main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Bad Batch The Bad Batch 3.09 - The Harbinger - Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Mar 26, 2024.

?

Grade the Episode

Poll closed Apr 3, 2024.
  1. 10

18.8%
  2. 9

20.8%
  3. 8

29.2%
  4. 7

16.7%
  5. 6

2.1%
  6. 5

6.3%
  7. 4

2.1%
  8. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1

4.2%
  1. DannyD

DannyD Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2017
    So...Omega runs off to get a flower at Ventress' instruction, with things seemingly OK, but on her return she sees hee 3 dads and Ventress paused in a moment of fighting, looking a bit shocked/guilty.

Did anyone else find this juxtaposition hilarious? A bit like a Simpsons scene?

2. King_of_Red_Lions

King_of_Red_Lions Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 28, 2003
    Fair point and one I'll concede: that they wouldn't know it off the top of their heads. However, AZI-3 should know all about them, unless he is hyper narrowly programmed for cloning and first aid only. At the very least, members of the general public should be able to look up M-count just like I can search for E-coli.

That would be much easier than tracking down Fennec Shand and collecting a bounty on the Slayer of Ordo Eris for information. Maybe Tech was the only one of them who knew how to use a computer?

I think it's a plot hole, but I can suspend my disbelief for the sake of the show.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2024
    InterestingLurker likes this.
  3. Foreign32567

Foreign32567 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 4, 2021
    That was the most funny episode in this series so far, although lighting was strange in sunless moments, thus by Ventress looked too pale in them. She is as badass as ever and clearly not evil anymore, although she certainly had some fun during the fight with clones, old habits die hard. And seems like she at least heard of the Inquisitorius or even Vader.

Slater and InterestingLurker like this.
  4. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Granted that could be the case, but it's still the first time that we've seen Ventress use it at all, right?

Maybe she was hanging out with Ventress ;)

5. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Yes, but…shrug. I don’t see it as a distinct power, as in some bad fantasy magic system. Just as evidence of strong force attunement. Strong in the force? Then touching base with animals shouldn’t be a heavy lift.
    Yeah, thought it was too brightly lit. Would have preferred it to be darker.

6. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    Well she was probably dead for a bit.

7. Fin McCool

Fin McCool Jedi Master star 4

Apr 18, 2015
    Not bad, 7/10 for me. I don't care if the return of Ventress contradicts a book I'll probably never read, and I wouldn't care too much even if I did read it, but I respect that this would upset some people absent a cogent explanation. At any rate, with Ventress and Crosshair, you've got two characters speaking in a similarly affected way, and this island is only big enough for one of them. (At least Crosshair's dialogue is rather pithy.)

InterestingLurker and Sarge like this.
  8. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    AZI-3 might know about them, or he might not-- he might not know specifically what M-count refers to. Let's say some Earth cult believed that Clostridium perfringens, one of the many bacteria found in your gut, allows you to talk to God, or whatever. Would an Earth microbiologist encountering someone who talks about C-count automatically know what the C stands for?

9. Clone8looper

Clone8looper Jedi Padawan star 2

Sep 5, 2023
    I’m gonna spend the weekend standing on one leg with an onion on my head. Come Easter Sunday I’ll either have the potential to be a Jedi, or divorced.

These force test are very Venkmanish. “A cup, a ship, a chimp playing a bassoon”

10. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    No she was not we see her alive at the end of TOA

11. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Too bad it didn't stick.

gezvader28 and InterestingLurker like this.
  12. Jedi Master Frizzy

Jedi Master Frizzy Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
  13. Watcherwithin

Watcherwithin Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2017
    We’re just confused because it makes no sense. What if she had been picked up by a space ship and met Ezra before he rescued her? It’s bull**** that I don’t think anyone in the writers room properly thought about

14. Jedi Master Frizzy

Jan 15, 2018
    Its a barren world so probably no one came there

15. Watcherwithin

Watcherwithin Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2017
    So the sanctity of the laws of physics was only preserved by chance?

16. Jedi Master Frizzy

Jan 15, 2018
    Yes until told otherwise

17. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Force Ghost star 5

Jun 15, 2011
    I like how Asajj Ventress referred to the rest of the Bad Batch sans Omega as "over-protective brothers."

F I N A L L Y

Someone had to say it eventually.

18. Jedi Master Frizzy

Jan 15, 2018
    I like thats how this episode tease end of the Bad Batch. And tells us all this with Bad Batch team is a distraction.

19. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    It would be weird if you see a mimic of the Mandolorian Rescue episode with Ventress eventually taking on Omega akin to Luke taking on Grogu. At least then you might have some hope that Omega survives through the series since you certainly don't know of CF 99 into the OT.

Fredrik Vallestrand likes this.
  20. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Master Jedi Fixxxer Force Ghost star 5

Oct 20, 2018
    What do you have against the best developed character of all of Star Wars?

Have you ever watched Star Wars?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2024
    Sarge and Fredrik Vallestrand like this.
  21. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Even I'll say that suggesting she's the best developed character of all of Star Wars is a stretch; but she's certainly among the most interesting ones to have been created in the last say decade and a half. But there's always going to be people who've had enough of her. It it what it is.

Sarge likes this.
  22. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Master Jedi Fixxxer Force Ghost star 5

Oct 20, 2018
    It's quite difficult for anyone to make the case that she's NOT the best developed one. Yes, she has had the luxury of hours and hours of development, but only Anakin comes close IMO. Her journey from a young and passionate Padawan, to a strong and open minded Jedi, to an independent survivor and eventually a Jedi Master, is the most complete journey I can personally think of in Star Wars. As I said, maybe only Anakin comes close. Who else has a strong case?

Fredrik Vallestrand likes this.
  23. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Sure, whatever. I still don't like her.

Alarinne likes this.
  24. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    While I appreciate the sentiment towards the character, I think I'll plead the fifth on any further debates. I've been banned in the past from the forum getting emotionally involved in these arguments and at this point it's not worth it.

25. clonegeek

clonegeek Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 28, 2022
    She really isn't though. There is no real reason for her to survive rebels

cwustudent, Alarinne and Sarge like this.