main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V The Book of Boba Fett

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Jeff_Ferguson, Dec 21, 2020.

1. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

I mean who knows...I hope some of what i read is true...will make certain things this year worth it.

2. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    I have to disagree here because I do not see the Marvel tv as a downgrade anymore than I see the same for star wars tv. The way they are doing it now with both Marvel and Star Wars is really amazing and it does one big thing and that is keeping people interested in the franchises. There is a lot of money being spent on these tv-series and they aren't holding back. One season of the Mandalorian is costing Disney/Lucasfilm about $200 million dollars and that was the first season only. We don't know how much the second season cost. Marvel has done a super job in this area and while I miss the other tv shows each of these new series has been very interesting and adding layers to its cinematic universe. In fact, I'm starting to feel that this is a more complete franchise because of it and not just random planet of the week episodes. I mean just look at the Marvel/Sony Spiderman movie that just came out, it is the 27th cinematic universe movie to come out in an ever-expanding set, and the 4th superhero movie this year alone, and it's doing in 4 days a superb job through some very tough times. Heck this movie hasn't even been released in China which if we don't go to war it could really add more coin to the box office. Not to get sidetracked but this movie coming out through the pandemic that just gets worse and worse not to mention the threat of war with China and Russia and just to add more sauce to the goose there is even talk that the way things are going here in the states could be headed towards a civil war. . That box-office numbers are amazing just because of those reasons alone and makes Spiderman No Way Home a special movie in that regard.

I think the Book of Boba Fett will be very good and it will set up a run of tv streaming shows that are going to be great. Look no one said that they were going to look like the movies but there are not cheap cop outs either. Marvel and Star Wars are two franchises that are going to explode in the tv streaming arena. I don't count Star Trek because they have always been tv first.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  3. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

@vong333

We're in a age now where the lines between TV and Movie are pretty much no more outside of pacing at this time.

I may have agreed with the statment of downgrade if we were in the Agent of Shield days but we're not. Marvel T.V is just as high priced as the movies now, and movie quality....and actually adhering to the continuity.

Star Wars Streaming looks just as good as the films, heck I would say if there is anything cheapness to it it's a benefit since honestly I think one of my biggest problems with the films is that they look a little TOO clean. The cheapness gives it more that OT like quality to it.

4. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    Absolutely there is a change and things are looking good. I'm going to go as far and say that I have enjoyed Supergirl, The Flash, Arrow, DC Legends of tomorrow as they have really been interesting with there special effects. They don't look cheesy and in some cases rivals what we see in the big screen but star wars and marvel just have something there that is magic and even there tv series are showing it and its only going to get bigger

5. SyndicThrass

SyndicThrass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 25, 2016
    I don’t think the Marvel films don’t look especially cinematic, so the gap between them and the streaming series isn’t a huge one.

Blade Runner 2049, the Daniel Craig Bond films, the James Mangold Wolverine Duology, Mad Max Fury Road, The Dark Knight Trilogy, Dune, and pretty much all of the modern Star Wars films. To me that’s cinematic looking.

Star Wars has made more of an effort to bridge that, and it hasn’t always worked, but I think they’re improving.

6. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Honestly I feel the Marvel TV shows, especially WandaVision and Loki, are much better quality than the Mandalorian.

Sinrebirth and CampOfSorgan like this.
  7. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Honestly at this point the whole "Cinema is the Superior format" is pretty much dead or almost dead and it's just a mentality that needs to break ...Along with people trying to keep Movie Theaters alive to what they are now instead of realizing they are gonna have to adapt and change to survive.

Ghost likes this.
  8. SyndicThrass

Sep 25, 2016
    Eh, tv series haven’t gotten the point where they’re reaching that same level of profit and widespread exposure that big theatrical films have. Hell, there are still quite a few countries that don’t even have Disney +, or the kind of accessibility for a streaming service, so you’re not going to see an entire industry go away.

9. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

No but I think movie theaters are still gonna be different to what they are today in a few decades.

10. SyndicThrass

Sep 25, 2016
    If the threat of Covid related death hasn’t been enough to change people’s perceptions of going to the theatre, I’m not sure an onslaught of streaming series will do the trick. It’s why when we see an Episode X it’ll still be on the big screen. People still perceive movies as an event.

11. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Yes. But at the same time, streaming is now seen as equal to cinema.

12. SyndicThrass

Sep 25, 2016
    Not really. I’m pretty sure Disney and the average fan are still going to value and prioritise the next Avengers movie over season 2 of Loki.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2021
    Slater, CampOfSorgan, Sarge and 2 others like this.
  13. Huncrweo

Huncrweo Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 3, 2020
    I think that's the problem tbh. In 2021, the average popular TV series is better than the average popular movie. TV is the medium of fresh, bold, exciting ideas that become massively successful, while cinema is the medium where almost every single massively successful film is some sort of franchise movie, a nostalgia cash-grab or aimed at children (or a mixture thereof). And the fresh, bold, exciting films that are out there in theatres, and there are many, are increasingly going underseen by the general public and even self-sabotaged by their distributors (ahem, Nightmare Alley) because the popular movies (which again, aren't as good as the popular shows) are taking up too many screens and too much marketing money. It's really not surprising that more people want to stay home and watch streaming shows instead of going to the theatre - it's a choice between Succession, Euphoria, Squid Game, Better Call Saul, The Crown, The Great, Ted Lasso, Mare of Easttown and The Queen's Gambit vs Fast 9, Venom: Let There Be Carnage, Godzilla vs Kong, Free Guy, Cruella, Jungle Cruise and whatever MCU movie happens to be there that month.

Anyway, rant over. Back to Boba.

Watcherwithin likes this.
  14. ColeFardreamer

ColeFardreamer Force Ghost star 5

Nov 24, 2013
    new BOBF Throne Teaser is up!

Seems the storyleak has something to it after all...

Well,

[​IMG]

Lucasfilm, I see what you did there!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 24, 2021
  15. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    That actress and the character she was playing was leaked long before the plot leak, it isn't necessarily evidence the plot leak is real.

But yeah, real juicy trailer this time, got the first new lines in a while. Wonder if the space vespa gang will have any relationship with the other biker gang we have seen, as rivals or allies. Also looks like vespa girl might have a prosthetic arm...or possibly just a gauntlet, hard to tell at this angle.

Daneira likes this.
  16. JediFett10

JediFett10 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 8, 2008
    What leak…?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. SyndicThrass

Sep 25, 2016
    A 4Chan “leak”.

JediFett10 likes this.
  18. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    So, liquid total crap then. Kindly get it the hell out of here.

Daneira and starfish like this.
  19. JediFett10

Feb 8, 2008
    Can you please elaborate for me over a Private Message…?

20. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    A lot of the Reddit leaks for the Boba stuff are recycled from the other shows, even old Bad Batch rumors. Like reshuffling the same names and ideas and hoping one might be close to right. I'm sure there are some legit rumors, but there are a lot that are total hogwash. Or... barvewash?

21. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Warning for the leaks that might turn out true.
    Someone reliable went over the 4chan TBOBF plot leak in a livestream yesterday. He thinks most of it is believable but ultimately believes it's someone using previous leaks/rumors to fake it. However, he brought up some info that I think is worth sharing here:

He said he's seen a black wookiee being made for the show. HoloNet Marauders and Bespin Bulletin were the ones who originally scooped Black Krrsantan, or some black wookiee, showing up in Mando season 3 (I think HoloNet Marauders now assume it's for TBOBF, not sure about Bespin) but I think this is the first time MSW has backed this up for TBOBF.

He pointed out that the leak had no mention of Maz Kanata's castle, which is rumored to appear in the show. Weirdly though, he said "I think I've seen Maz Kanata's castle for Cassian." So maybe the Maz Kanata stuff will actually be in *Andor*.

JediFett10 likes this.
  22. JediFett10

Feb 8, 2008
    Thank you!

23. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Leaks or nor we’re heading towards this bad boy so the ride is about to begin.

And hopefully this is the start of a year of Star Wars content

Dream-Thinker and JediFett10 like this.
  24. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Soon in few hours the premiere of this show comes out. Any last predictions

25. Noash_Retrac

Noash_Retrac Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2006
    Cami and Fixer
    Ahsoka
    Bossk
    Dengar
    IG-88
    Zuckuss and his droid -- can't name him because two wonky keyboard buttons to name them