main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends The Death Of Obi-Wan Kenobi Chapter Seven & Epilogue Updated 7/25/03 Complete!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by masterobiwankenobi, Apr 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. masterobiwankenobi

masterobiwankenobi Jedi Master star 1

Mar 1, 2003
    Disclaimer: The Star Wars characters, and the Star Wars universe that I borrow them from belong to George Lucas. The story belongs to me. You can use my story on your site if you want, just let me know first.

Timeline: Obi-Wan is 13. Takes place after returning from Melida/Dann.

Rating: PG-13 (for some violence)

Summary: AU where some of the events of JA #'s 1-8 are very different. Someone is trying to kill Obi-Wan. Can Qui-Gon and Mace find out who it is before he succeeds?

Author: Peggy Schultz

Email: masterobiwankenobi@msn.com

The Death Of Obi-Wan Kenobi

Prologue

Obi-Wan Kenobi walked slowly to the apartment that he shared with Master Qui-Gon Jinn. The apartment that he would only be staying in until his probation, for leaving the Jedi order on Melida/Dann, was over. He was not in a hurry to get there

He was sure that after his betrayal of Qui-Gon that the Jedi Master would not take him back as his apprentice. Qui-Gon had not looked pleased that the council had informed them that Obi-Wan would live in the apartment with Qui-Gon, and be left under his care until the probation was over. That was why Obi-Wan walked so slowly to the apartment, he was in no hurry to see the look of betrayal and hurt in his former masters eyes. Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon had barely spoken since they returned to the temple. In the morning before Obi-Wan had left to go to his classes, the only thing his former master had said to him was that he expected him to return immediately after his classes were over.

Classes had been difficult for Obi-Wan, because by now the entire temple had heard about his betrayal of his master. The other students stared and whispered about him behind his back either thinking that he would not hear them, or simply not caring. Only his three closest friends seemed not gossip about him, but when they sat together in the few classes that they had shared together, there seemed to be some sort of rift slowly building between them. They no longer knew how to act towards him, and he guessed that they wondered if he would betray them as he had his master.

Obi-Wan reached the door to his and Qui-Gon?s apartment, and stared at the door momentarily before keying the door open. He was surprised to see Master Mace Windu sitting on the couch with a data pad in his hand, and was frightened that they had decided to send him away to the Agri-corps without waiting out the probationary period that they had originally given him.

?Hello Master Windu,? Obi-Wan greeted him as politely as he could.

?Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon had to leave to go on a mission while you were in class. The people of Schumson requested that he did not bring anyone under the age of eighteen. He asked me to check in with you to make sure that you?re doing your schoolwork, and not getting into any trouble while he is gone,? Obi-Wan winced at Mace?s last comment and wondered if the counsel really had such little faith in him, or if it was Qui-Gon.

?Thank you Master,? Obi-Wan bowed his head slightly.

?I trust that you have school work to catch up on after you were away from the temple?? Mace inquired his face was a mask of cold indifference.

?Yes Master,? Obi-Wan agreed, and started to walk towards his room.

?Obi-Wan wait,? Mace called causing the teen to turn around to again face him, ?I won?t be able to be here with you all the time, so I expect you to be on time to your classes, go to the cafeteria for meals when you are supposed to, and then report back here to your apartment unless you are given permission by a council member to be somewhere else until Qui-Gon returns.?

?Yes Master,? Obi-Wan nodded.

?And Obi-Wan I doubt that I need to remind you that you are on probation, and it is most important for you to follow these rules that we have set forth. If you need anything or have any questions don?t hesitate to ask.?

?Yes Master Windu,? Obi-Wan told him.

?Qui-Gon sho

2. Malz4JESUS

Malz4JESUS Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 12, 2002
    :eek:

Noooo! Poor Obi-Wan!!!

Really good beginning! Veyr suspenseful!!! :D

Look forward to more! :D

God bless!

-Malz

3. GenOochy

GenOochy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 8, 2003
    Xantos!!! Why that no good roten..Er, no won't say that. Don't feel like being banned.

That was a great start.
    AU, huh?

AU means one thing, Obi's gonna die. :(

Great story, I give it a 4.5 out of 5!!

4. Hananiah

Hananiah Jedi Master star 4

Jan 15, 2003
    Someone's out to kill Obi huh? God I wonder what it would be like to be surprised. This is not a critisism at all
    Just read way to many fanfics.
    Anyway poor ObiWan, and he can't even go to his friends.
    Post soon

5. masterobiwankenobi

Mar 1, 2003
    Malz4JESUS, GenOochy, and Hananiah thanks for your reviews. I should have the next part up within the next few days, I'm waiting to get it back from my beta reader. :)

MOK

6. masterobiwankenobi

Mar 1, 2003
    Chapter One
    Lift Tube Malfunctions

AN: Special Thanks to my beta readers Velvet_Elfin and Dorothy ;)

Obi-Wan Kenobi woke up to the sound of a persistent buzzing noise. Someone was ringing the door chime. With a groan, he slowly rose from the sleep couch and made his way to the door.

?Obi-Wan,? Bant Eerin spoke as the door slid open, ?You?re going to be late for classes, why are you still in bed??

?I fell asleep before setting the alarm to wake me,? he explained, turning to look at the clock in the common area.

?I came to see if you wanted to walk with me to the cafeteria for first meal,? the young Calamarian girl told him.

?I?m going to meet you for midday meal and I have just enough time to get ready and get to class on time. I can?t be late.?

?Obi-Wan, you didn?t come to last meal yesterday. You shouldn?t skip first meal today too.?

?I don?t have a choice Bant, I?m on probation and I can?t be late to class. I?m not going to do anything to screw up again. I?ll meet you in the cafeteria for midday meal, I promise.?

?Alright,? Bant sighed, ?I?ll meet you in the cafeteria at midday meal then.?

?I?ll be there,? Obi-Wan assured his friend, as she turned and walked away from his apartment.

He walked towards the fresher, feeling relieved that he at least had friends that would still talk to him.

?Look it?s Oafy-Wan, the greatest Jedi that ever lived. Tell us Oafy, what?s it like to be the only Jedi to turn his back on the Jedi and be allowed back, with nothing but a slap on the hand?? Bruck Chun demanded as he pushed Obi-Wan through the door into the sparring room.

?That?s not what happened,? Obi-Wan replied, gritting his teeth and trying to calm the anger that he could feel building inside of him.

?Really, then why did Qui-Gon Jinn request to be given a mission alone? He won?t take you back, and no other Master will want you either. You?re not even worthy to sit in this classroom with all of us. We are actually Jedi and we don?t take our training for granted,? Bruck taunted.

Obi-Wan glared at the white haired boy, and was about to speak when the teacher entered the room. Throughout the remainder of the class Obi-Wan tried to ignore Bruck?s cruel and hurtful words, but every thing the bully had said were things that Obi-Wan had already thought about. Hearing Bruck say it, somehow, made it seem truer.

Did Qui-Gon really leave because he couldn?t bear to watch over Obi-Wan while the Council decided what to do with him? Qui-Gon hadn?t really wanted to accept him as his apprentice in the beginning, so why should he want him back now? Obi-Wan had worked very hard to prove himself to Qui-Gon, and then tossed away all his efforts for kids that he had believed he could help. He was wrong, he had failed to help everyone including himself.

Obi-Wan couldn?t wait for the sparring class to be over so he could meet his friends in the cafeteria for the midday meal. He needed his friends right now. He was very hungry; he thought as his stomach growled in agreement.

Jedi Master, Qui-Gon Jinn entered the guest room of the palace of Schumson, sat down on the sleep couch, and began rubbing his temple. He was tired and glad that the negotiations were finally finished for the day. The dialogue had consisted of many headache-inducing arguments, between the small planet?s leaders, and the secondary officials. Although it was only his first day, he had stopped two very intense arguments that had nearly turned physical. If the Council had allowed him to bring Obi-Wan it would have been a great learning experience for the teenager.

Qui-Gon sighed as he thought about the boy. He had been angry at first when the Council had told him that Obi-Wan could not go along with him on the mission. Mace explained to him that the King of Schumson had requested that no Jedi under the age of eighteen be sent to the planet. The planet?s leaders had personally requested Qui-Gon as a mediator when

7. Padawan_Jess_Kenobi

Padawan_Jess_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 20, 2002
    [face_shocked] [face_shocked] How...you...why? :_| :_| OBI!!!!! Poor poor Obi!!! Aw man, my poor boy! How could you do that to him? Aw well, it makes for good fan fic all the same. ;) This is awesome so far, keep up the great work! Obi... :( *sniffle*

8. Velvet_Elfin

Velvet_Elfin Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 5, 2002
    This is excellent work Padawan keep it up and I am looking forward to the next chapter.

Vely

9. Nikita

Nikita Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 14, 2001
    Thats one of my worst nightmares! Getting stuck in an elevator and it falls! Poor Obi! Qui you really should get up and see if it WASN'T a dream!

Great gripping post!

10. masterobiwankenobi

Mar 1, 2003

Chapter Two
    The Healer?s Wing

Obi-Wan Kenobi felt pain. He could hear voices speaking nearby as he began to regain consciousness. His head throbbed as he tried to concentrate on the voices, and his entire body seemed to ache.

? . . . Concussion, two cracked ribs, a broken nose, a dislocated shoulder, a hyper extended knee, numerous bruises, and he is malnourished,? reported a voice that
    Obi-Wan recognized as Healer Wealy.

?Will he make a full recovery?? another female voice asked. Obi was uncertain, to whom that voice belonged.

?Yes, he will fully recover from all of his injuries. He will be in some pain for a few days, and will need to use a cane to walk for the first three to four days after he is released from here. He should not participate in any rigorous physical activities like sparring or katas for about three days after he is released. This will give his knee a chance to heal properly.?

?And when will he be released?? the unmistakable voice of Master Mace Windu inquired.

?I would like to keep him over night for observations. I think if he does not develop any complications, then he can go back to his apartment tomorrow afternoon.?

?Very good, may we speak with him now?? Mace asked.

?As soon as he fully regains consciousness,? Healer Wealy informed them.

?I?m awake,? Obi-Wan admitted, his voice sounding weak from lack of use, as he slowly opened his eyes, and winced at the light in the Healer?s room.

?Obi-Wan, how do you feel?? the female voice spoke. As his eyes adjusted to the light, he was able to recognize the woman as Master Adi Gallia.

?Like I was run over by a speeder,? Obi-Wan answered.

?You got banged up quite a bit in the lift tube,? Healer Wealy explained.

?Yes, you were very lucky that Cam and Master Windu were walking down the corridor and saw you enter the malfunctioning lift,? Adi told him.

?Why did you enter the malfunctioning lift tube? You had to have walked right past the operational lift tube.? Mace inquired. Obi-Wan, for the first time since regaining consciousness, thought he saw disappointment in both Council Member?s eyes.

?No,? the young teenager began, ?The one closest to my sparring room was the one with the malfunction. I saw the sign on it that said out of order, so I used the other lift tube instead.? Obi-Wan could feel the lure of unconsciousness beckoning him to sleep, and he fought to keep his eyes open.

?No, Obi-Wan,? Adi began, sounding calmer, and somehow less stern than Mace had, ?We talked to all the other students from your sparring class and they all told us that the lift you used was the one that had the out of order sign on it. Your sparring instructor and Master Yoda also rode in the other lift tube because of the sign posted on the lift that you rode in.?

?Obi-Wan, I need you to tell us the truth; if you lie to us you will only get yourself into more trouble than you already are. I doubt that I need to remind you again that you are on probation.?

Obi-Wan?s eyes opened wide at the man?s accusations.

?Obi-Wan, please tell us the real reason. We really don?t want to have to send you back to Agricultural Corps,? Adi told him.

?I did, I told you the truth. I saw the out of order sign on the other lift tube. I walked down to the other lift tube. There was no sign on it, so I entered my destination to go to the cafeteria, and then it went crazy. I?m not lying. If I had known that the lift was malfunctioning, I would have taken the stairs instead, I promise.?

?Obi-Wan,? Mace began, but Obi-Wan?s temper took control, and he cut the Master off.

?I told you the real reason, Master Windu, but you don?t want to believe me! I already know that you?re going to send me away. Master Qui-Gon will never take me back as his apprentice, and I am too old to stay here now. So since you don?t want to believe me Master, maybe you should just arrange for me to leave tomorr-?

?That is enough Obi-Wan!? Adi interrupted raising her voice for the first time since the young teen awa

11. Nikita

Oct 14, 2001
    NOOOOO! Obi you can't go to sleep!! Help is coming!

Hurry Siri!

And Qui... Do I have to beat it into your skull? If you feel as if somethings wrong... make sure you talk to Obi himself! Duh!

Great heart wrenching post by the way!!!

More soon!

12. CYNICAL21

CYNICAL21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 8, 2001
    This is really quite well written, and the tension is as thick as clotted cream. Talk about a cliffhanger; my fingers are cramping.

So - how long before you resolve this situation - and how long before someone figures out that the boy is a victim rather than a perp - or will they simply conclude that he blew himself and his room up in a fit of pique. To quote the immortal BB, "What a bunch of maroons!'

Excellent work - and I'll look forward to seeing more of it.

CYN

13. masterobiwankenobi

Mar 1, 2003
    Nikita and Cynical 21, thank you for your replies, I'm really glad that you are enjoying the story. I have been working on my descriptions and I'm very glad that you think this is well writen Cyn. Thanks again, I'll get the next part as soon as I get it edited and then beta'd.

14. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    Nice story. Very well written. I look forward to more. Great job!

15. masterobiwankenobi

Mar 1, 2003
    Chapter Three
    An Eye For An Eye

Again Qui-Gon awoke to the sound of the beeping Comm. unit. Fearfully he pressed the activation switch, worrying about what he would see this time. An unfamiliar female face appeared on the screen.

"Are you Jedi Master, Qui-Gon Jinn?" She asked.
    "Yes."

"You are receiving a transmission from a Master Mace Windu. He says it?s urgent. Should I put the transmission through?" she asked.

"Yes please," Qui-Gon replied, suddenly feeling that he was about to receive bad news.

The woman nodded her head, her image disappeared and was replaced by that of Mace Windu. Qui-Gon immediately noticed that his friend?s face was drawn, and the Councilor had dark shadows under his eyes.

"Qui-Gon, I'm sorry to wake you, but something has happened that I thought you would want to know," Mace began his voice a low monotone.

"It's Obi-Wan isn't it?" Qui-Gon asked, fearing that his Padawan was now one with the force.

Mace nodded, "There was a fire last night in the Healer's Wing. Someone accidentally dropped a bottle of cleaning solution near the medication storage unit, across the hall from the recovery room where Obi-Wan was recuperating,? Mace explained.

"Why was Obi-Wan in the Healer's wing?? Qui-Gon asked, feeling as though he already knew the answer to his question. He just needed to be certain whether or not he was correct.

"Yesterday afternoon while on his way to midday meal, the lift tube that he was using malfunctioned. He was battered quite a bit; it?s mostly bruises, a few cracked ribs, a dislocated shoulder, and a badly bruised knee. However, when the medications and cleaning solutions mixed together, they caused an explosion in the hallway outside the room where Obi-Wan was receiving treatment."

"Is Obi-Wan, is he..." Qui-Gon stammered, unable to get the words out of his mouth to finish the question and he dreaded receiving the answer.

"No, Qui-Gon," Mace told him, realizing what his friend was trying to ask. "He?s still alive. We couldn't get the fire out to reach him quick enough. We thought that we were going to lose him, but somehow your Padawan managed to get into the ventilation shaft despite his injuries, and Padawan Siri Tachi found him. He was very lucky," Mace assured him.

"How seriously is he injured? I know you wouldn?t get in touch with me unless his injuries were serious."

The image of Mace on the screen sighed, "Qui-Gon, he suffered first and second degree burns on both his legs. He inhaled a great deal of smoke and was unconscious when Siri found him. As we speak the boy is still in a bacta tank and has not yet regained consciousness."

"Will he be alright?" Qui-Gon asked.

"I'm afraid we won't know for certain until he is removed from the bacta tank. We don't know how badly his lungs were damaged. The Healer hopes he will make a full recovery if there are no further complications."

"I will come back immediately," Qui-Gon told Mace.

"Qui-Gon, that really is not necessary. You should remain on Schumson and finish your mission. There is nothing you can do for the boy at this time."

"Mace he is my Padawan learner. I should be there when he regains consciousness. I have many things that I need to discuss with the boy," Qui-Gon replied. The stern expression on his face told Mace that he would not be easily convinced to remain on Schumson.

"You will get that chance when your mission is completed. I will keep you updated on his condition if there are any changes," Mace assured him.

"Fine," Qui-Gon conceded, knowing the negotiations should be over in a day or two. "Let me know if there are any problems."

?I?ll be sure to do that, don't worry. Mace out."

Qui-Gon sat on the sleep-couch feeling relieved that Obi-Wan would recover. Something, however, in the back of his mind, nagged at him to return to the temple and keep his Padawan safe. Qui-Gon did not like the feeling at all.

Bant, Reeft, and Garen sat in the new recovery room where Obi-Wan lay, so very still on his sleep-couch. They watched

16. Nikita

Oct 14, 2001
    Thats right Mace, you'd better feel bad! Obi's in major pain and you're blaming him that he's doing this on purpose!!!!

Obi I'm here babes! You can do it!

Qui... it's bout time you got your butt moving!

17. Velvet_Elfin

Sep 5, 2002
    up I command you.

vely

18. Padawan_Jess_Kenobi

Padawan_Jess_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 20, 2002
    :_| OBI!!!!!!! I'm really enjoying this fic so far!! My poor Obi, though. And Xanatos is in the picture, making the story even better! :D Man, how much torture can that boy be put through? ;)

19. Lurkalidth

Lurkalidth Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 5, 2003
    You're posting this here? Great! I hope you finish it. I remember reading parts of this elsewhere, but I don't think I ever saw an ending. This is one of those stories that are too good to leave unfinished.

Thanks for sharing this. :)

20. masterobiwankenobi

Mar 1, 2003
    Chapter Four

Saying Goodbye

Siri Tachi sat at a table in the cafeteria with Bruck Chun and Niela Anta-Sheck eating the morning meal.

As they ate Bruck told the two girls about the sparring match that he participated in the day before, in which he nearly defeated an older student. Siri only partially listened to his tale. Her mind drifted to where Obi-Wan lay in the recovery room of the Healer?s wing.

When Siri heard about what he had done to Qui-Gon on Melida/Dann, she had tried to hate him for it. She told herself that if Obi-Wan could leave the Jedi order without caring how his decision would affect everyone else, then he wasn?t worth a second thought, but her heart told her other wise. She had ignored her feelings that told her that Obi-Wan would not act contrary to the Jedi Code without good reason. She sat half listening to Bruck?s account of the sparring match, which changed every time he told it. Siri wished she could sit together with Bant, Reeft, and Garen, and find out how Obi-Wan was doing.

Abruptly a loud buzzer penetrated the noise of the students, knights, and masters who were engaged in various conversations. The buzzer would get the attention of the knights and students, letting them know that an announcement over the intercom would follow.

Most of the noise subsided instantaneously as the voice of Docent Vant rumbled through the cafeteria. ?May I have your attention, please, would initiates Bant Eerin, Reeft, and Garen Muln please report to the Healer?s ward? I repeat would Bant Eerin, Reeft, and Garen Muln please report to the Healer?s wing immediately??

Silence filled the cafeteria as everyone in the room, turned their gazes to the three initiates. Siri had a feeling that something had happened. It was too much of a coincidence that three friends would have to report for a physical at the same time and on the same day, when their best friend also happened to lay in the recovery room of the Healer?s wing.

Siri watched as the three friends shared a concerned glance amongst them and slowly rose from their seats, disposed of their trays of food, and left the room.

?Sounds like they?re in trouble,? Bruck smirked, as conversations in the cafeteria resumed. ?They were probably causing trouble in the Healer?s wing, while they were visiting Obi-Wan last night.?

?Yeah, I heard that the Healer had to kick them out of the recovery room,? Niela agreed.

?Siri, you?re awfully quiet today, how was your morning?? Bruck asked, taking a bite from a piece of fruit.

?It was fine, nothing really exciting happened, although I must admit that your sparring match with Padawan Aalto, yesterday was quite interesting to watch,? Siri remarked, taking a sip of juice.

Siri smirked when Bruck frowned; Siri?s sparring class had ended early, and they were allowed to watch the other classes in progress for the same period of time. Before Bruck could make another comment, the buzzer again rang indicating another announcement.

?May I have your attention please,? Docent Vant?s voice again requested. ?I?m sure you?re already aware that yesterday, Padawan Obi-Wan Kenobi was involved in an accident while riding in a lift tube. In addition to the incident in the lift tube, he was also trapped in the fire in the healer?s wing.? Siri?s stomach suddenly began twisting into knots as Docent paused and took a deep breath before continuing. ?Early this morning, due to complications from his injuries, Obi-Wan Kenobi died and is now one with the Force.

?The death of Padawan Kenobi has come as a shock to all of us. The entire schedule of classes for today, for all Initiates and Padawan?s will be postponed. Masters Adi Gallia, Even Piell, Ki-Adi Mundi, Tahl, and Depa Billaba will speak with anyone who feels that they need to discuss this matter with someone. Services for Obi-Wan will be announced after his Master, Qui-Gon Jinn is found and notified.?

The cafeteria became eerily quiet as the announcement ended, and Siri felt her stomach lurch as if someone had just punched her. She wanted

21. Velvet_Elfin

Sep 5, 2002
    Oh good the next chapter is up? Uping so that all Obi-Wan fans can read.

Vel

22. Nikita

Oct 14, 2001
    Obi's not daed... he can't be... you wouldn't do that... would you!?!??!

I need a post now... please?

23. masterobiwankenobi

Mar 1, 2003
    Chapter Five
    Necessary Deceptions

After visiting his Padawan, Mace escorted Qui-Gon to the meditation room that Yoda always used. Qui-Gon?s mind swirled with questions. Mace had assured him he would explain everything once they reached the meditation room. He could not believe that any of this was real and he walked at a rapid pace toward the meditation room, where Master Yoda already waited.

After they reached the meditation room, the doors closed behind Mace. Qui-Gon immediately began with his first question racing out of his mouth; ?What is going on??

?Qui-Gon, calm down,? Mace told him as he stood beside Yoda, who already sat on his floatation chair.

?Calm! You want me to be calm. You lied to me, and the rest of the temple. Don?t tell me to be calm. You let me believe that my Padawan was dead, dead! He?s not! He?s lying in the healer?s wing in a hibernation trance. His friends believe he?s dead, because they don?t know how to detect someone in a hibernation trance. Xanatos is trying to kill him. And-?

?Calm yourself you will,? Master Yoda, told him sternly, thumping his walking cane on the floor. ?Necessary our deceit was.?

?Qui-Gon, listen to me,? Mace began calmly, ?It was my idea to put Obi-Wan in a hibernation trance. I thought if the person responsible believed the boy was dead, they would leave him alone. He?d be safe enough to completely heal. We also thought we could catch him without using the boy as bait.? Mace paused for a moment, ?What do you mean, Xanatos is trying to kill him??

?Your reasoning would have been fine if it was not a former Jedi trying to kill him. I received a message from Xanatos. He wanted me to witness Obi-Wan?s death. This was his act of revenge because I killed his father,? Qui-Gon explained.

?Watch, how? You were not at the Temple during the times when the attacks took place,? Mace questioned.

?The comm unit in my guest room was engineered so that I could see what was happening to Obi-Wan on a monitor. The first two incidents occurred in the middle of the night, and I thought it was dreams. Then Mace confirmed that both the lift accident and the fire actually happened. I thought that perhaps I had experienced a vision of what was happening to Obi-Wan. I was going to speak with you about it when I returned,? Qui-Gon looked at Yoda, who nodded, seemingly deep in thought at hearing Qui-Gon?s
    words.

?When you received the note from Xanatos, why didn?t you report it to us immediately?? Mace asked.

?I tried, but communications on Schumson were not operational. I immediately found a transport to bring me back to Coruscant. The transport?s communications had also failed.?

?Do you think that Xanatos was behind the communication failure?? Mace asked.

?Yes. But we don?t have time to discuss this, Obi-Wan is unprotected in the medical wing.?

?Hmm, go to Obi-Wan you will, Qui-Gon. Confer with the Council, we will,? Yoda told Qui-Gon as Mace?s comm link buzzed.

?Mace here,? he said, as Qui-Gon started to leave the room.

?Master Mace, this is Kren Tiss, I?m on my way to the hangar. Healer Wealy just reported that she found her Padawan unconscious in Padawan Kenobi?s room and the boy?s body was missing.?

Qui-Gon looked at Mace and quickly ran out of the room, heading toward the hangar area. He could hear Mace?s running footsteps following close behind him. He couldn?t let Xanatos leave the temple with Obi-Wan.

As Qui-Gon raced down, seemingly endless hallways, he felt the Force screaming at him to turn left into the hallway leading to the lift tubes. He knew that Xanatos would not use a common escape route. His former Padawan always had an escape plan, a second way out in the event his first plan failed. Trusting the Force to guide him, Qui-Gon turned down the hall and followed the Force?s directions, heading in the opposite direction from the hangar.

The force led Qui-Gon to the gardens, reminding him of how much the boy enjoyed meditating there, as well as swimming in the lake with his friends. Racing tow

24. Velvet_Elfin

Sep 5, 2002
    Wow Padawan this is great. I didn't think you could kill Obi-Wan ...yet. :) I cant wait till the next part.

Vely

25. masterobiwankenobi

Mar 1, 2003
    Chapter Six

A Spark of Hope

Qui-Gon paced back and forth through the quarters that he shared with Obi-Wan, as he waited for word from Tahl or the other Knights and Masters. He hoped those who were searching for any information they could find out about Xanatos Crion, and where he could have taken Obi-Wan, would know something soon.

?Qui-Gon, Tahl is doing everything she can,? Mace told him, ?you need to relax.?

?Relax; my Padawan is with Xanatos who wants to use him to exact revenge on me. I had to tell Obi-Wan that I didn?t want him as my Padawan anymore. If he dies, he will die thinking that I wanted nothing to do with him. I couldn?t tell him that I didn?t mean it without also letting Xanatos know.? Qui-Gon ran his hand through his graying dark hair, as he walked toward the window and looked out at the Coruscant traffic flying by.

?Qui-Gon we will find Obi-Wan,? Mace assured the disturbed man across the room from him.

?Do you know that I have no idea what his favorite food is?? Qui-Gon began, his back to Mace as he stared out the window. ?As soon as I took him for my apprentice, we went from mission to mission, and then the whole Melida/Dann incident happened. I know that he seemed to like muja fruit, but I don?t know if it?s his favorite food. I don?t know what his favorite color is, or even what interests he has other than becoming a knight one day.? Qui-Gon shook his head, ?the few times that we were here at the temple, he seemed to enjoy looking out the window at the night traffic. He might have been bored, but he didn?t ask if he could go and spend time with his friends. He just sat in front of the window and I let him.?

?Qui-Gon, we will find him. You heard Xanatos, he is going to give Obi-Wan to his Master, and that will give us time to find him.?

?Mace, you know as well as I do that Xanatos could have lied about that. He has lied before and there is no evidence that the Sith exist anymore,? Qui-Gon told him.

?Master Yoda would tell you that the dark side is clouded and that the Sith are perhaps in hiding, waiting to make their presence known,? Mace told him.

?I need to do something,? Qui-Gon told him, as he whirled around from his place in front of the window. ?I can?t just sit here.?

?Qui-Gon-?Mace began and was interrupted by the sound of Qui-Gon?s comlink.

?Qui-Gon here,? the taller man wasted no time in replying.

?Qui-Gon, you and Mace better come to the Council room now,? the voice of Adi Gallia told them. ?We have a lead on Obi-Wan.?

?We?re on our way,? Qui-Gon responded with a glance at Mace as he hurried out of his apartment, with Mace following him.

?Saw Obi-Wan, a young girl thinks she did,? Yoda began as soon as Qui-Gon and Mace had entered the Council room.

?Did she talk to him? How sure is she that it was Obi-Wan?? Qui-Gon asked a spark of hope flickering in his mind.

?Qui-Gon,? Adi began, ?the girl was telepathic. She could hear what the boy was thinking. She described him as wearing Jedi like clothing and having a Padawan braid. She said that he could barely walk, and that his face was bleeding from a nasty looking cut on his cheek. She told me that he was with a taller young man with dark hair and a broken circle on his cheek,?

?Xanatos,? Qui-Gon murmured.

Adi nodded, ?the girl told us that in his thoughts the boy said, ?He lied, he?s not taking me to become a Sith. He?s going to sell me as a slave, somewhere along the outer rim planets where slavery is legal.?

?Slavery,? Qui-Gon said in desperation. He knew the chances of finding his Padawan had just diminished to almost nothing. There were at least a hundred planets that he knew of where slavery was legal not counting the planets that he didn?t know about. He could feel his muscles twitch with the terror that swelled inside of him, at the thought of Obi-Wan as a slave. He knew that slaves were rarely ever treated with any compassion. The ones that he had seen while dealing with slave owners, were typically treated like pets rather than people, a

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.