main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Resource The Fanon Thread

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by FanonSock, Nov 11, 2014.

1. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Criminal and revenge Organisation: S.P.A.G.E.T.T.I.

(Special Project for the Accumulation of Gems and the Erasure of The Tetsus Instigator)

This organisation is inspired by the James Bond organisation, S.P.E.C.T.R.E. (Special Executive for Counter Intelligence, Terrorism, Revenge, and Extortion).

It was also inspired by reading on Wookieepedia, that the Grand Protector of Rodia ordered genocide against an entire clan, the Tetsus clan, both on and offworld.

Thus in a lot of my fiction and roleplaying, SPAGETTI has been major protagonists or minor bit players with their end goal unclear to anyone in-universe, but really everything that their agents and operatives do across the galaxy, is to channel finance back to SPAGETTI, to fund an eventual attack on Rodia's capital, to assassinate Narvik the Red.

I have used them for so long, that I have forgotten most of what they do.

Spaceport Slavery
    Their most recent small scale operation (RP game, Intervention: Echoes of Eternity) is a slaving operation working out of spaceports in the Craci system. The star system lies on the border of the Empire and the Corporate Sector.

Contacts in the town's bars would identify pretty or skilled femmes, and communicate their details to agents at the spaceport, and if instructed to do so, would deliver messages to said female, inviting them to a party that night on a Seltiss-2 Hutt caravel at the spaceport.

[​IMG]

The outside would feature parked limousines, a droid valet(?) checking invitations, and the sound and lights of a "happening" party going on aboard the caravel, but once aboard, the holos creating the atmosphere would deactivate, allowing the visitor to find themselves in a locked spartan room.

The caravel would spring fifty metres into the air, more to prevent people jumping off, and then go meet a Bulwark-class cruiser in orbit, which would stock the captives until full, while the automated caravel returned to the surface.

The caravel is armed with at least an Ax-108 "Ground Buzzer" blaster cannon to dissuade pursuing starfighters.

A cell of four Rodians, operating in the same spaceport, took on jobs, eg. bounties, that would again channel funding back to SPAGETTI.

Eventual Endgame

Although I have never actually written SPAGETTI achieving their goal, in 16BBY, an Imperial Acclamator despatched to the edge of the galaxy, or the Unknown Regions to investigate something, I forget what, encountered the equivalent of this Mega Maid (see below) being constructed in deep space.

They were unable to report back, as they were immediately surrounded and captured by a force of Bulwark-class cruisers.

Personnel and Assets

SPAGETTI is staffed mostly by Rodians of the Tetsus clan, although a few non-Rodians are employed, either for the money, because they were captured and were given the choice to join or die, or some other reason personal to them.

The Rodians, being the victims of Narvik the Red's genocide order, are highly motivated, and and proud to be sending money back to fill the coffers, no matter how that moolah is earned, and who (non-Tetsus anyway) suffers.

Around the galaxy, they operate in four person cells for security, and make contacts with the authorities or civilian population to help achieve their goals.

For instance, at Craci, they had gained enough trust with the planetary governor, and garrison commander, that neither blinked at their caravels' frequent surface to orbital trips, though that is not to say that the authorities had a clue as to what was occuring.

Bulwark-class cruisers

SPAGETTI has several of these kilometre-long vessels, and sufficient personnel to crew them.

In my fanon, their bows are able to split open like the supertanker in the Spy Who Loved Me, and capture smaller vessels.

The one operating at Craci, the Dep S, was able to hold three caravels in its hold.

It was crewed by Rodians, the human captain, Lanie McFarland, and droideka battledroids.

In 0.5ABY, McFarland over-rode the orders of his Rodian masters to give aid to CSA VicStars that were under missile attack and broadcasting distress calls.

Later the same day, the bridge crew were killed by Mercs that they had been trapped on their latest caravel, and the ship programmed to jump into the local sun.

Unknown to the Mercs, there were other captives aboard.

[​IMG]

This is an article that I can see myself having to add detail to, but this should be enough to get ya started.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2019
  2. FanonSock

FanonSock Jedi Master star 1

Nov 11, 2014
    Wow, this thread has really been hopping! Just added the following two new fanon posts to the index:
    Sith-I-5, thanks for your post and for volunteering it for the challenge. Viridian-Maiden, thank you for volunteering your neuro-lamp post for the challenge, too. With your two entries the list is now complete; I had originally planned on 15 entries, but since you posted both around the same time, you're both in, and it'll be 16. :)

stellarmagic01, thanks for your recent fanon posts, too. Just as a reminder for the future: per the thread rules, everyone's entitled to one fanon post per month (see this post under the heading "Specific Rules of This Thread").

Also, just a reminder to everyone to please PM the sock when you post or update a fanon post—it helps me keep track of things better. Many thanks to those of you who did so. :)

And now, watch this space, because fanon challenge #2 is incoming shortly! :D

Kahara and Sith-I-5 like this.
  3. FanonSock

Nov 11, 2014
    And now, I am pleased to introduce . . .
    The FANON QUOTE CHALLENGE!

Here’s how it will work:
    1. Use the forum dice function to throw two 16-sided dice.
    First create a post. When it is posted, click “More options” in the bottom right corner of the new post, then “Throw a dice.” You’ll be prompted for “throwing dice for” (just put in whatever you want) and the number of sides, which will be 16. Once the dice is thrown, you’ll have the option to throw another.
    2. The number on the first die will be your number for LIST ONE (fanon elements), and the number on the second will be your number for LIST TWO (fun and famous SW quotes, which are all from the films).
    3. Write a story featuring both the fanon element and the quote you received, and post a link here when done. :)

Deadline: Sunday, October 9, 2016, at 11:59 PM PST. After that we’ll vote—the winner will get to choose the next challenge and have his or her story announced in the thread title for a week. Colors may be a possibility too—I’m in the process of checking with the mods. And yes, the winner will get colors too!

A few guidelines:
    1. Please reroll if your LIST ONE throw gives you (a) one of your own fanon elements or (b) the fanon element you received in this thread’s challenge #1, the Fanon Roulette.
    2. You don’t have to reroll if you receive an element or quote that someone else has already received; it’s OK in this challenge for more than one person to have the same fanon element or quote. But if you happen to end up with both your results the same as someone else’s, please do reroll one of them.
    3. The quote you receive doesn’t have to be spoken by the character who spoke it in the films—you can put it in the mouth of whomever you want, EC or OC! :D

LIST ONE: Fanon Elements
    1. Zeltrons (canon species) by divapilot
    2. Elellumiwi (original species) by Kahara
    3. Food and beverages by leiamoody
    4. Guaymar (original planet) by Gahmah Raan
    5. Kiffar (canon species) by Chyntuck
    6. Ordo Aurorae Aureae (original organization) by Gamiel
    7. Gand (canon species) by Findswoman
    8. Vagran (canon planet) by Ewok Poet
    9. Kuat (canon planet) by Pandora
    10. Circleball by earlybird-obi-wan
    11. Sacorria (canon planet) by Ewok Poet
    12. Finta sempli (original Force power) by Findswoman
    13. Twi'lek Language by divapilot (part of this post—see paragraph "Language")
    14. Hoatzeri (original species) by Raissa Baiard
    15. S.P.A.G.E.T.T.I. (Special Project for the Accumulation of Gems and the Erasure of The Tetsus Instigator) by Sith-I-5
    16. Neuro-lamp by Viridian-Maiden

LIST TWO: Fun and Famous SW Quotes
    1. “Look at the size of that thing!”
    2. “Judge me by my size, do you?”
    3. “Hey! Point that thing someplace else!”
    4. “Why, you stuck-up, half-witted, scruffy-looking nerf-herder!”
    5. “I have a bad feeling about this.”
    6. “I hate sand.”
    7. “Are you talking first? Or am I? Who’s supposed to talk first?”
    8. “I am not a committee!”
    9. “Laugh it up, fuzzball!”
    10. “I’m kind of a big deal.”
    11. “That’s no moon.”
    12. “These aren’t the droids you’re looking for.”
    13. “The garbage will do!”
    14. “Who’re you calling scruffy-looking?!”
    15. “It’s not my fault!”
    16. “No, I’m your father.”

LIST OF PARTICIPANTS and INDEX
    (in alphabetical order by username)
    • Chyntuck: Elellumiwi by Kahara and “I have a bad feeling about this”: Artemian's Eleven
    • divapilot: Sacorria by Ewok Poet and “Laugh it up, fuzzball!”
    • Ewok Poet: Twi’lek language by divapilot and “That's no moon”: The Map of the Dead
    • Findswoman: Kiffar by Chyntuck and “Judge me by my size, do you?”:
      Sai-perimetry at Gleebaloola's, You Bet!
    • Gamiel: Circleball by earlybird-obi-wan and “Look at the size of that thing!”
    • Jedi_Perigrine: Twi'lek language, and "Who are you calling scruffy-looking?"
    • Kahara: Twi’lek language by divapilot and “I have a bad feeling about this.”
    • Lazy K: Guaymar bu Gahmah Raan and “Are you talking first? Or am I? Who’s supposed to talk first?”
    • Pandora: Food and beverages by leiamoody and “I'm kind of a big deal”:
      "Something is shining like gold, but better," July 12th post
    • Sith-I-5: Hoatzeri by Raissa Baiard and “These aren’t the droids you’re looking for”:
      Night of, well, a fair bit of consternation
    • Viridian-Maiden: Zeltrons by divapilot and “Are you talking first? Or am I? Who’s supposed to talk first?”
    As always, feel free to ask if you have any questions!

Kahara likes this.
  4. leiamoody

leiamoody Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2005
    Never mind.

Findswoman likes this.
  5. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    I first chickened out for my original roll, but when I look at it again, I should probably go for it. I can see a bizarre vignette in my future. :)

Never mind my second and third roll. [face_blush]

So, just to confirm, @divapilot's paragraph on Twi'lek language and "That's no moon".

Findswoman likes this.
  6. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    (Psst, leiamoody —16 faces! :) )

And I'll throw, too...

EDIT: That's Chyntuck's Kiffar post and "Judge me by my size, do you?" Should be... interesting and different! :D

7. leiamoody

Nov 8, 2005
    I only get the option for throwing 6. Guess I'm out of this one.

8. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Not at all! It should give you the option to enter how many faces—6 is given as the default, but just type over it. :)

9. leiamoody

Nov 8, 2005
    I did, but it keeps reverting back to 6. Dunno.

Oh well. :D

10. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014

If you like, I can throw for you—just say the word. Or you're welcome to stick with those numbers, since they're perfectly legit.

11. leiamoody

Nov 8, 2005
    Let me try one more time...

10. Circleball

8. "I am not a committee."

FanonSock, I'm not going to use either one of these elements. There's nothing I can do with the first one since I'm not a sports writer type of person. Please let someone else have them. Thanks.

Findswoman likes this.
  12. Viridian-Maiden

Viridian-Maiden Jedi Master star 1

Aug 14, 2013
    Don't need more challenges but here goes.

Zeltrons. And "Are you talking first?..."

13. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    Not to sound stupid but I can't find the option to throw dice. When I click on "more options" all I get is a "reply to thread" box. Finds, would you be so kind as to throw the magic 16-sided dice for me?

14. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    You have to post first, then the option will be in the dropdown.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

15. Pandora

Pandora Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 13, 2005
    Oh, well--

This is awkward and embarrassing.

16. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    ok, second try:

Saccoria and "Laugh it up, fuzzball." I can work with that.

Findswoman and Ewok Poet like this.
  17. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    We are stuck with each other, ahahahahaahahaha!

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

divapilot likes this.
  18. Pandora

Pandora Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 13, 2005
    I had better try this again.

And the results are: Food and beverages by leiamoody, and "I'm kind of a big deal."

Findswoman likes this.
  19. leiamoody

Nov 8, 2005
  20. Kahara

Kahara FFoF Hostess Extraordinaire star 4 VIP - Game Host

Mar 3, 2001
    Okay, let's see if I can get this to work. :)

Looks like I've got these two:

13. Twi'lek Language by divapilot (part of this post—see paragraph "Language")
    5. “I have a bad feeling about this.”

Findswoman likes this.
  21. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    Okay, giving this a try!

EDIT: The Elellumiwi and "I have a bad feeling about this". I can work with that :)

Kahara and Findswoman like this.
  22. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Here goes nothing: Circleball and “Look at the size of that thing!”. Hum, no idea out of the blue but we will see.

Kahara and Findswoman like this.
  23. FanonSock

Nov 11, 2014
    Wow! What a fantastic turnout already! :D

It looks like there are seven confirmed participants so far—is that right? Would it help if I maintained a list of the participants as part of the main challenge post above (cf. what I did in the main post of the previous challenge)?

And of course all elements are open to all participants, whether they were "gotten" by anyone else or not. :)

Kahara and Ewok Poet like this.
  24. Lazy K

Lazy K Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 22, 2012
    Extremely late to the first challenge but, hopefully, better late than never -

Circle of Fans

Includes:
    - the Ellumiwi by Kahara
    - circleball by earlybird-obi-wan.

EDIT to add: Yes, I got the fic finished so I could feel not guilty about wantonly rolling the dice for this one.

4. Guaymar (which sounds positively Lovecraftian)
    7. “Are you talking first? Or am I? Who’s supposed to talk first?”

Hmm . . .

Findswoman and Kahara like this.
  25. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    My turn, I guess.

Edit:

Well 15 brought up my own fanon, and I'm not touching 13 with a sterilised tractor beam, thanks. To do with the number more than the content.

So, 14 on the first list is Raissa Baiard's Hoatzeri (whatever that is).

12 on the second list, gives me, “These aren’t the droids you’re looking for.”

Kahara likes this.