main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph The All-New All-Different Marvel Comics Draft

Discussion in 'Community' started by a star war, Apr 19, 2018.

1. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Magic

Brother Voodoo vs. Doctor Doom / Enchantress

Brother Voodoo only has access to voodoo -- and Doctor Doom was both another candidate for Sorcerer Supreme and the one who arranged for Brother Voodoo to be raised from the dead (because, y'know, he sucks ass). Amora is superior to both of them.

Telepathy

Only Mandarin on Leeroy's side has any form of telepathy worth mentioning here, and it's susceptible to disruption (as Iron Man easily did) by magnetic pulses on the Rings.

Meanwhile, we have Darth Vader with actual Jedi / Sith powers, technological solutions and usage from Maker and Doctor Doom, and then there's Enchantress who can seduce the entire other team by looking at them. So sorry, all-male team. Womp womp...

Both Doom and Amora can mind transfer as well, not that they'd want to.

Tech

Darth Vader. Doctor Doom. Maker. Two technopaths, and the best prep in the Draft. Two of the top two techs in the Draft.

Versus the Mandarin.

[​IMG]

Strength

Red Hulk and Terrax vs. Fin Fang Foom; no one with the Power Cosmic on the Leeroy side.

Energy

Vulcan is the cream of the crop on Leeroy's side, but has been shown to be overwhelmed by sufficient power (Havok, of all things). Can he eat straight Power Cosmic? Unlikely? Can he deal with magic? Newp... can he deal with magical psionics? Newp.

So Vulcan and Fin Fang Foom and Mandarin vs. Doom, Amora, Terrax, and whatever Ultimate-Reed whips up.

Speed

Doorman is top on Leeroy's team, capable of lightspeed and teleportation, plus Mandarin (teleporter). Whereas I have Terrax (75% lightspeed), Doom (teleporter), Amora (teleporter).

Prep

Sorry, Leeroy...

Maker, plus Doom, plus Amora, plus Power Cosmic? Mandarin's your best prep, and Karnak's going help for fighting, but otherwise...

[​IMG]

Realistically, between the magic gap, the prep gap, and the Power Cosmic -- there's not terribly much I think Leeroy can do here other than...

[​IMG]

Darth Punk likes this.
  2. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    Factually off some here; There were a few candidates for Sorcerer Supreme at the time. Voodoo was chosen because he was "purest of heart". Voodoo sacrificed himself to defeat Agamoto, and was resurrected by Doom because the Scarlet Witch was after him, and Voodoo was the only person who could stop her - so more of a Doom sucks ass instance you've brought up here.

As for Enchantress being superior, Voodoo is immune to harmful magic, so how is she going to have any negative effect on him?

I'll end on this, what counter does your team have for possession? Here's the Avengers (includes Red Hulk) getting group possessed.
    [​IMG]

3. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Doom's immune to possession on his own, but generically with prep Doom and Enchantress should be able to easily stop possession of the team with a few simple spells.

And I find immunity to magic suspect as he dies in the Light Dimension with the Eye of Agamotto sacrificing himself to stop Agamotto. Interestingly, it also seems that Agamotto was very capable of ripping Daniel's spirit in half, so his brother's definitely not immune to magic -- especially since that's how this scene above is resolves, right? Strange just destroys his spirit with magic? Even if Jericho were immune to "harmful" magic, all the other two (better) sorcerers need is to keep him occupied/removed from the fight while the rest of the team is dealt with... and then incinerate him with tech, bludgeon him with Hulk, etc.

4. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I'm sorely tempted to say "Team with Karnak wins everything all the time." Like sure Doctor Doom could just magic his way through everything but Karnak sees The Flaw in All Things and if Richardddds can find the fatal flaw in Doom's various schemes, Karnak could do so easily.

MandaloreYak and Darth Punk like this.
  5. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    My limited understanding of Karnak is that it's not pre-meditated? As in, he can do it in real-time -- but without knowing what he's facing, it's hard to find a flaw.

As well, Enchantress can keep the Eye of Agamotto blinded for hours by herself -- so not sure Karnak would be able to get around that (Inhuman vs. Magic -- always a fun time!)...

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  6. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Am I to understand that Vader cannot call on Imperial ships? Because if he can this won't even be a contest of any sort.

Darth Punk likes this.
  7. Darth Punk

Nov 25, 2013
    No, it’s more about each character’s powers and abilities (also restricted to feats in Marvel comics (so no Star Wars EU lit feats)). He gets his telekinesis, telepathy, and his glow stick.

8. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Karnak could not hit Iron Man's weakest point. Or, he hit it, but it did no harm.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2018
    BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  9. Darth Punk

Nov 25, 2013
    No, it seems he’s quite the gem in a team battle with 48 hours prep.
    “Karnak has the ability to find the weak point in any person, plan, or object. Thus, he is usually used as planner by the Inhumans. He also serves as a priest and philosopher to the Inhumans”.

10. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Thanks, Wikipedia.

I know what it says, but that's why I say my limited understanding -- he's like the Inhuman strategist, which is when they're making plan as normal. This isn't normal, this is prep-vs-prep, where he can't necessarily know what the other side is planning (though will be able to adapt on the fly). Also, he killed himself when he realized how futile he is... :p

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  11. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Fact: dp4m has the better team
    Fact: dp4m is a terrible gm and builds terrible team and deserves to lose for his terrible and repugnant choices.

Therefore, the head says dp should win, the heart says dp should lose.

Judges, make your call.

BigAl6ft6 and dp4m like this.
  12. Leroy Jenkins Jr

Leroy Jenkins Jr Jedi Padawan star 1

Apr 20, 2018
    Yeah im not getting an argument in until Mon at the earliest....feel free to judge without me....

Just ashure me one thing....

That in the midst of the battle, that FFF puts Doom in his pants.....permantly

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  13. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    My vote is for Leeroy.

Punky and Yak, down to you.

BigAl6ft6 and dp4m like this.
  14. Darth Punk

Nov 25, 2013
    Rest ashured...
    [​IMG]

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  15. Leroy Jenkins Jr

Apr 20, 2018
    If you guys dont like DP that much, one of you other guys can put together an argument for my team, but I think as it stands I wont be able to

16. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    No, you get us wrong. We all love Deepee.

We just don't want him to win. Because he does things like draft Darth Vader and Godzilla

17. Darth Punk

Nov 25, 2013
    I like dp. I like making him work harder than he really needs to.

dp4m and DarthIntegral like this.
  18. MandaloreYak

MandaloreYak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 29, 2004
    Drafting Vader and Godzilla truly is unforgiveable.

heels1785 , dp4m and DarthIntegral like this.
  19. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Clearly, we need to swap out Godzilla for another famous character with a Marvel cameo:

[​IMG]

BigAl6ft6 and heels1785 like this.
  20. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Let’s go. I wanna beat dp4m again and claim my victory.

heels1785 and dp4m like this.
  21. Darth Punk

Nov 25, 2013
    Punk’s Team Battle Theatre

The Contestants:

Team Leroy

Vulcan
    Dr Voodoo
    Doorman
    Fin Fang Foom
    Karnak
    Mandarin

Vs

Team DP

Red Hulk
    Terrax
    Doctor Doom
    Maker
    Darth Vader
    Enchantress

Episode One - A Nemesis Calls

48 hours earlier...

A phone rings in a castle in Latveria. “Hey Victor, it’s Reed. Just felt we needed a quick chat about this upcoming team battle. I think I should concentrate on the science side of things, and you and Enchantress should focus on the magic.”

Victor replies, “How dare you order Doom around like some minion. Everyone knows I am your superior in matters of science - besides, we’re only up against a Voodoo practitioner.”

Reed: “Well we are in Africa, birthplace of Voodoo.”

Doom: “Fool, this is South Africa, any eight-year-old with access to Wikipedia knows that the birthplace of Voodoo is West Africa.”

Reed: “OK, just saying. By the way, didn’t an eight-year-old kick your arse once?”

Doom: “She was a ten-year-old, and anyway that wasn’t me, that was a Doombot.”

Reed: “If you say so.”

*Hangs up phone.*

That’s all for now, tune in again in a few days time, for the next instalment of - A Nemesis Calls.

22. Darth Punk

Nov 25, 2013
    A Nemesis Calls

Episode Two - Contenders Assemble.

Early evening, just outside Jo’burg, and there’s a fizzing sound on the south side of District 9. All of Team DP, (apart from Dr. Doom) teleport in together on a machine built by Reed. Two minutes later with a small crackle, Doom joins his teammates.

Across the other side of the refugee village, in an impressive puff of smoke, accompanied with a Michael Bay style wahh sound, Dr Voodoo teleports his whole team onto the field of battle- or does he? They seem to be without Karnak the Shatterer?

Doom: “Where’s the Inhuman?”

Vulcan: “None of your business, you mug.”

Doom: “We start at six prompt, I hope for your sake he makes an appearance.”

The current time is 17:59...

Last edited: Aug 19, 2018
  23. Leroy Jenkins Jr

Apr 20, 2018
    Ok sorry guys, but i dont think ill ever be able to do anything with this for a long time....

Im going to be working 2 jobs
    I just got engaged
    I'm still in school till Dec
    and I have lots of planning and other work to do

I'm never going to have time for this,
    It's been fun though and I'd like to try to do this again but even if i somehow win this, I'm not going to be on here anymore

Farewell

24. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
  25. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    [​IMG]

(either for me or Jordan)