main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Bad Batch The Bad Batch 3.13 - Into the Breach - Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Apr 16, 2024.

Tags:
?

Grade the episode

Poll closed Apr 24, 2024.
  1. 10

5.4%
  2. 9

13.5%
  3. 8

35.1%
  4. 7

27.0%
  5. 6

8.1%
  6. 5

2.7%
  7. 4

5.4%
  8. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1

2.7%
  1. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Episode 3.13!!
    Into the Breach

-------------------------------------

Discussion of New Episodes - Rules
    (1) One of the mods will post each week's episode thread a day or two before it airs on Disney+.

(2) Official episode commentary may be posted in this episode thread.

(3) Discussion in the actual episode thread will be limited to that specific episode, NOT future episodes; past episodes may be referenced. Speculation based on released material is permitted.

(4) The Bad Batch episodes air on Wednesday on Disney+. Anyone who shares plot details about an episode before then must use spoiler tags. After that folks will begin discussing their reviews and thoughts without tags which will likely include spoilers. To anyone concerned about being spoiled before watching the episode it is your responsibility to avoid the thread until you have had your chance to view.

(5) All leaks and rumors must be spoiler tagged until they are either proven or disproven.

(6) Reviews for each episode may be posted once they have aired. One of the mods will add a grading poll to that episode's discussion thread.

bad-batch-declassified-into-the-breach_article-feature_5a9d2612.jpeg

Last edited: Apr 18, 2024
    whostheBossk likes this.
  2. Happy Sando

Happy Sando Jedi Master star 4

Jun 23, 2023
    Once more, dear friends...

...and then a couple more times for a couple more Wednesdays, but still. [face_laugh]

Etav Byx and Sarge like this.
  3. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    This is where the fun begins

Count Yubnub likes this.
  4. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    How does this title give me Landing at Point Rain, Weapons Factory, and Plan of Dissent vibes all at once?

5. Sproj

Sproj Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2019
    Wow we finally got the Star Wars - Pacific Rim cross over we never knew we needed! Having a Zillo beast come out from the breach to confront the Yaegars was masterful and to hear Obi-wan call out to the lead pilot through the force to show he was drift compatible was just genius, especially when he telepathically told Charlie Hunam’s character he was the chosen one to become his co-pilot. Anakin’s jealousy was a bit to teen rom com for me but I applaud the originality of the episode.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2024
    Sarge and Bibliora like this.
  6. Cos Palpatine

Cos Palpatine Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 5, 2022
    I thought this episode was gonna be the Batch visiting Niamos but then realized I misread the title.

Riv_Shiel and Sarge like this.
  7. clonegeek

clonegeek Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 28, 2022
    The whole episode is able Rampart trying to get his toaster fixed

8. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Wait, what? Omeega was a breach birth? I never knew that!

Fin McCool likes this.
  9. Bibliora

Bibliora Jedi Knight star 3

May 24, 2023
    Something of a non event episode. Rather moving people places needed for the finale. Sadly, I don't think we are getting a full out clone assault on Tantiss, just the guys. I did want the former clone army to get a bit of revenge.

Sarge and whostheBossk like this.
  10. Force Nexus

Force Nexus Jedi Master star 3

Jun 22, 2022
    Not much to say about it, really. Just more setup. The plot is moving, but at a snail's pace. At this point, the show has become all about the barely moving plot and the minutiae of moving from point A to point B. They seem to have dropped any attempts at characterization — there is none. Echo showed up, but he's just a plot device. At least, compared to the last episode, this one had some tension, as they had to sneak around, and not just do pew pew pew for 15 minutes. I also have no idea what they expect going to Tantiss as just four people. They can't be this stupid thinking they can pull this off. Unless they contact Rex somehow, or there is some deus ex machina in the form of Zillo Beast that Omega will magically befriend, a la Rebels' space whales. But even with Rex, he doesn't have enough men for a full Tantiss assault, and I don't understand how they expect to walk away from it, both in terms of their lives and legally, given that Rex has no problem with the Empire in Rebels. I also don't see how there can be resolution with Wolffe, as he is still firmly Imperial, unless it happens off-screen, like most of the Rex stuff, only to move the chess pieces where they need to be in order to make sense for Rebels. I also really dislike how super confident Omega is and how easy it seems to escape. I dislike Omega in general, I think she is not a real character, she actively prevented the show from being something interesting, and she hasn't experienced any real, consequential failure in 3 seasons of this show. Therefore, I don't expect any of those kids from the Vault to die because of her, because this is a Disney show, so I am not particularly "on the edge of my seat". They'll be fine. Pretending otherwise would be silly.

On the bright side, it looked and sounded good, as usual. The animation never disappoints in that regard. And Rampart was funny.

Also, in retrospect, episode 2 of this season was rather pointless. Remember the episode where they downloaded some data from the abandoned Imperial facility, the one with slither vines? They got the system in which Tantiss was located. Well, that didn't come up ever again and was not useful. Same with whatever they were doing at the Outpost planet. Same with those 30000 credits Omega won from that fat Imperial at that planet. They could have paid Fennec, instead of doing that boring monster of the week mission for her, only for her to tell them that she can't actually help them, but she knows someone who might... The point is, this show really loves wasting your time. It didn't need 15 episodes. At this point I just really want to get over with it.

11. Happy Sando

Jun 23, 2023
    "Where is your captain?"
    "Er... captaining."
    "Heh."

Along with Rampart being a sassy jerk, and the editing of the final thirty seconds, that made this an instant 11/10 for me. [face_laugh]

[​IMG]

12. Force Nexus

Jun 22, 2022
    That's not her failure, though, so I don't know what you are trying to say here. And the way this show has handled the loss of Tech was rather disappointing overall. Again, to reiterate what I said about the past episodes, they didn't talk about his loss on-screen, we didn't see Crosshair's immediate reaction, etc. His loss is treated like a minor inconvenient nuisance. "Oh, that guy? Yeah, kinda sucks that he is gone, he could have broken the encryption, but whatevs." On the bright side, at least they didn't bring him back, lol.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2024
    Alarinne likes this.
  13. Happy Sando

Jun 23, 2023
    Sorry, but just how freakin' miserable do you want this show to be? Omega has been hunted by multiple bounty hunters, watched her home obliterated (while still inside of it), struggled to help her conflicted brother Crosshair, watched another brother die in front of her eyes, been betrayed, imprisoned, and subjected to medical experimentation numerous times, and you're still advocating that she needs to fail to be interesting...?

If anything, her continued optimism, heroism, and determination in the face of all that is what makes her a better character, not a worse one.

14. Guidman

Guidman Skywalker Saga Mod and Trivia Host star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 29, 2016
    Rampart livened up this episode but otherwise it was moving a pawn one space on the board. At this point, I'm just ready for this series to end. 6/10

IG_2000, Sarge and Force Nexus like this.
  15. Force Nexus

Jun 22, 2022
    Miserable enough for me to actually care. It's interesting when characters actually fail, when characters have actual flaws that result in failure, and it is interesting for the characters to overcome those flaws, become better and succeed. Omega has no meaningful character flaws, her choices don't have consequences, she doesn't suffer for them, and they don't have any lasting impact. Everything you mentioned happened independent of her, and she had no real agency in the matter. Case in point for what I mean: season 1 of Clone Wars, Ahsoka is leading her first assault on Ryloth, and her entire squadron dies on her orders, because she got overconfident and cocky. This was entirely on her, due to her human character flaws, due to her failing to listen, and then suffering the consequences of it, having her squadron killed, the fleet having to retreat, and her being crushed mentally. There was nothing like that for Omega throughout this entire show. Because she doesn't have real human flaws that can cause her to make a bad decision, and there was never a time where her bad decision led to disastrous consequences, with people being killed and it actually dawning on her, and forcing her to learn and overcome her character flaws and get better.
    I disagree. To me, she doesn't feel like a real character. She is way too perfect and unrealistic. She doesn't feel like a real person. Even Luke had his moments of despair and darkness. Omega is just 100% morally pure, perfect magic princess, who gets along with everyone, who is loved by everyone, who controls everyone's actions, who dictates the plot that revolves entirely around her, who always gets what she wants, and who always does the right thing at all times. She is just too perfect. All of her "imperfections", like her being naive or physically weak, only facilitate her status as the magic princess, and those flaws are not real negative flaws, but rather something more to empower her, showing her succeeding despite of it. She was never once hurt, beaten, etc. She feels entirely invincible and I feel no tension watching anything with her.

Sarge, darkspine10 and Alarinne like this.
  16. Foreign32567

Foreign32567 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 4, 2021
    Imperial station looks way better with TCW-style animation than in Rebels.

Seems like an amount of Imperials with beards in this season was a build up for Rampart keeping it after escape.

Fin McCool, Bibliora and Etav Byx like this.
  17. DannyD

DannyD Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2017
    I do wish the Imperials would give the kids a change of clothes.

Are there other "Mount Tantiss" shown in the establishing shots because there's more than one set of experiments or warehouses? (I'm looking forward to Vault experiment updates, à la Fallout. :) )

Rampart was fun. I can see him giving a Shakespearean-style mini-speech before being sent off.

18. Etav Byx

Etav Byx Jedi Grand Master star 1

Jul 28, 1998
    Meh. An inoffensive episode, and a 25-minute distraction to break up the day. It's too bad we're getting this type of episode with so few left.

Alarinne and Sarge like this.
  19. Jedi Master Frizzy

Jedi Master Frizzy Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Good setup episode for te last two Tantiss episodes. I love sassy Rampart. And good on for Omega already finding an escape route.

And yeah i doubt we will deal with the Clone Rebellion in this show. Rex and Echo barely been in this season. I fullt expect a clone Rebellion show with Rex as the lead character. Bad Batch will do the escape with kids off Tantiss.

20. ShayaLothal

ShayaLothal Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 14, 2023
    I am just starting to have a bad feeling about how this will end.
    And I don't think I could handle the loss of another part of the Batch.
    I am too invested, sorry not sorry....
    Could it be that Omega goes off with the force sensitive kids to be trained with Ventress in a spin off ( and magically reapper after tehe sequels , in live action?) and the rest of the batch joins Rex for a clone rebellion (and then well... hope they survive)?
    I don't know.
    I don't want to loose another of them and I want to see them all in live action so...
    ... I know that the jump to live action can be scary and I was scared for my Rebels Ezra but then...
    ... we god space jesus Eman and well he is more Ezra than Ezra so...

Going back to the episode... I liked it and I was on the verge of my seat ?
    And also
    Did I miss something or where the heck is my girl Batcher??????

Sproj likes this.
  21. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Setup is kinda important for payoff. Just saying. I don’t agree with this desire for things to move quickly to a resolution, or for every episode to have massive events happen in it.

22. theorenwulf

theorenwulf Jedi Master star 2

Jul 12, 2015
    Decent episode but really not much left to say. I really loved the first two seasons of Bad Batch but Season 3 while still being good definetely has lost some steam. I'm no longer sad this will end. The episode was decent enough but it all felt like stuff we'd seen before. Curious how this all will end nonetheless.

7/10 from me.

Sarge likes this.
  23. DLCV

DLCV Jedi Master star 3

Dec 14, 2020
    Interesting prologue for the finale, only 2 more, hope for the last episode be a movie like the first episode
    8/10

Happy Sando likes this.
  24. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Force Ghost star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    We will need a long ending for sure. I'd say we're owed that at this point. Some good points made here about so much set up, but no real follow ups made. There is still time but the clock has been ticking while spending a lot of time/effort on getting to Tantiss.
    I liked the episode as you get to see how a infiltration works and each member had an important job. Even Rampart who was great. It's just that we've seen them all do this before and Omega has gotten out before and ..it just takes away the pizzazz if we are seeing it again.
    I, like many, really really Really wanted to see the Clone vs Stormtrooper Rebellion and it may not happen. Good to see Echo again and he is the key to getting with Rex and forming a plan to invade Tantiss. I'm not sure we'll see it, at least not in TBB, maybe in a spinoff? This was a good set up for the ending of the show and I like how it was done in stealth mode even though it kinda seemed impossible for the imperials not to catch them. Not a lot of blasters needed for this one.

Alarinne likes this.
  25. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Characters jumping through hoops in an effort to make this seem difficult. Get on with it, already.

Theo333 likes this.