main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Telos IV Mission Log by Knight Kenobi - Dear Diary Challenge 2009/ Updated 07/23

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Seremela, Jan 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Seremela

Seremela Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 12, 2008
    Title: Telos IV Mission Log
    Author: Seremela
    Characters: Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon, some Xanatos and Bruck
    Note: For the Dear diary challenge 2009.

[b]Telos IV mission log[/b]
    By Knight Kenobi

------------------------------------------------------------------------
    [i]Log date 06/12 RR; log time 15.13 hours, Coruscant time
    Log reset to Telos time: 01/04 RR; time 7.46 hours, pre-dawn[/i]
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------

Landed on Telos IV about an hour ago, coordinates of the landing place: 57.462681/-4.21875.

Craft looks convincingly as if it crashed. Have disabled both the comm and the ion engines. I?m using the short time until first light to start this mission log, as required by my master. She said it was something asked of every knight on their first solo mission.

I?m positive that little idea really comes from master Yoda. He came with my master to see me off and when she had said her farewells, he was the one who said he would check if I had used this log recorder, not master Billapa. One of the things I love about her, is how she always minds my privacy. Master Yoda could learn something from her in that regard, that old *voice erased*

He just might check this out for real, I wouldn?t put it past him.

Anyway, he also gave me this speech about how lonely a first solo mission can be. How as a padawan I always had my master to confide in and on my first missions as a knight I had other Jedi around. That I would have to get used to not having anyone to talk to confidentially and that that isn?t as easy as I might think. So knights on their first solo missions are required to keep a personal log.

Right. Required, as in ?ordered? that is. Just spiffy.

They could have sent me to the capital of Telos if they?re afraid I get lonely. Plenty of people there. But no, Bruck got that part of the mission. Only because his father is the treasurer of Telos? mysterious ruler. For that he gets to be where the real action is. He is the one who will be able to find out what kind of person this ruler is and if he really is the beneficiary of Telos the people here think he is. Except for those who have finally managed to get a cry for help to the Senate of course. I?m the one who?s got to try and find them. With strict orders about avoiding a political scandal; Telos is too strategically important for that.

And the Council sent in Bruck anyway. I know they?re supposed to be the wisest of the Jedi, but still? it?s a good thing my Master had become a part of them recently is all I?m saying. I mean, Bruck!

Light enough by now to start walking, so I better get going. I?m kliks away from any settlement.

2. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Hmm, looks interesting!

3. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Very nice beginning

Poor Obi - forced to keep a diary! I'm sure it will make for entertaining reading, though.

Master Yoda could learn something from her in that regard, that old *voice erased*

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Knowing Yoda, check the diary he will :p

Wise, young Kenobi is for erasing that part.

If you have a PM list for this, please add me

Looking forward to more

=D= =D= =D= =D=

4. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Please add me to your PM list. I can already tell I'm going to like this one! :D

=D=

5. Seremela

Jul 12, 2008
    NYCitygurl: I hope it turns out to stay interesting! :D

KELIA: Thanks, Kelia! Yep, I thought a young man might have some issues with keeping a 'dear diary'. And I wouldn't put it past Yoda to truly check.[face_laugh] I'm honored to pm you about updates.

VaderLVR64: I'll be honored to pm you! I hope you'll truly like what will be coming [face_blush]

[i]------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Log date 01/06 RR; log time 20.14 hours, Telos time
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------[/i]

With nothing to do but stare into the flames of my campfire, I guess this log is good for something after all. It?s either update it or meditate again. Since my master and Master Yoda made it clear that updating is my duty, I guess I?ll do just that.

Sooo... what to report about the last two days except that I walked? From dawn ?til dusk I might add and now I can vouch for the fact that Telos truly is a beautiful planet, at least this part is. Mountain meadows, vast forests and wildlife everywhere. It?s just not the kind of life I?m looking for. But hopefully that will change tomorrow. I?m out of the mountains by now and in the hill country. I should reach the village I scanned from the ship sometime tomorrow. Hopefully things will get more interesting then and I can start to do what I?m sent here for, gather information.

And get some real food. I swear, these travel rations are made with one purpose in mind only: how to make them as tasteless as possible. I guess the developers had hoped to make them edible for many different species, with the opposite result. The only one I know who likes this stuff is Master Yaddle. Which didn?t surprise me at all when I found out; I?ve tasted her cooking once.

Log date 01/07 RR; log time 20.46 hours, Telos time

To think there was a time I actually liked camping. My only excuse is that I was a kid, what did I know except for the Temple field trips? With tents, warm sleeping bags, those nice self-inflating mattresses and all my friends around?

It just isn?t the same when you?re huddled before a small fire that?s more smoke than flames, all wet and trying not to shiver the bones right out of your body.

Force, I miss my Jedi robe. This black leather duster may look good, it?s not half as warm and comfy.

The worst thing is that I shouldn?t have to camp right now, I should have reached the village today. I?m afraid I miscalculated; only a few inches off at the start of my journey would have been enough to lead me right past it without me ever noticing, not even through the Force.

6. KELIA

Jul 26, 2005
    Poor Obi!

I would hate to be out there in the wilderness with no inflatable mattress or friends either.

The worst thing is that I shouldn?t have to camp right now

Uh oh!

I hope he isn't too lost

[face_worried] [face_worried] [face_worried] [face_worried]

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

7. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    And get some real food. I swear, these travel rations are made with one purpose in mind only: how to make them as tasteless as possible. I guess the developers had hoped to make them edible for many different species, with the opposite result. The only one I know who likes this stuff is Master Yaddle. Which didn?t surprise me at all when I found out; I?ve tasted her cooking once.

[face_laugh] Poor Yaddle and Yoda, always getting their menus dissed! :p

=D=

8. Seremela

Jul 12, 2008
    KELIA: Thank you very much, glad you liked. And nope, I wouldn't want to camp that way either.... As for Obi-Wan being lost, more on that in the next part :).

VaderLVR64: Thank you! :) And I'm afraid I just couldn't resist the food dissing :D

Log date 01/08 RR; log time 20.22 hours, Telos time

Camping again. But this time it?s my own choice. I did find the village, right where it should be on the route I set out to the lower lands, it just took me longer to get there than I expected.

I better not tell Garen. He?s been teasing me enough about how I?ve gotten soft since my master joined the Council and we hardly went on missions anymore. I still whip his ass every time we spar, so I never thought much about it, but now it looks like he might have had a point. I do work out besides sparring and kata lessons, it?s just not the same as being in the field day in, day out. Of course I?ve been running errands for the Council, but that doesn?t involve much physical activity, only a lot of time. Going to senate meetings definitely was the worst.

Well, I?m a knight now. Other padawans can do that [i]*erased words*[/i]

As for the village, its inhabitants were scared of me. No, it would be more accurate to say they were downright terrified. They didn?t believe a thing I said about crashing on their planet and needing some help. All they wanted was for me to leave. It felt wrong to stay with so much fear around, so I left and here I am besides a fire again. They did sell me some real food, plus the rain has stopped, which makes camping not too bad this night. Maybe I?m getting used to it.

The main thing about the village is something that didn?t hit me until I was already an hour away and had crossed their fields. I haven?t seen any men there, not in the village itself and not on those fields, except for old men and some young boys, pre-teens. And thinking about it now, all the younger women I saw were plain. Siri would kick me for saying this, but the only ones were women you usually don?t give a second look when a man wants to... [i]*sound of throat clearing*[/i]... ehm, well, you know... [i]*coughing*[/i]

I?m sure it wasn?t because those people were hidden away. They didn?t have the time for that, I came upon them pretty unexpected. It makes me think there is something more going on than oppression of the people in the hinterlands. Actually, it makes me think ?slavery?. Force, I hope I?m wrong. I hate slavery. It?s vile and I?ll never understand why we don?t do more against it, politics be damned. And I?m not going to erase that, let the whole Council know. Maybe it would finally get them to think about fighting it.

I better meditate before I try to sleep.

9. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    I love him bringing Garen and Siri into his thought processes - :D

Loved the way you, ahem, brought in the absence of pretty women, when, you know - clears throat. [face_laugh]

10. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    I?m sure it wasn?t because those people were hidden away. They didn?t have the time for that, I came upon them pretty unexpected. It makes me think there is something more going on than oppression of the people in the hinterlands. Actually, it makes me think ?slavery?. Force, I hope I?m wrong. I hate slavery. It?s vile and I?ll never understand why we don?t do more against it, politics be damned. And I?m not going to erase that, let the whole Council know. Maybe it would finally get them to think about fighting it.

I'm with Obi on this one! =D=

11. KELIA

Jul 26, 2005
    It makes me think there is something more going on than oppression of the people in the hinterlands.

Uh oh!

It's never good when there appears to be more going on than what can be seen.

I'm glad Obi-Wan is able to recognize that, though now I'm more worried about him than ever considering he's young, healthy male.

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

12. Seremela

Jul 12, 2008
    Valairy_Scot: Thanks! Heh, I have this image of a very determined young man duty-wise, but with women and stuff... [face_laugh]

VaderLVR64: Me too! It's one thing I find difficult about the Saga, how Lucas brought slavery into the story and then somehow let it slide as not important :(. Thanks for reading!

KELIA: Thank you :) And well, worry might very well be in order [face_worried]

Log date 01/13 RR; log time 20.22 hours, Telos time
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------- [/i]

I?ve been walking for days now and have visited three more villages. Their inhabitants weren?t as cowed as those in the first village and at least their populations seemed intact, although they live poorer than you?d expect on a rich planet like this. But when I tried to get more information about how things go in their daily life they became very evasive. And even the slightest steering of a conversation into the direction of Telos? government was enough to have everyone leave for all kinds of chores they suddenly remembered.

It?s been my experience that most beings love to go off about politics, but not here. Except for some very bad feelings, and a sense of something dark when I meditate, I know as much now as I did when I landed. At this rate I?ll be an old man and Bruck already a master before I ever find out something! [i]*a snort*[/i] How he?d love that.

There?s something else as well. When I?m walking, with my senses open to my surroundings as my Master taught me, I experience something odd, like a... a kind of pull. It feels as if there?s something calling out to me and it?s not coming from the direction I?m going. Today it was very strong.

I wonder if it?s the Force, trying to tell me something....

[i]*sound of crackling flames and a soft, fluting call at regular intervals*[/i]

[i]*throat being cleared*[/i]

Okay, I?m going to do it, I?m going to veer off my established route to the Capital. I don?t think I?ll accomplish much, unless I?m trying something else, so I?ll heed that call I?ve been feeling. I just wish there was some way to communicate with the Temple and run this by my Master and the Council first. But they were adamant. No communication, unless it?s a very dire emergency. The chances of Telos security picking it up are too high and they don?t want them alerted that there?s someone else on their planet besides Bruck. Yoda made that abundantly clear for at least the fifth time just before I left.

I wonder, would that be why he wanted me on this mission, because I can?t consult them first before taking a decision? He has told me on several occasions that I should follow my instincts more and the Council?s advice a bit less. Funny how he tells Siri just the opposite.

No, I passed my trials and if they gave me this mission, it?s because they trust I can do it.

Still, it?s Yoda I?m talking about here. He just loves to keep pushing everyone into what he considers lessons. I mean, only a month ago he somehow managed to get Master Windu on crèche duty! I?m sure I wasn?t the only one who for some reason just had to pass by the crèche that day.

13. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    Still, it?s Yoda I?m talking about here. He just loves to keep pushing everyone into what he considers lessons. I mean, only a month ago he somehow managed to get Master Windu on creche duty! I?m sure I wasn?t the only one who for some reason just had to pass by the creche that day.

[face_laugh] I'd do the same thing! ;)

=D=

14. KELIA

Jul 26, 2005
    I mean, only a month ago he somehow managed to get Master Windu on creche duty!

[face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh]

Nice to see Yoda still has a few tricks up his sleeve!

I'm glad Obi is going to trust his instincts...sometimes it's the best thing you can do.

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

15. XANl

XANl Jedi Youngling star 1

May 1, 2006
    Just the thought of Master Windu
    trying to play with blocks or sitting on the floor with a group of
    small younglings, makes me smile.;)
    But the thought of Obi Wan eying up the ladies from the first
    village!! and rating them, assuming that they are hiding
    the cute girls, is worth a grin. [face_laugh]

16. Seremela

Jul 12, 2008
    VaderLVR64: [face_laugh] Me too! The image just popped up in my head of stern, stoic Master Windu on his knees between the little ones and I just had to put it in :D
    Thanks for reading!

KELIA: Thank you!!!! And we'll have to see if Obi-Wan is also happy that he trust his instincts [face_skull]

XANl: Glad it made you grin! I just love the idea of Obi-Wan being a bit embarrassed about - ahem - reporting it in his log [face_whistling]

A short one for now, but the next one will be much longer.

[i]
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Log date 01/17 RR; log time 23.47 hours, Telos time
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------

*very softly whispering voice* [/i]

The Force has led me true, I guess. I?m with the rebels all right, although not exactly the way I would have chosen. They haven?t killed me yet, because I managed to save one of them. They?re even sort of nice and courteous and haven?t tied me up or anything, but they clearly don?t trust me and regard me their prisoner. They won?t let me out of their sight for instance, one is watching me right now. Not that he can see more in Telos' blasted dark than a lump in a blanket. They also went through my pack and took my comm, my homing device for the ship, my blaster and my knives. Luckily they didn?t find my saber in it?s hidden compartment. And they didn?t recognize this log. One was eyeing it and obviously coveted it, but I told them it?s a religious pendant, a sacred object I pray to. They bought it for now and left it alone.

For the moment I?m letting them keep me prisoner, since this seems the best way to gather informa.....

My guard is coming this way. I?ll record all that happened at a later time, when it?s safe.

17. KELIA

Jul 26, 2005
    I'm glad Obi-Wan managed to save one of the Rebels.

I shudder to think what would have happened if he hadn't.

For the moment I?m letting them keep me prisoner, since this seems the best way to gather informa.....

I agree. I just hope the guard doesn't realize Obi-Wan was writing instead of praying

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

18. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    Be careful Obi! [face_worried]

=D=

19. Seremela

Jul 12, 2008
    KELIA: Thanks, I'm glad you liked this part even if it was small! And yes, it's certainly good he rescued one of them, ahem, even better than you might think :D By the way, I try and make this come over as a spoken log, not written, it seemed more fitting with the technology in Star Wars. I guess I better look through the entrances and see if I can make that clearer :p

VaderLVR64: Very careful...[face_devil] Thank you for reading!

The next part is a lot longer :)

Log date 01/18 RR; log time 22.04 hours, Telos time

We?ve arrived at the rebel?s destination today and luckily they?ve given me a room of my own, so I have some privacy to start this log back up. The room is in one of the few buildings with an upper floor, which means it?s not as easy to disappear from as from one of the other small buildings around. Yes, they?re still keeping an eye on me, but at least I?m not thrown into a dungeon or anything. Not that they have dungeons here. I?m not at some old type of stronghold or anything, nope, we ended up at a farm of all places; a combined human/Ithorian farm.

So far everybody has been very polite. I think they are impressed with my healing skills, which is actually kind of sad. I?m not that good and Telos is supposed to be a high developed planet, but there?s nothing of that out here in the hinterlands. A good thing my master was so adamant I learned all the basic field skills of healing and treating wounds, or I would have lost my patient.

Wouldn?t that have been something, to lose him just after I found him? I still can?t believe I?ve saved? [i]*small chuckle*[/i] I guess you could say I?ve saved the life of a dead man. As it turns out Master Dooku was right after all, his former padawan Master Qui-Gon Jinn isn?t dead. He?s not well right now, but he?s certainly not dead! I can?t wait to tell the Council. Rules or not, one of my priorities now is to find a comm and contact them. He needs to get back to Coruscant.

[i]*rustling of sheets*[/i]

These pillows are great! From now on I?ll love every bed that?s assigned to me, I swear. Anyway, I guess I better record what?s happened so far. Oh, and I?m keeping this log in High Galactic from now on. I don?t think anyone speaks it here, so if somebody should hear me talk to this nice pendant, it will make him or her none the wiser. And even better, it sure sounds like praying when I use it in the stilted way some of the court elite like to speak it.

[i]*more rustling and a grunt of satisfaction*[/i]

Okay, where to start? I guess with the force nudges I felt a couple of days ago, which I decided to follow. I was right, they did lead me to some of the rebels, but as it turned out that?s not what those nudges were about. When I drew closer, I began to realize that I was picking up the broadcasting of someone, someone in pain. Eventually I came upon a group of men just when it had gotten dark and eh? [i]*cough*[/i] I?m afraid I got a little carried away with what I was sensing through the force, so?

Okay, I got stupid, I was too busy trying to find out who was sending those strong waves through the force and I ended up with a blaster in my ear. There. It?s out. I guess I could have broken free, but the man told me to go down into the clearing where the others were and since that?s where I wanted to go anyway I thought I?d play along.

I know, Master, you?re scowling at this log right now and thinking about all the warnings you gave me about letting yourself get captured, but it felt right to me. It really did. And it was, because the person broadcasting was definitely there and he needed help fast. It was a tall man lying beside a small fire and there was way too much blood. I could feel the despair of the people around him, a feeling as if they had given up on him and, well, I just grabbed my pack from the one who had captured me

20. KELIA

Jul 26, 2005
    He?s lost his memory.

Oh no!

I'm relieved Obi-Wan found him, though, and was able to save his life.

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

21. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    From what I?ve seen of those troops they seem to be made up mostly out of mercenaries. I don?t like that one bit. In fact, I don?t like what I?ve been seeing here so far at all. I wonder what Bruck will discover?

Anyway, when it got light we hid in a cave and I could tend to my patient again. That?s when I finally realized who he was. Master Qui-Gon Jinn, who disappeared almost eleven years ago. I still can?t believe it. And I still don?t know what happened to him, but I do know why he never contacted anyone. He?s lost his memory.

I hear someone up the stairs. Better pretend I?m asleep, more tomorrow.

Looking forward to more! =D=

22. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    Qui-Gon lost his memory? Not good for him at all. But somehow Obi-Wan has found him to care for him....must be the will of the Force. ;)

I wonder if Qui-Gon is here with his memory lost then no one will discover that kid on Tatooine and the whole Jedi Order won't be wiped out by Vader? But Sidious would still be out there; darn.

23. jazjediundercover

jazjediundercover Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 26, 2008
    I like this one! Put me on the PM list please!

24. Seremela

Jul 12, 2008
    KELIA: :) Thanks, glad you liked. Yup, memory loss and he's certainly very fortunate Obi-Wan passed by when he did :D

VaderLVR64: Thank you!!! More here, and the update *should* go better now that the WWTF challenge has ended [face_whistling]

ardavenport: Yup, must be the will of the force! ;) As for Sidious, who knows? *cough*

jazjediundercover: Glad you liked, thanks. And I'll be happy to pm you with updates :)

Log date 01/21 RR; log time 05.26 hours, Telos time

I can?t believe it! They actually have this huge bell or something that starts banging away at five, FIVE in the morning to wake everybody! Is that normal for farm life? I mean, really? that?s worse than I ever imagined ending up in Agri Corps could be. I managed to fall asleep again after the noise stopped, but they just rang it a second time. So here I am, wide awake, and it?s not even light outside.

I?m going to take another hot shower to wake my body up as much as my mind is, find me some Kla or whatever drinks they serve here and check on Master Jinn. He was doing better when I left him yesterday evening in their awfully inadequate med facility. It?s only a small room with two beds and a closet that doesn?t hold much more than what we have in our field kits. At least there was bacta and, even better, plasma for a transfusion to compensate the blood he lost, so he should be doing better by now.

Log date 01/21 RR; log time 21.00 hours, Telos time

[i]*sheets rustling, a deep groan*[/i]

What a day! I was right to have nightmares about the Agri Corps when I was still an initiate. If Bruck ever finds out I ended up on a farm here, doing farm work, he would die from laughter.

[i]*low moan, the creaking of a bed*[/i]

I may be well trained, but right now I?m feeling muscles I didn?t even know I had. Planting sprouts is a back killer, I can tell you. Unfortunately I had no real reason to turn them down when they asked me to help. Master Jinn was doing a lot better and they assured me someone would look in on him from time to time. In the fields I saw everybody was helping, even the young and very old. They told me bad weather?s coming and the sprouts needed to be in the ground before that, so everybody had to pitch in. I asked why they didn?t have droids to do it and I learned two things from that. First, these people don?t have the money for more specialized equipment despite being one of the biggest farm communities on Telos, which just doesn?t add up. And second, I better be very careful about asking stuff, because I ended up learning more about farm droids, the difficulty of getting spare parts, the fragility of good soil and why most droids just don?t add up to the work anyway than I ever wanted to know.

When I finally got back to the med facility to check on Master Jinn, he told Andra?.

Blast it, I haven?t mentioned Andra yet and I really should have. Things were so hectic these past few days that I?m making a total mess of this blog. Andra is the owner of the farm and leader of this community. But I think she?s also one of the major leaders in the rebellion. When we arrived here yesterday she interrogated me and afterwards I felt her eyes on me wherever I went. I don?t think she trusts my cover story about crash landing and being a smuggler, but luckily she doesn?t seem the type who kills people on a suspicion alone. So I think I?m safe for now.

Anyway, at the end of the day she came with me to see how Master Jinn was doing and Jinn told her that he was sorry he had missed the planting. About the first thing he said, I swear! He sounded like he meant it too. Not that I should be surprised about that, I guess. I?ve never fo

25. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    The mystery deepens...yet a glimmer sparkles as well.

Poor Obi - woken up early and with sore muscles. I understand the feeling.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.