main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Temple Raid Aftermath

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by LordVader66, Dec 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    Coruscant was still under Imperial control at that point, so I'd imagine that some guy like Sate Pestage would've declared himself Emperor and taken over the throne room.

2. MayITakeYourOrder66

MayITakeYourOrder66 Jedi Youngling

Apr 14, 2005
    Yea you can see it back there, it looks relatively intact. Palps probably kept it intact because of the library and holocrons that were contained there. Also the ROTS novelization says that it was one of the highest concentrations of Force energy in the galaxy.

3. purpilian

purpilian Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 27, 2005
    I want to know how and why it was burning?

4. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    I don't recall the Temple being specifically mentioned in the New Republic era, but then agains, when ROTJ:SE came out there was no Temple in the background, although the ROTJ DVD shows it still standing, so I would think that Luke probably went there and visited the Temple Archives.

5. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    The Temple's on fire because the 501st probably used explosives to kill some of the Jedi. The Temple was never mentioned until "Enemy Lines I and II" which is part of the NJO books. Luke, Mara and Tahari go there and fight Lord Nyax. It was also featured in "Traitor", when Jacen and Vergere visit the ruins. Shortly after the Battle of Endor, Ysanne Isard and Sate Pestage learned that Luke had survived and figured that he would come for the Temple. They destroyed it to prevent him from getting it. It's theorized that it was destroyed by the Lusankya. Apparently Mon Mothma and Jan Dodonna figured it was already destroyed and all it's information was taken by Vader.

In "Dark Lord", Vader suspects that the Temple wasn't demolished right away to serve as a warning about the things that the Jedi had done. That they were traitors and could've seized the power for themselves, had it not been for the Shocktroopers.

6. brook_33

brook_33 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 2003
    There's a lot about the temple that Lucas didn't want to focus on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.