main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Bad Batch The Bad Batch 3.13 - Into the Breach - Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Apr 16, 2024.

Tags:
?

Grade the episode

Poll closed Apr 24, 2024.
  1. 10

5.4%
  2. 9

13.5%
  3. 8

35.1%
  4. 7

27.0%
  5. 6

8.1%
  6. 5

2.7%
  7. 4

5.4%
  8. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1

2.7%
  1. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    It’s pretty simple. The Batch approached the ship from behind while the people on the bridge were facing forward. That’s what they have proximity sensors for. The only question I’d have is why didn’t they know that their sensors were taken offline but… you know… Star Wars gonna Star Wars. :p

Happy Sando, LedReader and Sarge like this.
  2. Bibliora

Bibliora Jedi Knight star 3

May 24, 2023
    Everyone has a right to their own opinion about TBB. Not every episode is a gem of amazement. However, it is a downer to hear how much everyone dislikes one thing or another. I, personally, may have given this ep only a 7, but I still enjoy the worst of TBB over weekly crime procedurals.

3. Foreign32567

Foreign32567 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 4, 2021
    Wonder what will be Chuchi's role in the series finale. Maybe she will try to tell the Senate about Tantiss with information from the BB and Rex, but because of Palpatine's countermeasures will have to escape from Coruscant.

Also Singh can play a role by providing clones with info about some secret warehouse, so that they can use CIS weapons and ships for attack.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2024
  4. Jedi Master Frizzy

Jedi Master Frizzy Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    8/10 for this episode. Liked this episode. Its Andor vibes.

5. DannyD

DannyD Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2017
    So the Bad Batch becomes a much bigger Bad Batch with lots of other (potentially memorable/named) clones? It would call back to several previous episodes...

Sproj likes this.
  6. StoneRiver

StoneRiver Force Ghost star 4

Oct 6, 2004
    When judging this we really should try to remember that at it's core, this cartoon is a kids show.

Fredrik Vallestrand likes this.
  7. Jedi Master Frizzy

Jan 15, 2018
    And this is the darker of kids show

8. Force Nexus

Force Nexus Jedi Master star 3

Jun 22, 2022
    Being for "kids" is not a go out of jail free card to deflect all criticism. Star Wars movies are also for kids. George famously said they are for 12 year olds, yes, even the original trilogy. What you are saying is that it's okay to give kids bad content, and you diminish animation as a medium by saying that it's okay for it to be bad.

Sarge, darkspine10, Bibliora and 2 others like this.
  9. Foreign32567

Jun 4, 2021
    Seems like it is an overreaction on criticism of Rebels where stormtroopers were constantly killed, rather regularly in a gruesome way.

10. Jedi Master Frizzy

Jan 15, 2018
    Stun is also for not hearing people getting killed in a base. I think you just tired of Star Wars animation.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2024
  11. Force Nexus

Jun 22, 2022
    There was nothing "gruesome" about Rebels. Even though they had multiple Jedi characters, I don't recall lightsaber being used against stormtroopers to cut them down even once in all four seasons. Stormtroopers were usually just shot or blown up. But then again, Rebels was a TV-Y7 show on DisneyXD channel, it was supposed to be much lighter. Whereas Bad Batch is supposed to be PG. But it's somehow even more toothless than Rebels, lol, which I thought was impossible.

12. Foreign32567

Jun 4, 2021
    Rating does not matter when implications are eloquent enough, and it was especially clear in season 4 that Trandoshan miner was burned alive, stormtroopers were mauled by wolves and Rukh met very painful death. More importantly, protagonists were rather cynic/even mocking about it.

13. IG_2000

IG_2000 Force Ghost star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    No, I’m just expressing my honest thoughts after waiting for this season to pick up for months now. I think I have a right to do that. I used to watch and love The Clone Wars religiously on a week to week basis while everyone here proclaimed it to be a dumpster fire. I am now an old man and it’s my turn to be a curmudgeon!

14. Jedi Master Frizzy

Jan 15, 2018
    The stun complaint almost silly to me when you can hear blaster shoots and not stuns. Its a creative choice on part of the team. And this show is more like Andor where Clone Wars and Rebels are more like ANH adventure.

15. Force Nexus

Jun 22, 2022
    Stun complaint is entirely valid, because they use it 90% of the time, and not just when infiltrating something and trying to be stealthy. It's really just dumb, especially in the episode like War Mantle, where they exclusively stunned stormtroopers for no reason when escaping the facility with Gregor, after they've been compromised and the entire base was after them. Or like that episode where Echo and other clones were assaulting an Imperial ship in S2, used stun for no reason, in a life or death scenario, where stormtroopers were actively trying to kill them. This is Star Wars, not Stun Wars. And clones are hardened warriors, war veterans, pissed off veterans. It is understandable why they wouldn't want to kill their brothers clones, but not stormtroopers - those that came to replace them, those that don't even like them, those that imprison and subjugate their brothers to horrific experiments. And the show hasn't explicitly provided any reason for why they don't just shoot them. Even a show for 7 year olds, like Rebels, was not afraid to shoot freaking stormtroopers. There hasn't been a single entry in the entirety of this franchise where they used stun as much. And no, this show is nothing like Andor. Bad Batch is not dark. It's only "dark" for twitter fanbase, that gets a heart attack because the ship got blown up and gonky almost died OMG! It barely has any substance. And Clone Wars is nothing like "ANH adventure" after the first season, and even in the first season, there was a variety of genres and tone. Stop saying things just for the sake of saying them, and back your claims with some actual argumentation.

16. StoneRiver

StoneRiver Force Ghost star 4

Oct 6, 2004
    Totally, and I'm not saying it is. But some of the criticisms...

17. Jedi Master Frizzy

Jan 15, 2018
    Stun is creative choice like Rebels Killing storm troopers. And Bad Batch is Andor level dark with its themes and choices. We see prison like Andor and it involves kids. You can dislike the show, but dont deny that fact.

18. Force Nexus

Jun 22, 2022
    No, it's not a creative choice. It's a stupid choice that makes no sense, and worst of all, it's not consistent within the show itself - which you entirely ignored in my post. But you'll defend pretty much anything, so I am not surprised.
    Andor did not invent prisons. More so, Andor ripped it off almost entirely from THX-1138. Andor did not invent Star Wars politics. Bad Batch did not invent children being kidnapped and experimented on. There is nothing particularly dark about Bad Batch. Maybe its visuals, because sometimes you just can't see a thing.
    You haven't stated anything factual, only misinformed conjectures, and your posts lack any coherent baseline argumentation.

19. FromDromundKaasWithLove

FromDromundKaasWithLove Jedi Master star 3

Jan 20, 2020
    What did Andor's prison rip off from THX-1138's prison?

20. Jedi Master Frizzy

Jan 15, 2018
    Star Wars rips of Dune/Flash Gordon/Seven Samurai and more.

21. FromDromundKaasWithLove

Jan 20, 2020
    I keep seeing this and I have to ask: have you seen any of these movies? Can you actually lay out what Star Wars rips off?

Because calling something specifically a rip-off implies something down to plot details. It's not just stuff like: desert world, evil emperor, people who live in a desert, something called spice.

For example, the "Bounty Hunters" episode in TCW is clearly loosely based on the story premise of the Seven Samurai, but it's not a rip-off because it lacks a lot of similiarities.

22. Jedi Master Frizzy

Jan 15, 2018
    I have. Star Wars has its Fortress it has its sand planet. Tatooine is basically Dune.

23. Force Nexus

Jun 22, 2022
    Similar visual language of a sterile, white, dehumanizing environment. Similar prison outfits. The whole thing with them working at the assembly line in the prison industrial complex.
    [​IMG]
    Rip off may be a strong word, but it definitely pays homage or borrows, if you like to use that word, not only visual aesthetics, but thematic core as well.
    It's true, that Star Wars has always done that.

But it's rather annoying when Andor zealots claim that Andor is something truly novel and never-seen-before, and that everything post-Andor that has politics or prison or anything similar is doing Andor, when Andor did not invent any of those things in Star Wars.

Sarge likes this.
  24. FromDromundKaasWithLove

Jan 20, 2020
    Think about the plot of A New Hope and the plot of Dune. Now, tell me how they heavily mirror each other plotwise. That's what a ripoff is, basically.

Specifically "Rip off" is too strong a word if those are the only similiarities. I expected to hear there was an electric floor, or something directly comparative to it, in THX-1138's prison.

I do get your sentiment and frustration, however.

25. Bibliora

Bibliora Jedi Knight star 3

May 24, 2023
    I'm trying to consider Rebel's a kid show. It's every quirky and cute droid, aka Chopper, kills over 50,000 storm troopers. Slicing up a few Empire baddies with a light saber seems almost kind instead of being blown up. And then there is Maul, I'm sure all the kiddies watching rebels wanted a Darth Maul doll for Christmas. Oh, and Rebels also got to spend time with Thrawn, Darth Vader and the Inquisitors. Unless there are Ewoks involved, I don't think much of SW is what I think of kiddie shows. I'm not saying these shows are not for kids, but they are not cute and cuddly, they are dark and at times filled with dread.