main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Bad Batch The Bad Batch 1.09 - Bounty Lost - Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Jun 24, 2021.

?

Grade the Episode

Poll closed Jul 2, 2021.
  1. 10

24.6%
  2. 9

38.6%
  3. 8

22.8%
  4. 7

8.8%
  5. 6

1.8%
  6. 5

1.8%
  7. 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 3

1.8%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. DannyD

DannyD Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2017
    I must've missed that bit.

TheYodaPagoda and Darkslayer like this.
  2. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    You didn’t. Many folks take Qi’ra’s line on Kessell to be a reference to the Trade Federation but it isn’t. She never says the Trade Federation.

3. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

4. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Have to wonder how many other Kaminoan facilities are out there abandoned and if any outposts are not.

5. AndrewPascoe

AndrewPascoe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 26, 2014
    The Empire is already moving away from Clones and I just don’t think it’s because she’s an unaltered clone of Fett.

Don’t get me wrong, Fett is great and all but there is probably an unfathomable number of suitable candidates and it seems like a huuuge effort to go to just as a fail safe.

Another thing is do they even need the original host’s DNA? I know they keep talking about running out of Jango’s DNA but they’re literally surrounded by his clones. These ones are already more receptive to orders, have all of his physicality, mindset etc. they’ve been bred for war and so all the necessary genetic modification to heighten those abilities has already been done. Why do they need Jango’s DNA?

I’m probably thinking about this space wizards fan start too logically but yeah.

Riv_Shiel and Sarge like this.
  6. Sproj

Sproj Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2019
    You and me both I think because and I do want to state that I LOVE this show, I'm totally hooked but thinking logically, if they have shown they can turn Crosshair up to 10 in terms of being a mindless drone, why move away from clones to less controllable recruits...or you know, why not use actual mindless drones?

Riv_Shiel and Sarge like this.
  7. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    Presumbaly because you can get the purest clones from the host. making a copy of a copy likely dilutes the result and degrades the quality.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2021
    TK-421 Is vader likes this.
  8. DarthKreVass

DarthKreVass Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 27, 2008
    Also, the Clones have "altered DNA" with rapid growth acceleration, etc. Omega, and Boba are exact copies with no manipulation, except being a "copy" of the original DNA, so I suspect that Boba and Omega have the "purest" DNA of Jango's.

Vinylshadow likes this.
  9. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I think it was just Boba and Omega

10. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Is Omega supposed to be essentially Boba's twin? I mean was she created (albeit secretly) in a test tube at the same time as Boba by the Kaminoans - and possibly without Jango even knowing about it?

Obviously Boba aged somewhat through TCW; and Omega certainly looks younger than him (even looks younger than the live action Boba in AOTC). I guess they could've "produced" Omega more recently as a contingency plan as they realized the clones may have worn out their welcome.

11. AndrewPascoe

Apr 26, 2014
    Except that’s not how DNA works, otherwise we wouldn’t be able to utilize DNA the way we do in the real world. As I said I’m probably just thinking about this too logically given my work background and that it is a story not real life, it just bugs me a little.

This is my second point - that’s the whole reason why they’re using clones because they grow fast, bred for war etc. Each clone is technically a pure and refined copy of Jango’s DNA which, if that is what they’re after, should be more desirable than Jango’s own.

I think Omega was a little Kaminoan secret personally.

12. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    Well what do you know about real-life cloning?

13. AndrewPascoe

Apr 26, 2014
    I don’t work with cloning but I do with DNA, replication and that sort of thing. Cloning is not the same as dilution where you progressively make a less concentrated substance. DNA can degrade due to a variety of factors inherited or external but creating copies of “good” DNA does not impact on “quality”. On top of that it’s a fairly well known TV trope.

As I said - it’s a tv show about space wizards, has a lot of sci-fi tropes and it’s just one little really inconsequential thing that bugs me a tiny tiny bit. It’s not a deal breaker by any means.

Sarge, The Shadow Emperor and Sproj like this.
  14. episodenone

episodenone Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 13, 2001
    I don't know what evidence there is in the Current Canon or even in the EU off the top of my head...

But it stands to reason that other cloning attempts, even by the expert Kaminoans, especially on this scale -- were not nearly as successful.

Perhaps it comes down to the fact that the Jango Fett template was so much more successful than any other previous attempt to build a clone army that makes his DNA so valuable?

Or, perhaps -- when the Kaminoans go to make their sales pitch to a potential new client -- offering the option of replicating the Clone Army of the Republic is a key selling point?

15. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    I wonder now, if Omega will come up in the Book of Boba Fett show.

16. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    If I could go back, I think I'd drop this one to a 7. Another gripe I've found is after the Bad Batch rescue Omega when there is the jump cut of the Batcher's shuttle shooting through the planet's atmosphere. They really should have extended it or just shown the Maurader already in space jumping to lightspeed. That way Tech could have been freed up to at least walk about and be part of the reunion instead of getting stuck off-screen flying.

17. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    At 9 minutes 11 seconds into the episode there's a brief glimpse at the Justifier's cargo hold. Any idea what those black objects with Republic military logos are supposed to be?

18. Billy_Dee_Binks

Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    I can't believe how non-charlantly they killed off Taun-We. She was already mostly passed over in TCW and should have been Omega's caretaker instead. Kinda of sours me on that Bounty Hunter character, too.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2021
  19. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    This episode gets better with rewatches. I'll be thinking about it when I go to Carowinds next weekend. That little turn around and roll the boys do with their shuttle before going into hyperspace reminds me of the jojo roll and turn around of going into the first launch on Copperhead strike. To bad the launch is kind of weak. I wonder if any of the animators are roller-coaster fans like me.

20. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    That's called a barrel roll.

[​IMG]

21. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Don't suppress my imagination, LOL. As it turns out. Rollercoaster inversions tend to mimic aerobatics. The one mentioned has elements that follow a sequence that reminded me of that sequence in this episode. Slow barrel roll, turn around, launch. A barrel roll on a coaster is called a heartline roll. The jojo roll is a slow heartline roll. If you are going to pretend to go into hyperspace. Probably safest to do it on a decent coaster.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2021
  22. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    9/10

One of the best episodes of the show so far for me!

- The abandoned cloning facility was sufficiently creepy. Wonder why they abandoned it and what they were doing there?
    - Cad Bane vs. Fennec Shand! And it seemed to me like Fennec was having the upper hand. Perhaps Bane is starting to get too old for this...
    - More Kaminoan intrigue and politics are always welcome. But poor Taun We. Can't believe they just killed her like that.