main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

General The 2013 Christmas Thread

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Yoshee, Dec 18, 2013.

1. Yoshee

Yoshee Former RSA & CR star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 3, 2002
    Well it's almost upon us once again! So what are everyone's plans? Do you even have any?

I have a 5 year old daughter, so no doubt I'll spend the day 'putting things together' and wishing we'd (Santa) never bought them in the first place....

SithLordDarthRichie likes this.
  2. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Turkey, stuffing, gravy, cranberry sauce, wine for Christmas lunch before the Queen. Cheese/crackers and maybe a glass of port during Doctor Who. In between probably checking on things on the boards a bit and maybe a film or two on TV. And a g&t or two later while I read before bed. My only remaining family is one sister in Alaska and I have no desire to visit there in winter, and she has teenage kids of her own.

3. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Just having the family and some friends around, watching Doctor Who and Downton Abbey. Lots of food and hopefully some nice presents.
    I should be richer this year, last year I bought my parents an HD LED TV. I was poor for a while

Yoshee likes this.
  4. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Due to limitations in stock at my local Tesco Express, I had to amend my traditional Christmas treat of Crunchy Nut Cornflakes spiked with Baileys, to Frosted Shreddies spiked with Baileys; still very tasty - I got four portions out of an £18 bottle.

Apart from that, round my Mum's on Christmas Day for dinner, my semi-annual helping of Eastenders, and the Doctor Who Christmas episode, repeated at home on iPlayer, and following on from that, my main time has been divided between discussing the episode on the discussion thread elsewhere on the Boards, and watching Season Four of Criminal Minds on dvd.

5. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    My day went just about as I posted above - turkey and Doctor Who (and modding here). I ventured into town for the sales today (and to shake the cabin fever). Needed some new sweatshirts to wear around the flat as my current ones have seen better days. Sports Direct had Slazenger sweatshirts originally priced at £29.99 each on sale - 2 for £14. Picked up four at that price.

The Thames is quite high in my area - not quite on the towpath at the lowest points but not far off. That's enough rain for a bit..

6. feeltheforcee

feeltheforcee Jedi Padawan

Dec 22, 2013
    Helo all returning board member here based in london. Any 1 else here in London or close?

7. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    LAJ, I hope the water level doesn't get any worse where you are.

8. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I'm not worried yet - the low part of the towpath is closer to town. My area is pretty high.