main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Bad Batch 3.11 - Point of No Return - Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Apr 2, 2024.

Tags:
?

Grade the Episode

Poll closed Apr 10, 2024.
  1. 10

39.0%
  2. 9

19.5%
  3. 8

26.8%
  4. 7

12.2%
  5. 6

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. 5

2.4%
  7. 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Bibliora

Bibliora Jedi Knight star 3

May 24, 2023
    If Omega does contact Ventress via the Force, then I don't think there should be complaining about Sabine's having the Force.

2. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Hey, it’s me one of the people that complained about Sabine having the force. I complain more so because I think Sabine doesn’t need the force to be fascinating I mean neither does Omega, but I might with Sabine. I have always thought Omega had some sort of ability with the force. So really it’s my preconceived notions getting on the way

3. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I never had an opinion about Sabine having the Force, not that I can recall anyway, and I would have been OK with Omega not having the Force.

I was just thinking of a way for her to get out of this mess, and a way that involves Ventress.

The Chalk Jedi and Fin McCool like this.
  4. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Something I want to make a quick note of.

Lula has represented Omega’s childhood. She tries to reconstruct it on tantiss with the straw version. But now she willingly gives it up. And I think that’s great. She has grown up. One of her biggest fears in season 1 was returning to Kamino which she did reluctantly to get Hunter back. But now she’s volunteering to go back to Tantiss to not save someone she knows, but save the other clones.

a part of the reason she is doing this is because of all the guilt she has. Man I love her character. They have never missed when writing for her.

5. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    I gave it an 8/10.

It was a fun episode; but served as more of an obvious bridge to the next one than anything else. Whomever that assassin clone is gets the intel from a trandoshan (Bossk?) that Phee knows where Omega is, and eventually he's lead to Pabu. Once he threatens to burn the island, it was pretty obvious that Omega would give herself up. And with no apparent tracking devices, they're back to square one. I'm wondering if Hunter might blame Crosshair for Omega being captured again. "You let her be captured?" might be among the first lines you hear from him. The fact that he missed the target for the tracking device kind of hurts his defense. We'll see.

6. clonegeek

clonegeek Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 28, 2022
    The Trandoshan was Cid

7. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Also she’s probably dead

Fredrik Vallestrand likes this.
  8. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Today's installments were a 2-for-1 special on Disney Plus. Honestly, I hope Cid was killed when the Empire got intel from her. Ventress was indeed the Harbinger. There must be force sensitivity running through all members of The Bad Batch. Both Hunter and Wrecker got the feeling something was up. But their chance to escape went up in flames before they knew it. RIP Murauder you poor ugly shuttle.

Omega had set Tech's goggles and her Bad Batch Doll aside to leave a piece of them behind. That ship was home and its destruction was the point of no return. By the end of the episode, Omega is kidnapped again. Wrecker is injured. Crosshair still can't snipe to save his life. Hunter is... IDK. I wonder how quickly this happened after Ventress left. I think it's all down hill from here and canon chains The Bad Batch down to a "Everyone Dies" with a pinch of "The Bad Guy Wins" sort of ending.

This episode calls back to "The Solidary Clone" in season two. But Crosshair is now on the opposing side of it as the Empire invades Pabu looking for one person. Crosshair has almost taken over from Hunter as the best dad. He even tries to comfort Omega multiple times during the episode when her magic girl complex can't take it anymore. He is such a compelling character. I felt sorry for him because it seemed like he knew they were screwed. He knows how the Empire curb stomps to get what they want. I wonder if not being able to make that one shot will be a breaking point for him.

I would think both Hunter and Wrecker will be livid with Crosshair. They still don't trust him. I doubt they'll split up. That should be a conflict to overcome because I don't think the Empire will entirely leave Pabu after capturing Omega. I think Hunter, Wrecker, and Crosshair are still going to have to escape. That will probably happen off screen though with the next episode or two centered around Omega. They'll pop up being actively searching or when Omega and Emarie team up for the win. I have to say, as much as I want Clone X to be Cody, the needle does move a little in favor for the Tech is alive folks. That guy used lots of big words in this episode and I wondered if Omega pulling out the goggles and leaving them behind meant something more. The execution of an idea as bad as that one will have to be incredible for me to accept it.

The obvious prediction as I said is Omega being the ultimate hero and teaming up with Emarie to get the coordinates of Tantiss to Echo(?). However, I think The Bad Batch/ Rex can find it by following the M-Count lead. There is also the possibility Phee will discover her ship was hacked. Do you remember how cool Hunter was in "Cut and Run" when he went full rage mode on those Clone Troopers at the Spaceport? It seems like that may have happened off-screen when the Pyke was captured. It would be mildly interesting if Hunter went full rage mode on Fennic or even Cid looking for answers.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2024
  9. Jedi Master Frizzy

Jedi Master Frizzy Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    10/10 for this episode too, great tension and action.

Bor Mullet and Ody_Mandrell like this.
  10. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    There should be complaining about both of them having the Force.

Alarinne and The Shadow Emperor like this.
  11. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    Gonna give this a 10/10 too. Both episodes today got to me a bit, Omega has really become a character I care about and her selflessness was expected but well done. Also, big sigh of relief when Batcher showed up unharmed near the end.

12. The Chalk Jedi

The Chalk Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2019
    This was good too, but we've seen it before. I'm certain almost the exact same plot has happened before, with Omega deciding to let herself be captured. Nevertheless, the music and action were good, and the evil Darth Clone is CLEARLY Tech. Darth Tech, I'll call him.

So Omega will heal Darth Tech's soul and they will free everyone at the kiddie prison.

And the dads and maybe adult Omega will sacrifice themselves with glorious revolutionary deaths.

whostheBossk likes this.
  13. ShayaLothal

ShayaLothal Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 14, 2023
    I thought the same! I was like " she hid two so they get only the first!"

whostheBossk and B3 like this.
  14. Aah Fisto

Aah Fisto Jedi Master star 2

May 30, 2020
    Great episode. I really thought Crosshair was going to make the shot after the issues with his hand and Omega helping him with it. Felt like it was coming full circle with Crosshair having his aim back so it was really quite crushing to watch when it missed with a whimper.

Wonder where this will leave the squad and any remaining tension with Crosshair.

I’ve said it many times before, but even in TCW I just couldn’t stand or warm to Crosshair as a character but I find myself caring about him more than any of the others at this point. Been a great arc for him

StoneRiver, Happy Sando and Wolf43 like this.
  15. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Well he was always cold as Dee Bradley baker put it. There was a little light to guide him back this time

Aah Fisto likes this.
  16. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Phenomenal episode, on a visual, aural and dramatic level. Hunter failing to steal the ship and Crosshair missing his shot took my breath away, they were that unexpected (especially for a Filoni joint).
    Wrecker being unconscious the whole time, Hunter failing to steal the ship, Crosshair missing the essential shot, and the overwhelming success of the Imperial mission, were all unexpected to me.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2024
    Bibliora, Slater, LedReader and 3 others like this.
  17. Fin McCool

Fin McCool Jedi Master star 4

Apr 18, 2015
    Grave music, build-up version, suggested to me that there would be no escape this time.

18. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Even better. The unexpected was unexpected, but not so unexpected as to come out of nowhere. In other words, well done.

19. JoshieHewls

JoshieHewls Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 16, 2013
    Some really great writing in this one. Once Omega opted to surrender herself to the Empire, I thought for sure that we would see the usual thing where the hero's plan works out and that Crosshair would be able to get the tracker on the ship. Lo and behold, he fails. Now I really want to see how Omega gets out of her predicament. Freaking well done.

The Bad Batch went from a show that I thought was okay to some of the best Star Wars content out there. I kind of wish Rebels had been this serious and adult throughout more of its run.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2024
    Bibliora and jedi_master_ousley like this.
  20. Ghost Ryder

Ghost Ryder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 16, 2016
    This one definitely has its moments, and is overall effective. The moment with Lula and the goggles was the most poignant; for Omega's coming of age, it could be showing that she doesn't feel a need to keep those items to hold on to what they represent. I also like her meditative breath at the end, and I take it as just a good sign of resolve (and perhaps a literal deep breath before the plunge). I really wanted Crosshair to make that shot, so that was well done, and I like the progression of Wrecker and Hunter being removed from the action.

Outside of that, while I sympathize with the people of Pabu, the overall sequence didn't exactly get me to the edge of my seat. I wonder if there just wasn't enough of a personal-level connection in the time the Batch spent there, if it's a place where everything is generically nice unless one goes far enough out to sea. Maybe a rewatch would help. Anyway, the episode comes out to a 7 for me.

As something that neither helped nor hurt this episode, it occurred to me that one could probably skip The Harbinger, and the only point of confusion here would be the Batch intending to relocate. Yes, I have some lingering frustration there. :)

Last edited: Apr 5, 2024
  21. Maythe14thBeWithYou

Maythe14thBeWithYou Jedi Master star 4

May 26, 2014
    I gave this a 10/10.

OH NO!!!

This episode was great and really had me on the edge of my seat. First, I thought Wrecker had been killed at first, for a split second. There was so much tension and I kind of suspected where it'd go, but was hoping some way Omega didn't have to go through with her plan. I saw it coming because she is so selfless. I knew she couldn't just let Pabu be destroyed. All this being said, I'm not sure how they get her back again. I know they probably will, but can't think of where they go next literally and metaphorically.

Happy Sando likes this.
  22. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Force Ghost star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    Originally I was thinking Omega hid a tracker inside her jacket behind the other one, but now I think, especially with her meditation at the end, she will use telepathy to contact Ventress or someone.
    I'd imagine the rest will learn of this and gather the Clones for one last battle.

23. Sproj

Sproj Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2019
    I still want to know why Clone X said not to kill the ‘third’ clone and which clone was this about?

I would imagine we all assume it is Crosshairs but why should he not also be killed?

24. Force Nexus

Force Nexus Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2022
    He didn't say that. He said that he neutralized the two clones that were with her, but not the third, and thus they should stay alert, because Omega giving herself up might be a ruse.

Slater and Sproj like this.
  25. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Retired Superninja star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 31, 2012
    So… those were two great episodes. I don’t know who the hell Clone X is but one thing I’m certain of…

…Hunter is definitely on his ship. No question.

Sproj, Seerow and whostheBossk like this.