main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Bad Batch 3.07 - Extraction - Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Mar 12, 2024.

Tags:
?

Grade the Episode

Poll closed Mar 20, 2024.
  1. 10

29.4%
  2. 9

17.6%
  3. 8

38.2%
  4. 7

11.8%
  5. 6

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. 4

2.9%
  8. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Episode 3.07!!
    Extraction
    -------------------------------------

Discussion of New Episodes - Rules
    (1) One of the mods will post each week's episode thread a day or two before it airs on Disney+.

(2) Official episode commentary may be posted in this episode thread.

(3) Discussion in the actual episode thread will be limited to that specific episode, NOT future episodes; past episodes may be referenced. Speculation based on released material is permitted.

(4) The Bad Batch episodes air on Wednesday on Disney+. Anyone who shares plot details about an episode before then must use spoiler tags. After that folks will begin discussing their reviews and thoughts without tags which will likely include spoilers. To anyone concerned about being spoiled before watching the episode it is your responsibility to avoid the thread until you have had your chance to view.

(5) All leaks and rumors must be spoiler tagged until they are either proven or disproven.

(6) Reviews for each episode may be posted once they have aired. One of the mods will add a grading poll to that episode's discussion thread.

the-bad-batch-307-highlights-decision_1d6ac998.jpeg

Last edited: Mar 18, 2024
    whostheBossk likes this.
  2. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Extraction? No, thanks, they already pulled my wisdom teeth.

3. Sproj

Sproj Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2019
    Well who know that the Bad Batch was set in the Expendables universe. It opens up a lot of plot holes and questions but the thought that Arnold Swartzneggar was planned to be the version 2.0 clone template was an interesting idea to say the least.

Wolf43 likes this.
  4. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I’ll be back

Sproj and whostheBossk like this.
  5. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 6

Feb 2, 2015
    Could be worse, another "E" word...

6. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    The Bad Batch decided to get in on the current meme by making this episode an extraction of a case of Cerveza Cristal?!
    That's going too far!

whostheBossk likes this.
  7. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Both good episodes I still think my favorite overall is episode 4 tied with episode 1

whostheBossk likes this.
  8. Force Nexus

Force Nexus Jedi Master star 3

Jun 22, 2022
    No giant monsters? No data extraction?
    Well, this is an automatic 10.
    Good episodes. But a bit dark (visually), can't see what's going on half of the time.

9. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I am glad more and more Star Wars fans are tired of monsters. If only the writers were as well

Sarge and SeparatistFan like this.
  10. Guidman

Guidman Skywalker Saga Mod and Trivia Host star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 29, 2016
    Good action, I liked the waterfall fight. Although, I can't say I'm surprised the operative survived the fall over it. Best line: "You're just as bad as Hunter." " Oh, I'm much worse." 8/10

Wolf43, Slater, Ody_Mandrell and 2 others like this.
  11. Foreign32567

Foreign32567 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 4, 2021
    I was half-expecting a jungle rancor from TCW film's deleted scene to appear.
    [​IMG]

So far it is my favourite episode of this season, sniper duel and then close combat between Crosshair and Clone X were just great.

12. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Two excellent episodes today. This season is great so far.

13. Happy Sando

Happy Sando Jedi Master star 4

Jun 23, 2023
    Can't wait for the soundtrack to drop. So many beautiful new versions of the series' themes.

darkspine10 and Ody_Mandrell like this.
  14. DLCV

DLCV Jedi Master star 3

Dec 14, 2020
    Great episode, with very nice action, tension, and yeah, always great to see clones in my TV
    9/10

15. Jedi Master Frizzy

Jedi Master Frizzy Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    A little dark but pretty good. Its nice even as an Imperial Clone, Wolfe still has his humanity and his men are loyal to him. He is probably one of the few important clones that the Empire needs. Good see Rex and Wolfe unite and see how he might defect. I think the assassin is Cody. All those minor clones characters RIP.

Sproj, Happy Sando and cwustudent like this.
  16. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    So I have been thinking about clone X. I don’t think it’s tech, but I do think it’s someone we know. It’s Cody. Rampart lied about him going AWOL.

SeparatistFan and Happy Sando like this.
  17. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Force Ghost star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    I liked this episode a lot- Dark, suspenseful, good build up, dialogue, music, clones, sweet!

Really wish they would have taken out Clone X, or at least Wolffe's squad said theyd deal with him, so lets see that!!

Cody being an assasin would be a suprise although I think at the end of his S2 episode was meant to show he's done fighting or maybe he is working incognito with Rex.
    I expected to see Wolffe already in league with Rex as one of the "inside men" but i was wrong. But...maybe that is going to take place next?!

Happy Sando likes this.
  18. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    it was alright, but did it advance the story any further, we're still at the 'why is Omega so important?' stage.

btw - do the clones ever talk about why they killed all the jedi? I mean do they rationalise it ?

JediMasterMark15 and Sarge like this.
  19. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Force Ghost star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    Good point, this needs to be addressed asap!

Sure we know of the chips, but if Wolffe still has his, wouldn't some clones be traitors and his rationale wouldn't change seeing Rex?

JediMasterMark15 likes this.
  20. theorenwulf

theorenwulf Jedi Master star 2

Jul 12, 2015
    Very good action in this one with the heroes only getting away by the skin of their teeth. Seeimg Wolffe still working for and being mostly loyal to the Empire at this point was surprising. Also wonder what the story of his mixed group of clones and storm troopers and the commando with him Hildo is. He doesn't know about Tantiss but does seem linked to it in some way. Crosshair continues to deteriote, Howzer of all people rescuing him was poignant. The CX clone continues to be really competent. Wonder whether the Bad Batchs search for Omegas importance and the meaning of M-count will lead them to
    Ventress
    I'll give this one 8/10

Sproj and whostheBossk like this.
  21. Force Nexus

Force Nexus Jedi Master star 3

Jun 22, 2022
    We've only met one clone on the show who executed Order 66 - Cody. You could see how he rationalized it. Like all the clones did, by believing into the only thing that they were programmed to believe: good soldiers follow orders, the Jedi were traitors and they did what needed to be done, they followed orders and they did their duty as soldiers. Of course his belief started to waver as time went on and the brainwashing weakened. He coped with his guilt by committing to the Empire and believing that it wasn't all not for nothing, and that they were trying to do good, until he was faced with blatant injustice and could not cope with it anymore, so he went AWOL.

gezvader28 and Happy Sando like this.
  22. clonegeek

clonegeek Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 28, 2022
    This actually explains a lot of Wolffee's behavior in Rebels

Last edited: Mar 13, 2024
    Sproj likes this.
  23. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I won’t be surprised if he is also attempted to be turned into a clone X which would also help to explain it as well

24. Jedi Master Frizzy

Jedi Master Frizzy Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Events of TBB turned him paranoid

25. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    I was literally shocked that a big monster didn’t show up in the forest they walked through. Episode gets a 10 just for that.