main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Bad Batch The Bad Batch 2.07 - The Clone Conspiracy - Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Feb 7, 2023.

?

Grade the Episode

Poll closed Feb 15, 2023.
  1. 10

55.4%
  2. 9

23.2%
  3. 8

12.5%
  4. 7

7.1%
  5. 6

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1

1.8%
  1. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Episode 2.07!!
    The Clone Conspiracy

-------------------------------------

Discussion of New Episodes - Rules
    (1) One of the mods will post each week's episode thread a day or two before it airs on Disney+.

(2) Official episode commentary may be posted in this episode thread.

(3) Discussion in the actual episode thread will be limited to that specific episode, NOT future episodes; past episodes may be referenced. Speculation based on released material is permitted.

(4) The Bad Batch episodes air on Wednesday on Disney+. Anyone who shares plot details about an episode before then must use spoiler tags. After that folks will begin discussing their reviews and thoughts without tags which will likely include spoilers. To anyone concerned about being spoiled before watching the episode it is your responsibility to avoid the thread until you have had your chance to view.

(5) All leaks and rumors must be spoiler tagged until they are either proven or disproven.

(6) Reviews for each episode may be posted once they have aired. One of the mods will add a grading poll to that episode's discussion thread.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 8, 2023
    whostheBossk and Master_Rebado like this.
  2. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    I can’t believe they finally introduced Plagueis and that his tomb was just randomly in a room at the end of a minor Bad Batch loot mission where they had to transport some fruit for an illegal produce dealer.

3. Fin McCool

Fin McCool Jedi Master star 4

Apr 18, 2015
    OMG I couldn't believe when
    there was that agreement between two or more clones to commit an unlawful act, coupled with an intent to achieve the agreement's objective and action or conduct that furthered the agreement.

Riv_Shiel, Sarge and Bor Mullet like this.
  4. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
  5. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    "These are the 2 best episodes of the season"

So it'll only be downhill from here on

SyndicThrass and Sarge like this.
  6. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
  7. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
  8. Sproj

Sproj Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2019
    Ok the title definitely intrigues me, the point about social commentary does not.

9. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Episode 3 and clone wars political Episodes were commentery

10. SyndicThrass

SyndicThrass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 25, 2016
    I chalk it up to hyperbole.

11. The Chalk Jedi

The Chalk Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2019
    They are finally deciding to tell a story...for two episodes.

12. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    They hinted at the story in the premiere and started thr big story in episode 3, continnue it in these two episodes.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2023
  13. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    This episode was soo good. Glad to see senator Chuchi Ryio from Clone Wars with Bail Organa and the senator from Rogue One who questions Jyn Erso. Chuchi was the main character this episode. The talk about clone pension, see the Return of the senate chambers was nostalgic for me. Chuchi and Bail already working together and maybe more senators. The idea of turning clones bad and into true belivers. Good to see Rex again at the end. Also forgot to add we saw the return of the Clone bar. Mass Amedda was good.

14. Force Nexus

Force Nexus Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 22, 2022
    Solid episodes. Glad to see Jennifer Hale as Chuchi back. Glad to see Mas Amedda. Where was he in Andor anyway? I expected him there. I guess not. Well, this episode delivered on Imperial politics more so than that entire series. Strong noir vibes with this entire episode. Reminded me a lot of Attack of the Clones. Coruscant looked gorgeous.
    I expected the assassin to be Boba Fett.

15. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I think the turned Clone comes from Mount Tantiss. Also Mon Mothma was in this.

16. Foreign32567

Foreign32567 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 4, 2021
    For me it is so far the best episode of the series, great paranoid atmosphere like in Fives arc.
    Mas Amedda looks so exhausted, no wonder though, he has to work with both Rampart and Krennic in this time period.

Agree. Also wonder if Crosshair's memories and skills were implemented into him (somewhat similar to Grodin Tierce's case in the EU) , and that is why he knew Rex.

17. Sproj

Sproj Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2019
    Yep, right from the start, I'm like, this is Fives' arc all over again and I loved it! Finally back on point with this one.

18. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 15, 2010
    I wasn’t expecting a Rogue One cameo (Senator Pamlo) that was neat. Voiced by her actor from rogue one as well

19. Sproj

Sproj Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2019
    Hey was this the first episode without the batch in it at all?

Sarge likes this.
  20. Force Nexus

Force Nexus Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 22, 2022
    Indeed. Not even Crosshair. The first episode without any Bad Batch whatsoever.

21. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Star Wars has done social commentary from day one. Though it’s often presented as historical social commentary, and not necessarily super current. Except when it is.

clone commander bossk likes this.
  22. DLCV

DLCV Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 14, 2020
    Great intro for this 2 episode arc, very close for a adult SW cartoon show

Fredrik Vallestrand likes this.
  23. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I like Mas Amedda's new look.

Also Omega trying to meditate like Gungi was nice.

24. Kole

Kole Jedi Master star 1

Jul 3, 2016
    Now that’s what I’m talking about! 9/10, this show is at its best when it allows itself to be more mature like this. Much less formulaic than the majority of episodes to this point. Set up its plot very well, I was legitimately concerned for the senator’s safety. Hoping the Batch ditches the Cid heist of the week episodes and goes this direction more. This was excellent Star Wars

25. Sproj

Sproj Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2019
    I find Cid and all things her related in this show really, really boring.

Maythe14thBeWithYou and Kole like this.