal: $470.38
    Order Total: $470.38

$100.11 difference in the price !!!!

4. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    That's quite a difference, Mike!

5. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    Hi Les, I got half of the stylesheet up :)

6. JED1

JED1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 1998
    Wow the page looks great!

Morning all, back from Amsterdam and ready to get back into the swing of things! yeah right! lol!

Have a great day everyone!

7. Tim_In_CT

Dec 2, 2002
    Good Morning all, Hmmm the page looks different. ;)

Hi George, glad your travels have brought you home safely. How have you been?

Mike: I hate the prices they charge to ship to the UK, and then on top of that they hit Leslie with Customs charges for a gift! :mad: Grrrr.

8. JED1

Dec 16, 1998
    Doing good Tim, thankyou! I'm off again on 1st October as well! Sunny New Jersey this time! purely on vacation though so looking forward to that! :)

9. Tim_In_CT

Dec 2, 2002
    Must be nice. ;) Sunny? Not right now. Rainy, and by the end of the week we might be in the 30F's.

Remember pack nothing so you can buy everything here with that strong currency. [face_laugh]

I've got to schedule some time after work is done with a bit of a re-org. Mainly the paper type, but I don't want to be out of the loop, just in case. lol

10. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    Good morning guys, duty charges can be absolutely insane when shipping to the UK Tim. The really strange thing is that when I buy items from the US I sometimes get charged one time for items and a few weeks later I purchase a more expensive item and I do not get charged duty [face_thinking]

I want to thank Matt aka Lord Tice for his banner. It looks great Matt and it is very easy to see that you have great skills. It is the tightest banner that we have had on the Collecting forum to date. All the parts of the banner come together perfectly :)

11. Tim_In_CT

Dec 2, 2002
    Morning Mike.

It's really hit and miss. I'm sure they just sort the packages with the eenie-meenie-miney-moe method. My thought: I hope they don't use the same method for drugs or guns.

BTW: I like the Blue effect.

12. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Hey the new banner looks great, Mike. You just need to get it on the post page now as well.

One thing we need to do is slow down the scrolling marquee a little. It's actually giving me a headache looking at it with the new banner.

13. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    I will slow the scroll down Les. Actually if you do a properties on the banner images on the post page it says http://www1.theforce.net/JC/images/collectingjune2005/left.jpg.

I do not have access the to TFN servers. You should be able to update it Les.

I just slowed doen the scroll Les. How does it look now.

14. Tim_In_CT

Dec 2, 2002
    Good morning Les,

Now that you draw my attention to it, I think it might be the bright red looks like it's stuttering across the page. How about one space between the letters to stretch it out, maybe smooth it?

Just guessing here.

15. JED1

Dec 16, 1998
    I'm only packing half a case Tim and hopefully bringing back a full one! Old Navy here I came! lol!

Mike,I think the red of the scrolling banner is the problem! it's quite painful to look at on the blue background, maybe the old yellow would be better! :p

EDIT! Great minds think alike Tim! you beat me to it on the banner colour! [face_laugh] !

16. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    I was also thinking the same thing about the yellow. How does it look now.

17. Tim_In_CT

Dec 2, 2002
    I think it's better, still stutters, but I doubt if it makes headaches. I'm not sure if it's the contrast or motion that causes the reaction.

Edit: It's my time to turnover. Catch everyone later!

18. JED1

Dec 16, 1998
    Much better, Mike, definately not so headachy (is that a word? )

19. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Yeah, the yellow looks better. I think it might have been the red that was the problem.

20. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    The banner has been completely set up now. Thanks Les :D

21. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    No problem, Mike!

22. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    Just wanted to say nice job to whoever made the new banner. It looks fantastic :D.

23. JED1

Dec 16, 1998
    Good Morrow fair collectors! :)

24. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Morning all! You have Lord-Tice to thank for the new banner. He premiered it a few pages back in the Cafe. He did a good job!

25. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    Good morning everyone :) I am counting down to the weekend after another rough week of work. They all seem to be rough these days :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.