main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Bad Batch The Bad Batch 1.04 - Cornered - Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , May 20, 2021.

Tags:
?

Grade the Episode

Poll closed May 28, 2021.
  1. 10

12.5%
  2. 9

21.9%
  3. 8

34.4%
  4. 7

14.1%
  5. 6

10.9%
  6. 5

3.1%
  7. 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 3

3.1%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. SeparatistFan

SeparatistFan Jedi Master star 3

Oct 19, 2012
    I didn’t have a problem with Fennec appearing in this episode, I think it’s nice when lesser known characters are explored more.

Examples of small universe syndrome being a problem would be all the Obi Wan vs Grievous and Anakin vs Dooku in TCW. Also certain characters such as Vader being too overused.

2. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
  3. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    This was the best part of the whole episode. :p

4. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    FTFY. :p

5. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Truly magnificent

6. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    I like both Animated and Live Action Clone Wars Rebels and Bad Batch are all really good IMHO

I loved this Episode It was really good even if a lot of indepth stuff didnt happen it was still really good!

DarthKegs likes this.
  7. Vinylshadow

Vinylshadow Jedi Master star 3

Sep 3, 2017
    Mando's writing dates back to 2018 though, and since she debuted in Filoni's episode, he likely brainstormed where else she could fit in and slotted her into Bad Batch once writing on that began

8. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Fennec fit in well. She feels natural to this show and not fan service. It was cool how the narrative was using that fans know Fennec to make the chase feel like there were higher stakes than there were.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  9. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    We got Clink and that's all I need! 10/10

10. QUIGONMIKE

QUIGONMIKE Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 5, 2009
    Honestly - Im not overly big with the EU so I dont know who this Fennec is. Seems like she has potential to be an interesting character though. Doesnt seem like she has a "side" per se. Hmmmm. Hey - I like the show so lets see what #5 brings us!

Last edited: May 25, 2021
  11. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Fennec isn’t from the EU. She appeared in the first two seasons of The Mandalorian and will be a main character of The Book of Boba Fett.

12. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    Not until Elin Sleazebaggano arrives at the moment where he successfully "rethinks" his whole life.

[face_not_talking]

(Or Ben Quadinaros makes his long-awaited return.)

clone commander bossk likes this.
  13. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Best one yet. The show has gotten better with each episode. Going from what I felt was a bit of a flat opening to a really rich world and time period.

14. Maythe14thBeWithYou

Maythe14thBeWithYou Jedi Master star 4

May 26, 2014
    I gave this a 10/10.

This was a really good episode. I loved seeing Fennec animated. Ming-Na Wen is awesome in live-action but I thought the character translated over well. The action was well done too and kept you on the edge of your seat. Seeing Hunter rescue Omega was cool here too. It had an Coruscant in AOTC vibe.

The relation w/the others was also well done, from Echo and the droids to Wrecker and Tech were also well done. Overall, I think there was a lot here to propel the plot unlike last episode.

15. Reepicheep775

Reepicheep775 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 27, 2019
    In all seriousness that needs to happen at some point. How great would it be if Sleazebaggano is the head of some megacorporation or is in some way insanely successful following his fateful encounter with Kenobi. It's too good of an opportunity to pass up.

Last edited: May 26, 2021
    InterestingLurker and Riv_Shiel like this.
  16. DarthRamRod

DarthRamRod Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 1, 2018
    That's way too much fan service for my tastes, which means it will be perfect for The Book Of Fan Service.

InterestingLurker likes this.
  17. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    I think this was pretty clearly the best one.

18. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    Finally have time to start watching these again, so here we go...

8/10

This was a good episode. I really liked Fennec in this. She was efficient and a real threat, and she also felt unique and different to the other bounty hunters we saw before.

Omega was maybe bit too naive, considering she knows the Empire is after them, but I guess that's supposed to be her character journey in the first season.

whostheBossk likes this.