main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tap Cafe XIV

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by CrazyMike, Jun 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CrazyMike

CrazyMike Former Mod & RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 4, 2000
    Everything went ok Les but my computer operators almost created a major problem :) I am heading off to bed. I will be back in a few hours.

2. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Morning all. It started out very wet here but the rain has stopped and the sun is out. I'm going to wander into town after lunch as I need a few things. Hopefully we won't get any heavy showers!

3. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    Good morning Les. We have had some great weather out here for the last several days with warmer than normal temperatures. Halo 3 is on sale tomorrow. Jeannette and I are huge Halo fans so we will be picking it up first thing in the morning. I am taking a vacation day that I scheduled over 2 months ago when I heard the official release date of the game. The reviews thus far are saying that Halo 3 lives up to all the hype the game has being receiving for the last several months.

4. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I hope it's good, Mike. I've read the Halo novels (after JED1 recommended them). They're not bad. I haven't played any of the games though as they aren't on PS2.

5. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    I am really looking forward to it Les :) It was another insane day at work. I think that I must have put in 16 hours today. I am looking forward to having the day off tomorrow.

6. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Morning all. I went to Sainsburys first thing. Nothing new - just a few Vaders, Biggs, and McChewies warming the small shelf. It's a nice day so far but chilly - low 60s F with a cold breeze. Right now it's just partly cloudy but there are showers and possible t-storms forecast for the afternoon. It's supposed to get colder after that with the wind shifting around to come from the north. Autumn is here!

7. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    Good morning everyone :) The heatwave continues out here as we are expected to break a 60 year record when the mercury hits 31C ( 88F ) with the humidity it will be about 40C. It is officially Halo day at the Seers - Struys residence. We are heading out in mere minutes to pick it up from our local Best Buy store.

8. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Ao I guess we'll see you back online sometime tomorrow then, Mike? It isn't out here until tomorrow. There's going to be a big premiere 'do' tonight up in London at the Imax.

9. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    Well Jeannette and I have been playing Halo III for most of the day. We love it and give it the thumbs up :)

10. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I'm glad it's good, Mike. I imagine quite a few people are hitting the game stores here today to get it.

Morning all - cloudy and chilly here with showers forecast for later. It really feels like autumn here. The wind is from the north and is making it feel cold.

By the way, Mike - Canada tied against Japan yesterday in the Rugby World Cup. Final score was 12-12. They were leading for most of it until Japan scored at the very end. Canada's final group game is Saturday against Australia.

11. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    Good morning everyone, Les I believe that is one of the only times that Canada has not lost a game in several years. It is another hellish day here at work. I have 3 hours of conference calls this afternoon. The only good thing is that I will able to take them from home. It is almost time to start up another CAFE.

12. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Well, you know I leave that up to you, Mike.

13. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    I will get a new one up and running on Friday evening.

14. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Morning all. It's sunny but chilly here. I had the heat on last night for the first time since last winter. We're supposed to get showers later.

15. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    Good morning everyone, Les we are still having warmer than normal weather out here. It appears that Jeannete has been approved for immigration to Canada. She will get more details next week. There is even the chance that she might be completely approved. I will leave that for her to explain. In any event she will be able to apply for a work permit.

16. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    That's great news, Mike. I bet she is happy!

17. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    She is very happy Les :) It has been a long wait for the poor young lady.

18. AmberStarbright

AmberStarbright Jedi Grand Master star 7

Dec 20, 2002
    I'll be happier when the letter gets here ;)

I'm not quite sure what they have approved whether it is the first stage or the whole thing because when I log onto the gov website it first has a link saying decision made where before it was processing. And yesterday it updated to include in my information
    "Medical results have been received.

We sent you a letter on September 25, 2007 to [our address] about approval in principle for you to become a Permanent Resident of Canada. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We sent you a letter on September 25, 2007 to [our address] about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us."

The decision made on the application normally just means they decided on something but seems a bit weird for them to have sent 2 letters on the same day and my status being updated to decision made rather than in process, or at least it does to me. I spent an hour or so reading other timeline last night and others only had one decision made which was the final decision. Plus a guy who has pretty much the same timeline as me was called for an interview a week or so back and the immigration officer hinted that if they had his medicals he would be granted PR status and the government has my medicals. So either they are kicking me out :p, approving the first stage or approving me altogether :)

19. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Well, hopefully it is the latter option!

20. AmberStarbright

AmberStarbright Jedi Grand Master star 7

Dec 20, 2002
    That's what I am hoping for, that way I don't have to apply for a work permit. But does mean we're going to have to find about $500 as we planned for the work permit being sent in which is $150 so slight difference in price. On the plus side of not having to do a work permit is saving money in the long run, not having to get two different social insurance numbers, being able to actually go outside of Canada and getting a health card.

21. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    The $500 will not be a problem... I hope :)

22. DaDarth

DaDarth Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2002
    Hello everyone. Just checking in.
    I have played the other 2 Halo games to completion and I can't wait to check 3 out!
    I might have to check out the books.

23. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Morning all. Cloudy and chilly here with rain forecast for later.
    The Halo books are pretty good, and I went into them being familiar with the game but never having played it. There were three that came out awhile back and a fourth that was released fairly recently. A good sci-fi section should at least have the latest one if not all 4. (Amazon would probably have them). They would either be mixed in with the Warhammer and other gaming novels or in the Star Wars/Star Trek section. (I've seen both in local bookshops).

24. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    Good morning everyone TGIF !!!! The Banner page looks great Les :) How are you and the family doing Jim. How has your career been going. I remember the last time you were talking about changing from sales back to the healthcare side of the industry.

Les I actually had a quiet evening and did not get one call. That is two days in a row now :) I have a very busy weekend coming up so I guess it is the calm before the storm.

25. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I'm glad you got a quiet evening, Mike. You have more server work this weekend?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.