main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Draft Classic: The Comic Book Draft All-Star Draft

Discussion in 'Archive: Census and Games' started by DarthIntegral, Feb 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MandaloreYak

MandaloreYak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 29, 2004
    Uh, JUDGMENTS???

2. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    I'll agree with that. Despised let me know he's hit a small speed bump to his return, but he should be back soon. Until then, I'm going to fill in.

3. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005

The Wing Kong Exchange (1) vs. Las Bufadoras (0)
    TeamP2 (0) vs. The Yak's Inferno (1)
    Inadvisably Applied Magic (0) vs. The Soggy-Bottom Boys (1)
    The ... J. Peterman Reality Tour (1) vs. Watchmen Babies in V for Vacation (0)

And now one

General Zod vs. Psylocke
    Beta Ray Bill vs. Baron Mordo (Prepared)
    Green Lantern (John Stewart) (Prepared) vs. Pitt
    Blink (Prepared) vs. Captain Marvel

4. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004
    John Stewart is going to construct Pitt a new face.

5. Zizz

Zizz Jedi Master star 4

Dec 29, 2005
    I think Blink is actually going to construct ol' Captain a new face.

6. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    Captain Marvel was once turned completely inside out. You're hoping to do what here?

7. Zizz

Zizz Jedi Master star 4

Dec 29, 2005
    I didn't say she'd win by doing it. Just that she'd construct him a new face.

8. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    Wow. You are incredibly fast.

9. Zizz

Zizz Jedi Master star 4

Dec 29, 2005
    I figured out what you would probably say before you said it, so that bought me some time.

10. Axle-Starweilder

Axle-Starweilder Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 6, 2005
    by "reconstruct his face" do you mean; supply him with nostrils?
    because if that were the case then pitt might have a greater oxygen intake that would furnish him the ability to fight longer and harder. especially if he thought that john stewart had done something to TIMMY!!!

11. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    Just noticed this but... Really? Only 4 colors and one of them is that crappy yellow? Forsooth?

12. BartSimpson-SithLord

BartSimpson-SithLord Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 24, 2002
    So, Blink did fairly well against King Hyperion didn't she? Well, there are a few things going on here that she didn't face then...

S for the wisdom of Solomon As Captain Marvel, Billy has instant access to a vast amount of scholarly knowledge, including most known languages, sciences, and forms of magic. The wisdom of Solomon also provides him with counsel and advice in times of need. This means Captain Marvel is no where as dumb as ol'King Hype. He isn't going to sit there and allow his own powers to be used against him.
    H for the strength of Hercules Hercules' power gives Captain Marvel incredible amounts of super strength; he is able to easily bend steel, punch through walls, and lift massive objects. Marvel's strength is on the same level as Superman. Which means he's probably a good deal stronger than King Hype or at least as strong. Not good for her with the no enhanced durability...
    A for the stamina of Atlas Using Atlas' endurance, Captain Marvel can withstand and survive most types of extreme physical assaults. Additionally, he does not need to eat, sleep, or breathe and can survive unaided in space when in Captain Marvel form. Meaning she can't just blink in some gasses or something to knock him out. Also, she can't just blink away a body part, as he seems a good deal stronger than those portals of hers.
    Z for the power of Zeus Zeus' power, besides fueling the magic thunderbolt that transforms Captain Marvel, also enhances Marvel's other physical and mental abilities, grants magic resistance against all magic spells and attacks. Marvel can use the lightning bolt as a weapon by dodging it and allowing it to strike an opponent or target. The magical lightning has many uses, including creating apparatus, restoring damage done to Marvel, or acting as fuel for magical spells.
    A for the courage of Achilles Like the wisdom, this aspect is primarily psychological, and gives Marvel superhuman amounts of inner strength on which to draw. Meaning he isn't going to back down after a first assault, if anything she'll just make him angry.
    M for the speed of Mercury By channeling Mercury's speed, Captain Marvel can move at greater than supersonic speeds. This also enables him to fly. Oh, so he's probably as fast as King Hype. Altough I don't think he's stupid enough to vibrate in place and gloat, allowing her to blink a ridiculous amount of sand into him.

So, SHAZAM, is really all you need to know for this fight, as Blink can't really do a dang thing to him.

13. Axle-Starweilder

Jan 6, 2005
    [image=http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a93/axlestarweilder/SHAZAM.gif]

14. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    General Zod vs. Psylocke

Psylocke will kneel before Zod. Even with her katanas, I just don't see Zod losing.

Winner: Zod

Beta Ray Bill vs. Baron Mordo (Prepared)

This one I think would be more interesting if there were more on Mordo and if he were in a different location. The roof of
    the Baxter building doesn't really buy Mordo much time to get a lot of spells out. With prep he'll know what to use perhaps
    but I still think he's at a disadvantage when it comes to Bill. That said, if Yak provides some evidence for Mordo, I might be swayed to change my vote.

Winner: Beta Ray Bill

Green Lantern (John Stewart) (Prepared) vs. Pitt

John's an architect right? And he's on a big building. So he might use that to his advantage even if it's just using his ring to take the building apart and chuck it brick by brick at Pitt for a bit. Anyway, the ring > Pitt.

Winner: John Stewart

Blink (Prepared) vs. Captain Marvel

I like Blink, but I don't think she's in a great situation for this match. If she were supersmart and used a lot of tech, I could see her grabbing some of Reed's gizmos and frying Marvel. But that isn't the case here. SHAZAM!

Winner: Captain Marvel.

15. Zizz

Zizz Jedi Master star 4

Dec 29, 2005
    Marvel's strength is on the same level as Superman. Which means he's probably a good deal stronger than King Hype or at least as strong. Not good for her with the no enhanced durability...

I don't understand this. I thought Hype fought two Supes-level beings, and didn't win, but held his own. I thought Hype was > Supes as far as strength went.

Seems to me that if Blink's use of sand can take him out, she'd be able to find an abundance of at least some substance to blow up Marvel. I mean, she's got 24 hours, and she can go anywhere in the world to find something to throw right inside Marvel. What if she teleports a ****load of like, acid or something crazy like that to the top of the building, and as soon as the match starts, BOOM, it's inside him. I mean, Hype seems pretty durable and she used that sand to blow him up. I don't really know a hell of a lot about the comparative abilities of the two, except for the fact that I was under the impression they were rather close, but if she can use mere sand to blow him up, and she has 24 hours and an entire world to access any number of substances... well aren't the odds pretty nicely in her favour? She blinks a ton of some dangerous acid that can melt metals and ridiculous stuff like that to the rooftop before the match, so it's right there ready for her to use, and then BAM, she blinks it inside of him. Sure since he doesn't need to breath, toxic gasses aren't going to work, but she'll know that and go forward with the next step. That next step being blinking in a liquid of some sort that he doesn't have to breath in, because it'll just eat away at his insides.

Then she teleports 8 stories down inside the building and waits until he melts away. Or at least until he's weak enough (what with his guts becoming nothing and stuff like that) for her to take out physically/blink away his body parts.

With the number of options Blink has, I don't see her losing.

:)

16. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    Mordo, of course, is exceedingly difficult to find info on. However I did see that at one point he was amped by Dormammu and was far more powerful than Strange. I think Strange eventually defeated Dormammu, or Dormammu got tired of Mordo, or something.

In any case, he can't really ask for Dormie's help in that sense, but he does have the ability to call on various beings such as the Vishanti, Cyttorak, etc. as well as Dormammu (not like Dormammu giving him power directly, but him just calling on a fraction). In any case with his prep he should be pretty amped before the battle is the main point.

He also at some point with prep trapped Strange in a candle (he later broke out of course) but I haven't found that since last draft and I've no clue how it was done.

Mordo's shields are pretty good, he can shield himself against some of Strange's attacks so that's something. Those should be fully up as well.

And then of course there's his mental power. He does have telepathy and mesmerization. Bill of course is kinda cybernetic but I don't know that his brain is computerized or anything like that. A quick, unexpected telepathic attack has felled everyone from Selene to Xavier to Surfer. A guy of Mordo's caliber (for all Dr. Strange's mental feats, I don't think he's ever mentally beaten Mordo) should be able to exploit a psychic sucker punch as well.

Bottom line: He's certainly got a whole lot of options, knows what he's facing and should be fairly amped coming into this fight. His opening salvo will be a vicious one, and he should also be cloaked either by his own stealth or the vapors of Valtorr (I think it's Valtorr), making him difficult to find. And he could tie Bill with the Crimson Bands of Cyttorak. Or just outright TP or blast him. And even if you don't think that will defeat him, I think it's got a good chance to hurt Bill enough to disrupt his use of Stormbreaker.

I'll admit, Mordo doesn't have a good record against Strange, but who does? Mordo has come closer than most.

Oh yeah, Mordo also used a mystic dagger against his daughter to knock her out (kill her maybe, not sure). When Mordo had cancer, his daughter transferred it to Strange and Strange was helpless to do anything about it. Yet Mordo not only took back the cancer mystically, but also was able to finish the threat.

I think he's got enough at his disposal to win with the prep. And just b/c it starts on the roof doesn't mean it ends there. The whole world is the battlefield for these 2. And with Mordo knowing what Bill can do and remember BILL DOESNT KNOW CRAP ABOUT MORDO, yeah Mordo should have a real good shot, though I honestly can't tell you one way or the other who'd win. Very tough. But Mordo does have an extremely good chance with his info, power and variety. And Dr. Strange once took command of Mjolnir. Not saying whether Mordo can, but it's something to think about, especially considering that there have been others able to easily separate or shield off these mystic hammers. Mystic. Again, right up Mordo's alley.

And as for the Blink sand thing, that was utter crap. No way tons of sand exerts more pressure, even on his insides, than punches from Superman-level beings. Unless his outsides are SO DURABLE, that they shield his insides from ALL the pressure. And even if you assume that it still makes no sense because when the sand was inside him, his outsides were moved outward as well. So whoever wrote that, well, should be fired because it's freakin impossible.

That rant really has nothing to do with the outcome of the Blink/Marvel match. But no way is Marvel stronger than or even as strong as King Hype, as Zizz said. But... That really has no bearing on the match either.

17. Axle-Starweilder

Jan 6, 2005
    are all of our fights happening at the same time on the roof of the building, or do they occur seperately?

18. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    I like to think that they're all happening simultaneously.

Also, wasn't King vibrating at intense speeds so as to become intangible, and that is the only way she was able to get the sand in? That's what I thought, but I'll have to go look it up.

19. Shadow_of_Durron

Shadow_of_Durron Jedi Knight star 6

May 2, 2003
    [face_laugh] Are people honestly under the impression that either of the two whack-ass Hyperions that King Hype handled are actually anywhere near the level of Supes? No, they're not. By any stretch. They're crappy knock-offs, at best. Hell, one of them got absolutely chumped by Vision a couple of times. The only Hyperion that even comes somewhat close to being Supes-level (besides King Hype) is Supreme Power. But even he's not there.

Marvel could also handle those chumpstains. They have the basic, bargain-bin-at-Target version of the "Superman powerset", but that doesn't mean that they're on his level.

20. Axle-Starweilder

Jan 6, 2005
    HEY! I HAVE SUPREME POWER HYPERIOIN!!!
    HE'S SUPREME!

BURRITO SUPREME!
    CHICKEN SUPREME!
    cUTLASS SUPREME!!!

SUPREEEEEEEEEEEE-HEEEEEEE-EEEEEEEMMMEE!!!

21. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    Well then, I guess Thor, Gladiator and Hulk aren't Superman-level strength either, considering the Hypes are as strong as they are. And I'm pretty sure there was something about Squad Supreme facing Supreme Power, if I need to later on I'll try to find it.

I could be wrong, but I don't believe Superman has, with a single attack, driven anyone his own strength level (anyone at all?) straight through a pretty decent-sized planet and into the sun. Of course, it seems Superman can only be in the sun for a little bit so, well, fie on him.

I will give Supes stronger... Insides... Though... Clearly his insides wouldn't be blown with sand. Especially when it makes no sense.

22. Axle-Starweilder

Jan 6, 2005
    FIE!
    FIE I SAY TO THEE!

hey, poltergeist is on!

23. Zizz

Zizz Jedi Master star 4

Dec 29, 2005
    Are people honestly under the impression that either of the two whack-ass Hyperions that King Hype handled are actually anywhere near the level of Supes?

I... was. At this point, I don't know what to think.

24. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    Supes' insides are strong all right. One time, he gave himself a dose of "inner heat vision" to kill some bugs he had in his brain.

25. BartSimpson-SithLord

BartSimpson-SithLord Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 24, 2002
    Yeah, the only way she got that much sand into King Hype was because of the vibration thing he was doing while gloating at her.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.