main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Comic Book Draft Episode III: Revenge of the Villains -- Congrats to Shadow_of_Durron!

Discussion in 'Archive: Census and Games' started by DarthIntegral, Feb 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shadow_of_Durron

Shadow_of_Durron Jedi Knight star 6

May 2, 2003
    A suggestion for the next draft by the way, I know its common practice to have the champion make the first pick in the next draft but perhaps next time the champion could pick their place on the draft order instead I just say that because I think theres something of an advantage to being one of the middle picks.

That's kinda the point. ;) The purpose of giving the winner of the last draft the first pick is *not* to put them in a prime position to repeat again and again and again. It's really not (or, at least it shouldn't be as long as people make smart picks) a very advantageous position.

Look at what happens in the NFL or the NBA. The champion of the previous year gets the very last pick in the draft. That sucks for them because those drafts don't do the whole reverse order that we do. Barring trades, they're stuck with the last pick every single round.

Here, with the reverse draft order that's designed to be fair and balanced to everyone, you can't really handicap anyone. Giving the previous champ the first pick is about the closest we can come to it.

2. Darthsuperbatpooh

Darthsuperbatpooh Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 29, 2002
    i'll trade you smush for darko and a 2nd round pick... :p

3. Axle-Starweilder

Axle-Starweilder Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 6, 2005
    wasn't that unbelievable? i was floored. i heard some talk about that and i can't believe that joe d really did it. not that darko was a great player or anything, but man oh man i guess i just thought they'd stick it out a bit longer with that guy. of course, maybe now he'll get a chance to play.

4. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004

I know that's just a joke, but can we really trade picks if we want?

5. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Trading can happen (swapping picks, swapping characters) after the completion of the second round of drafting.

However, trades cannot change the landscape of power picks. I.E. a team cannot trade for a 4th power list character through a trade.

6. OBI-BEN-KENOBI

OBI-BEN-KENOBI Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 13, 2004
    Hey guys, wassup?

7. Darthsuperbatpooh

Nov 29, 2002
    what's up with you???

8. OBI-BEN-KENOBI

OBI-BEN-KENOBI Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 13, 2004
    Yeah, that's what I meant.

9. Darthsuperbatpooh

Nov 29, 2002
    nothing...just waiting till we get to the #6 pick....mine :)

10. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    anyone called JMR's house recently?

11. Lord_BlackAdder

Lord_BlackAdder Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 14, 2003

[image=http://home.jam.rr.com/codecdaoc/batphone.jpg]

Bats is on the job!

12. Darthsuperbatpooh

Nov 29, 2002
    [face_laugh] ...wait :eek: ....the red phone??? [face_shame_on_you]

:p

13. Mikaboshi

Mikaboshi Force Ghost star 6

Jul 12, 2005
    Dang nothing yet? Oh well I can wait.

Hey DI, hold off on those picks I sent you via PM lastnight, depending on who JMR picks I may change my mind on who I want.

14. BENSKYWAKER

BENSKYWAKER Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2005
    yeah DI I may want to change those picks too...So just wait for me...

All be on alot tonight...

15. Darthsuperbatpooh

Nov 29, 2002
    can we release a player and do a 2 for 1 deal...then the other get a free agent or just have 9 or 8 players??

16. Lord_BlackAdder

Sep 14, 2003

I think trades are 1 for 1.
    Teams remain at 10 characters, whatever happens.
    (things would get too complicated otherwise)

Any news from Ryokono yet?

17. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    Who's turn is it? Just curious.

~PK~

18. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Ryokono hasn't logged on since yesterday, around 3:00 p.m. eastern

Slave picked at 12:22am board time, so JMR's got about 6 hours left. So basically, he has till I wake up tomorrow morning, since I doubt I would be up at 3 am to bump him. Hopefully he'll get on. Anyone try e-mailing him?

19. Lord_BlackAdder

Sep 14, 2003

You could set your alarm clock, you know...
    Any decent commish would.

[face_whistling] :p

20. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    I can see it now:

Mrs. DarthIntegral: Why did the alarm go off at 3 am?
    DarthIntegral: So I could bump the guy picking the in Comic Book Draft on the SW boards.
    Mrs. DarthIntegral: Oh, so you mean you'll be sleeping in your car the next week? Because at this point in time, the couch is mad at you, too.

21. Mikaboshi

Jul 12, 2005
    I will be up till 6am board time, should I just pick when it is my turn and move along? I could repost the pick list and move him to the end as well, its not a big deal really.

22. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    I should be back around 2 PM EST tomorrow, I sent Integral my list, and hopefully we'll be rarin and ready to go by then!

G'night, all.

Cheers--
    Heels

23. BENSKYWAKER

BENSKYWAKER Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2005
    Later Heels

Wow I think ablosutly nothing happened today exept Slave2 picked Silver Surfer...

[face_shame_on_you]

But I'm sure JMR has his reasons and in no way am I blaming him, for all I know it could be a family emergence or mabye he had a really bad NAP ATTACK

I know I have had some really long Nap attacks...Although I must admit I enjoyed them...

24. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    I'd prefer you just PM me with you you want if JMR gets teh bump. I'll be up around 6 am eastern anyways, so three hours shouldn't make or break the draft, and I think it's better to hold to the "only teh commish gives teh bump" rule.

I know it's a bit complicated, but you could probably send a list with who you want if JMR gets teh bump, and then a list of conditionals (i.e. if JMR picks ____ give me ____, and if he picks ____ give me ____ and so on) ... feel free to make it as complicated as you want!

25. Mikaboshi

Jul 12, 2005
    No problem, I am still having a hard time deciding who exactly I want to pick. I have it narrowed down to 2 or 3 guys, picking one will be hard.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.