main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Comics The Battle of Jakku Maxiseries (Oct 2024)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by darthzac14, Jul 22, 2024.

1. JediFett10

JediFett10 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 8, 2008
    Gives you hope that we might see
    Rax
    in the comic as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Foreign32567

Foreign32567 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 4, 2021
    Good to have him finally pictured.
    Wonder if Kiza will appear there as well.

Seems like Acolytes will indeed confront Luke, and that will be connected with his mission on Pillio from Battlefront II.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2024
  3. beetzello

beetzello Jedi Grand Master star 2

May 17, 2002
    There’s gonna be some definite political evolution in Canon Star Wars leading from the post-ROTJ events all the way to the Starkiller tragedy. One wonders if the First Order/Snoke/Palps Clone contingent are in the shadows right now waiting to see what happens with Thrawn’s eventual New Republic incursions, and amid that chaos, the First Order/Snoke/Palps Clone contingent quietly works to buy time to get their allies galvanized and organized to more skillfully prepare politically in order to quash whoever emerges as the victor and to fully present the post-Mando era of the First Order. And I say “more skillfully prepare politically” quite intentionally because Zahn’s Canon Thrawn books portray Thrawn as having political blindspots, which, right now, are not liabilities for his allies, but eventually, the Snoke puppet guided by Palps should be able to easily dominate and destroy whatever coalition/political entity that emerges from Thrawn’s Mando-era victories.

4. Sable_Hart

Sable_Hart Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2009
    If Filoni decides to go for a grand galaxywide event post-Jakku/pre-SKB, he has a creative imperative to weave the narrative threads together.
    That means directly incorporating and fleshing out the Emperor's machinations from Exegol, as the Bad Batch started to do in season 3.
    He has an opportunity to take an enormously controversial creative decision from JJ Abrams and make something excellent out of it... which was my beef with the ROS novelization, because I think they absolutely failed to do so, in contrast to Stover's ROTS novelization.

Dave, if you're reading: MAKE IT WORK

5. Darthvader1975

Darthvader1975 Jedi Knight star 3

May 2, 2020
    Stovers ROTS is probably the best novelisation of a sw movie thats been done. It's really good.

Anyway it will be interesting to see where thrawns return to the galaxy in the timeline occurs? It could be in the first 10 years after jedi as someone has said and it could be a conflict that only affects some of the galaxy with the majority livng in relative peace up to the FO.

I also wonder what kind of navy Thrawn will actually have? I doubt he has the resources to actually attack Coruscant but maybe while the NR deal with him Luke is building his academy. I'd imagine Filoni would be keen to have the Rebels crew assist mando, ahsoka and the new Republic in the battle with thrawn.

Thrawn could also provide a welcome distraction post jaaku were Palpatine/snoke can operate in the shadows while the NR attention is diverted elsewhere. The jakku series will probably sow the seeds for whats ahead down the line.

I'm really looking forward to it.

Chrissonofpear2 and beetzello like this.
  6. beetzello

beetzello Jedi Grand Master star 2

May 17, 2002
    Or indirectly. There is already a link between the Emperor's cloning machinations and Gideon's activities on Nevarro (and Mandalore). I don't really care how this actually plays out in the movies/live action/cartoons, but I find it interesting to speculate on how the story unfolds. Obviously none of us have crystal balls to peer into, but story-wise, it feels like the groundwork laid by the Mandalorian and Ahsoka TV shows and the Bad Batch cartoon seems more immediate and seems to give wide berth to Thrawn's Imperial Remnant Coalition to emerge and rise. If that is indeed what Disney is currently setting up AND also setting up the transition from Thrawn's Imperial Remnant Coalition into the First Order/Snoke/Palps Clone contingent, then that would be epically huge! Epically huge for sure, but seems like a lot of story to bite off at that this time.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2024
  7. Foreign32567

Jun 4, 2021
    [​IMG]

8. Darthvader1975

May 2, 2020
    The first issue drops this week.

AusStig and beetzello like this.
  9. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
  10. Darthvader1975

May 2, 2020
  11. Foreign32567

Jun 4, 2021
    Oskure looks old even by Anzati standards, in combination with her words seems possible that she witnessed the fall of the Sith a thousand years ago. Looking forward to her storyline.

Adelhard is more cartoonishly evil than even in the mobile game where he originally appeared, alas. Motivational speech from Vader to him was surprisingly nice.

MercenaryAce likes this.
  12. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Well this was rather enjoyable - as was Adelhard's backstory. I gasped (no pun intended) at the atrocity which made him a Moff.

MercenaryAce likes this.
  13. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 6

Feb 2, 2015
    this would be neat for a retcon/headcanon

We never did get this officer's name in Rebels S4. Never spoke a line on the show. He was on one of Thrawn's ships Blockading Lothal not long after Atollon.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. clonegeek

clonegeek Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 28, 2022
    That's the type of Star Wars retcon I love

Sinrebirth likes this.
  15. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    That was fun.

I do wish that both the story and characters didn't act like it is totally shocking that the Empire didn't instantly vaporize a day or two after Endor.

The TK Troopers from Bad Batch are a nice touch.

Wonder if the Storming of Abortolom and Moraysi Rebellion are just backstory building or if the might be hints at upcoming material.

I see they incorporated his game story of gassing Anoat - though in the game they gassed the planet because they could not find the rebel cell whereas this makes it sound like it would be a tough battle instead.

Though they didn't mention the assassination of his wife, which seems like it would be important to his motivations. Though that was after he became governor so maybe that will be mentioned next issue.

16. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Making him a member of the 7th Fleet is a really smart way to elevate a villain by reference to another one.

I am mildly hyped for this.

17. Foreign32567

Jun 4, 2021
    The second one seems to be a reference to Moraysians, species that was mentioned in Poe Dameron: Free Fall.

MercenaryAce likes this.
  18. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    Indeed. I wonder how this fits into what we learned there - perhaps the failed revolution is why the Pykes were able to strongarm the Moraysians into working for them, possibly with Imperial blessing similar to the Kessel operation.

Ventrix and Foreign32567 like this.
  19. Jedi Master Frizzy

Jedi Master Frizzy Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Loving this comic already.

20. clonegeek

clonegeek Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 28, 2022
    Both works were written by the same guy.

MercenaryAce likes this.
  21. Ewoklord

Ewoklord Jedi Master star 2

Feb 15, 2014
    I'm doing a little "Endor to Jakku" read-through with comics and novels to accompany this event, does anyone know (without too many spoilers) whereabouts this first issue would be placed in regards to Shattered Empire?

22. Foreign32567

Jun 4, 2021
    Concurrently with Shattered Empire #1.

Ewoklord likes this.
  23. Ewoklord

Ewoklord Jedi Master star 2

Feb 15, 2014
    Perfect, thanks!