main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Artist ~The Art of an Outrider~

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Corellian_Outrider, Aug 2, 2009.

1. Corellian_Outrider

Corellian_Outrider Former FanForce Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 9, 2002
    I have done a photoshoot session for two and have to arrange to do for another set but that is on hold until everyone is available. Until then I'll focus on the Corran Horn piece for the EU Challenge... which I have had a few set backs with DRL but I should be on track before the deadline.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  2. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    I love the Mulan image. Very atmospheric.

As for a way to squeeze in the EU Challenge and thwart Darth Real Life... Sketch cards. Small and quick. ;)

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  3. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    Thank you, Mulan's pose happened by accident during the photoshoot. I love the emotion captured and I carried it from there. I do have several other scenes for both Jasmine and Mulan that I want to produce down the track.

I do love the idea of doing Sketch cards, I think they would make great drawing exercises and help get back into the swing of things after long periods away from the pencils/pens/brushes. I do carry a sketchbook about with me everywhere I go, I should practice in there.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  4. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    I started practicing by drawing a template and then drawing in just that tiny space. Then, I moved onto sacrificing my Bristol board for cards (I have four pads of it, I can sacrifice some). The card-cutting can get tedious and they don't end up perfectly straight, or all the same size, but it's at least something. The plus side of working on the cards? You can rotate the canvas any which way! :D

5. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    I can't wait to get stuck into it. I've already worked out what I want to work on when I get set up to do that. With the release of Hyrule Historia and the Symphony of the Goddess happening tonight... I want to do a few pieces connecting to the Legend of Zelda.

At the moment, I'm into the final stretch with the Corran piece. Just got to finished one element and then go in with the polish. If I have time, I might try and add colour too.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  6. Jedi General Gelderd

Jedi General Gelderd Jedi Master star 5

Mar 6, 2004
    A late comer to this Forum, but thanks to Adalia, I'm here and think you've got a brilliant talent Corellian_Outrider, I look forward to seeing more sometime.

Bravo indeed. You capture the emotion so well and convey a sense of peace and fate just from a picture. =D=

7. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    And I cannot wait to see more of it! :)

Corellian_Outrider likes this.
  8. Darth Loocas

Darth Loocas Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 14, 2013
    hi i came to this part of TFN galaxy a few days ago,love ur work,congrats!
    plus I Can't Believe u drew Fox Mcloud!!!! i love him!so happy to see him along with our dude timon,indy & the whole bunch of my faves.
    anyways,very nice to know u & to've seen your great work.right on!:D

9. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    Thank you for your kind words everyone!

Things have settled down somewhat now and I do have a number of artworks to show however it shouldn't be too long before I can update my thread again. :)

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  10. Chris Dee

Chris Dee Jedi Youngling

Sep 19, 2012
    Awesome drawings here, and a lot to look at :) Looking forward to updates

11. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    Finally I am able to start updating my thread. I'll start with the piece I did for the first EUC/Fan Art Challenge and see how I'll go from there. ;)

Council Exchange
    [​IMG]

Kyp Durron, Corran Horn and Mirax Terrik.

We all know that there can be friction between Kyp and Corran, hence why Mirax is there to keep the peace. Fictional scene set within the high council chamber of the Jedi Temple on Coruscant.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  12. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Nice humor in that piece

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  13. Goodwood

Goodwood Jedi Master star 5

May 11, 2011
    Wow, I can almost hear the snide smirk on Kyp's face and the angry retort in Corran's eyes. Well done, C_O!

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  14. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    Thank you everyone.

Yes, it has been a while since I had last updated here even though a few more of my works had been featured in the challenges. Most of that is due to my artistic energies had been dedicated to a short animation production with only limited time for those standalone pieces that were shown over in the challenges. I won't bog things down regarding that as it is currently in post production.

Now for the works. I last left off with Kyp, Corran and Mirax so on to...

Master Fay
    [​IMG]
    With each character piece I do, I try and capture their essence. What can I say about her? There is a sadness to Fay, also kindness and wisdom. She has been around for centuries and been through a lot. I hope that does come through with her gaze and expression. I do want to revisit this piece sometime down the track to do a few touchups.

Baron Soontir Fel & Wynssa Starflare
    [​IMG]

For Fel, we all know he is a great pilot, an even match for Wedge Antillies. Yet, his world revolves around the one he wants to spend the rest of his life with. I based this off the moment from "X-Wing Rogue Squadron 25: The Making of Baron Fel" where Fel proposes to Wynssa.

Bardan Jusik
    [​IMG]
    The Jedi turned Mandalorean. I did consult with Bardan_Jusik for this piece as there is really no official likeness for the character. I had a little bit of free reign with that direction and of course wanted to capture who he is with the eyes. The likeness is based off another famous Kiwi which is fitting given who played Jango Fett.

That does it for the challenge pieces, now for something new.

Princess Jasmine
    [​IMG]
    Another piece based off Aladdin, this location is set in the palace gardens. This was done as a gift for a friend of mine, the composition based off the photoshoot session we did some time ago while my other friend filled in for Rajah for reference and I had subbed in Tigerlily (a plush white tiger). I had started this in the vein as the other Jasmine portrait but decided to pull that rendered back so the style is more closer to that of the animated film.

I do have a few more but I might leave it at that for now.

15. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    I am still in awe of your work. The rain, the eyes, everything about your rendition of Jusik is amazing.

[​IMG]

16. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    Thank you.

I know I said it somewhere before but I believe the eyes are important as it is the window into the soul of the character and that is the element I normally work on first after I have the figure blocked in. Everything else falls into place. I'm glad the rain worked out the way it did, adds to the atmosphere of the piece.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  17. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    ^:)^

Love the fragility of you Master Fay and the mischief in Jasmin´s eyes!

=D=

Corellian_Outrider likes this.
  18. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
  19. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    The Light In The Dark - The Legend of Korra
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

The Legend of Korra is still going on though this piece was inspired by the end of Book 2: Spirits and done as a gift for a fellow Avatar fan and a dear friend of mine.
    It is of that moment when…
    Unalaq and Vaatu are defeated during the harmonic convergence and Korra has to decided whether to close the portals that bridge the spirit and physical world together or leave it open.

20. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    Oh… surprised that I had not showed this one off sooner.

May I present:

Dr. Liara T'Soni
    [​IMG]

The leading expert on Prothean culture, Dr. Liara T'Soni is of the Asari race and a critical crew member to the Alliance vessel, Normandy. From the Mass Effect series, the inspiration to do this piece came after experiencing that last farewell moment… and had to draw something. Feedback from TheAdmiral was appreciated during the creation of this piece. :)

Rebecca_Daniels, Goodwood and Tarsier like this.
  21. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    Outrider these are beautiful. =D=

22. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    Thank you Cushy!! :)

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  23. Pauljwiz

Pauljwiz Jedi Youngling

Oct 30, 2014
    Really nice work, lovely :)

24. Goodwood

Goodwood Jedi Master star 5

May 11, 2011
    Oh wow man, you really did Liara justice!
    *is a total Liara T'Soni fanboy*

25. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    Thank you! :)

She is a special character and I had that image of Liara stuck in my head for about a week or so after completing the trilogy back-to-back and just had to get it onto canvas.

AzureAngel2 likes this.