main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Bad Batch The Bad Batch Season 2 Discussion (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Sep 2, 2021.

1. Force Nexus

Force Nexus Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 22, 2022
    *sigh*
    December 4th, one month until release. Still no trailer. Come on, Lucasfilm I-)

clone commander bossk likes this.
  2. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    A week until new trailer i guess after ANDOR is now finnished

3. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 7

Apr 6, 2018
    I’m very much looking forward to Bad Batch S2, though it’s almost unfair that it has such a tough act to follow in the near universally-lauded Andor. Almost think it would’ve been better to try to release it before Andor, so it could avoid irrelevant comparisons.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2022
  4. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Could be they just wanted the animated show to act as a buffer between Andor and Mando Season 3. The Bad Batch being pushed back for Kenobi makes sense. The Clone Wars, Kenobi, Rebels, and Mando are all connected by the children of the force subplot. If any of the leaks are true. The Bad Batch season 2 will make a substantial contribution to that subplot and make a tonal shift to match the live-action shows. Perhaps touch on the beginnings of the underground railroad to help force users to escape mentioned in Kenobi.

Besides being great, I don't think there is any reason Andor needed to come first other than they wanted it out on Disney+ before the end of the year. Perhaps because season 2 of that show is supposedly filming. Andor is its own thing and is probably going to tackle its own questions. Coruscant may appear but I doubt The Bad Batch season 2 will really have any direct connections to Andor like how Fennic Shand popped up. But I don't know if it's really the best thing for Andor to do more flashbacks to Kenari either and I would like to know what happened there at the beginning of the show. The Bad Batch seems like it could tackle a little of that.

5. Cos Palpatine

Cos Palpatine Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 5, 2022
    Strangely enough, after watching and loving Andor, it's made me even more excited for Bad Batch 2, because it's so different. I don't know how to explain it but...it's like I've had my fill of the gritty realism that is Andor and am satisfied for now, and now I'm looking forward the total shift from live-action to animation as well as the shift in tone (although I suspect BB2 might be a little more serious than the first season.) It's like the different flavors of SW that people have likened the different tones to. Changing flavors can make you appreciate each different one more by contrast IMO. As for irrelevant comparisons I think the two shows are too apples and oranges to compare fairly so I'm not going to try and not do that but I'm sure that some folks inevitably will.

6. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Bad Batch season 2 for me is my most excited tv show now. And give me all the cameos, and connections to the live action tv shows and movies.

7. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    One of the things I like Bad Batch is the era it takes place. It's very interesting to see more early empire. I think some things happen bit too fast in canon though.

8. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I think this season is where we will see the beginning of the early Empire. We saw little of it in Season 1 but season 2 will be full steam ahead. Clones beginning to be phased out and stormtroopers replacing them. Palpatine adress the senate and a new world order begins. The Inquisitors will be brought in once we see Jedi Survivors. Admiral Rampart and Crosshair working together to bring out Emperor's designs. Cody's redemption and Rex plan to organize early clone rebellion.

9. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    I am bit bothered that Empire seems too small in Bad Batch. They use Rampart far too much. It makes no sense that he seems to be responsible for everything that happens in the Empire. He is there at the army project, War Mantle, representing Tarkin, yet we also see him talking about chain codes on Saleucami and changing money on Pantora. It makes no sense since those are not connected to his role. They should be part of civil matters anyway, not Rampart's business at all. Or any Admiral's. Empire should already have several key officers, not just Tarkin and his one lackey.

I understand that they have lot of work to create animation models so they want to reuse them as much as possible, but after re-watching 1st season this irritated me so much. At least we had another officer on Raxus, some female captain, but having Rampart as multipurpose imperial face needs to stop. More new imperial officers and let Rampart to focus on War Mantle.

The Shadow Emperor likes this.
  10. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I can get behind the idea that Chain codes was Rampart's idea and his larger project is War Mantle. He will be this shows own Tarkin.

11. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    Seems bit far-fetched to me, but well it makes it easier to identify volunteers. Still Rampart should also have more officers under his command. Loyal clones maybe? I hope this gets better when so progresses.

Well maybe Rampart is for some reason selected as official imperial face, or ideal officer and his likeness is used for all official matters :D But this needs to be established. Now it was bit weird to see him doing everything...

12. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    In Season 2 we will know about his role in the EMPIRE then just an Imperial Admiral in the navy. He wants the stormtroopers to replace clones and get away from the Republic. He is allied with Moff Tarkin.

13. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    I hope we would see Yularen too and how ISB is getting formed. Also Coburn maybe or Kilian or Wurtz. I would like to see more how Republic becomes the Empire. I think it's too bad that so few non-clone, non-jedi Republic officers were seen in TCW after all. There were some though, would be interesting to see how they react to order 66, all this Imperialization etc. Will they all accept it, plan it themselves or will some of them object and end up falling out of Palpatine's favor?

Fredrik Vallestrand likes this.
  14. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    Are we still holding out for a chance of Crosshair coming to his senses and rejoining the BB? If that happens who becomes their new pursuer? Rampart is a flag officer with a lot on his plate. They need some competent field commander to lead a team to capture the guys.

15. clone commander bossk

clone commander bossk Ostrich Velocity Expert star 5

Nov 5, 2019
    I'm sure that imperial trooper who used to work with Crosshair will be important later.

Sproj likes this.
  16. Force Nexus

Jun 22, 2022
    These guys. Delta Squad.
    [​IMG]
    One of them - Scorch - was in S1 on Daro training Stormtroopers.
    [​IMG]
    Maybe the rest of the squad will show up in S2. Scorch was featured in S2 trailer as well.

17. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018

I smell trailer coming soon.

18. SyndicThrass

SyndicThrass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 25, 2016
    Watch it be the Celebration trailer again with the new date tagged on.

19. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    This soon i think half new scenes for trailer.

20. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    If they kill Gungi we riot.

21. Force Nexus

Jun 22, 2022
    I think they should kill him. S2 needs to get darker and amp up the stakes.

Cos Palpatine likes this.
  22. SyndicThrass

SyndicThrass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 25, 2016
    Far as I’m concerned the Mount Tantiss stuff is the real meat and potatoes of this season.

23. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    Is the Inquisitor from Resolve dead circa S02?

24. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I'm looking to this show. Tales of the Jedi made me long for more Star Wars animation. I've resented the delays. I'm an animation fan and Star Wars animation scatches that certain itch for me, that misses old-school western action animation shows.

I think it would be better to use an OC early Inquisitor so the Bad Batch has a chance to deal with whoever it is by themselves. The Bad Batch could believably handle a low-end Inquisitor like in Resolve. I'm not entirely sure what will happen with Crosshair. If he rejoins the Bad Batch or strikes out on his own. The Bad Batch will need a bad guy to deal with. I've never really had a problem with Rampart being behind things like War Mantle and Chain codes, he is being set up to be the ultimate villain for the Clones. He is The Bad Batch's big bad. He is undermining everything the Clone Troopers ever were, taking everything from them, moving to retire them. Crosshair may eventually kill Rampart. Hunter who just wants to protect both Omega and his brothers also had an unpleasant face-to-face meeting with Rampart. But Rampart is unlikely to handle much on his own. He needs The Dragon to send in.

Reva was leading Storm Troopers in Obi-wan, perhaps an Inquisitor could similarly command a group of KT Troopers and even clones such as Cody on a hunt. Setting aside the obvious ROTS and live-action shows. The Clone Wars killed Kalifa and the girl Ahsoka met on Carlac in a later episode of the same show. Also, Maul killed children hostages off-screen at the end of season 4. Maybe they will kill off Gungi and some more young Jedi.

25. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Gungi needs to live to the post ST ERA. We need our Wookie jedi to live to new golden era of jedi. It can be dark without killing Younglings.