main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mini Series The droids of the Kenobi series (spoilers allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by DannyD, May 4, 2022.

1. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Just like its not IG-88.

2. The Chalk Jedi

The Chalk Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2019
    It can't be 4-LOM because

It has to survive the Kenobi show to appear in the OT.

3. Glitterstimm

Glitterstimm Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2017
    I like Leia’s droid (Lola?), can’t think of another that seems designed just for a kid. Kind of a cross between a bird and a bumblebee. When she’s pouting over it getting smashed, oof, great scene.

Last edited: May 27, 2022
  4. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    It reminds me more of ladybug than bumblebee though. Leia's affection to droids is a nice recurring theme. "Never underestimate a droid". Just like with ewoks as well Leia doesn't underestimate "inferior lifeforms", organic or mechanical, like her snobbish step-cousin does and it's her strength, not weakness after all.

With all hatred of gungans in fandom, this theme was also central in TPM. Most naboo saw gungans as primitive bumbling idiots, but Padmé respected them nevertheless as intelligent lifeforms despite everything. I wonder if Jar Jar could actually be showing up in this?[face_thinking] (Yeah I know, millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror just by the mere mention of him)

Also Obi-Wan's dislike of droids shows there too. He never really liked them and his first reaction to Lola is also rather negative. Sure he does seem to respect R2 more in ANH. Even though he never remember owning a droid. He does own some parts of droids though in this. like that R2-periscope in that den of his.

I loved that idea of Punch clock-GONK btw. Simple yet effective.

5. moxlox

moxlox Jedi Master star 1

Nov 1, 2012
    Punch clock gonk droid - simple & cool as swashbucklingjedi says!

6. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    Looks like it escaped from 'Batteries not included'.

Sarge and Glitterstimm like this.
  7. Glitterstimm

Dec 30, 2017
    I haven't seen that one but I like the trailer lol. I still believe all the Disney Star Wars could be a huge scheme by Spielberg to get revenge on George.

8. CrazyOldJedi

Oct 29, 2000
    Definitely worth a watch.

9. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    Is the droid on the roof shooting the same one from the Mando jail break episode?

10. CrazyOldJedi

Oct 29, 2000
    Nope, it was Q9-0 in the Mandalorian episode and 1-JAC in Kenobi. Different makes of droid (so they say, we all know it's just a re-casting of Threepio's body with a bug-eyed head whacked on.)

11. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Suddenly, the self-aware meta reference in AOTC where a different droid's head was placed on 3PO seems like brilliant commentary.

12. Shaak Ti

Shaak Ti Jedi Master star 3

Dec 22, 2015
    I really enjoyed that from the first time i watched. I interpreted it as how the military industrial complex destroys and/or ignores the individuality of anyone who serves, and then chews and spits them out. Or it's just a fun gag.

13. DannyD

DannyD Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2017
    Nice to see the C-3PO and R2-D2 cameo.

But also nice for other droids to get speaking parts before they do.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2022
    Shaak Ti likes this.
  14. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    That loader droid is gonna break something or someone by next episode lol. You can tell he’s ready to brawl.

15. Sproj

Sproj Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2019
    Haha yep, he was itching for it. He almost seemed disappointed he wasn't able to smash that bucket.

Shaak Ti and Jordan1Kenobi like this.
  16. DannyD

Dec 16, 2017
    Brutal NED-B action next episode? I liked Leia's line about him not being able to speak

L0-LA gets cuter each episode somehow, even though it does nothing except bleep and flap it's wings.

17. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    The bravest Imperial of them all. He died in service to HIM The Emperor. @};-
    [​IMG]

18. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Saddest loss of the entire series so far. I gasped at the audacity that they would show such a brutal scene.

Shaak Ti and MercenaryAce like this.
  19. DannyD

Dec 16, 2017
    The seeker droid looked good in the Fortress. Bit intimidating too. I hear it's from Jedi Fallen Order?

20. Glitterstimm

Dec 30, 2017
    Hoping we might still see the original heroes return for the finale :c3po: :r2h:

21. Jcuk

Jcuk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2013
    I actually liked the Loader droid. Especially the scene with the Stormtroopers

22. DannyD

Dec 16, 2017
    Yeah. Nice and quiet but is going to be a handful later on!

Jcuk likes this.
  23. Foreign32567

Foreign32567 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 4, 2021
    Really hope that if one of the remaining episodes will have flashbacks about the battle of Jabiim they will feature A-series assassin droids. After Scorpeneks appearing in BoBF it does not seems too unrealistic.

24. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    And rebels before that. And Battlefront 2.

That would be great.

DannyD and Foreign32567 like this.
  25. gat-65b

gat-65b Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 13, 2022
    If we're making Jabim based wishes, it would be neat to see the old Nimbus warriors from the comics make an appearance. Sure they wouldn't have like Jedi in the Clone Wars but maybe their anti Republic stance translates into helping the Path organizers against it's successor Empire. Unlikely of course. Regardless grateful for the nods we have enjoyed such as well, Jabim at all and also mention of Florrum last episode. On top of being entertaining, the show has done a good job of integrating into the wider (ie, beyond just the live action) Star Wars universe. None of tha was droid related so I'll add LO-LA and NED-B are both nice designs and characters so far.

MercenaryAce and Foreign32567 like this.