main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The FF-UK Fantasy Football League

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by orn-free-tada, Aug 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. orn-free-tada

orn-free-tada Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 11, 2001
    its cool that a title is confirmed for the winner :cool:

colours is a :
    "we'll see"

2. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    Wright-Phillips made his mark tonight! A great choice for all those who picked him (including me LOL!)

3. Welshguy

Welshguy Jedi Master star 4

Jun 2, 2002
    Heard Duff was out of favour with the new Chelsea boss and may be sold, so I have transfered him out of Welshguy Rovers and replaced him with Pires of Arsenal.

This should see us rocket up the league :)

4. orn-free-tada

Aug 11, 2001
    i bought bright wright-philips and anohterman city player.

I have 2 liverpool players and two man city. They play each otehr next week so i took off the man city players, left on liverpool and bought neville ( becuse man u have an easy game next week)

I AM currently at the top of the table....

but I made a god-awful mistake and made 5 transferes!!!! i didnt know you lost points for it and next week ill start with 16 less points than i currently do :oops:

5. Cobranaconda

Cobranaconda Jedi Grand Master star 7

Mar 3, 2004
    Are you meant to make transfers?
    Coz I spent all of my money on the team that I originally picked. Is that bad?

6. Darth_Asabrush

Darth_Asabrush Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 21, 2000
    I spent all my money too but changed one player for another and actually now have some money in the bank!

Sell a player then you have money to buy another.

You lose points after the first transfer (the first one is free).

7. orn-free-tada

Aug 11, 2001
    so when game week two starts on saturday, i will start with 16 less points than i have now :(

8. Jedi_Loon

Jedi_Loon Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 15, 2002
    I'm rather pleased with my first transfer, got rid of Amorouso (sp) and in comes Gallas :D Thats if he gets first team footy....

9. halibut

Aug 27, 2000
    temporarily got rid of Nistelrooy and Ronaldo (not playing) and brought in Reyes and Okocha. Go halibut!

10. Nebucchad

Nebucchad Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 29, 2002
    My team for next Gameweek:

Van Der Sar - was a toss up between him and Friedel, but have a feeling Bolton will harder score in away match, than Southampton at home.

Gary Neville, Upson and Melberg as defenders. Not much better defense I could have. Just Short from Blackburn and Kishishev from Charlton as subs. Would have just two defenders if not for Hendrie missing game. Anyway,playing against Norwich and West Brom, Neville and Melberg have good chance not getting a goal...and as for Upson, well, Chelsea didn't impress me last week, hope for some struggles in attack.

Keane, Wright-Philips, Okocha and Ljungberg as midfielders. First and last, think they'll both have good games...and as for Okocha and Wright-Philips, little harder, both on away games vs good teams.

And in front, Smith, Beattie nsson as captain, and Svensson from Norwich. Last one was cheap, and I didn't have more money for some 'bigger' name. And he got an assist last game, so that's a plus.

11. halibut

Aug 27, 2000
    Well, I'm off the bottom, with my Arsenal, Middlesborough, and WBA players to go tomorrow

12. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    I really suck at this. 19 points for my second week, one of the worst scores there.

Thank god for Halibut FC, at least there's someone there to make me look good. ;)

Role on tomorrow when my big guns get a chance to shine.

13. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    Heh! I'm not the only one banking on a Thierry Henry hat-trick tomorrow afternoon then!!! ;)

14. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    There seems to be a pattern about us lower leauge teams. We are all praying to the gods of football that our big name Arsenal stars come good.

As of yet they have been somewhat dissapointing, despite winning their opening game.

I'm banking on Henry knocking in 5 goals tomorrow actually.

15. Jedi_Loon

Oct 15, 2002
    Ah, my long march up the league table begins :p

Come on Villa, keep a clean sheet tom' ;)

16. SLAVE2

SLAVE2 Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 6, 2000
    Cool, I didn't do to badly yesterday. #3 overall is ok, aslong as I keep in touch with those at the top I can make a late surge and win the whole thing :cool:

17. Everton

Jul 18, 2003
    I didn't do too well yesterday. Only Gerrard got me a good number of points, and I neglected to select him as captain. :oops: So I've sacrificed some points for a number of substitutions in the hope that it will pay off in the long term.

18. orn-free-tada

Aug 11, 2001
    I really wished i never made 5 tracners... i got 49 points but nthats only about 20 + more than I originally had..

Im currently 4th ( why oh WHY did i leave beattie on the bench and have McCann on instead :oops:

19. Jedi_Loon

Oct 15, 2002
    Bloody Clements, but not a bad day.

20. orn-free-tada

Aug 11, 2001
    Guys, check out Game week 4 for Liverpool and Man U...

Forget that.... you [/b] MUST[/b] check out the DATE for gameweek 3.... its Tuesday

21. Nebucchad

Apr 29, 2002
    Im currently 4th ( why oh WHY did i leave beattie on the bench and have McCann on instead

No worries. As I see, McCann didn't played at all, so automatic sub will get in for you. Though, probably Wright-Philips, not Beattie. Anyway, no change in points, they both got 5 if I remember correctly.

22. orn-free-tada

Aug 11, 2001
    The thing is McCann got NO points.... and beattie Scored!

i left beattie on the bench and mCcann on

23. halibut

Aug 27, 2000
    Is anyone watching this Arsenal match?? Bloody hell! 4-3 so far after Arsenal were 3-1 down! This could go anywhere!!

24. Nebucchad

Apr 29, 2002
    orn-free-tada, if player do not play at all, he'll be subed when points are calculated. So, no worries, you'll get either Beattie's or Philips' points instead of McCann's.

Same thing happened to me last week. In my line up, one defensive player didn't played at all, and I got instead Mellberg's points.

4-3 eh? Hopefully, Ljungberg scored some. :)

25. Everton

Jul 18, 2003
    Is anyone watching this Arsenal match??

Yep. Pretty outstanding stuff. Although I was pretty annoyed that as we were watching multiple replays of Pires' goal, Sky nearly missed Reyes'. :mad: I can't remember that last time I saw the restart after a goal on Sky's Premiership coverage.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.