main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Fan Sites Social Thread says Final Exams are EVIL

Discussion in 'Archive: Fan Sites' started by jedi-mind-trick, Feb 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedi-mind-trick

jedi-mind-trick VIP star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 6, 2001
    I am a firm believer that one of the things will help this forum take off is for users here to get to know one another. Therefore, I thought I would try a social thread in this forum and see if anyone wants to talk to me? :p

unlocking on request

2. PadmesHairstylist

PadmesHairstylist Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2001
    I'll talk to ya'. :D

Hehe...

Good idea about this thread along with some of the others you have been creating. I see that you have been busy. :)

3. Night4554

Night4554 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 9, 2000
    I [face_love] JMT

PH is a good fella too :p

¤Night

4. PadmesHairstylist

Jul 31, 2001
    Hello Night...good to see you here. ;)

5. jedi-mind-trick

Jul 6, 2001
    OMG! Someone wants to talk to me! [face_love]

What's up guys? :D

6. PadmesHairstylist

Jul 31, 2001
    Nothing much here....I'm about to head home.

It was a long day. :p

How ya' doing? :)

7. jedi-mind-trick

Jul 6, 2001
    Blast dial up connection! I got kicked off the internet for a whole hour! :mad:

Anyway...you are probably on your way home already PH...I am sorry I missed you.

In answer to your question, I am fine. I think I have gotten most of my costume issues resolved, which is nice. Just a few finishing touches and they will be complete. So I have been messing around with that this evening. I need to slow down and relax because I had one of those days where I was running around in the rain all day and I still have not completely calmed down. :p

8. PadmesHairstylist

Jul 31, 2001
    It's okay JMT, I had to leave suddenly.

Cool...I'm glad you got the clothing taken care of! :D

Yes, relax...don't work yourself too hard. ;)

9. Daughter_Of_TheForce

Daughter_Of_TheForce Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 1, 2001
    dial-up = EVIL!!!!

That's the only way to go around here. We're never on the cutting edge of technology. 8-}

10. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    Isn't there some kind of DSL u can get through the satelite?

11. Daughter_Of_TheForce

Daughter_Of_TheForce Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 1, 2001
    Hmm, well what do you know...

My ISP offers cable modem service in my area for twice what I'm paying for dial-up. Might give that a look.

As for satellite...$$$$$ [face_shocked]

12. Night4554

Night4554 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 9, 2000
    I gots cable. It plunks out every once in a while :(

¤Night

13. PadmesHairstylist

Jul 31, 2001
    Yeah, I have cable and it can give out once in a blue moon....although most of my problems have been with the cable modem itself. Since replacing it, it has been a dream. It is especially nice hooking it up to a router and having a network at home. :D

14. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    When ever it snows or rains bad my cable tends to go out. I also have had to have AT&T replace my modem a couple of times. THe RCA model modem they give out is pretty crappy.

15. PadmesHairstylist

Jul 31, 2001
    That was the one I got rid of...it was bad. ;)

16. jedi-mind-trick

Jul 6, 2001
    *makes coffee for all in thread*

Good morning! I am so jealous of you cable people. But I get my internet connection free from my university, so I really should not complain too much: I have not paid in four years and it only craps out every once in awhile. :p

17. PadmesHairstylist

Jul 31, 2001
    Good morning...thanks for the coffee. :p

Ahhh...yes, free is always good JMT. ;)

18. jedi-mind-trick

Jul 6, 2001
    Ok.....so I finally got my costume situation pretty well straightened out. Wait until you see this dress I found to wear...it is gorgeous (I shall have pics made and upload them for you). It is all black, and I wear these really slinky long black gloves, etc. Today I have to go round and find something to put in my hair, and then I am all set.

Tomorrow is the press conference and the "Captain's Gala (big houty touty preview party for the city's big wigs)".....so tomorrow is really my first test. Am I nervous? Oh god, yes, I am nervous.

19. PadmesHairstylist

Jul 31, 2001
    I bet you are nervous...I would be too! :eek:

I'm sure you'll do great though. ;)

Ooooh...I can't wait to see your dress. Sounds awesome! Yes, please upload a pic of it when you get the chance. :D

20. jedi-mind-trick

Jul 6, 2001
    I am about to go out now to look for hair ornaments for the costume. This whole costume thing has been a complete nightmare, to be honest. I have had to drive all over the state practically and deal with some people that are not only horrifically rude, but also who know nothing about the Edwardian Period (meaning I have had tons of people trying to put me in a medevial dress). So it has been a huge pain in the arse. Glad it is almost done.

When I get home, I have to sit down and figure out how the heck to put my hair up in one of those styles.

Tell me again why I took this job? :p

Talk to you later. :D

21. PadmesHairstylist

Jul 31, 2001
    I have had tons of people trying to put me in a medevial dress

LOL! [face_laugh]

Okay...good luck finding your hair ornaments and dealing with rude people. ;)

Talk to you soon :)

22. malkieD2

malkieD2 Ex-Manager and RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2002
    Good idea on the social thread - count me in :D

Is there any coffee left ? :)

I have 1.5Mbps cable internet at home, and a phat Government pipe at work ;) download speeds are never a problem for me :)

I need to get my ass into gear for creating an R2D2 site - I've got ideas and made some media, but I really need to stick it all together. I'll never see the light of day as I'm too busy at work :(

anyways, hey to you all

malkie

23. jedi-mind-trick

Jul 6, 2001
    Hey malkie! Is there coffee left? Are you kidding? Is there any other drink for designers except one with heavy caffine? :p :D

*pours coffee*

I think it is a shame you do not put together an R2 site. Something like that would be way cool, and very original, as I cannot think of any other site out there with such a focus. Perhaps you could start small with it, and grow as time goes? That way you wouldn't be worrying about trying to put aside a ton of time up front? Just a thought - that was how I started my site.

24. malkieD2

malkieD2 Ex-Manager and RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2002
    thanks JMT for the advice - its a good idea :)

I most of the graphics done and general content ideas, but I really wanted to do a FLASH intro (as I've recently got FLASH). Nothing magical, just perhaps the formation of an R2 unit from its composite pieces.

If you want to see something thats extremely bad, then click on the 'Official Galactic Senate Website' link in my sig. Its a page I put together in under 10 minutes in an attempt to get the people working on our official fan force website to get moving.

Depending how work goes this week I might find time at the weekend to work on my R2

malkie

25. jedi-mind-trick

Jul 6, 2001
    If you want to see something thats extremely bad, then click on the 'Official Galactic Senate Website' link in my sig.

I clicked on the site and I saw at the top: please note, this webpage is suppose to be crap.

[face_laugh]

You should give yourself more credit malkie....that site is pretty good! :D

If you get time to work on your site, please post the link, as I would like to see what you have going on. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.