main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph The Comic Book MINI Draft

Discussion in 'Community' started by DarthIntegral, Feb 17, 2017.

1. a star war

a star war Force Ghost star 5

May 4, 2016
    Giving the game away to a yak.

2. MandaloreYak

MandaloreYak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 29, 2004
    Okay it's been 5 rounds. Enough is enough. Juggernaut.

Goodness.

Mikaboshi likes this.
  3. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
  4. a star war

May 4, 2016
    There's like a whole round of people I would still take over him, too.

Mikaboshi likes this.
  5. Mikaboshi

Mikaboshi Force Ghost star 6

Jul 12, 2005
    Same

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
  7. A Blind Prophet

A Blind Prophet Jedi Master star 4

Mar 25, 2016
    hopefully Ronan the Accuser is one of those picks.

Darth Punk

current team is:

1. Cyborg Supes (no rings)
    2. Rachel Summers (no phoenix force)
    3. Dr. Doom
    4. The Plutonian
    5. Ronan the Accuser

heels1785 likes this.
  8. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    I think you all just want to see me burn.

9. A Blind Prophet

Mar 25, 2016
    has there been a draft that you were involved in that you didn't burn?

reminds me of the pokemon draft... the ever burning of... everyone in that. may it rest in burnt pieces never to rise again.

10. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    But I want to defend my title...

11. A Blind Prophet

Mar 25, 2016
    you do remember the absurdity and stupidity of how that draft was argued... don't you? i literally never want to see another pokemon again after that. i haven't touched a game, even considered reading anything, or watching anything associated with that since that. it was easily the worst draft experience i've ever been a part of.

12. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    LOL

I just got to level 28 on Pokemon Go. Unfortunately there aren't too many members of Mystic in my area so I hold a gym for like an hr and then get kicked out. And they made the pokemon I like super weak, minus alakazam.

13. a star war

May 4, 2016
    1) Heels - Beta Ray Bill
    It's good, but it's not the Juggernaut. Maybe they could have done a little better here--maybe drafted the Juggernaut--but otherwise I'm sure they know this is a solid pick. Solid, but not unstoppable.

2) punk - Amadeus Cho
    The Totally Awesome Hulk is an interesting choice. He's not the strongest there is, nor is he completely unstoppable, like a Juggernaut, but he has a brain, very much unlike some other bricks--the Juggernaut, for instance.

3) ABP - The Plutonian
    I think this team will have have a hard time proving anything for him if he's going against other high end people, and that thing about how his powers work...eh. I don't think that enters into it, since he doesn't tap that potential. Now, if they were looking for someone whose powers we know about, they could have taken...I don't know...let me pull a name out of a hat at random...the Juggernaut? He's made thousands of unstoppable appearances, and that gives a pretty good idea of where his power level is (hint: it's way up there! okay? Believe me).

4) Yak - Atrocitus
    This is a real missed opportunity to have taken the Juggernaut. The name says it all, and this guy's name says exactly what I think everyone feels about that: atrocious. Just a grievous error on the GM's part. The ball was lobbed softly into court, and the failure to execute is astonishing, quite frankly.

5) HarryCarry - Hercules
    I think I know what the GM was looking for here, and who can argue with that? This team is looking for strength, they're looking endurance, they're looking for toughness, and they got it...but hold the phone for just a minute, because they overlooked another character with all of those things in spades, and that character's name is the Juggernaut.

6) dp - Professor X
    Are we sure that this team hasn't made some kind of clerical error? Maybe their scout team is a little turned around and doesn't realize they drafter the Juggernaut's brother instead of the Juggernaut. We've seen them have organizational issues already. They've already submitted the incorrect pick once, so I think we might be looking at another case of that here, but it's a bit late to change it now, unfortunately. That's a real shame. You hate to see that, but that's the kind of thing that can happen when you're not totally focused and prepared when your team is up to pick. A lesson that we can all learn from here, for sure.

Recap

Best pick: The best pick of round 4 actually came in the middle of round 5, and that was the Juggernaut.

Worst pick: It's hard to choose when the whole round is a mulligan, but the worst offender is Professor X. Those guys just need to communicate better if they hope to stand a chance going forward.

Overall there's still a lot of talent on the board for the rounds to come, although we've begun to see a chipping away of that already in the next round. At the end of the day, just have fun with it, that's what I say. The Juggernaut has been picked now, so there's nothing to be done about it but to just enjoy your time drafting. Maybe go for one of those lesser powered individuals that you still enjoy, since all hope is lost for you now that you don't have the Juggernaut.

14. A Blind Prophet

Mar 25, 2016
    guess we'll see on the plutonian, i have more than a few things i can link to for him that aren't even his peak, so... yea. his actual peak is a little silly, given it involves accidentally destroying a solar system.

15. a star war

May 4, 2016
    I think accident is the key word there. Theoretical peak is probably off the charts but realized pick maybe not so much.

16. A Blind Prophet

Mar 25, 2016
    no, that's the kind of power that was being thrown around in the fight... it was such that the results destroyed the solar system. he's also flown around with a blackhole to clean up radiation. and it was fast enough to not destroy the earth in the process. because... that should be possible.

17. A Blind Prophet

Mar 25, 2016
  18. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
  19. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Shoot. There are like five picks I want to make here, but only can go with two.

I'll say Doomsday (Death of Superman Era) and Nova (Richard Ryder).

That brings my merry band of muppets to:
    1. Talisman
    2. Maker (Ult. Reed Richards)
    3. Black Adam
    4. Beta Ray Bill
    5. Doomsday
    6. Nova (Richard Ryder)

And Darth Punk, back to you, good sir.

20. Mikaboshi

Mikaboshi Force Ghost star 6

Jul 12, 2005
  21. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
  22. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Good Nova pick, heelszors -- was wondering why he lasted so long.

Also, Yakkers, there are at least two picks I'd abjectly pick over Juggernaut on a villain team who were on the board at the time.

PS - Is Professor X that bad? I'm all of a sudden doubting myself. Strongest psi on the board (theoretically)? :p

Mikaboshi and heels1785 like this.
  23. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Thanks, amigo.

I just hope at least one of the people I really wanted to take end up being available when I come up next.

Mikaboshi likes this.
  24. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

You should probably also hope you never go to teams... :p

Mikaboshi likes this.
  25. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    [​IMG]

I think pairing the absurdly evil version of Reed with a member of Alpha Flight with my first two picks essentially wrecked any hope at traditional cohesion. I've got a pretty powerful and diverse group of individuals, though.

Mikaboshi likes this.