main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Asia Thailand

Discussion in 'Asia & Africa General Discussion' started by Sabacc, Jul 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sabacc

Sabacc Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    I'm a collector in the USA and my wife, who is Thai, will be visiting near Bangkok in November. Does anyone have any suggestions of places she might look to find me a Thai Star Wars collectible that I might not know about? Are there any items unique to Thailand that she should be looking for? To quote Jar Jar Binks, "Any help would be hot!" -Campbell

2. Darth_Meanders

Darth_Meanders Jedi Master star 5

May 23, 2004
    Hi Sabacc. I also have a Thai wife who tolerates my collecting ;)

On recent trips to Thailand she's found some knock-off figures which although non-licensed have some novelty value. A couple of years back I saw a stall in the Mah-Boon-Krong (sp?) selling some ordinary action figures. I also got some Ep IV-V-VI videos produced for the Thai local market with variations on the covers. I guess there would be similar DVDs now.

Other than that, don't know of any specific collectors places. Just need to keep your eyes open.

3. Sabacc

Sabacc Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    Thanks DM, and thanks for the PM to point me to this reply.

You've got it right when you say my wife tolerates the hobby. I take it pretty seriously and she's got no real love for Star Wars, but I'm pretty sure she'll keep her eyes open for something when she's there. Thanks for the ideas!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.