main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rocky M, NC The "BIG BAD RANT" Thread

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Lodreh, Mar 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kazuma_Kuahara

Kazuma_Kuahara Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 22, 2004
    ~a thought occured during my regular feasting~

Sol, according to the Bible, the Word is your sword against evil. But it is not to be used against man. please think on these words my friend.

2. Kazuma_Kuahara

Apr 22, 2004
    didn't expect to see you here bigred. did ray play with your horn and that is where is headache came from?

3. RAVAGER

RAVAGER Jedi Youngling

Nov 1, 2004
    lol yeah my hot and spicy man-lovin was too much for him

4. joe-da

joe-da Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 7, 2002
    Gleep!

5. Kaiser_Fisto

Kaiser_Fisto Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 10, 2004
    I touched your hot boobies.

6. Kaiser_Fisto

Jun 10, 2004
    "Forgiveness is Divine, but never pay full price for late pizza." ]-}

Always a mood lightener.

7. eddie-wan-kenobi

eddie-wan-kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 14, 2003
  8. Lodreh

Lodreh Jedi Master star 4

Jul 2, 2002
    Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles... Mikey said it when the Domino's Delivery guy was two minutes late.

Lod-Reh SaJon ~
    "If you seek knowledge and understanding look to the Force.
    If you seek pain and suffering look no further than me."

9. Kaiser_Fisto

Jun 10, 2004
    Oh, yeah.
    A classic. [face_coffee]

10. Entropy

Entropy Jedi Padawan star 4

May 30, 2002
    ok i am sorry to intrude on this wonderfull slandering of both sides (ya`ll remind me of a political debate), but i really want to be nosy and find out what is going on. i believe that entropy could give me the best objective description here, which i wish he would.

Essentially, what it comes down to is that every so often we get someone who shows up on the boards and causes a stir. So far it's happened, to some extent or another, with: Mordtat (overly dramatic and aggressive posts), Kiaser (overly dramatic and pointless posts), and Kazuma (overly dramatic and complete disregard for grammar and spelling). In this case it just happens that Sol is the offender.

Whenever someone like this shows up there's usually an adjustment period of a few weeks, where the established members try to get the newcomer to follow the established conventions and respect our desire to maintain the feel of the board. While this usually means that the newcomer has to make more effort to adapt, it also involves effort and patience from the establishment. Sometimes this leads to explosive confrontation, but thus far, has always worked out in peaceful resolution. It's my hope that this instance will work out too, but I'm beginning to wonder if it can.

11. Kaiser_Fisto

Jun 10, 2004
    You must not lose grip on the Staff of Faith. ]-}

12. eddie-wan-kenobi

Jul 14, 2003
    "You must not lose grip on the Staff of Faith"

That just sounds SOOO wrong!

13. joe-da

joe-da Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 7, 2002
    "Staff of Faith"????!!!
    Eliza Dushku is a GUY??!!??? Had me fooled...

14. eddie-wan-kenobi

Jul 14, 2003
    "Eliza Dushku is a GUY??!!??? "

NOOOOO!!!! ITS NOT POSSIBLE!!!!

15. Sol_Badguy

Sol_Badguy Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 25, 2004
    to Ravager

Basicaly, what it boils down to is pretty much like a political debate. Lodreh challenged my views on religion. When I told him what I believe, instead of telling me why Im wrong in his eyes, he decided to call me names (or at least thats how I see it). This is because when it comes to religion, my views are quite set in stone. I express them in a harsh way, as I now can see. Perhaps I was in the wrong in some aspects. Later, Lodreh made a comment about my punctuation and sentance structure, because I tend to type as if I were talking on instant messanger. I have never been on a forum before so I didnt think it was a big deal. I took this as an attack because I knew Lodreh didnt like me. Then I began to say things at the beggining of my posts that were pretty much just smart-ass comments about it. They were essentialy jokes (but I sure did wear it out). That was a stupid mistake on my part. I then attempted to post more...not so stupid or rather...not so anger invoking posts, but every time I ever posted ANYTHING, Lodreh would either say something to try and start an arguement or insult my intelligence in some way (or so it seams). I have been trying to ignore it to a degree. I then posted something on this thread about me not being happy with the amount of republicans around me, and if you have ever been around me, you know thats just what I do. I dont do it in an insulting way, or at least, I dont think I do (I just voice my oppinion as I see things). People usualy learn to not take things so serious around me. Lodreh then replied with a post that was quite offensive. I then calmly typed a rebuddle that was kind of an attempt to explain some things to him. I also told him I was tired of arguing (which is pretty much my way of waving the peace flag). He then responded with an even more offensive post that I will not respond to. I feel as though he doesnt listen. He probably thinks the same, but whatever. This is my recap on the events so far.
    Have a good day.

16. Lodreh

Jul 2, 2002
    RAVAGER... I'll let you decide what has happened... it all begins with my first post on this page. I know... this will require quite a bit of reading... however, it will give you the complete picture.

Lod-Reh SaJon ~

17. JediRiff

JediRiff Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 2, 2002
    I guess its a good thing I missed the republican thing. My only response to that is.... Who is our Commander in Chief for the next four years?

18. Kazuma_Kuahara

Apr 22, 2004
    ahh, thanks sol you reminded of something i needed to ask you. what is your problem with republicans? i have noticed when around you there a few select groups that you seem to really focus on republicans (as you have demonstrated on this board) and another, that i will not say out of respect for the boards. perhaps an old quote from Hamlet (tell me if i was wrong in that) "Me thinks thou doth protest too loudly" are the reasons that you hold such disdain for said groups because you fear them and becoming them? Yes I do generally lean towards the Republican scheme of things, but I do think that certain Democrats from time to time are better than their Rep. counterparts. A well educated voter never just checks the "vote all" box and instead chooses from canidate to canidate which they agree with more. perhaps you should keep in mind though, i am by "default" a republican and all your issues with republican apply to me.

19. RAVAGER

RAVAGER Jedi Youngling

Nov 1, 2004
    ok i decided to quit reading after the second LLOONNGG page of posting. and i don`t know if you people want to know what i think about the subject( if not then just tell me to shut the hell up)...but ne way, before i give you my opion i want all of you to know that i don`t have a problem with anybody. a lot of you know me outside of the boards and you do not voice any concerns with me that you have, so i take it that you have none. i am also not taking sides here, i`m just an objective bystander looking in from the outside. now it appears to me that Sol is by himself in these discussions( i mean that no one is just agreeing with him with out question, makeing it appear that he is defending himself by himself), which i believe would get anybody defensive. now even though i could not agree more with the big three(entropy, lodreh, and mordtat)about questioining ones own religion (and everything else in life), it would appear from the outside that ya`ll were questioning feverishly and almost looking to "pick a fight". (probably wrong choice of words but best i could come up with). Sol also seemed to be a little to sensitive when it comes to religion. from my limited knowledge of the christian religion, the followers are not supposed to get upset about people having different beliefs, but just be there if asked to witness to any who are interested. (if i am wrong please tell me). i think it biols down to both sides need to agree to disagree and leave it at that. lets all try to find some common ground on which to have intelligent conversation and learn to take each other with a grain of salt. now if anyone feels like i`m full of **** then please tell me so i can go to your house and beat the crap out of you lol.

20. Sol_Badguy

Sep 25, 2004
    I dont know who you are...
    But your pretty cool.

21. Sol_Badguy

Sep 25, 2004
    To Kazuma
    Well I would say my biggest problem with republicans is their obsession with money. The only reason rich people vote for Bush is for the tax cut, which invariably will help the rich much more than anyone else.
    I think Victor Wooten summed it up the best in one of his songs:
    Taxes for the poor
    None for the rich
    People starving in America
    Now aint that a bummer

I also have not been satisfied with the job that republicans do in office. Richard Nixons Watergate scandal, Ronald Regans poor choices with reguards to economy in the 80s, etc. Also, any time we have ever had a republican president, we have had a recession.
    One might argue that Democrats have also made mistakes in office. This is true. Im not one sided by any means. I think Arnold is an excellent governor. I do however, take offense to anything said about Clinton. Not only did he give us 8 years of peace and great economy, but he has a realy cool voice. His biggest mistake had nothing to do with his performance as a president. I am part of the Independant party, beacause I neither fully agree or disagree with "the big 2". I am against abortion, and gay people getting merried, but Im all for gun rights (probably because my household has quite a vast collection). I just feel like most people support Bush because everyone else does, and I tend to shy away from what everyone else likes, as you may have noticed. I challenge the common perception of what is normal.
    With reguards to fatt chicks,
    I fell like if you think you can have a bad attitude and complain about your weight when you can do something about it, you are in the wrong. Im not against fat people by any means. Most fat guys are quite jolly and are pleasant to be around. I also do not like walking through the mall and seeing fat chicks with skin tight clothes and celluloid and all that mess, and then some stupid word writen on their butt like bootylicious, or sexy. And then they get an attitude with you right off. Now, some people cant controll their weight. Nick has a very slow metabolism. He cant loose weight very easily, but some people can. Im not against fat chicks in general, just a lot of them. I give everyone a chance before I decide I dont like them.

Sorry if I offend people. I dont do it to be mean.

22. eddie-wan-kenobi

Jul 14, 2003
    "I also do not like walking through the mall and seeing fat chicks with skin tight clothes and celluloid and all that mess, and then some stupid word writen on their butt like bootylicious, or sexy."

Sol, I wont get back into the politics talk anymore, those at Texas Monday saw the results. :) However, I agree 1000% with the above statement. I am overweight myself. I know I need to do something about it, and hopefully I will. But, I try to make the most of my appearance by wearing clothes that COVER my gut up, not show it to the world.

23. Sol_Badguy

Sep 25, 2004
    Im glad you took it the right way.

24. Entropy

Entropy Jedi Padawan star 4

May 30, 2002
    Ravenger wrote: it would appear from the outside that ya`ll were questioning feverishly and almost looking to "pick a fight".

I can't speak for the others, but I can see how you could get that from my arguments. Sol managed to hit on several of my pet peeves with his first couple of posts.

As a Christian, one of the things that annoys me most are Christians whose behavior alienates non-Christians. This usually comes in the form of your steriotypical bible-basher, but it also includes the "holier-than-thou" and "I know the ultimate truth" variety. For reason I've outlined in past posts on the Religion thread, I find that they tend to do a lot more harm than good.

As an individual, I have a very low tolerence for self-promotion. Chances are, if you're really that great then people will figure it out for themselves. You don't have to go around telling them. Therefore, when someones introduction to me invovles something along the lines of "I'm special because..." I automatically lump them into the "dweep" catagory.

25. Lodreh

Jul 2, 2002
    Roger, in the spirit of forgiving I?m going to take the time to show you what?s wrong with your post... I?ll start with the last one on this thread...

?Well I would say my biggest problem with republicans is their obsession with money.?

All inclusive statements like this are unfair and are likely to cause backlash. A better worded statement that could start a thought provoking conversation would have been: ?Well I would say my biggest problem with republicans is that they seem to be more obsessed with money than overall healthcare.? I am a registered Republican as of this last election. I was independent until now. The reason for my change is I found that I am agreeing more and more with republican values.

The underlying principle of Republican belief is, ?I should be able to keep what I earn.? Which means you should pay less taxes and have less socialized programs such as Healthcare for everyone. Not to sound overly cold but as it stands an illegal alien can get treated in the states without paying taxes and we pick up the tab. I do not agree with that. An unwed mother can get a check in the mail each month to raise her child... the way the system is if she has another she gets a bigger check. Again I do not agree with that.

Another problem I have with your post... no flowing logical thought. I am not being cruel... this is what you said...

?The only reason rich people vote for Bush is for the tax cut, which invariably will help the rich much more than anyone else... ( skip to next Bush comment ) I just feel like most people support Bush because everyone else does...?

So what I?m getting from this is since the majority of the country voted for Bush then the majority of the country is rich... because why vote for someone that wouldn?t help you. The overall argument just doesn?t make a whole lot of sense. Reread some of your previous post and I?m sure you can see why we kept on you about posting clearly and concisely.

This is probably the most odd thing you have said to date...

?...and I tend to shy away from what everyone else likes, as you may have noticed. I challenge the common perception of what is normal.?

You read my Religion Thread... you should know by now that I ?challenge the common perception of what is normal?... an example... the majority of this great nation is Christian... I?m not... not because I?m trying to be different... I found out that I truly did not believe. Lastly, in that very same thread you tried to demean a friend of mine and myself for ?challenging your beliefs? going on about how it is not becoming of us. I personally challenge everyone and everything, including myself... I do this not to piss people off but to further my own understanding.

Look at it as an idea... Example: ?I think people should only drink grape soda.? Mordtat points out that everyone may not like grape soda. Clearly my idea is flawed so I change it to, ?Everyone should drink what they want within reason.? Yes, I know this was overly simplified; however, it does illustrate how I am willing to listen and change my views based on feedback. I feel that through questioning like this I can grow as a person. My question to you Roger would be, ?Why do you ?challenge the common perception of what is normal??? You do not seem to want to listen and possibly adapt... so why question?

?I give everyone a chance before I decide I dont like them.?

As do I... and again not to sound cruel but this is your last one.

Lod-Reh SaJon ~

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.