main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Anti-Draft: Where Fast Is Slow and Slow is Fast [Currently: Shurron wins]

Discussion in 'Archive: Census and Games' started by DarthIntegral, Jan 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    I meant Mog so we agree; moving on.

2. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Eagle's I Did Not Send Nat My Numbers (5) vs. BaSSiL's RRAAAARRL! (1)

Shurron's Anal Leakage: The Team (4) vs. RX's The Frickin' Laser Beams (2)

Aragorn's Shards of Awesome (5) vs. EF's Tim and Eric Awesome Team Great Job! (1)

Bob's The Wet Paper Towels (5) vs. Hammu's Team Nameless (1)

[b]#7[/b].

[b][hl=green][color=white]Blob[/color][/hl] vs. [hl=purple][color=lightpurple]Dr. Bong (Comic Book Draft) (Unprepared)
    [/color][/hl][/b]

[b][hl=deepskyblue][color=white]Katsuhiko Jinnai TRUMPED with Makoto Mizuhara (El Hazard) FORFEIT[/color][/hl] vs. [hl=red][color=hotpink]Bowser (Mario Bros.) [/color][/hl][/b]

[b][hl=black][color=dimgray]Robin Hood [/color][/hl] vs. [hl=orange][color=white]Venom trumped with Carnage[/color][/hl][/b]

[b][hl=blue][color=black]Tails trumped with The Joker trumped with Jackleman trumped with Monikan FORFEIT [/color][/hl] vs. [hl=brown][color=orange]Vito Corleone[/color][/hl][/b]

[hr]

3. MandaloreYak

MandaloreYak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 29, 2004
    And again, this is one of what I anticipate will be many where Venom and Carnage devour the opponent. But I don't even think they'd fight each other more than a small tussle so why does it matter?

4. Zizz

Zizz Jedi Master star 4

Dec 29, 2005
    The Venom/Carnage trump should be a forfeit.

5. SWBob

SWBob Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 19, 2003
    I'm sad. I dont get to argue because our trumps are opposite.

6. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    I screwed up earlier and had to change it to a forfeit (and I know that's not the way you're supposed to do it).

7. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004
    Okay, well, in this case, I'll say Robin Hood can't get anything that will sufficiently handicap either of these, if they kill one of each other or not, Robin Hood is not the guy to Bust this trump, no matter what state you think they'd be in at the time of the fight.

8. Mikaboshi

Mikaboshi Force Ghost star 6

Jul 12, 2005
    Even if Carnage and Venom went after each other, and one of them ended up dead and the other 90% dead...Robin would still lose the fight.

9. Zizz

Zizz Jedi Master star 4

Dec 29, 2005
    Yeah, there's really no way in hell Robin beats either of these two.

I'm assuming this isn't depowered Blob, which means he takes it with the prep IMO. If there's a reason we don't take that freak at his peak, then I'll have to think on it a little more.

10. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Full-powered Blob.

11. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    I judge for Blob and trump.

12. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    you know... the quadruple trumps REALLY shouldn't be allowed. both teams doing it results in an almost guaranteed tie... which is just really lame.

:snoopy

SithOverlord101 likes this.
  13. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Well, the only two people who have done it are matched up against each other and won't tie, so not necessarily.

14. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    as i said, almost.

still don't think it should be allowed, but that's just my opinion. *shrugs* after all, it's not something you'd ever think about doing in a regular draft, so why should it be done in this one precisely, since they're supposed to be treating it the same...

*shrugs*

no matter, and is a point for discussion after the draft.

:snoopy

15. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    And you guys can certainly discuss that (I thought it was a bit odd too) but Inty hadn't ruled against it so I couldn't :p

16. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    Agree.

17. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002

18. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    Rocky can't even box, let alone beat a guy who can actually fight and has a gun.

19. captain-fantastic

captain-fantastic Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2007
    What about in Rocky III where Apollo teaches Rocky to box and he beats Mr. T in, like, three rounds.

Also the fight with the Russian and the amazingly awful speech afterwards. Tis a potent combination. Are we sure Powers can withstand it?

20. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    He didn't box vs. the Russian. I don't quite remember the Mr. T fight but I know for a fact all Rocky did vs. The Russian was throw untrained haymakers. He cain't box.

Although I'm sure he can make an awful speech.

21. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    JUDO CHOP!

Also Austin is prepared, I think that would give him the advantage. What does Rocky gain with prep? A dead cow?

22. Zizz

Zizz Jedi Master star 4

Dec 29, 2005
    Sorry for going MIA there. Austin may be a boob, but at the very least he's a boob who generally beats his rival boobs. Rocky is a boob who loses to other boobs. Boobs.

Plus the whole gun thing and all. Austin.

23. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Okay, I can go with austin.

24. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Eagle's I Did Not Send Nat My Numbers (7) vs. BaSSiL's RRAAAARRL! (1)

Shurron's Anal Leakage: The Team (5) vs. RX's The Frickin' Laser Beams (3)

Aragorn's Shards of Awesome (6) vs. EF's Tim and Eric Awesome Team Great Job! (2)

Bob's The Wet Paper Towels (5) vs. Hammu's Team Nameless (3)

So Eagle, Shurron, Aragorn, and Bob get bumped (wow, being list first sucks). For the next round we have:

BaSSiL's RRAAAARRL! ()[/b] vs RX's The Frickin' Laser Beams ()[/b]

EF's Tim and Eric Awesome Team Great Job! ()[/b] vs Hammu's Team Nameless ()[/b]

Since I do recognize that for every single other person in the whole world it's a holiday weekend, get me your numbers by Monday at 4 p.m. boardtime or I'll be picking for you.

25. Shadow_of_Durron

Shadow_of_Durron Jedi Knight star 6

May 2, 2003
    Ehhhhhhh, I debated for a few minutes on whether I should just let my team just die here, but my pride ended up getting the better of me. Stupid pride.

But yeah, the end result of my match should be 4-4 and a team battle rather than a 3-5 loss. For my team, Mola Ram, Motor Ed, the forfeit and Rocky lost. For the other team, Dr. Evil, Dementor, Mandark and Kintaro lost. 4-4.

Oh, and yeah, even though that match is over, when I'm a little more coherent I wanna say some stuff on that Little John/Kintaro match, which Kintaro most definitely should've won. And if I feel like it, maybe even that El Hazard trump/Dementor match. But it's easier to see why that one went against me, even if I think it could've also gone my way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.