main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph That's Some Casting Director: "Catch Me If You Can" (2002)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Zaz, Jul 19, 2005.

1. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    Patriot games is a really good film, I even prefer some parts of it to the novel. It's also on my lists worth seeing just because of the "at least two hot guys in major parts"-factor. I even like it even if I thought that Ford's Ryan was too much of an action hero, I preferred Baldwin in Red October.

2. Jedi_Keiran_Halcyon

Jedi_Keiran_Halcyon Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 17, 2000
    Yeah, I like Patriot Games, but my Jack Ryan movie ranking is:

Clear and Present Danger
    The Hunt for Red October
    Patriot Games
    The Sum of All Fears.

3. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000

Well-Patriot Games is considerably more violent than Hunt For Red October ever could have been, really, just from the book-the scene where the terrorists blow away Cathy Ryan's Porsche on the highway, for example. Plus of course Harrison Ford doing in Sean Bean with a an anchor. :p

And Clear & Present Danger was an embarassment, really. Worst of the three, which is a shame, considering that it's a way better book than Patriot Games or Red October.

4. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    I haven't seen Sum of All fears, it was the book that got me to stop reading Clancy, even if I kept going for Executive Orders, but then I definitely stopped,

I can't really remember what I thought about Clear and Present Danger as a film, it's such a long time since I saw it.

I also remember reading about Without Remorse getting filmed in the '90s, but that seems to have stopped in development hell.

5. DarthBoba

Jun 29, 2000
    Eh, after the movie versions of C&PD and The Sum Of All Fears, I'm rather glad they haven't done any more.

6. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    I enjoyed them all; Red October is clearly the most cerebral and most awesome of the three. Patriot Games was fun, unpretentious, not interested in being much besides an action flick. Clear and Present Danger had some great moments. Well, I say, all. Of course, I didn't see Sum of All Fears.

7. DarthBoba

Jun 29, 2000
    Clear & Present Danger could've had alot more great moments, instead of feeling like Operation Showboat: Greatest Hits. :p

8. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998
    "Never So Few" directed by John Sturges in 1959.

The cast included: Frank Sinatra, Peter Lawford, Gina Lollabrigida, Paul Henreid, Steve McQueen, Richard Johnson, Charles Bronson, Dean Jones, Brian Donlevy, Whit Bissell, Kipp Hamilton, and in an uncredited bit, George Takei.

Sturges remembered McQueen, Bronson and Bissell when he was casting "The Magnificent Seven" the next year.

9. Nevermind

Nevermind Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 14, 2001
    "14 Hours" (1951) was shot in New York, which may be why it had so many people who became familiar later in the cast, which included:

Paul Douglas
    Richard Basehart
    Barbara Bel Geddes
    Debra Paget ...
    Agnes Moorehead ...
    Robert Keith ...
    Howard Da Silva ...
    Jeffrey Hunter ...
    Martin Gabel ...
    Grace Kelly ...
    Frank Faylen ...
    Jeff Corey ...
    Richard Beymer ...
    John Cassavetes ...
    Ossie Davis ...
    Brad Dexter ...
    Leif Erickson ...
    Brian Keith ...
    Harvey Lembeck ...
    John McGuire ...
    John Randolph ...
    Janice Rule ...
    Joyce Van Patten

10. Nevermind

Nevermind Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 14, 2001
    "Catch Me If You Can" (2002) has a cast which included Leonardo DiCaprio; Tom Hanks; Christopher Walken; Martin Sheen; Natalie Baye; James Brolin; and three young actresses that would shortly become more famous: Amy Adams, Jennifer Garner and Ellen Pompeo.