main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mod!Challenge The 2009 Dare Challenge: ** Dares posted!! **

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by VaderLVR64, Jan 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Obi-Gon_Skywalker

Obi-Gon_Skywalker Jedi Knight star 1

May 25, 2008
    You and me both, DarthIshtar.

2. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    dittos

:snoopy

3. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    UPDATE: All Dares for all eras have been sent! If you submitted a Dare but did not receive one in return, please let us know.

And I gotta say that I do not envy you guys/gals writing some of these. :eek: Dare-givers were EVIL this year! [face_devil]

Go for it, everyone! [face_mischief]

Details about Indexing and Judging to be announced soon.

4. Lolly_Tolly

Lolly_Tolly Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2008
    Just my luck to get a dare with a character I've never written before.... I don't even write school assignments with that many words.... lol It's going to be fun. :p

5. p_stotts

p_stotts Jedi Master star 4

Jan 21, 2001
    I've got my dare written already, believe it or not. That probably means it's not very good, but I can tinker with it a bit. My main question now is exactly where, when, and how do I post the finished product?

6. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    For the second year in a roll, I recieved a real angst-fest of a dare.

Hey, I'm not complaining. [face_devil] ;)

But I seriously can't wait to read these. [face_dancing]

~MJ@};-

7. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    I just have to say the Dare I got is AWESOME and I can't wait to get started, but I have to figure out who I'm going to use in it first. It's going to be a challenge but that is part of the fun! :D :D

8. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    My dare will be a challenge, but, in a way, it's a place I've been before...

9. TheMacUnleashed

TheMacUnleashed Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 2, 2009
    I need to decide just who I'm writing about, and just where it falls. The Saga is a big, big world...

10. Alexis_Wingstar

Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2006
    Well, the person who came up with my dare made the choice of characters and time range easy. I know who's gonna be in it, and what they'll be doing... it's the details I have to work out.

11. the_wandering_shadow

the_wandering_shadow Jedi Knight star 3

May 16, 2005
    I'm in the same boat, only it's two characters I've never written before (well, that's what I get for using OCs 99% of the time :p )

Then there's the genre...

Actually I'd guess I have one of the easiest dares out there; it's just not easy for me, that's all.

12. Kidan

Kidan TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 20, 2003
    you can say THAT again...

13. NightSword

NightSword Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 25, 2008
    I'm close to going in the other direction entirely. The dare tells what writing style to use, so all I need is a good plotline and a lot of rewrites.

14. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    how bad is it kidan?

15. tahiriveilax

tahiriveilax Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 31, 2008
    [face_plain] [face_plain] :oops: How am I gunna do this?

This is definitely a challenge

EDIT: At least I got a dare where the characters are my favorite and the story could be humorous :)

16. Kidan

Kidan TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 20, 2003
    bad enough....

17. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    Finally got chance to look at mine... will have to think about that one. :)

18. tahiriveilax

Oct 31, 2008
    I have finished mine, though it needs editing. It wasn't as hard to do as I thought.

19. Draconarius

Draconarius Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 27, 2005
    :eek: What the!?!? My goodness, girl, you write fast. Not bad. =D= I haven't even had a chance to research mine yet. Getting stuck with one character I've never written and another I've never even heard of is going to complicate things. Oh well, it could be worse...

... judging by that, it could be much worse.

20. tahiriveilax

Oct 31, 2008
    :) Nah, I'm home sick today so I have nothing to do, so I did the necessary research and got to writing :)

21. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    somehow... i think you may have ended up with mine. which, if true, would be highly amusing because i was hoping you would get it oddly enough...

22. p_stotts

Jan 21, 2001
    I finished mine too. With the challenge I got, I had to go with humor. What else can you do with a missing box of... oops, don't want to give anything away. Of course, the person who submitted the dare probably knows what I'm talking about.

When do we get to post these beauties? I can't wait to read what everyone came up with.

23. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    Couple of ANNOUNCEMENTS:

Indexing ? When you finish your story, post the link in this thread. We?ll edit them all into an Index in the first post and transfer them to the Master List when it's over.

Judging ? Judging will be done by everyone who completes their entry on time. More details to follow.

The Most Outrageous Dare will be judged by the Mods and, as before, the winner gets to pick the Mod colors and icons for one week.

24. p_stotts

Jan 21, 2001
    What do you mean by post the link? Link to where? Do I post my story on the proper era board and link to that? In my instance, that would be the Before the Saga board.

25. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    Yes, these stories are being posted individually on the proper era boards and not in a single challenge thread. You can go ahead and post your entry whenever you're ready and once you've done that, post a link to it here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.