main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

~*~ The 2022 Favorites of FanFic Festival ~*~ Thanks for a great Festival! We welcome your feedback!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by The Golden Yoda, Feb 12, 2023.

1. UltramassiveUbersue

UltramassiveUbersue Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 7, 2022
    Just moving some discussion from another thread over here... :D

"Fic You Can't Stop Thinking About" and "Unclassifiable Classic" come to mind! :)

2. UltramassiveUbersue

UltramassiveUbersue Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 7, 2022
    How do you guys feel about more eccentric categories, a less formal event, or even a discussion thread that features them?

Some examples:
    - best fic featuring an evil character who is normally good (ie: dark!Luke)
    - best fic featuring a good character who is normally evil (ie: Palpatine)
    - best fic featuring a canon 'ship that is usually not your thing (ie: Luke/Callista)
    - best fic featuring a non-canon romantic pairing (ie: Luke/Tionne)
    - best fic featuring a cat (ie: cat)

*edit: given how specific these categories are, I think it's more suited to informal discussion than being indexed.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2023
  3. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    Having thought of it some more, there are two categories that I think could be added (although this isn't a hill I'm prepared to die on, and as I said elsewhere I don't think that we want to add too many categories because the list is already very long.)

The first one would be "Favourite Contributor in Resource", because I think that Resource should get some love. We have people who put a lot of effort in making it a productive place and they deserve recognition for that.

The second one would fall under Characters & Relationships, and it would be "Favourite Cameo." I often see in fics a character (either established or original) that makes a very brief appearance that I find absolutely spot-on, but I never got to nominate them because I always ended up giving the slot to a character that's more developed.

Tarsier, Kahara, Mira_Jade and 4 others like this.