main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fantasy CLOSED The Final Game: A Story of Selenia

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by darthbernael , Dec 25, 2020.

1. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    IC: Isfet
    The moment…..

Isfet scoffed. She was not one to be made to wait. Enya had provided the perfect distraction and she would exploit it for all it was worth.

With a surge of her Will, she called the dagger offered to Isha to her hand. The instant it touched her palm, she became a blur of speed as she suddenly relocated herself behind Anubis and held the dagger to his throat, pressed it against his skin, but did not break it….yet.

Isfet leered visibly, her countenance full of intent.

Huitzilopchtli’s dagger was being used in a manner that it was intended, so she was fulfilling its purpose, in a way.

“You reacted rashly, Anubis dear….” She began, sweetly, the blade still pressed against his throat; if he even flinched…..

“We are all dying, thanks to Samhain, at relative rates mind you, but that needn’t be so…..” A cunning smile as she addressed the other gods.

“Anubis lies! If ‘he’ dies here, the one he is currently joined to becomes the new ‘god of death’ in essence, as long as we don’t allow his ‘Will’ to dominate the new host. With the old god of death gone, we could become completely undying ourselves! I can guarantee it!”

A soft devious chuckle escapes her dark lips.

“Of course, that would mean the end of mortals as well, but those that remain would be locked in never-ending conflict, one we could reshape as many times as we like. The power of ‘Fate’ would be greatly reduced, there would be no need for some silly cycle, nor white feathers, Selenia would become a literal play ground! All we need to do is slay Anubis to begin a New Era…before we are lost to oblivion! “

There was a pause at which time Isfet whispered in Anubis’ ear.

If Enya was allowed to destroy Samhain, the knowledge of the antidote would perish with him, that is, unless Thoth already knew what it was.

This critical moment would only stretch for so long. The true fate of both Selenia and the gods of the realm hung in the balance.

Tag: @darthbernael, @Sinrebirth, @Shadowsun, @Kurisan, @Ktala, @galactic-vagabond422, @Adalia-Durron, @Corellian_Outrider, @TheAdmiral

Last edited: Mar 6, 2021
  2. galactic-vagabond422

galactic-vagabond422 Force Ghost star 4

Jul 11, 2009
    Cayden Cailean
    Realm of the gods

Cayden didn't mind his chosen champion asking as if he didn't exist or that Mal didn't think he was a champion. It was almost comical the lengths Mal went to, distancing himself from the gods. Cayden would be the first to admit that he was willful and hadn't really done much to help him. Malagath was lucky, though that luck was sometimes helped along by a certain drunken hand.

However Mal lived his life, and Cayden wouldn't take umbridge with it. Though he would guide things where he could, and when he needed to. He was lucky his champion was more interested in gathering a strong crew and not spitting into the eyes of the gods. Was he a fool for choosing him, possibly, but Mal hadn't gone off the deep end like certain others. Everything seemed fine, though there was some bickering between the gods of life and death. Some philosophical debate going back and forth the worth of a life, and free will. It didn't seem necessary, but it wasn't turning violent despite the daggers being provided.

Cayden just took a longer sip of his own rum, made by his own power in his own cup. That was when Samhain revealed that he had poisoned the wine. Forcing the god of drink to look into his flagon which he always kept with him and filled magically with whatever he felt like drinking.

Before he could speak Ma'at turned into a different goddess, one of injustice and pain. Isfet and Anubis have their confrontation knives at throats and threats of death being bandied about. Letting out a long breath Cayden down one drink then snapped his fingers filling the cup again and finishing it off.

"So should we just let old tentacle face over there win? You know this is what he wants, you can see it on his bloody face. For all that is good Samhain why the hell would you do this? Force us to work together or do you just want this world to fall and start anew. What off the millions that would perish are we so above them that their lives don't matter? Is not their worship what keep us relevant? Or are they just toys for use to dispose of when we are bored. This decet serves no purpose other than to enrage and sow discord. Surely you aren't so capricious. They were having a slight disagreement, nothing that couldn't be sorted out over a nice non-altered drink. And another thing, how dare you use my life blood as a vector for your trickery. A drink is to be enjoyed among friends and acquaintances not to be a mode of death. If you can't trust the drink in your hands what can you trust? Can we all just take a step back here. Surely there is a better way. We are better than this aren't we? Or are we just as discordant, fractured and violent as those he was to worship. Maybe Mal is right to not believe in us. If this is how we act. So lets remove the poisons, and the knives, and let's talk like civilized beings. Or should I just be petty and turn all the alcohol in here to sour vinegar."

TAG: @darthbernael @Sinrebirth @Shadowsun @Kurisan @Ktala @greyjedi125 @Adalia-Durron @Corellian_Outrider @TheAdmiral

3. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    IC Andrissa - Goddess of Pissed off Fate
    Heavenly Hell - The Realm of the Gods

Poison?

Andrissa glanced at the glass in her hand briefly before releasing it. It slipped from her fingers to hit the floor, the glass smashing and shattering in a million tiny water and poison covered shards. She stared directly at Samhain in disbelief and horror. This was a game, or at least she thought it was, but the stakes had single handedly been upped in one move. She turned to watch Anubis' eruption then moments later Ma'at collapsed only to have Isfet appear, her assessment of the game was not heard, it mattered little. Andrissa tried to recall how many sips she'd taken, was it one or was it two, either way they were small and she felt whatever poison she'd ingested would be small to infinitesimal. She was about to call on the moon for light to extinguish any impurities, when Enja did something that she'd not seen in a very long time. The room glowed at her power as she rose up and chanted words that reverberated around the room.

Andrissa closed her black eyes, searched internally for pain, for suffering, for anguish or destruction.

She felt none.

She'd been right, she'd managed to avoid any poison.

Andrissa stood as Enya finished as she had something to say. "Samhain! You have made a grave error in your judgement. This will not bode well for you or your champion. You have offended the Fates, and they will not shine favourable upon either of you for this decision and act!"

[​IMG]

@darthbernael @galactic-vagabond422 @greyjedi125 @Ktala @Kurisan @Shadowsun @Sinrebirth @TheAdmiral @Corellian_Outrider

4. Kurisan

Kurisan Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2016
    IC: Isha
    The Realm of the Gods

Isha recovered her composure. Her outburst had had the desired effect. Anubis was engaging, at last showing consideration for the world his champion was attempting to destroy…

“Now unlike you, I do not see all wood elves as inherently good nor as inherently evil, the same goes for the Drow, each is judged on their merits and not judged for which elven race they herald from, really Isha, I expected more from the goddess of life than to dismiss an entire race as inherently evil. It does not matter whether their souls are forsaken to you or not as that is under my domain once they die, all are equal, under my purview, unlike your pettiness,” he said.

“That is not what I said. I know you are no fool, so can only assume you are being disingenuous and deliberately misinterpreting my words. I stated the Drow add nothing to the cycle of life, as governed by the Lore of the Hunt. It is not for me to say whether they are good or evil, nor right or wrong. I cannot force them to worship me or consider life sacred. That is their choice, not mine. They decide to forsake me. Surely you do not pretend to think their culture does not revere the Spider Goddess?”

She continued, “Let us return to the question you actually asked: Why do I not grieve if a Drow is killed by Sarathai, or any wood elf, in self-defense, for the purpose of survival? It is because you must return them to me by the Lore of the Hunt. I tend to reincarnate Drow as bunnies. The world needs more bunnies. Bunnies are very good at recreating life themselves, which offsets the parasitical waste caused by the Drow culture.”

"But what troubles me most Isha is how you liken the drow to wild animals…” he continued.

“Ah but now you simply reveal your own prejudice, reflected in the culture of the Drow. Wild animals are just as sacred to me as all other life. It is you who puts them on a lower level of esteem,” Isha replied.

“I agree that most are 'evil' mortals, my champion alone is proof that not all worship the spider goddess, but make no mistake I know the judgment of a righteous heart and if Nyruel's heart was to be weighed on the scales I would not be surprised for him to be cast into nothingness,” he said.

Then what is your argument? she had to wonder.

“Again, I do not judge such things. If he is killed in accordance with the Sacred Hunt, he is returned to me. If he is tortured by the minions of the Spider Goddess and murdered for fun, he belongs to you. If you are proposing to show some action behind your words and return to me all those lost souls taken by the depraved Drow, then please do so and I will gladly receive and reincarnate them!”

He then conjured her a vision of a wood elf murdering a Drow.

“Not so black and white is it?”

Isha sighed. “What is the purpose of this fabrication? Are you trying to tell me that a single wood elf somehow infiltrated the deepest caverns of the Drow underworld, for no particular reason, and then randomly killed this Drow man for fun? Alright, let us pretend it happened. He has clearly forsaken me and gone over to the worship of Khaine, and I condemn the action unreservedly. Will you do the same for the murders performed by Nyruel in his very first showing of this saga? Is this supposed to somehow lessen the crimes of the entire Drow culture? What a pathetic defense!”

She waved her own hand, showing a courtroom in session in a human kingdom.

“We often watch the humans develop these ideas of justice, for the dramas often end in life or death. I am personally fascinated by how some human advocates try to defend the unjustifiable, but I have never yet witnessed this defence…”

She waved a hand, transforming herself into a black-cloaked human man with a crooked nose and evil eyes. She/He spoke with a heavy accent.

“Yeah, yer honour, I done killed all them girls, and I loved every minute of it. But there’s an eastern chap, Attila be his name, and many murders he done, too. So, in conclusion, yer should let me off, please, yer honour.”

She clapped her hands and returned to her normal form, flashing Anubis a scowl.

“Please… the Drow will not thank you for such cowardly obfuscation. They take what they wish and do not apologise. They are proud of their evil!”

She looked around the table, realising the spat had attracted the attention of the other gods.

Anubis said, “I do indeed care Isha, but it is not my duty to reshape the world, only to judge the dead but the systems of the world wheater they are drow, wood elf, or otherwise have led to nothing but hatred and misery, maybe the world does need to be made anew."

Good. He admitted he cares. Almost there.

“Need I remind you, my Dear Anubis, that we are gathered here for this game because Huitzilopotchli is bored of the peace and tranquility of the world. So my question is this, as all of the gods at this table to witness, please speak truly; do you agree with your Champion’s decision to join with the forces of the Destroyer?”

At that moment, Samhain intervened with his revelation that he had poisoned all their drinks!

Isha glanced at her glass of pure water, then back to Samhain.

The pain doubled her over. She felt the impurity within. She needed to expel the poison, using her powers of healing.

She fell to the floor, comatose.

5. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    IC: Samhain
    Ganged up on

"Alrighty, alrighty," Samhain held his hands up to placate them, watching as Isha fell to the floor. "Look, Anubis, I might have the cure, but she has a point."

He didn't really want to lose his Champion, but he was debating whether it was worth it for the chance to kill Anubis... but Andrissa might kill him, and well, Cayden was being a surprising voice of reason. But Isfet's assertion that a new God of Death would rise... that was troublesome. He didn't know if it was true, either.

He hoped not.

"Look, Enya," he said, drily as he stepped forward and placed his hand between the dagger and Anubis' throat slowly. "You can get all lyrical with me but we're playing with the lives of billions. It's one thing to have a bit of a nudge here or there, but this..." He waved at the damaged board. "Is immoral. It's not chaos, or harmony, or life, or death - its heresy." His eyes took in the Destroyer, and his side-bitch. "If we destroy Selenia, we should go down with it."

He glared at them.

"I don't mind if Cayden wants us to talk some more," he gestured lazily at Isha. "It won't be long, after all."

TAG: @Adalia-Durron, @darthbernael @galactic-vagabond422 @greyjedi125 @Ktala @Kurisan @Shadowsun @TheAdmiral @Corellian_Outrider

6. Shadowsun

Shadowsun Force Ghost star 4

Jun 26, 2017
    OOC: Mega-combo with @greyjedi125 @Kurisan @galactic-vagabond422 and @darthbernael

IC: Xenos Jehuty, Sarathai, Malagath and Nyruel Guldor

The Four Champions

There was much that caused his dark brow to frown, and kept him in his thoughts.

Xenos did not wish to seem as an ungrateful guest, but he needed some time to gather his thoughts; thus he moved not too far from Captain Malagath and his human crew.

How strange. The ambient charge of magic persisted. He could scent it in the air, even at this distance. There were so many questions that needed answers. Did Captain Rian not producet a King’s Decree to present him before the King of Uthum and his trusted Advisor? So why were they headed away from the human kingdom and towards Tu?

Xenos consider this for a moment. Could it be that the King was no longer in Oriaburg? That part was not made clear. He’d simply assumed the King would be at the Capital, and now he was left with speculations.

Moreover, if the King’s Decree was known only to certain individuals, how then did a Drow Priest learn of it? Xenos’ frown deepened. Drow were the only kind of ‘elves’ he did not trust- and with good reason. Their penchant for visiting suffering and torture on other races was well documented.

And champions? Why would the gods need champions?

Once again, he was reminded of the stories he’d learned in his youth; the implications were all there.

Feeling a bit at a loss, Xenos was preparing to ask for guidance on these things, when an impossible flash drew his undivided attention.

[​IMG]

To say he was left speechless by a sight of unimaginable proportions, would be a great understatement.

Sarathai closed her eyes, enduring the close contact as they floated through the woods on the sorcerer's crimson disc. She could smell the sea, hear the great roaring beast. They would be there soon.

The disc suddenly disappeared from beneath their feet. She landed into a crouch and immediately shot a look at the Drow. He, too, had dismounted with agility. But Sarathai could tell he was as surprised as she. Something had happened. The binding curse had lifted.

She could not be sure, but something in her mage sight instincts made her feel it so. She drew her dagger and prepared for a magical assault. They were released from each other. What would happen next?

He did not attack. In fact, she realized, he had not harmed her at all during this ordeal, despite having many opportunities to do so easily.

She stepped toward him, quelling her urge to flee for just a few more moments. There was something to say, first.

"Nyruel, I believe you are the Chosen of Anubis, and a Champion of Selenia." she emphasized these last words, to remind him of its import. "Though I detest it, it is true we must find a way to unite."

She frowned, studying his face. His aura was so complex, conflicted. If his lineage had been different, he perhaps would have been a handsome Asrai.

She said, "You deceive me, but I cannot discern why. I am sorry, I cannot follow you on your current path. Until we meet again, I ask you this; look again at those you think are your allies. Watch them. Perhaps you could consider following me, on my path, instead?"

She raised a hand to halt the torrent of arrogant retorts.

"Do not answer now. Just consider it, please. We will meet again. Selenia depends on it."

Then she turned and disappeared into the forest mists...

So you're reading my mind now without my consent? Spoke Nyruel telepathically. I never said to you anything about communications, you prying into my mind I take as a grave insult my Naahgolshii friend, it seems that is all you do. I want to know how the Canim forces are doing and how long until the Drow Kingdom falls, it is vital I am there when it does so I can reform the nation to suit my own needs.

Nyruel gazed in disbelief as the curse was lifted from them both, he could sense who had lifted it from him, after all, he could never forget the aura of his Master.

"Thank you my Lord"

He whispered once more, he then turned to view Sarathai. She spoke and then darted off. Damn, he thought to himself, how so utterly ungrateful. So fickle, so unwise, separate paths what was she talking about? Had he not said that he was trying to help her, at least for now that was certainly true.

"Anubis frees us and this is how you repay his mercy! Let us at least actually talk Sarathai!"

He bellowed, the red disc speeding after her, after all the disc was capable of keeping up with the Canim it could certainly keep up with Sarathai.

He gestured with his hands, large red walls sprung up attempting to block her path, although doubtless, she would be able to dart by them, their purpose was not to hurt her but merely slow her down.

"You admitted that Selenia can only be saved if we work together, then why runoff? It is sheer madness!" His voice boomed through the woodland, his normally cooled and relaxed persona running hot with anger, he would not allow her to escape so easily. It would be so much simpler if he could just kill her, but no unfortunately that was not an option.

The two ships slowed as they reached the coast of Tu, depthsmen at the front, checking until the ships were just short of keel depth. Both dropped anchor, furled sails, and prepared to send shore parties to the beach. Rian and Seamus took two of the longboats with several of the crew, supplies, and parts to set up a secondary building.

The trip to shore was not a long one and after the boats were pulled onto the beach Seamus looked around and sniffed the air, "Sahr, seems like those two we're supposed to meet have not arrived yet."

Rian let his gaze travel over the beach and into the woods. He smiled slightly, "Seems there is a bit of drama out there, prepare for their arrival. I'll go let our companions know."

Seamus and the crew began to set up the building as Rian walked a dozen paces down the beach, facing out toward the Bow, hands-on hips, waiting for Malagath and Xenos to join them on the beach.

Sarathai heard his words boom after her. She could not return to him, not yet. She needed the space to consider the mysterious contradictions he presented. Also, she believed he needed the space to think about what she had said.

He threw up magical walls, but she darted between them. She sensed he was not really trying, and a small part of her heart thanked him for that mercy.

Eventually, she reached the coast. She paused before emerging from the treeline. The sea furious roared and crashed. Her heart began to pound. She had seen it only a few times before, and every time, she had been entranced.

She took a deep breath and stepped out. She looked out to the horizon. She almost fainted.

The vista was overwhelming... the mighty ocean, rising and exploding. Oh, but what a wondrous, trackless realm! Always in motion, ruled by violent and titanic gods. Its unknown depths lead to other worlds.

Sarathai staggered a step. It was astounding to her that men and dwarfs dared travel this incredible domain, indeed did so routinely. What magical spirits did they encounter? How could they navigate a world with no fixed points and ever changing currents?

She saw the ship, and the men coming ashore. The structure of the vessel was unlovely and angular, as was the way of humans, but it had a rugged beauty in its sails and bow, meant to plow its way through the waves; a marriage of practical engineering and natural curves.

She would have to spend time on this thing. Perhaps a long time. She closed her eyes and fought for courage. I must do this, for Isha, for Selenia.

With every step toward them, she had to overrule her basic instinctual fear.

When she stood ten paces before the sailors she hailed them.

"Greetings! I am Sarathai, of Tu. I wish for passage on your ship. Where next do you sail? Oh..."

She remembered the gems she had gathered and reached in her pack to produce several green glinting stones.

"I have emeralds as payment."

Seamus heard a noise, turning he saw an elf emerge at a dead run into the beach. Instructing the men to finish building he wandered over to her. Looking her over he could see, and smell, the effluvium of battle on her.

He stuck his pipe between his teeth and cocked his head at her before turning towards Rian, "Seems one of our missing 'friends' have arrived Cap'n."

He turned back toward her, "I'm the coxswain of that bigger tub." he hooked a thumb at the Contemptuous. "We take passengers but, unless the pirate," he pointed at the smaller Bow, "wants your emeralds, we'll take you without that payment."

He gestured at the already erected camp, "For now, catch your breath, and there may possibly be a change of clothes for you in one of those tents, someone thought of almost everything."

Mal returned to his post wandering the deck and drinking rum as he pleased. He threw a smile at Xenos every now and again seeing how the other man was acclimating to being on the ship. Though it seemed he was deep in thought. The pirate didn't think much didn't want to spend too much time in his own head. Not when there was so much going on outside of it. Though he did give the merc his space.

Corydon fresh from doing his rounds grabbed Mal by the wrist looking at him with an emerald-eyed stare.

"You know what that ship is right?"

"The Contemptuous right?" Mal laughed a little, "See mind isn't all gone."

"You can't be that dense. Surely you remember, the story old Jinkens told us."

"Come on Cory, we were just wee lads. He was just trying to scare us, make us do our chores."

"An old Galley, oars and all, the crew whose eyes glow in darkness."

"Just a coincidence."

"Mal…"

The captain turned to his first mate his back turned to the other ship that was following whispering into his friend's ear.

"I know, but the crew is already on edge and the other crew is on to our little game. I start showing fear, and the lads will be more twitchy around loaded cannons. So I play along and try not to spark this powder keg. Savvy. Besides, they've had every opportunity to harm us and haven't."

Corydon just shook his head.

Looking back over his shoulder he caught sight of Xenos staring into the distance.

"What you see?" He asked coming up.

Any reply was quickly drowned out by the sighting of land. Record time by Mal's reckoning. The ship became a hive of activity as the pair of ships made for land, and the longboats were readied.

"Feel like stretching your legs?" He asked of his newest crewmate as the captain stood upon the railing, with one foot already in the longboat.

The Bow's group landed soon after the Contemptuous'. Mal was the first off the longboat turning to Xenos with a broad smile.

"Let's see if we can't bring two elves aboard? Give old Cory some company." Said First mate wasn't in the boat, having stayed behind on the Bow to keep things afloat.

Spying one of their potential crewmates Mal smiled deeper doffing his straw hat with a flourish.

"I would be the pirate," He pressed his hat to his chest, with a bow his dark hair hung down dramatically flipping back as came back up. "Captain Malagath, at your service."

Xenos did wonder if anyone else witness the blinding brilliance and consequent mushroom-shaped cloud in the distance. The young mercenary was aware that his sight was sharper than most, but even a blind beggar could have seen that flash, yet it seemed to have gone largely unnoticed.

Which was very odd to him.

“What does it portend?” he wondered aloud.

As he did so, he heard Corydon moving up to his position, and asked “What you see?”

The great light had all but vanished and the mushroom cloud now appeared like any other plume in the sky. Before he could comment or form an answer however, a loud declaration was made from somewhere above them.

“Land, Ho!”

The ship became a hive of activity as the pair of ships made for land, and the longboats were readied. Xenos helped where he could as he was no passenger, but merely the newest crew member of the Freedom’s Bow.

"Feel like stretching your legs?" Malagath asked, already in motion.

“Aye, sir. Don’t mind if I do.” Xenos answered, feeling the excitement of a new adventure sparking inside him. The young merc yet to be officiated as a pirate, moved with feline agility as he boarded the longboat, a smile growing on his face.

In mere moment, the boats were upon the shore and the captain was the first man off. "Let's see if we can't bring two elves aboard? Give old Cory some company."

“Fine, but what about me?” Xenos said, coming up next to Malagath, not quite realizing if the captain was joking or not.

Just ahead of them, Captain Rian was already speaking with one of the passengers they were supposed to be picking up.

A beautiful fay!!

“Oh!” Xenos exclaimed despite himself, immediately captivated by what he saw. Her graceful manner and almost musical voice, he could practically hear magic in the nuances of her speech.

He missed everything Malagath said in his introduction and simply stared, completely forgetting to introduce himself in the process.

Rian looked over, Seamus and Malagath had the situation well in hand, speaking to the wood elf. It mattered little as to which ship she ended up on, although he wouldn't mind getting a chance to spend time speaking to her or even the drow. Instead, he wandered over to Xenos. "You have sharp eyes, Xenos. Although, given what just happened, it would be hard to miss."

He touched his amulet, closing his eyes for a moment. When he opened them, there was a glint, an undertone of disapproval, almost anger. "That was E'Mathalas, the crystal city of the elves. And is now a puddle of molten glass, it seems. But, some survived. And one of them is as mad as I am." he said, the calm tone at odds with his words. He noticed the look on Xenos face, "Be careful, son, she may or may not be interested in humans but if not she could turn you into something cute and cuddly."

At the huddle of Malagath, Sarathai, and Seamus the latter felt his Captains anger and although he didn't show it he felt it too. But currently he was allowing humor to color his expression, more particularly a deep laugh, the pipe almost falling from his lips. "Malagath, that is quite the introduction. If I had half your charisma I'd bottle it and make a fortune."

Turning back to Sarathai, "Honestly either of our ships would be good choices, you would be as safe as in the sacred grove on either. Taking care of the champions, at least, is our duty; well Captain Contmial's and mine, Malagath I wouldn't presume to speak for."

Nyruel continued to hover on his disc, his otherworldly energies swirling around him, making no attempt to hide it. He spotted Malagath and Xenos immediately recognizing them as champions from the images the naagolshii had bestowed upon him. He hovered his way over to the three of them and their little group, dropping down a few meters away from them all.

"I am Nyruel Guldor, Champion of Anubis and Selenia I see you two are also champions this is good, very good indeed, this wood elf here is likewise a champion such as myself,"

He gestured to Malagath and Xenos as he said 'you two' his gimlet eyes gleaming as he continued.

"I've been looking for my fellow champions I sense we have much to discuss,"

Sarathai flinched as she sensed Nyruel approach. She withdrew a few steps, eyes hooded, as he made his introductions.

He was very quick to throw the word 'champions' around.

She watched to see how the humans would react to the Drow.

Mal smiled as the new man entered the conversation, he couldn't help noticing the way Sarathai backed away. There was something off-putting about the Drow, not that Mal had much interaction with them. Most of what he knew came from Corydon and that was mostly half-remembered stories from his elven mother that passed when he was young.

Still, he was a champion, and something in Mal's mind liked the idea of having them on his crew. With this many powerful beings on his ship, no one would dare take away his freedom.

"Hello," Mal said greeting the man though not with the same sort of flourish that he did for Sarathai. "I'm Captain Malagath of the Freedom's Bow, the Elven ship." He gestured to the smaller more elegant vessel that had weighed anchor just a bit offshore. "Quite the entrance you made, I was told by a friend that you two would be together, likely bickering. So you found each other early on...any story behind that? Me and master of conversation other there..." Mal gestured to the stunned and silenced Xenos, "Are somewhat recent acquaintances, I saved his life, we ended up heading the same way. Something similar with you two?" He looked between the pair a smile on his face but his drunken gears turning. The first rule of being a captain is keeping squabbles between crew minimal. There were already signs of tension and he worried they would want to be as far away from each other as possible, like on completely separate ships.

He pulled out a flask and downed another mouthful of rum, loosening his mind and possibly his tongue for the conversation to come.

Xenos nodded at t seeing Rian wander over, saying ‘Cap’n’, in respectful greeting. He watched as Captain Sian touched his amulet once again and managed to keep himself from blurting out the question that came to mind.

The scent of magic grew sharp for a moment, then the Captain explained the light he had seen and the meaning behind it. The elf city of E’Mathalas had been reduced to molten glass, with only a few survivors left. Something terrible was happening upon Selenia and he had no insight on this mystery. In the back of his mind he imagined Captain Rian had some idea, but was not disclosing any knowledge at the time, for reasons unknown.

Xenos could not disguise the shock that came to his face, even if he tried. How could such a thing have occurred?? Was it possible for elves to anger any god to that degree? The event itself seemed so wrong, his mind could not fathom the reason for it.

“Why?” was all he could say.

But the captain wisely changed topics and redirected his attention toward the wood elf. Xenos chuckled audibly at the Captain comment concerning his unspoken interest. Thankfully, it wasn’t an outright deterrent.

“I’d just have to prove myself worthy, wouldn’t I…?” he quipped smartly in return.

“So, who is the votive amulet to?” he finally managed to ask.

At that moment, a different magical scent caught his attention, one quite dark, enough to cause him to turn instinctively.

Xenos beheld something he was not expecting and could not have anticipated.

A drow hovered upon magical crimson discs, addressing them as if it were the most natural thing in the world. The young mercenary’s demeanor became neutral, as he also noticed how the wood elf reacted.

Then, the drow introduced himself.

All Xenos heard was Guldor.

His eyes immediately narrowed to angry slits, reflexively, a hand went to one his blades, but he did not unsheathe it…yet. He only half listened as Malagath introduced himself and chatted up the new arrival. Xenos was trying to contain his rising anger and failing. His breathing was becoming heavier and his posture more aggressive.

Then his turn came to speak.

Guldor Zauviir! he snapped, like an accusation. “WHERE IS HE!!?” The young mercenary demanded, fully expecting Nyruel to conjure him magically or produce him right out of his satchel.

Nyruel gave a quiet nod, his chin held high as he took in the words spoken by Malagath. He gave a smirk as he recounted his own tale of how the two champions came in contact.

"You could say something like that, this one still doesn't trust me yet, not that I can blame her the conflicts between our peoples I believe have left a sour taste in her mouth,"

His hand opened and closed into a fist, contemplating how best to proceed but before he could the other champion whose name he still did not know yelled at him. A genuine look of confusion spread over the drow's face, although he was not frightened by the outburst. What was this human talking about? He gathered himself his eyes narrowing in confusion tinged with slight annoyance.

"Where is who?"

Xenos regarded the drow for a long moment, his demeanor remained unchanged until he removed his hand from his weapon, then slowly straightened his posture. With his speed, he'd removed the head of many enemy mages before they even got a chance to blink.

With his measured breaths, his level of aggression subsided, but his suspicion did not.

"Very well drow." He said with undisguised distaste. "Claim ignorance if you will...."

The young warrior continued taking centering breaths, getting his vehemence under control.

"Just don't interfere when I remove Guldor's head."

A final breath, before he recalled his manners and the mission, even as he looked from the wood elf to the drow.

"I'm Xenos Jehuty."

Sarathai observed silently.

She gave a meaningful look to the human warrior... Xenos, he was named... that could not be mistaken.

I desire you to follow me.

Then she wandered off to stare at the sea.

The drow continued to look baffled and annoyed, perhaps to the well-trained eye it would be evident that the drow was truly confused as to whatever this human champion was speaking about.

"Guldor's head?" He muttered to himself, feeling out the words to himself. It seemed this human had an issue with some other drow that also happened to share his last name? Guldor was a common name after all amongst the drow.

"I do not know of this quarrel you have with this other Guldor, but it is not an uncommon name among us drow, is it really so hard to believe that I am not whoever this other person is? Fear not I am no bound to protect all drow, we have no quarrel and I will not intervene with whatever action you take with this other Guldor you have my solemn word with that,"

Little did Nyruel know that with Anubis watching that he was now bound to that promise. He sighed, he had expected there to be obstacles to cross but to his bafflement, the only one that had even remotely allowed him to speak was this human 'Malagath', were these champions not suppose to save Selenia and would not the champions of Selenia represent all peoples of it, including the drow? Was that so hard to believe, this resistance, this prejudice, it caused a brief moment of reflection in Nyruel, of how it felt to be put down and disregarded as nothing. To be seemingly be robbed of agency.

He then quickly dismissed the thought, the only reason they treated him as such was that they knew of the supremacy of the drow and saw him as a threat as a result, such was the foolishness of the lesser races. Nyruel turned to view Malagath.

"So tell me human... apologises... I mean Captain Malagath who is your patron?"

Mal tried to stop Xenos from getting closer once he heard the angry tone in his voice. There was some part of Mal's slightly drunk mind that now recalled the name of the drow his friend was hunting for. Sarathai stepped away and there was a part of the pirate that wanted to follow but the look was cast Xenos's way not his. He was drunk, not stupid. Besides they had two new crew members to meet.

A broad smile split Mal's face, a laugh coming up from his chest.

"I am patronized by no god, I wouldn't stand for it. No god tells me what to do. And none ever will." His smile never dimmed, "So tell me, what's your agreement with your god? Do they tell you where to eat and sleep or do they just let you run riot?"

Xenos did listen to the drow and internalized his words. The dark elf's declaration that he would not interfere was agreeable enough, as far as his revenge was concerned. Now this business of being 'champions' was another matter altogether. What exactly were they championing?

For that he would have to listen closely, which he did.

The drow focused his attention on Malagath as the two began to speak at length.

"Agreement with your god?" Xenos echoed in his mind, almost scoffing. A mortal was not in equal standing with the gods to make bargains unless it was allowed. It was a curious notion. The young warrior honored the gods as best he could but made no assumptions otherwise.

Out of the corner of his eye, he noticed that the wood elf had retreated. He did wish to hear more of the ongoing conversation but decided that some fresh air would do him some good. After a moment, Xenos did resolve to step aside and moved towards the wood elf, if nothing else, to have a change of scenery.

Nyruel viewed Malagath with a certain curiosity. His answer served as a small clue that they were not even close to being on the same page, not in terms of ideology which Nyruel could already tell they were polar opposites, not that he would although that to bubble to the surface, but no in terms of the danger to Selenia, the nature of the gods and how they as champions were involved. Perhaps they had pieces of the puzzle he himself was not aware of. He viewed Xenos move away off to where Sarathai went, he was slightly concerned that she would poison his mind with nonsense and thus Nyruel's task would grow all the more difficult. No matter there was little he could do at this moment to prevent that from happening.

He gave a chuckle as he responded to Malagath's own inquiry.

"Just because a god does not tell you what to do does not mean you are not a champion of one, as for your question I have only heard Anubis's voice once and have no formal agreement with the God of Death, but my power is drawn from him and the underworld that much I know,"

He tilted his head in amusement.

"I was however blessed with a vision from the gods, speaking of the coming calamity and I was shown the faces of each of the champions destined to prevent it, in total there are eight of us, scattered across Selenia,"

He turned to the side, contemplating for a moment.

"Your ship will serve as a great boon in our quest allowing us to gather the remaining champions, if you so agree"

Xenos merely stood by the wood elf, respecting her silence, but his keen hearing could pick-up everything that was being said. In this way, he was learning more about the opinions those around him chose to voice. Particularly the drow.

A Vision of coming calamity?

Xenos would have turned around and scoffed aloud had he not seen that terrible light and learned of the terrible fate that befell the now 'glassed' city of elves.

"Eight champions?" He whispered to himself.

Preventing another calamity would be a mission he would sign-up for immediately- yet he had to consider the source of such news. Certainly Captain Rian knew more than he let on. Xenos planned to speak with the good captain before they left these shores.

Rian had let the champions begin their introductions and the chaos that seemed to come from the announcement of the drow's name. He stayed aloof during that short time but once Xenos moved away and joined Sarathai he drifted over to that duo. "Apologies, Xenos, that I did not have his name readily to hand to prepare you."

He turned to the wood elf, "Greetings, I am Rian Contmial, captain of the...Contemptuous." His eyes clouded as he gazed off to the northeast for a moment, his hand drifting up to the medallion again, as a bright light leaped from the area the huge, bright cloud had been, arcing in the air and seeming to head in their direction. "We may have one more guest, shortly."

Seamus stood quietly as Malagath and Nyruel spoke, snorting at the reaction of the pirate to being a chosen of a god. Of course, knowing what he knew, the god who'd chosen him was not one who'd be giving many orders at all, unless it was to have his beer refilled. When Rian twisted his gaze out to sea, Seamus's head came up, turning to his Captain. A moment passed and he nodded. Looking over to the crew working on the structure, "Doubletime it and make it look good." he ordered before turning back to the two men.

"Gods do have different ways of dealing with us, depending on their outlook. But don't sell yourself short Malagath, answers may be forthcoming...soon."

The warrior Xenos joined her on the shore. She closed her eyes for some moments, listening to the eternal song of the sea.

Then she spoke.

"Forgive me, Xenos, I do not know about the name Guldor. Can you tell me why it vexes you?"

"That sounds like a leash I don't want." Malagath replied, "I prefer my power to come from me or my crew, not some god that could take it way in a second." He took another sip keeping his attention on the drow before him. "A vision eh..." He smiled shaking his head. "Once had a vision, a woman with eyes like a storm and a curvy body. We shared a bed and she told me that one day I would take me away from this life..." Taking another hit from his flask. "Have yet to meet her..." There was a smile that played on his lips. "But, eight, we've got nearly half of you all on my boat. That's got to mean something." Another chuckle. "I am very amenable to having more crew on my ship. We had a run in with a tsunami and some harpies so, I'm down a few hands.

"I don't need answers, not from gods. I've gotten everything I need with my own power and that of those around me." He held up a hand. "Not that I'm disparaging those that believe, it's just. I don't like the thought of gods taking credit for the things I do. No god gave me my ship. We stole it ourselves..."

The drow gave a chuckle. Despite the differences between these two, and perhaps in any other circumstance he would have loathed having to share the same space with such a hapless creature, but in this case, Malagath had garnered Nyruel's respect. Perhaps it was the candid nature of the man, his straightforwardness, they were similar in that respect, well except for the fact Nyruel was withholding the fact he was actively working against them. Although the more he thought about it, the more similar the two were. Nyruel's past had been filled with clawing his way through drow society, rejected for not being female, having to learn the dark ways of Necromancy for himself, sure his powers came from a god but it had been Nyruel that had gone about to achieve it, it was by his will alone that he was here today.

"Well, we have little time my new found friend, there are many forces that conspire against us, myself and the wood elf were chased by naagolshii, beings that serve to bring about the end times, I am unsure how long it will take them to find us here,"

He paused casting a glance to the distant Xenos and Sarathai.

"...but what I do know is it is not a matter of if but of when"

Hearing the wood elf speak his name caused him to smile as he picked-up on the subtle musicality of her speech. Turning his head, he face her. Xenos could still hear Malagath’s conversation, thanks to his keen hearing, and was able to follow even as he answered.

“Sarathai….am I right?” He said trying out the name as he spoke it, reproducing the inflections he’d picked-up. “I heard your name as I approached, as it was still carried in the wind.” He explained, since he hadn’t been physically present when she gave it.

“It appears that the drows Nyruel Guldor and Guldor Zauviir, a Priest of the Spider goddess, only have only a name in common.” He began answering her question. "I may have overreacted."

Sarathai inclined her head and smiled at the man. “Yes, I am Sarathai Treesinger.” Then her face darkened. “There are too many coincidences with that Drow.”

Xenos explained their journey to Eoscera and Sarathai marvelled. What wonders - and terrors - he had faced already. She could not help but feel that the hand of the gods had guided him here.

“Tell me, if you are a Champion of Selenia, of which god or goddess are you chosen?”

She turned as something happened to Xenos. He was doubled over in pain.

“What is it?” she gasped, taking his arm. She flinched. A dark magic had suddenly filled the brave warrior.

The captain of the larger ship – Rian – came to them and gave some energy to Xenos to keep him on his feet. Sarathai frowned. There was magic all around them now, but it moved in confusing, contradictory patterns, each of different and strange origins.

“From what I know so far, Zauviir has targeted me to be killed, in order to prevent me from joining these so called ‘champions’. Unfortunately, he hired a band of sell swords that slaughtered the company of mercenaries I was a part of. We were greatly outnumbered and fought bravely to the last, until I alone was left. I fell into the see and would have surely drowned to death, as I was badly wounded, if not for Captain Malagath, to whom I owe my life.”

A wry smile crossed Xenos’ face as he was still following the Pirate Captain’s conversation. For a second, he did wonder as to the captain’s agnosticism, but did not allow that to distract him.

“Then came the giant wave, which in turn wiped out those who had killed my comrades, but inspiration hit me and I seized the opportunity to save one of the craven killers from drowning in his armor. We questioned him and he gave us Zauviir’s name. We haven’t extracted the drow priest's location as of yet.”

Xenos finished his tale, then looked gently at Sarathai. Indeed, elf magic had the most alluring scent; 'twas the most delectable of ethereal perfumes. It was even more enchanting than it had been described to him.

“The sea can be very soothing, when she is calm, despite being a whole entire world unto herself, even greater than the land, some would say.”

The youthful warrior smiled genially, eyes fixed, imbibing all that he beheld, a single placid moment. That's what he was experiencing, and he did not wish to rush it.

Then he winced in pain. Pain that intensified and caused him to groan aloud, then double over. Both arms grasped his mid section as he went down on one knee, eyes squinting. Red energy coalesced around him, energy that he recognized as the one the drow elf had about him.

It had the same scent.

Strangely, it didn’t feel like an attack, at least not one he could discern, yet he could not explain what exactly was happening to him. Was this the drow’s doing?

“What…is…..?” he barely managed to speak, as he tried not to collapse.

One of the sailors crossed the beach to Seamus, tugging on the Coxswain's arm and whispering in his ear. He nodded, and whispered back. Turning to Malagath and Nyruel, "One moment gentlemen, the building is done and I must get it ready." He nodded to them both then stumped over to the building. Going inside, the door shut and various colored lights began to shine through the chinks in the wood, disappearing as the wood spread, forming one seamless structure.

Rian turned, the medallion on his chest beginning to glow. His eyes turned a deep sea blue as he reached out a finger, touching it to the man's brow. "Calmly, Xenos, calmly. This," he said as a pulse of energy went up his arm into the man's head "should keep you on your feet."

Just as he finished the ground rumbled again, the sea shuddered and receded quickly. Rian turned to Sarathai, "Quick, get him to the building. Tell the pirate and that drow to do the same." he hissed. Turning, he faced the sea. His eyes still glowed and he darted across the beach, faster than it seemed it should be possible. Darting to the high tide line he traced something in the sand then did the same fifty paces closer then fifty more, then just before the structure and continued the same distance past the building.

Sarathai was not interested in the Drow, but gently guided Xenos to the place indicated.

He did not seem to be getting any better. It had the stink of Death magic again, perhaps even a supernatural poison. The work of Nyruel or the Spider Goddess? Xenos had said her minions were hunting him.

Nyruel approached and she stood between the Drow and Xenos, defensively. But the Dark Elf protested innocence this time. Sarathai sensed truth in his words – he seemed as confused as anyone. She watched him perform his own appraisal.

He seemed to dance across the rumbling ground but when Sarathai turned to observe him for a moment as she dragged Xenos, her eyes widened, his feet didn't touch the ground...

Rian returned to the building, waving for the others, the designs he'd drawn beginning to glow with color. "Move! In the building, I do not know how long I can hold it otherwise."

It was that moment that the glowing white ball that had been seen on the horizon near the mushroom cloud streaked overhead and descended to the sands. As the glow faded it revealed an elven woman, obviously of high caste and furious. "Husband mine, they have lost their minds." she stated flatly as she floated over the sands to Rian.

"Oh joy, we're being hunted." The pirate reacted with humor, laughing in the face of danger. "Should make things interesting." The Captain called the pair over to a building that was just put up, in quite a hurry. The sea receded again Mal rolled his eyes, another tsunami? The ground rumbled as well, and Mal could only feel annoyance. "Some help gods are huh." He grumbled to the drow next to him. As they were bundled into the cabin. The pirate just shook his head and let out a breath.

"What is it this time?" He said out loud as it seemed they were moving from crisis to crisis, and he was getting very very tired of it. Taking a peek outside he saw a woman in glowing white begin a discorse with the captain. "Wait they're married?"

Doing a double take he saw Xenos racked with pain.

"Gods lad you alright?"

Xenos heard Malagath, even though he was still doubled over. His face was twisted in pain as he could only grimace. He shook his head 'no' in response, calling on his stamina to navigate the continuing discomfort.

Nyruel staggered as the ground shook collecting himself, he heard the gist of what Malagath said, he nodded in affirmation. Indeed some gods could be quite troublesome.

He turned to view Xenos he seemed to be in great pain, an aura of dark magic around him, Nyruel would immediately recognize the signature it was akin to his own, expect far stronger, more pure darkness. He closed his eyes for a moment trying to sense if there were any dark entities nearby. There were known, save for himself. Could that mean? Was this Anubis's doing? Why?

The drow rushed over to the human, holding hand over him as he inspected the man closer. His brow furrowed in further confusion, it was as if he had been poisoned.

"I'm not sure how, but I think..." he closed his mouth, he had already announced that he was the champion of Anubis if he told them his working theory that Anubis had poisoned him some how it would likely not go over well.

"...this signature of this magic it is very similar to my own," he glanced to Sarathai, looking slightly annoyed. "Don't get any wrong ideas this wasn't me, this magic is far more powerful than anything I could ever conjure,"

He stepped back musing to himself trying to make heads or tails of the whole situation.

"More gods' work huh." Mal said a sneer on his face. There was nothing the pirate could do, he had no special powers, no ability to try and fix this. He took a few breaths and more than a few swigs of his flask. He hated not being able to do anything. The only thing that he could do is curse the gods for playing with mortals. "Anyone had any ideas for breaking this curse or whatever it is?"

The drow eyed Mal contemplating his question, his mind puzzling over the situation still.

"The magic is certainly something I'm familiar with, at least this family of magic, I can certainly try to break the curse," His eyes then caught Xenos's, the pain in them clear.

"That is if you'll allow me Xenos"

Xenos could not answer as he just balled himself and lay on the floor, holding himself and grunting from his current ordeal. He was now completely focused on enduring the pain that wracked him. There were no questions or answers for him, just weathering the maelstrom of pain. He was a warrior by trade after all.

Whatever the gods intended, he simply resolved himself to endure.

"Do you need something more?" Mal said with a forceful voice, one he only used when commanding around his crew in a time of great danger. "Can you assist as well, many hands and all that..." his unbroken arm gestured to Sarathai.

Without a response and the pain clearly taking over the man Nyruel dropped to his knee, his hand extended over the man's face, the red ethereal glow of Nyruel's magic extended down over the man's face. The drow's eyes closed, his brow furrowed, he began to sweat as he concentrated on the curse, he could feel it the intricacies of the curse, a connection extending upward to the heavens. Feeling around the ethereal string he sensed he could cut it but along it two life forces were stretched that of Xenos and the other that of Anubis. The two had become entwined, he sensed that if the connection was severed Xenos would not survive, of this he was not certain but the risk was too great what would the others think of him if Xenos just suddenly dropped dead.

"Wood elf! Do you have any pain-killing herbs that you carry with you, curing this curse is impossible but at least we can address the pain,"

Sarathai nodded. “I do. Please away.”

As the Drow moved back, she knelt beside the crumpled Xenos. She reached out hands, one to his cheek, another to his shoulder. With the touch came the chilling contact with the evil of the curse. She tried not to flinch this time. Nyruel was right, this was power beyond mortals to remove.

But she could help. Sarathai whispered her own words, calling up faint strands of magic from deep below the ground. The invisible ribbons wrapped about her arms and extended to Xenos. Her words became a chant, a kind of ethereal song, like a distant harp on the breeze.

Xenos would feel the pain dull, lessen, recede. The sharp daggers of pain would become but an ache. He was still not right – for something had taken a grip of his soul. But his senses would be restored.

Sarathai curled up into a ball where she knelt beside him, eyes closed, breathing rapidly. The fire of agony had been extracted, and now she contained the pain in her own guts. It was difficult to master, taking all her will not to scream. She fell into meditation, drawing slowly on Isha’s gift of life from the nutrients in the very soil beneath her clenched hands. Moment by moment the nourishing currents of life magic restored her balance.

Finally she opened her eyes. The pain had been defeated, but it left her very weak. So weak, she could not stand…

At first it was gradual, but the pain began to subside and he slowly unclenched his teeth, relaxed his body, then opened his eyes. From where he lay, he saw the wood elf, Sarathai, doing something to him as she sang. The sound of her voice itself seemed to have curative properties. He could smell her magic, perceive it with growing intensity, even as the ‘death magic’ itself receded, and seemed to flow into the wood elf.

Xenos managed to move then, and was surprised that he could die so. Ever so carefully, he sat up, feeling only a dull ache inside his flesh, yet he also saw Sarathai succumb to rigorous pain that had been formerly his. How was she doing this? Why?

For a moment, Xenos did feel a pang of guilt, that this was happening to the wood elf because of him. Why was she taking his pain as her own? It made no sense. She'd reached out to help him, he now felt incapable of rendering the aid in return.

Watching her suffer in his stead was conflicting, shaming even. It’s not like he couldn’t bare the pain.

“Sarathai…what can I do?”

Tentatively, he reached out with a hand and placed it on her shoulder.

In that moment, he saw it. The streams of magic from the earth itself, coursing through her, rebalancing her. It was….enchanting beyond belief. Magnificent beyond imagining. Especially when seeing it so vibrantly, for the first time.

So enthralled was he, that he dare not remove his hand, yet he felt a mixture of excitement at this discovery, as well as relief that she was gradually improving.

He remained with her like this, until finally she opened her eyes. Smiling in relief, Xenos nodded at Sarathai, and moved her gently so she could rest on him. It was the least he could do, given their current situation.

Rian bowed his head to the elf, "Lady wife, it is worse than you believe." he gestured through the open door, into the building where the mercenary and the wood elf were half sitting, half laying together, "Based on the feeling Xenos there is tied to Anubis." His gaze turned back to the sea, "But let us join them inside, there is little time."

The elf turned her gaze to the sea where her eyes widened, a wave but more than a wave, tentacles, huge eyes, and gnashing beaks were riding the crest of it, a pair of kraken. She nodded to Rian and they both entered the structure. As they passed the threshold, it closed and sealed with a bright light. The sides of the structure seemed to bury themselves in the sand and the floor firmed up. A light, a small globe, lifted into the air, hovering at the peak of the windowless space.

Rian and the elf moved to the far end of the space, turning to face the others. "Before we begin, this is Lady Arienn, leader of the Elven Council, former resident of E'Mathalas, my wife, and more." Just as he finished a flare of magic, a loud cracking sound, could be heard as the wave roaring closely overtopping the runes that Rian had set to protect that section of beach. The magic kept a majority of the water from pouring onto them but the sound of monstrous tentacles grating over the outer surface of the building reached their ears.

Rian frowned as Seamus nodded, the Coxswain's hands on the walls, his eyes glowing. "It'll hold, Sahr." he muttered.

A nod from the Captain and he turned back to the others. He saw their state, dishevelment, pain, weariness. Nodding, "My wife, please."

The elf nodded, her hand lifting, a white light glowing around her fingers. The light flowed out, touching each of the champions, renewing them, assisting Sarathai in her walling Xenos from the pain of the binding to Anubis, refreshing them.

Smiling, Rian gazed at the champions once more, "Before I truly get into detail, for those who do not know or missed it, I am Rian Contmial and this is Lady Arienn." He turned a wry smile upon Malagath, "I am both what you believe I am, Malagath, and much more. Some of you may have noticed that both Arienn and I wear medallions. What most notice are the faces of them, that mine has the symbol of Huitzilopochtli etched upon it and hers has that of his wife Morrigan. What most miss is the reverse side. You see what is occurring has bearing on this."

He reached into his shirt, pulling the medallion free, turning it. The back side of his was jet black. Arienn did the same and the back of hers was a glossy white.

"You see, we aren't exactly what we say, She is" Rian started,

"Light" Arienn responded before her husband could finish.

"and I am Dark. She is"

"Day"

"and I am Night. She is"

"Life"

"and I am Death."

"We will let you ask a few questions but make it quick, we only have this time while the gods above are distracted to tell you what needs to be told." he finished.

TAG: @greyjedi125 @Kurisan @galactic-vagabond422 @darthbernael

OOC: Approval from both @darthbernael and @greyjedi125

IC: Anubis

Righteous Fury

The game had been thrown out of balance, it required correction, but Anubis God of Death, the oversaw who was worthy of passing into the afterlife, had no such interest in this correction. Isha had dared to suggest he was trying to deliberately misinterpret her, she knew better, she knew that Anubis would never do such a thing his argument had been to maintain order, to allow a chance for any mortal to prove themselves worthy. But they were operating from completely different foundations, life and death were out of discord and while Anubis would normally go out his way to protect this balance, even if what 'balance' was a matter of debate, but no ISha's words had got under his skin, due mainly to the fact it was as if she was talking to someone else as if Anubis himself was some agent of evil trying to obfuscate the truth when it was quite the opposite.

He had been willing to work with the other gods to save Selenia, he even stated as such but was going to support whatever decision his champion made, not railroad them into a certain path. But the rest of the gods, Isha, Samhain, their poison words, their misunderstanding of his intent it was like knives in his heart, worse than the pain the poison caused. And Isfet was added to the list.

"Anubis lies! If ‘he’ dies here, the one he is currently joined to becomes the new ‘god of death’ in essence, as long as we don’t allow his ‘Will’ to dominate the new host. With the old god of death gone, we could become completely undying ourselves! I can guarantee it"

Anubis could not help himself but let out a deep, barking laugh. He opened his mouth to retort but before he could Isfet whispered something in his ear, something only Anubis would be able to hear.

"Challenge him for divine leadership and be done with all this."

Anubis frowned the anger boiling within, the audacity of such a suggestion. The only reason the game was going out of shape was because of Samhain's idiotic actions for no good reason, Huitzil had done nothing that would prompt Anubis to take such a hasty action.

"Of course, that would mean the end of mortals as well, but those that remain would be locked in never-ending conflict, one we could reshape as many times as we like. The power of ‘Fate’ would be greatly reduced, there would be no need for some silly cycle, nor white feathers, Selenia would become a literal playground! All we need to do is slay Anubis to begin a New Era…before we are lost to oblivion!"

Anubis narrowed his eyes, that was not how it worked not even close, he was the god of death not the source of death. Anubis angering was reaching a breaking point, his desire to cause utter destruction overtaking him, but then Samhain spoke giving the final nail in the coffin.

"Is immoral. It's not chaos, or harmony, or life, or death - its heresy. If we destroy Selenia, we should go down with it."

"You dare, dare to claim some false moral high ground trickster god? What utter nonsense we have seen countless worlds, do not speak to me as if you are the arbiter of ethics and morality when you sow utter chaos amongst the gods?"

He eyed Isfet who was behind him, Anubis became covered in a thin layer of red aura, that traveled up and through Isfet, coiling around her and her arm like a snake for most gods it would make it almost impossible to move.

"And you, your false claims and lies, all the gods know I never lie, and to think that with my death that some pathetic mortal would take my place as you somehow know how my magic works, what utter stupidity, and don't even get me started on your ridiculous suggestion to challenge Huitzilopochtli,"

He eyed the dagger that remained in front of him, as Isfet had taken Isha's.

"I'm sorry Isha, all I wanted you to see was the dignity of each mortal, how each should not be cast into a group based on whether they are drow or wood elf, no I do think Nyruel's actions are evil I hinted at that when I spoke he would be cast into nothingness, but I will support my champion with any decision they make good or ill,"

Anubis closed his eyes

"Forgive me Isha"

He flicked his fingers the knife that had been in front of him flew around behind Samhain, taking a plunge aimed directly as his heart. In the same moment, the red aura coiled around Isfet's arm compelled her to move, slicing through Samhain's fingers and several inches into Anubis's neck, the jackal god's blood gushing onto the board of Selenia below. The blood will spill closest to where Nyruel, Sarathai, Xenos, and Malagath were located.

Anubis looked down gazing at Nyruel, still unaware of his patron's coming demise.

"A parting gift to you my child,"

TAG: @greyjedi125 @Sinrebirth @Kurisan @darthbernael @galactic-vagabond422 @Ktala @TheAdmiral @Adalia-Durron @Corellian_Outrider

7. galactic-vagabond422

Jul 11, 2009
    Cayden Cailean
    Realm of the Gods

"Is that was you want Samhain?" Cayden asked downing another full cup of rum. "You just want to destroy this world and us with it? If so, I'm all for it. I think the mortals would be better off without us, if this is how we act. I can't believe I actually thought you all were useful when I was mortal." Taking another breath he set his cup harshly on the table. "I didn't want to be in this game either, but there's nothing I could do. But, look." He gestured to map, "Four Champions are in one place, that's half of them. And if fate wants to come down off her high horse over there, we can make this work. Sure one of them is a sneaky little pisant, but give Mal some time, with a few whispered words and some rum, we can turn him around. All we need is more time. Time you are not giving us with this stunt. With Mal, Xenos, Nyruel and Sarathai all on one ship, we can sail for...." His words were stopped in his throat by the scene as it continued to unfold, as the god of death took his own life, for as much as that was worth and daggers were tossed about. By his count, at least 3 gods were dead or dying,

A good start. A voice not too dissimilar to his champion's echoed in his head.

Taking a breath he downed another cup of rum. Throwing his hands up into the air as a sign of defeat.

"Then death has had its day." He said slumping back into his chair. "Maybe it is best if we just stop, stop meddling, stop with these games. The world is in danger and we are murdering each other over petty squabbles. I'm certain that if we just stop, the heroes will sort themselves out." His eyes gazed upon the being that started this. "Huitzilopochtli how about all of us including you and your lovely wife over there, call an end to this. No more meddling, no more interference. From you from anyone, enough people know about the destroyer, or I'll even allow for us to give one final message to our champions. After that, we let them on their way. If this is how we treat them are we really necessary? We do nothing but get in the way...I say, let them live or die, but not by our hands or whims. Let them live without us. I'm sure they will be fine."

TAG: @greyjedi125 @Sinrebirth @Kurisan @darthbernael @Shadowsun @Ktala @TheAdmiral @Adalia-Durron @Corellian_Outrider

Last edited: Mar 11, 2021
  8. Corellian_Outrider

Corellian_Outrider Former FanForce Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 9, 2002
    ~OOC~ This is a joint between myself, @Ktala and @darthbernael. Many thanks for that :)

~IC~ Nissa, Sagitar, The Abomination, and Sprites
    Winging their way North from E’Malathas

Primeclaw began to race northward, he’d found one thermal that still flowed in that direction, thanks to Mystra blowing on the map. Behind, the city began to fade into the distance. The teakettle shriek of the Abomination sounded from the city and just as the city became a dot in the distance the sky turned white then dark then white again, a huge, fiery cloud rising from the city. Outlines against the cloud was the creature.

It was turning, head seeking before the sickly green glow of it’s maw opened and another roar sounded. Suddenly the shape leaped forward, it had sensed them...

Nissa gripped tightly to the saddle as the Roc's strong wings carried them quickly away from the city. She was trying to understand what she was seeing. The shrieking sound the thing made her shiver. She protectively cloaked the sprites that were with her wings as they flew.

Suddenly, as she glanced behind her, she could see the sky near the city suddenly turn white, then dark, and white again, as a horrible firebreathing cloud rose above the city! What had happened?! She suddenly found her eyes watering, for the pit of her stomach dropped. She didnt want to think of what had just happened. Was it their fault?! Why was something after them? They had just barely begun, and something already seemed to be chasing them. 'Oh Blessed Mother!' Nissa thought to herself. When she dared to look back once more, she saw the flying nightmare seemed to have moved now...in their general direction.

Nissa frowned as her horror turned to anger. She looked up towards Sagitar. "So..got any ideas how to get away from that thing?" she asked him.

This was not the end.

Sagitar refused to believe that the Elves, whom had walked the earth for thousands of years, could be gone within a blink of an eye. It cannot be.

He had traversed Selenia several lifetimes over and yet to have seen such a thing occurring naturally in nature.

“It’s a foul caste, a spawn not of this world.” Sagitar grimly spoke. His ear pricked up as he heard Nissa’s query. “Our goal is to lead it away from the Elven city, then we can send the foul beast back from whence it came.”

He paused as he watched the abomination follow them. What could have been done against such a creature? It was a floating mass of tentacles with a singular giant eye...

“As how we can do so? I might have a few ideas as to how we can do that. How good are you with a bow?”

Nissa looked up, giving Sagitar a grim smile. "I am very good with this bow, Goddess willing," Nissa stated grimly. But the arrows are not magicked. But give me a target and I will hit it." She nodded. She had most likely a similar thought. But not knowing of the creature, and what abilities it had, she wondered. And whatever it had done to the elven city, she wondered if they could get enough to deliver any attack.

Nissa bit her lip in thought. "I..I might be able to distract it for a few seconds if that helps," she added, looking back at the creature, and then taking a scan around them before she looked back at Sagitar. "What do you have in mind? If an attack in two directions is more helpful, I can do that as well."

Nissa was feeling both angry and scared. But to stop whatever was happening to the lands, she would push past both to help save them.

A shriek pierced the sky and the shape grew even larger in their sight. The sickly green glow of it's eye focused on them and the tentacles around the eye writhed. As it closed, they'd see bodies, or parts of them, caught in the appendages and being stuffed into the beak under that massive eye. A wave of pulsating, nausea inducing energy pulsed out from it, in all directions. And then another. It was trying to ground the roc, keep them from flying further than they already had, keep them from reaching the dwarf they'd been asked to find.

As the glow of the cloud behind it faded, so did shape, until all they could see of it was a vague outline and the eye. That baleful gaze of it was focused on them with a deep fury in its look. Soon they heard a hum, almost a flapping, as it closed on them. It would not stop until they were defeated, or it was.

“I might be able to create a flash bright enough to blind it with my staff, allowing you an opening to aim for the eye. I’d wager that would make a fine target.” Sagitar then grimaced as the shriek was painful to his ears. “Attack in two directions?“ he gave a quizzical look. “With the speeds we are travelling, I don’t want to lose you.”

Sagitar looked head and saw distance clouds, if they could get into there, they might be able to loose the creature within... if they can get there. He glanced back over his shoulder and saw the abomination was closer and bearing down upon them.

“Dive, Primeclaw.” He advised the Roc. “Dive!”

TAG: @darthbernael, @Ktala

~IC~ Enya

Enya’s glowing gaze fixed upon Samhain. The solar winds torqued the particles of energy about her radiant form, tendrils of her hair whipped about.

She tilted her head a fraction as she heard Samhain’s words.

Sun, moon and stars. Life and the life beyond. Justice against the injustice. Courage, valour and merriment... spoiled by chaos, discord and trickery...
    Enya swept her gaze across to the others. Those words could signify at least each of the deities in the chamber.

“I agree that this is immoral and heresy.
    The abhorrent lack of humility, compassion and mercy.”​

Her brow furrowed as she witness a red aura envelope Anubis. Stretching over to newly formed Isfet. Several others commented yet she focused on Samhain.

“It may look dire but there is still hope.
    Selenia is not yet destroyed, our champions can cope.” ​
    She continued.
    “What is deserved-“ ​

Her voice faltered as Anubis sacrificed himself, possibly causing harming Isfet and Samhain. To soon to know what damage has been done but the blood spilt onto the map was a bad omen.

TAG: @Adalia-Durron @darthbernael @galactic-vagabond422 @greyjedi125 @Ktala @Kurisan @Shadowsun @Sinrebirth @TheAdmiral

9. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    IC: Mieli Hartsson/Zinnia - Fun combo with @TheAdmiral ;)
    Forest to the North East.

Mieli prepared himself for the coming attack by the drows. He was slowly stepping back so that he could have a better view, besides he needed to find a place where the elves won't strike him in the back. That was the problem when fighting alone. The lava flow would serve as a protection from behind. At least for now.

It was then when something unexpected happened. The lava seemed to be "helping" him by blowing chunks at the drows. That made him smirk, after all he was one of the children of the rock. "Yeah! Come at me boyos!" he shouted as he readied himself to fight the survivors.

She lifted her head, he wasn't coming this way so Zinnia had to change her tact. Standing she looked to check her armor and weapons, there was little with her transformation. She had a sword that looked as if it were made of her scales and a smile touched her dwarf lips. It would do. She looked up, chunks and rocks of lava began to rain, she needed to move as she made her way to find her quarry.

She found him, alone and standing to face his enemy. Clearing the distance between them she pulled the sword and jumped in beside him.. "You are not alone my kin, I will fight with you!"

There was just enough time before the drow launched their assault for Mieli to notice that the dwarf who joined him was dressed in similar garments to those who came from the area of the Kharbhatharb mine. And then the drow were among them, leaping, whips swinging, glinting black blades swinging. Only five came for them at first, the remainder circling, taunting them.

A whip swung at the female dwarf, the sharp barbs at the tip seeking the vein running along the inside of her upper right arm. A pair of swords came down in arcs from overhead as a drow descended from a leap at Mieli, seeking to cleave his arms from his shoulders. Lava bombs continued to rain down, making the field even more difficult to attack or defend in. Two such landed behind the five drow, simply sitting in the craters they'd dug as they landed, pulsing with an orange-yellow glow.

The remaining three circled behind them, blades lancing out, aimed at soft spots near the spine, giving the two dwarves a chance to either take the offensive or be impaled.

Mieli almost jumped when suddenly out of nowhere another dwarf appeared! A comely female at that! He grunted and nodded and shifted his focus back on the drows. The time for flirting would come later, if at all...

He blocked the attack, his knees buckling a bit, but withstanding the onslaught. With a cry he pushed the drow back and swung his mighty axe.

The whole battlefield had this eerie look, the darkness and the glow from the lava, it made it look otherworldly, as if coming out of a nightmare.

Zinnia in her Dwarven form felt the sharp barbs, in reality there were little concern to her if any. She reacted with a howl to demonstrate her pain to her newly found counterpart, she needed to play a part here. Swinging her golden scale blade in retaliation, she succeeded in severing the whip, rendering it useless. There were many and she knew the two of them were no competition, but she needed to play along for a while at least. When the time was right, she'd dispatch the extra threats silently.

The thick vests and tough dwarven skin withstood the barbs, only small cuts opening up on the female arm, the blades at their backs bowing as they tried to stab into them. The drow before Mieli was cleaved in two as he had no defense to the axe coming at him, he was too close and both blades were still coming down from above. He went limp and the blades dropped, creasing the vest Mieli wore.

The drow that had been wielding the whip snarled as Zinnia sliced through the end. She dropped the weapon, drawing a longer dagger, surging forward, "Damned interfering dwarf." she yelled through gritted teeth. The two behind circled to the sides, one going for her flank and the other for Mieli's flank. Their blades, almost in tandem, swung, looking to replicate to the dwarves what Mieli had done to the drow.

And past the tableau, one of the lava bombs began to pulse even more wildly. A few seconds passed and the hard shell split, chunks and geysers of molten rock began to spew forth.

Mieli grunted in approval when his companion took care of the whip. Those were good moves. But that did not solve their immediate problem. "Do you need help?" he looked at the female dwarf and swung again to keep the drows at a distance, before he could find any opening. It was best for them to do work in tandem, their chances would improve then.

"Help?" Zinnia gave a disgusted dwarf snort. "Do not insult me like that!" She held her golden scale sword up and blocked the incoming attack. "You worry about your own hide!" she yelled as she fell into a roll to avoid more blows. The lava rocks were pulsating, that had to be a concern then suddenly they cracked open and spewed forth their contents. She saw that some of the chunks were going to hit them both and with a wave of her arm she silently and magically deflected them, guiding them toward the waiting attackers. Out of the corner of her eye she was satisfied when ten or more of the attackers we hit hard with chunks of molten lava. Zinnia would make sure they won this battle so this dwarf would trust her.

TAG @darthbernael

10. darthbernael

darthbernael EU Community Mod, Fuego, Pyrofuego! star 5 Staff Member Manager

Apr 15, 2019
    Update 8 Part 1 of 2

The Beach, Inside the Building, Tu

The silence inside the building at the revelation that Rian and Arienn had just made was deafening. Rian turned toward his wife, smiling slightly. “I do believe we stunned them some, dear.” he whispered. She smiled back at him enigmatically then they both turned to face their audience of champions once more. There was energy, strands trying each to the gods that were their Patrons, that wove through the room. Some strands were intertwined but that was to be expected.

A surge of energy made them both gaze upward for a moment, “We’re running out of time to tell them…” Arienn muttered. A strong pulse and then a second surged through the web of godly energy. Outside the kraken screeched as a rain those inside couldn’t see began to fall. It was not normal rain, it was the death’s blood of a god. The rain made the tension in them that had grown begin to melt slightly. Whatever had happened, which they knew, would give them a little more time, the godly energy hiding them from view.

They reached out, energy of their own reinforcing the protection of the building, their eyes taking in a pair of the champions, matching almost sad smiles on their faces. These fragile beings they needed, they needed to have them understand, to know what was coming or needed to occur. But it was a thin line they walked and soon they would be able to step fully out of the shadows once more.

TAGS: @Kurisan, @Shadowsun, @greyjedi125, @galactic-vagabond422. Individual posts to start. If all four go up soon enough I’ll write a combo tag for the next part of the little discussion.

____________________________________________________________________________

Winging their way North from E’Malathas

Primeclaw dove, his voice slipping away in the wind, “Hang on!” was all that the two passengers could hear as his wings folded closely and the dive steepened. At the last moment his wings flared to try to land but he shrieked as an ugly green beam of energy lanced through the night, at the tip of one wing. The roc hit the ground hard, keeping the saddle upright as he skidded to a halt.

His head whipped around, stifling the shriek, before his saucer sized eye looked at Sagitar and Nissa, “Last stop for me, that whatever it was took out the tip of a pinfeather. Looks like you’ll have to walk the remaining distance. Your companions are only a mile or so away though.”

He looked back up, seeing the abomination circling. “It can’t see us at the moment, the canopy is hiding us pretty well and once you’re in the deeper woods you’ll be able to find spots to take shots at him. I wish you both luck but I too need to get back to my people. Something is coming, is happening, and I need to prepare them.”

Little glittering balls of light began to filter into the space Primeclaw had landed in, more sprites. Several made their way to the tip of his wing and began to inspect it while others circled the wizard and fairy. The sprites with Nissa chattered to them in their own tongue before Wolf turned to her, puffing out his chest slightly, “Fairy lady, told you we helps. Kin protec you and wizard until we reach others.”

The newly come sprites began detaching their belts and whatever bags they had or needed from Primeclaw and gathering them so that they could make the short trek to the village he’d been carrying them to. Primeclaw himself turned to them, “Good luck with your endeavor, Selenia needs us all.”

TAGS: @Corellian_Outrider, @Ktala, I will let you decide if you prefer individual posts this time or a combo. If individual and up soon enough I’ll write a tag for the next combo.

Deep Woods of Qedraerhiel

The battle raged, violence, blood, and smoking rocks filling the clearing. The last, deflected, explosion of lava had further reduced the odds against Mieli and the apparent dwarven female with him. There were still four around them and five times that circling them. The lights on the trees that the fairies had begun were starting to fade, darkening the clearing even more. Which allowed a sickly green light to be seen in the sky, the Abomination only a few miles away.

That creature's interest was not on them at the moment, thankfully, which meant they only had to rid themselves of the warrior band of dark elves that were trying to kill them, only. The village was in shambles now, smoke rising from many of the dwellings the fairies had called home, some due to the drow some due to the fall of molten lava as the lava bombs exploded.

Which brought focus back to the second of those, the latest explosion had rocked it but had not set it off. However, it had cracked it slightly and now the surface was beginning to pulse, as the first had before it went off. The drow were getting frustrated though, their blades, as razor sharp as they were, were having trouble slicing through the hides the dwarves wore. At least in Mieli’s case. Neither the drow nor the dwarf knew that the female was a shifted dragon and that the blades would have no effect on her.

Five more of the drow that had been circling began their runs toward the duo, from spots all around the compass of the clearing. Halfway to the battle they leaped, those razor sharp whips uncurling, slashing down as they reached the apogees of their jumps, aiming for eyes and soft tissue. “Die, you rock hardened little runts!” one screamed as she swung her whip

TAG: @Adalia-Durron, @TheAdmiral (combo)

11. darthbernael

Apr 15, 2019
    Update 8 Part 2 of 2

The Gods Realm

The hall lapsed into a sort of shocked silence. Revelations, anger, pain, fear, the edge of death and death itself had come to the Gods Realm. Anubis lay bleeding out on the floor, his death’s blood from his self-sacrifice still raining down around the group of champions on the beach of Tu. Isha collapsed on the floor, her body almost comatose as it tried to use it’s healing abilities to fight the poison, who knew how long she had. Samhain, even now, beginning to stagger as a dagger sprouted from his back, golden blood coming up in a cough, whether the dagger had hit the heart or not it had, at least, nicked a lung. His hand was bleeding profusely where the fingers were dangling by shreds of immortal flesh.

Isfet, for all her darkness and anger, a shocked look on her face at Anubis’s move, his deep crimson blood drenching her arms and the front of the elaborate tunic she wore, small streams of Samhain’s golden blood winding among and through the red of Anubis’s. Andrissa seemed unaffected by the poison but even Fate was not immune to the anger and upset that rang through the chamber at the betrayal of Samhain, she had taken on a new aspect and it boded ill for those who may cross her or her champion in the future.

Branka was deep in his cups and it seemed he’d yet to have noticed that his brethren were in the process of ending the gods, although he had much to focus on at the moment, his champion was in a fight for his life and as drunk as Branka was, his champion was of utmost import. Mystra seemed shocked into silence, her rainbow garments now hung limply in at least one spot where the spray of Anubis’s blood had fallen on them. And Cayden, at least one of the gods was the voice of reason.

Morrigan stood from Huitzilopochtli’s lap, the gems in her hands suddenly, the golden one was pulsing slightly, a thin wisp of gold seeming to connect it and Samhain, the darker gem was now a deep red. She eyed it, sighing, then flicked it in an arc, the gem disappearing into the map, right where Anubis’s champion was located.

Huitzilopochtli made his tankard disappear and both hands grasped the end of the arms of his seat, the god finally standing once more. His gaze swept across the room, “Everyone save Dionysus who is not in the game out, now!” he commanded. The other gods vanished or exited on their own two feet. All that were left were those he’d mentioned. His gaze pierced theirs.

In a thunderous voice, “I stated quite clearly that this was a game for the fate of Selenia, from the start. None of us, or our champions were going to come out of this unscarred, at the least. Hate me if you will but if you did not realize this going into it then why are you a God?”

He looked to Isha then to Morrigan, who nodded. The remaining gem disappeared into her robes once more and her hands moved in a spherical motion, a ball of...something appearing between them. She knelt over the recumbent form of the Goddess, the ball sinking into Isha. Isha shuddered, then her body began to straighten from the clenched pose she’d fallen into. Standing, Morrigan looked to Huitzil, “I’ve done what I could, there were some ‘hooks’ in his poison and I do not know if each was removed.”

He nodded to her, his darkened expression raking the Gods once more, “I said that I wanted all to have a chance to reach the end and that is my goal, how it happens is a different story. I was not and will not make it easy for your champions.” He paused, a feeling he had when Morrigan sent the gem to Nyruel running through his mind. “Something, I do not know what, has added itself to the game, something that could change the g…”

Before he could finish, a hummingbird flitted through the giant, open, windows, hovering before him and morphing into the form of a human warrior. Dropping to a knee, “Lord, the Einherjaren refuse to respond to your commands, they state they have found their true master but will not reveal who it is. The naagloshii are wavering, the Destructor has gone silent but is still approaching land, and the kraken are following orders though.” It morphed once more and then flitted back out of the hall.

Huitzil’s brow furrowed, his anger plain to see. “This,” his broad hand gestured toward the window that the messenger had left through, “is what I mean. My Lady Wife has an antidote of sorts and I believe we must find a way to make the game reach the end that both sides had attempted to before whoever it is that has entered the game changes it.”

His head turned, a dark smile on his face at the dagger in Samhain's back, "But, before the antidote is distributed, who will do us the favor of removing this piece from the board?" he asked, gesturing at Entropy.

TAGS: @Sinrebirth, @Adalia-Durron, @greyjedi125, @Shadowsun, @Kurisan, @Corellian_Outrider, @galactic-vagabond422, @Ktala, @TheAdmiral

Last edited: Mar 12, 2021
  12. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    IC Andrissa - Fate
    Realm of the Gods.

Andrissa watched, she seethed. Caydens personal attack on her had rubbed her the complete wrong way and knowing Samhain had tried to kill her had only heightened that. If nothing else, Andrissa was grace, she was elegance personified so when she slipped her hand down to her ornate boot and removed a very ornate dagger from its sheath, no one noticed. When she stood slowly with a serine smile on her red lips and began to move, not a single god noticed, all entranced by the current shocking happenings. She knew her destination, she knew her goal. So when she stopped before Samhain successfully stopping his stumbling few reacted.

"Fate would have you at a disadvantage Samhain." She spoke in an elegant tone, one soft and non threatening. "Sadly Fate will have the last word."

Lifting the dagger she smoothly turned it toward him and with her other hand gently placed around his neck, pulled him close. The razor sharp weapon slipped effortlessly into his chest, piercing his heart.

"And it was not in your favour." She whispered to his ear.

[​IMG]

TAG @darthbernael @Sinrebirth @Kurisan @Corellian_Outrider @galactic-vagabond422 @TheAdmiral @greyjedi125

13. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    IC: Samhain
    Godsrealm

He had a dagger hanging out of his back, and wobbled forward, lamenting that Anubis had died, but it had been necessary. The poison, it would be difficult to cure, and he was afraid he had handed Huitzil a piece in turn. "There is... no antidote," Samhain whispered, pained, looking at Isha on the floor and willing her to die with his last thoughts. "He is lying, and offers it to only - control you - you must resist -"

He palmed more of the poison powder he had put in their drinks, coating a glove hand with it, ready to rush Huitzil while he still could -

An arm wrapped around his neck, to his surprise, and he automatically grabbed it.

Of course, Andrissa stepped forward and killed him.

Artistically, indeed.

He shrugged free of her embrace, so very much one shared for intimacy, stumbling forward with her blade still in his chest. He laid a hand heavily on the table, pulling the knife from him with a cry, falling to one knee. "We are Gods, yes," Samhain said, his tone weakening. "But might, it does not make right. There can be no chaos, no life, without freedom, and by playing this game... we rob the world of its..."

Fate.

He pulled himself up, leaning over the board with a shudder.

"I do not accept it!"

Haphazardly, he threw the knife at Enya's neck, and fell around the board to reach for Isfet, trying to vise her neck. "You are Ma'at... you should want our child to be free of him!" He could barely point at Huitzil. "We have to stop... this." He squeezed with all his might, but he was too weak.

He wished he had a way to kill Cayden... and that witch-woman... and -

Samhain toppled, falling atop Anubis's bloody form, and stilled.

TAG: @darthbernael @Adalia-Durron @Kurisan @Corellian_Outrider @galactic-vagabond422 @TheAdmiral @greyjedi125

With GM approval, and approval to break free of Andrissa's death-hug from Addie.

14. Shadowsun

Jun 26, 2017
    IC: Nyruel Guldor
    An unexpected development

The revelation that had been uttered to them Nyruel could not believe. These two beings, there were Life and Death? But how was this possible? His patron Anubis was the supreme master of death, who was this unworth upstart that made such a bold claim? He then turned to the view outside, the dark red rain thumping down. It's magical energy stinking that of death. Could it be?

"A parting gift to you my child,"

Nyruel's eyes grew wide in horror, true and utter horror. It was Anubis's blood. He was dying. Nyruel could feel his own power fading as Anubis slipped away into nothingness.

"Nooo, no no no no no," grimaced Nyruel bursting out of the room, gazing up at the sky, the thick blood raining down unto his face covering him in it.

"My Lord Anubis, you cannot die! Without you am I nothing! Just another pathetic Drow with nothing to live for!' Tears ran down his face, becoming mingled with the blood, he fell to his knees, sobbing as he felt his magical aura become drained away. A small voice then spoke in his mind, calm and serene.

"Whoever said I was going to die? Who decided that?"

Nyruel looked up for a moment in shock and then the blood that was flowing everywhere than began to defy gravity, all of it came racing to Nyruel, his body began to rise up with otherworldly energy, his power that had been fading suddenly swelled within him reaching unprecedented heights, the blood formed around him in a large sphere swirling round. In the next instant it slammed into him, pouring into every crevice of his body, he tried to yell out in pain but he could not, the blood rushing down into his mouth. After what seemed an entirety he dropped down to the ground, his body staggering around in confusion. His muscles ached, his mind racing.

Slowly he walked back to the room, looking up at Life and Death and then to Xenos. The poison effects from the man were gone, but the dark ethereal link that had once been between Xenos and Anubis now stretched and went straight for Nyruel himself. Nyruel turned to view Sarathai, the usual pan of deep hatred had subsided, all he know saw was the deep devastation his people had inflicted on her, finally, he turned to Malagath, the human pirate forging their own destiny, Nyruel could not help but smile at that, the ingenuity of the human race it was a sight to behold. The drow stood tall, regaining control of himself.

"What needs to be told Life and Death, I must say it is a pleasure to meet you,"

Nyruel would sound different, his voice deeper, more defined, one might even say graceful. The others would also note that the normal dark magic that stunk off Nyruel was now gone, only a pure, calm darkness that sat on him like a cloak waiting to be called upon.

TAG: @greyjedi125 @galactic-vagabond422 @Kurisan @darthbernael

Last edited: Mar 12, 2021
  15. TheAdmiral

TheAdmiral Chosen One star 4

Mar 28, 2004
    IC: Branka

Branka blinked at Mystra, it seems the alcohol was finally catching up with him. “Oh, thank you lass.” he grinned at her and took the ale. “You have good taste, for a non-dwarf.” Branka chuckled.

Pretending to focus on the mug he listened to what the others were saying. They were all a talkative bunch, a lot of posturing. It was as if someone wanted them that way. Scheming and boasting make one lose focus of the big picture.

Not that he could see it… yet, but while the others ignored him and thought him a drunk fool he was going to observe and make his moves carefully. You have to calculate several moves ahead of your opponents.

He looked over the table and recognized that Enya was doing something similar. A faint smile appeared on his lips, concealed by his bushy beard. Interesting. Should write her in the Book of Grudges.

Then Morrigan’s sudden appearance next to him distracted Branka for a moment. He nodded to her, the beer was an accident, but he decided to play it off as if he had intended to do that. He was grateful, Mieli needed the assistance, though such favours were usually double-edged swords, but that was a matter for another time.

He grimaced at the mention of the Destructor. His people were already suffering a lot, that sudden volcano outburst and the drow problem… The bloody elves will surely take advantage of the situation once they were done with the fairies.

Branka loved his people and would not allow them to be destroyed. Even if it meant that he would have to fight for it…

Ignoring the tree-hugger, Isha, and Anubis’ quarrel. These things were distractions and made you make mistakes. He noted that he could rile either one up and make them make a blunder. Good to know.

Branka almost spilled his drink… again… at the revelation of the poison! Well, well, well, that was different. Samhain is definitely going to the Book of Grudges, the negative part, the one to be killed, unlike Enya who will be written in the part to be observed and kept in mind.

Good thing he was drinking beer, unless… Nah, his stomach could process anything. At least he hoped so. Once he drank gasoline and nothing happened. Well, not exactly, some explosive burps...

They were focused on Samhain, good. Hopefully he was not poisoned, but if he were, he was going to play the game. Let them squabble. Samhain’s mistake was his gain.

Even Andrissa, whose champion was helping Mieli (without him even realizing it) seemed to be preoccupied with that. Ugh, women, he rolled his eyes. He needed to make her focus on the table, he had a feeling that this meeting would be important for their champions.

They had to focus on the drows, they were being surrounded. Chaos ensued as gods started killing each other. Fools…

Branka sighed and took a swig from his ale, he hoped to speak to Morrigan, he wanted to see whether he could alter the battleground a bit, to help his and Andrissa’s champions. Nothing too drastic, a ground quake here, a crack there, a bit of lava redirection…

Let the others act like spoiled children, the dwarves will come out on top of it all…

TAG: @darthbernael , Anyone else [face_tee_hee]

16. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    ~IC~ Enya

Who was Samhain to be the one to decide they all should die? What did he have against her? Enya thought. She was the quiet one, focusing on her champion to heal Selenia and rid it of its rot. Had she been too blind by her focus on Sagitar that she had missed this escalation... not everyone plays with honour. None of this bloodshed was making any sense.

Deep down she knew she had been played into this position, she should stop but all she could see at the moment is burning red.

Huitzilopotchi booming voice held her attention as he demanded the chamber to be cleared - save for the players and Dionysus. Her lips poured a fraction as she listened to Huitzilopotchi reiterating the conditions of the game. While Morrigan tended to Isha, a messenger interrupted. There was something going on... something that has Huitzilopotchi worried.... worried enough to asked for Samhain’s ‘removal’?

She tilted her head, was Samhain part of it? She did have him in her sights... all it would take is a flick of the wrist-

It was not her time to do so, as fate would dictate. Andrissa gracefully manoeuvred to the injured and manic Samhain to perform the Coup de Grâce.

He should have been dead... yet, he performed right up until the very end-

Enya flinched as Samhain flung the bloody dagger from his chest at her. She twisted in the air to spin out of its path. The timing was a fraction too slow.

The dagger glanced off her shoulder, embers erupted from the spot as the weapon flared up like a comet. It continued at a different trajectory. By the ends of the fingertips of her outstretched hand, she caught the melting weapon, and redirected it around by the influence of her energy as she followed through to the end of her spin.

Like a wayward comet, it went off on its own arc across the chamber.

The embers from her shoulder spread like ripples, cascading down and across her body until it fizzled out about her ankles.

She lightly descended to the floor. The heat of her energy cooling as her radiant glow diminished. Her long blond tresses settled forward over her shoulders and the ends rested against her waist. Her blue eyes and porcelain skin reverted back to normal, save for a red mark on her shoulder. The strap of her gown was severed where the dagger had clipped and in so the once glorious white attire was now the darkest grey, flaking to ashes.

Enya took a breath and looked as though she was coming out of a trance. She shook her head sadly as she saw the bloody state of the map with Samhain’s body amongst the fallen Anubis. Not far laid the comatose Isha.

She spoke wistfully under her breath.
    “To live for the hope of it all...”

TAG: @Adalia-Durron @darthbernael @galactic-vagabond422 @greyjedi125 @Ktala @Kurisan @Shadowsun @Sinrebirth @TheAdmiral

17. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002

Realm of the gods
    Rebalancing Act

Isfet’s eyes seemed to grow impossibly large with shock and surprise as events unfolded before her very eyes! Blood. Blood had been spilled. Not just any blood, but the blood of gods. All level of sanctity seemed to have fled.

They had been poisoned through premeditated trickery. Her attempt to see Huitzil deposed had failed, as the suggestion died unheeded on deaf ears. And now Anubis lay dying and bleeding, his life essence seeping out of him, pooling around him. Samhain was dealt a mortal wound by both Fate and Huitzil himself. Isha also lay on the floor, comatose as she succumbed to the deadly poison. Many of the other gods would not last the day, but the Dark Ones….

Isfet’d body shook violently, as she attempted to scream, but no sound came. Anubis’s blood had splashed upon the board, on Selenia. She knew what that meant. Everything was going so wrong. And the Destroyer had yet to be played.

In her mind, she played back Anubis’ last words and that of Samhain, he who had understood the fundamental nature of her duality.

"You are Ma'at... you should want our child to be free of him!" Samhain could barely point at Huitzil. "We have to stop... this."

But how?

Instantly, she knew the answer. Her love for Xenos transcended any form she wore. Her son was the one being she truly loved without reservation, the one being she would do anything for. Even if it meant reverting back to her. The present imbalance demanded it, before it was far too late.

Oh, she wished she could lash out in anger, wished she could commit great violence and revel in it, but that had not gotten them anywhere, did it? She understood the game, for this was not the first ‘go round’, nor would it be the last, that is, if they managed to keep themselves from self-annihilation.

Once again, her form shimmered a she turned to glare at Huitzilopotchi. At the last moment, her gaze shifted to the goddess of ‘Fate’, and a sly smile came over her face, just before she faded and was transformed back to Ma’at.

The goddess of balance let out a wail before bringing a hand to cover her mouth. She shook her head, as her eyes took in all that had transpired. Anubis, Samhain, Isha. The poison. Xenos. Selenia.

Were they writing their own Epitaph?

“No….” she whispered defiantly, though hot tears, at once transforming her sense of loss into purpose. There was nothing she could do for either Anubis or Samhain. However……

Rushing over to Isha, Ma’at placed a hand over the goddess’ heart. A golden glow shrouded them both as she transferred her own divine life force into the verdant goddess.

LIFE. The battle here was about life. For Life to continue, in all and any form, Isha had to live. To that end, Ma’at scarified her divine force so that Isha might be restored, that she would be rebalanced, and in turn, bring balance back to the cycle.

It was the right thing to do.

As her beautiful form aged right before everyone’s eyes, Ma’at slipped two powerful items into the folds of Isha’s garments. Her White Feather of Truth, and the Golden Sphinx token. As she slipped them, Ma’at impressed messages on the objects, attuned only to Isha.

Satisfied that she had granted most of her life-force to Isha, she rose slowly, now that she was nothing more than an uncomely crone, and hobbled to the nearly dead Samhain.

Ma’at could not lift Samhain, so she would have to drag him. Her aged and spotted arms tugged at his robes, once, twice. He did not budge. Then she attempted again, moving him only a meter and leaving a streak of his smeared blood on the marble floor. “I…” she began, before coughing.

“I…shall…remove him.” She declared with all the conviction she could muster.

Ma’at was resolute in this and did not ask for assistance.She only need take Samhain out of the room, then she could send her remaining strength to her son.

And so, meter by painfully meter, she dragged the dying body of the second person to bring her great joy in her existence.

Tag: @Shadowsun, @Sinrebirth, @Kurisan, @darthbernael, @Ktala, @galactic-vagabond422, @Adalia-Durron, @Corellian_Outrider, @TheAdmiral

IC: Xenos Jehuty
    Convergence at Tu

Quietly, he sat, holding up the wood elf, monitoring her breathing, just to make sure she was normalizing. Despite his good intention, the revelation that was taking place inside the cabin demanded his undivided attention.

Xenos didn’t even realize his jaw had become slack as he beheld the extraordinary beings that were now before them.

The beauteous Lady Elf arrayed in Light, was not only Captain Rian’s wife, she was also , Life, Light and Day.

Xenos could hardly take his eyes off her, that is, until Captain Rian spoke, naming himself her polar opposite. Death, Dark and Night.

They both wore equally opposing amulets.

Xenos was having a surreal moment inside himself, as he was unsure if he should bow down, or if they had reached the end of their journey and these two were here to judge them.

He did understand that the two Primals wished to address them, but what about, he could not fathom. His best guess assumed they were likely to herald the inception of the ‘Age of Chaos’, given all that had already transpired in the world.

But before anything else could be said, Xenos felt a slicing sensation at his throat.

His hand quickly went up to feel his neck, but there was no blood. Then his eyes grew wide as many sensations suddenly assailed him. Images he did not, could not properly understand or interpret flashed in his mind.

"What's happening?"

Xenos rose to his feet and looked at his hands, then himself. The scents of magic were swirling about him, intermixing, then rebalancing. He could see specific strands of energy that connected him to the drow elf Nyruel, how they flowed towards the drow, yet simultaneously receding in himself.

From the look they shared, Xenos could tell the drow was just as surprised. This was clearly not his doing, as he too seemed to be be undergoing some kind of transformation.

Then something else occurred, something that caused him to gasp aloud.

A magical scent that had always been with him, that had always sustained him, guided him through the years, was also receding. The one he associated with his mother's deity.

“No…! Don’t leave…!” he chocked out. But his plea couldn’t change what was already happening.

Another scent did increase in potency, one that had always been there as well, but always at the lowest end of his perception. The one associated with his father’s deity.

Xenos was trying his best to understand what he was experiencing, but he did not possess enough context for it to make sense. He could only allow himself to trust what his feelings communicated, that his body shed a tear, even without him knowing.

So he turned to the one person in the room who seemed to know things which were otherwise obscured to mortals.

“Captain….?”

He said, as he looked to Rian and his wife.

Tag: @darthbernael, @Kurisan, @Shadowsun, @galactic-vagabond422

Last edited: Mar 13, 2021
  18. Kurisan

Kurisan Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2016
    Isha
    The Realm of the Gods… Fallen to the realm of the Mortals

[​IMG]

Isha lay coiled in her torment. The poison seeped through her. The Goddess of Life was verdant and wondrous in her powers, but like any ecosystem on Selenia, she was also fragile and susceptible to impurity. Her slight body was just not strong enough, she had not the fortitude of the others. She could not offer brave last words, or fighting resistance.

Like the drow that festered in the deep depths of the world and came up to murder at will, the poison ran rampart through her body, a cancer draining her of life quicker than she could heal herself.

She felt the touch of Morrigan… a passing pause in the slow, agonising descent into oblivion. But it was no antidote to the spreading darkness.

Then Ma’at came to her. Even in her comatose state, Isha knew the one that had given her extra strength. This was not an antidote either, but it was enough. It was a gift of time. Precious little time. Isha knew what she had to do.

A single tear leaked from her eye clenched shut. She reached up a hand and the tear crystallised into an emerald at her fingertip. This she flung to the map of Selenia. She had not the strength to rise and place it, nor could she even see where it had gone. All she knew was that she had cast out from herself what needed to be cast… somewhere into the Realm of the Mortals, beyond the touch of Samhain’s poison.

“Sarathai! Hear me!”

The goddess called desperately across the gulf between the Realm of the Gods to the land of Selenia.

Curled up in the arms of a human warrior named Xenos, the little wood elf was in a strikingly mirrored position as her patron, herself also deep in meditation, attempting to stave off painful death.

“I hear you, Mother Isha!”

The bridge thus connected for but a short time, Isha conjured a vision into the wood elf’s tortured mind; a tranquil, sunlit glade. Across the soft grass, the goddess strode barefoot and came before the elf. Sarathai fell to her knees before Isha.

“We have little time, Sarathai,” said Isha. “There is treachery in the Realm of the Gods. I am undone…”

Sarathai looked up, uncomprehending. “But without you, Mother…”

“Without me, Selenia is a cursed land. There is no new life. No new babes in the womb, no new foals to roam the woods, no new shoots to one day rise and become mighty trees. Life will wither and die…”

“Then we have already lost!” Sarathai cried out.

Isha reached down and touched her brow. “Not yet, my child. I have been granted a last gift. I will be reborn, like all life. Listen to me, Sarathai. My spirit is distilled into a Jadestone, within which is frozen a new shoot. This has fallen to Selenia, somewhere. Find the Tear of Isha, find me, and you will know what to do; let the power of Life be reborn!”

“But where, Mother?”

“I do not know…” said Isha, her form finally fading. Ma’at’s gift of time was ending.

“This burden is too great for me, I cannot carry it alone,” cried Sarathai.

“The other champions will help you. You must unite them,” answered the slowly fading voice of the goddess.

“Nyruel… he is too strong for me… he is not true to the cause…”

Isha frowned. “Your instincts serve you well, my child. He is… misguided, but he is beginning to care. Do not give up, Sarathai. You must make him see things your way, somehow.”

Sarathai nodded solemnly. “I vow to do my best.”

Isha’s form faded, translucent and hazy in the sunlight. Her smile bathed Sarathai in love.

“I will be waiting. We will meet again, my child!”

In the Realm of the Gods, Isha’s body slowly vanished, like a morning mist in summer.

@darthbernael @Shadowsun @greyjedi125 @TheAdmiral @galactic-vagabond422 @Ktala @Adalia-Durron @Corellian_Outrider @Sinrebirth

19. Shadowsun

Jun 26, 2017
    IC: Nyruel-Anubis
    The Death of Isha

The imbued Nyruel turned to face Sarathai, with his new divine energies he could feel the presence of Isha speak to Sarathai. The tears fresh on Sarathai's face, if Isha was conversing with her champion and she appeared so that must mean only one thing, the poison had killed her and she was no more. Nyruel spared no tears although sadness panged his heart, after all the goddess of life was never truly gone, she would be reborn anew, no doubt Sarathai was given instructions on how to bring this about.

The drow tilted his head contemplating he wasn't quite sure who he was anymore, the depth of his feelings had shifted greatly he had been filled with so much hatred, so much scorn but that had all subsided. His pride remained, however, perhaps amplified to an extent. He looked down at his hands the divine darkness spread within them. He thought back to moments prior when the blood had swirled around him.

The inside of Nyruel's soul was a dark place indeed. The lone figure of Nyruel standing in a blank, black void, turning around in wild anticipation.

"My Lord?"

He called out, reaching out to wherever Anubis was. In the next instant, Anubis stood before him in all his splendor looking down on the drow.

[​IMG]
    "My child you have served me well and worshipped me with great fervor but my time has come,"

Nyruel looked up in a panic, the fear in his voice clear.

"What but you're Lord Anubis! God of death! You cannot die!"

Anubis smiled faintly looking down at Nyruel.

"If only that were true, I can indeed die. I was poisoned by a trickster god of little renown, over pettiness that I shall never understand,"

He waved his hand dismissively, realizing he was getting sidetracked.

"Selenia must be saved in time I hoped you would realize that, the other gods thought I wanted it destroyed," he looked off to the side.

"And I suppose part of me does," His gaze now fell back onto the raptured Nyruel.

"There is only one way for me to survive my child and that is within you,"

Nyruel looked up confused, not understanding what Anubis meant.

"What? How would that even work? You take over my body?"

Anubis chuckled.

"No, we would become one. Our souls becoming entwined, we would be forged into a new entity"

He tilted his head.

"It would take time for us to regain full mastery over my divine power but that would come in time. Naturally, you would be stronger than you could ever dream to be otherwise,"

Nyruel looked down his face conflicted.

"I would cease to be no more,"

"In a manner of speaking yes, but also no, I understand the reservation. In truth both of us will die and be reborn as this new entity and when he dies our souls shall become unentwined and become two once again,"

The drow gazed upward to Anubis, the conflict in the champion's eyes clear, contemplating for several seconds more before bowing his head.

"Very well I accept"

The drow tilted his head to Sarathai, intaking her sorrow once more.

"I am sorry child for the death of Isha, it was not an outcome I, well half of me, desired," His head looked down his face filled with genuine sorrow.

"Rest assured Sarathai I shall do all I can to assist you in whatever she told you to accomplish, particularly if that involves bringing her back, we have much to discuss dear Sarathai but that will have to wait," the drow smiled and then tilted his head looking now toward 'Life'.

"Although there is one thing that should ease some of your suffering, Isha is not the source of life, just like how I was not the source of death, isn't that right?" he stated more than asked looking toward Arienn his question for her.

TAG: @darthbernael @Kurisan @greyjedi125 @galactic-vagabond422

Last edited: Mar 14, 2021
  20. galactic-vagabond422

Jul 11, 2009
    Cayden Cailean
    Realm of the gods

Cayden was quiet letting the whole scene play out life, death, love, loss, sacrifice. Things he was accustomed to from his time as a mercenary. All he could do was sit and watch as things happened around him. His anger rising and rising as the hopelessness took hold. Anubis bled out on the table his lifeforce transferring into the world below, hopefully it would help his champion possibly knock some sense into him. More rum passed his lips as Samhain was dragged away by a Ma'at, having given most of her life to save some part of Isha.

It was the only thing he could do, just watch he was the god of drink not of healing or justice. All he could do was let this all play out. As everything reset, removing distractions and everyone returned to their seats. Cayden could only feel anger. That all of this happened and he could do nothing to change it, feeling utterly useless.

"Are we quite done? Can we move on now? Can we talk about that fact that tentacle face over here can't control his toys, that now there truly is no stopping it. Glad you kept control of your krakens, that's great and wonderful. Good to know you're just as useless as the rest of us. Just really brightens my day." The former mercenary shook his head. "Care to tell us anything about this new player in the game? You know anything more oh great king." The sneer on Cayden's face could kill the mood in any room, though it likely didn't faze a god. "Did you know this was going to happen or is this just a fun little wrinkle that took even you, the lord of gods, by surprise. You knew there would be death, but can we even trust your thoughts about the difficulty now that not even you can control the things which you create. Why follow your rules when you have no more power than us?" He looked to Branka at the end of the table still wrapped up in his champion's issues. Which was fair but with everything going on he should really be worrying about the outside world.

"Branka, you going to join us over here or are you just going to wait until the mountains your dwarves hide under are broken open and the Destroyer eats them all like a fine oyster?" While he tried to be calm and cordial his annoyance "Or maybe this new player will take you off the board since you are isolated and easy to wipe you out. But sure keep to yourself…" Another long breath as he returned his attention to the map, and his champion.

TAG: @darthbernael @Shadowsun @greyjedi125 @TheAdmiral @Kurisan @Ktala @Adalia-Durron @Corellian_Outrider @Sinrebirth

Malagath the Black
    Tu

Finally someone was doing something, using their power for something good, to save Xenos from some god's capriciousness. Really helpful for the beings that controlled their lives. Holding broken arm close to himself he let the tableau play out a slight smirk on his lips as Xenos and Sarathai cuddled in each other's arms. It was always good to see moments of tenderness in a stressful time.

Though this peace was shattered when a report came in that two krakens were just off the coast. Their tentacles were crashing against the sides sending fear through him. Those tentacled beasts were death for ships and he'd worked too hard to get that ship; he wasn't ready to let it go just yet. This annoyance showed on his face, and his worry was hidden under it.

As the white light passed through him and the dull ache in his arm disappeared allowing him to close his fist and open it again. That's wonderful, more power being used for good, helping him. He largely stayed out of the various rains of blood or falling of jade items. Though he couldn't help the smile on his face as gods died. Was this the time they could break free from them? No it was better to just ignore them, let them be forgotten and lose all control over their lives. Take control with your own hands and eschew anything beyond it.

It was nice to see Nyruel be changed and less combative after his meeting with his god, more level headed. Something that would make getting him onboard much simpler. Though it seemed Xenos was taking it hard, with whatever was going on. Mal forced down his joy of gods being removed and gave a somber nod. There was a look of loss on his face and Mal was smart enough to know that a laugh was not the thing right now.

"Well, sense we have this time, why are the gods suddenly so interested in messing with us now. A pair of krackens don't just appear, and from what I know about you sir, you don't come around just for fun…"

TAG: @darthbernael @Shadowsun @greyjedi125 @Kurisan

21. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Nissa Taneefoot
    Riding a roc

Niaa gave out an excited yip, as suddenly Primeclaw dove down, moving fast. Very fast!. She held on tightly but nudged her bow with her elbow. Once the huge roc finished with his dive, Nissa would be ready and would draw her bow. She also curled her wings back within her cloak, to that the others with her would not get blow away by the powerful dive. Once Primeclaw leveled out, her bow was out in an instant, as she immediately nocked an arrow. Nissa began to slowly and softly chant a spell, but she held it, not yet activating it yet.

"Guide my aim, mother weaver." Nissa thought as she held the arrow. Once the roc got close enough she would wait for the wizard to unleash his spell, and she would let loose her arrows.

"Ready whenever you are, wizard!" Nissa yelled as she waited for the wizard's first strike.

TAG: Corellian_Outrider @darthbernael

22. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    IC Andrissa
    Rhealm of the Gods

Andrissa smiled as Samhain grabbed her bare shoulder, no one had expected her to move let alone do what she did, fate was unpredictable like that. She moved back toward the rich blue chair she’d been seated in when her head began to spin slightly. A frown creased her forehead as she brushed her long dark hair back over her shoulder a gleam of perspiration beaded on her upper lip. Using the same hand, she rubbed her hand over her lips feeling small lumps of something rolling over her flesh. Drawing her hand back she saw the white lumps. Her eyes shot to her shoulder where a layer of white powder had congealed into small lumps, and quick look at her hand confirmed it was there too, and on her mouth and nose.

Poison.

And she’d just ingested it.

Sitting back, she tried to control her heart rate but failed as the world around her became blurry and started to spin. She’d not seen her own fate; how could she not have seen what was to become of her. She eyes turned to her Champion. Her beautiful Golden Dragon, Zinnia. If Anubis could do it, why could she not as well. If she were to die, could she not grant Zinnia her powers, share her abilities with her Champion? She needed to move to the map and before it was too late.

Standing she attempted to walk, but began to stagger to the map, placing her hands flat at the side of it. “Samhain has beat Fate, he has undone me!’ She growled as she reached out her hand and put it over the location of Zinnia in her Dwarf form. “I gift my Champion my powers, I fear I will no longer need them….” She leaned forward, her hand trembling. “I grant Zinnia the Power of Fate!” Ground out as her vision began to fade, her head spinning and her strength fading from her last act. A glistening layer of perspiration covered her elegant body as she began to slide down to the floor, once on her buttocks her final strength faded and she fell sideways her arms outstretched and her long dark hair spilling across the floor in brilliant midnight black cascades.

Andrissa was dead.

TAG @darthbernael

23. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    IC: Samhain, with Ma'at and... well - a glorious combo with @greyjedi125 and @darthbernael
    Side atrium

He was supposed to be dead.

He wasn't, for some reason, but his hands gripped at what he sought on the body of Anubis as he faded, squeezing it as if it would change anything. Everything. Nothing.

Something.

He was in pain, such terrible, life-ending pain, but he was moving, too, drawn over the fading warmth of the mut-God, a proverbial and physical drag on existence. He dimly, at the very edge of his limited, narrowing, darkening, perception, came to realize that he wasn't in the main room anymore, with the board.

He tilted his head, pain wracking his every essence, and saw her.

His ex-wife.

"Ma'at..." he managed to say, working his jaw beneath his cloaked visage.

Everything hurt, everything ached. Her limbs, her body, her back, her heart. She grunted audibly as she finally got Samhain's body outside the map room where the other gods were deciding the fate of Selenia and the future of their pantheon. Ma'at did not spare them a glance, as she felt she had done all she could do, given the circumstances. She could only hope it was enough.

Thankfully, the garden leading to the map room was deserted. She doubted would have lasted had she had to drag the body any further.

The thing she could not figure out, was why Samhain had poisoned them all. It wasn't that she could divine his purpose. No, she never could, not literally. But over the years, she had begun to see a semblance of 'order' to his actions. Today, his actions did not make sense to her. But now, there was nothing to be said, what was done was done.

Gently, she released his body, uncurling her bony fingers from his robes. She had to squint her eyes to see the trail of blood they had left in their wake. Ma'at shook her head. A god's blood was extremely precious; she truly found the needless shedding reprehensible.

"Ma'at..."

A soft smile came over her wizened face, as she heard his voice, even weakened as it was. Slowly, she propped herself on the ground next to him.

"I'm here." She intoned softly, imagining his face without the hood, especially during their days together down upon Selenia.

"I'm right here...."

He touched her chin, with his gloved hands again. Wincing, he managed to reach his arm around, tug his hand free, revealing the pale skin, mottled with old, innumerable scars; the corruption of his heart evident upon him. For every time he lied, Samhain grew a new scar, and the small ones, they opened all manner of wound, but the big ones - the impossible ones, they left a massive, weeping, murderous wound in his back, carving almost to his spine.

Only Ma'at knew how much his lies hurt him.

How much he lamented the need of it.

That the Truth could not stand naked before the world anymore.

He was nothing more than scar tissue held together by his love of life.

Of her.

Of Xenos.

He'd surrendered his skin to his lies when he had been a healer, all those millennia ago. He had made a deal with her, begged her, in-fact, to let him tell a lie and it be believed, no matter how heinous. Just one lie.

It'll be alright.

The lie he told every single day as he held the hand of a dying patient.

He needed to be able to tell that lie.

Thus was his enmity with Anubis born so very long ago, back when he was mortal.

And so he had taken the Black-Coat, so nobody could see his lies made manifest.

His foe became not Death but destiny, personified by the monstrous system of Gods and Power and Hypocrisy and Heresy. In those quiet moments, he had sworn to destroy it all, but he loved Ma'at, and he could not destroy her, and so he became part of the system, speaking for disorder, for Entropy...

Until Xenos had been born.

After that? He remembered that it all needed to end; or his son would be nothing more than a piece on an insipid game board.

His bare hand touched her face, and his hood fell back, revealing a horrific scar running through one eye, and others on his chin. "I'm here too." Blood dribbled down from the corner of his lips.

"Are you coming -"

He shuddered; his breath catching, more red life bubbling out of his chest in a fitful spurt, and then petering out - he was going to bleed out, soon enough.

"- with me?"

Ma’at brought up a trembling hand to his and smiled, a sad and happy smile at having the privilege of seeing Samhain’s true face once again, perhaps for the last time. It was a beautiful handsome face, one that had enchanted her, long before the scars and more so because of them. Xenos had been blessed with his handsome face and some of his charms.

The memories began to flood her mind, on how he would surprise her at every turn, on how he could defy her fierce predictive intelligence, on how he could tell that she loved his unpredictability, but more so, his love of life in all shapes and forms.

Tears welled in her eyes before they streaked down her cheeks, then fell freely. Her thoughts flowed, reminding her of the necessity of his office, and the terrible burden that it was. Had he become her concordant opposite to complete her? She could not know. The only thing that matter was her vow to help him bear it, as much as she was able. She knew that one day, after telling a near infinite amount of lies, he would expire from his wounds. It was a terrible fate that no other god was destined to suffer, for it was, quite ironically, self-inflicted- or so it seemed. But even that particular, predictive end, Samhain managed to confound.

Of course she did!

Ma’at chuckled, sniffling as she watched him, as she took in the fragrance of his being.

They had been happy together, a happiness so complete, that from it, Xenos was born. The perfect balance of the two.

But even that life was short lived.

Ma’at’s place was not in the mortal world and neither was Samhain’s, and so, she divested a small fraction of herself and transformed a venerable parishioner into Xeno’s guardian, caretaker and surrogate mother. One who would teach him in her stead, love him in her stead, raise him in her stead. The boy would learn of the gods and their mysteries and would be granted occasional favor and protection. But despite his heritage, he was to become a ‘stranger to his father’ and the gods - or rather, her first husband; therefore his name.

She could not bring him into the realm of the gods without causing a right scandal. Her dalliances were a non-issue, but the right of succession, the making of heirs, that was always a matter of heavy consequence, not withstanding the depth of her love.

A love she did not regret.

Slowly, she leaned in and kissed his face, before casting a deep meaningful glance at him, her face almost becoming radiant as she smiled, her hair now disheveled.

“Of course I am coming with you Sam….” She said it in the way she would whenever they were alone.

“…I could not bear to be any place, without you.”

Her love radiated outward, suffusing him directly like a constant breeze.

It was a moment of completeness, just like the time that gave them Xenos. Ma’at closed her eyes, matching his breath, allowing his final gift, the poison, to complete its work. They’d both done their part, to fulfill their duties in the great weave. Now Twilight was upon them and Night would come to collect them. Indeed, rest, it was time for them to rest.

And so, Ma’at held onto Samhain, and gracefully, lay herself down to sleep.

The tender embrace was broken by a, somewhat, discreet cough. Several paces away stood one who could be considered an immortal, one of the Einherjaren. But there was a subtle difference, this one carried himself in a different way and he held an unsheathed sword, one side of the razor sharp blade was jet black, the other was a bright white. He saw the two gods open their eyes, "Not to interrupt this moment but I must."

He stepped forward, "Lady," he shifted the blade so one side then the other could be seen, "Life and Death, your, well I am compelled by them not to say, have returned. They seek a new order and I have been sent as you and he," the tip of the blade pointed to Samhain, "have a choice. I was instructed to offer it to you. Fade now and disappear from existence or allow me to end you both and your essences will be joined to the blade so that it may be given to your son, and in that way he may take his rightful place."

Standing his ground, "The choice is yours, I am merely the instrument. But I was told to tell you he will be under their protection. And through this you both may find a way to continue, something Life and Death did not explain, as it was not my place to know." He waited for their responses, calm, aware of the vast gulf of power and life between himself and they but adamant in his resolve to accomplish his mission.

Ma'at opened her eyes and smiled softly at the one who approached. She recognized the type of being that he was, but more importantly what was being represented through him. Ever so gently, she offered a week nod, even as she continued to slowly fade.

A sense of relief came over her at the choices given, which in her mind, was actually a single choice.

"We live in an ordered universe..." She started by stating an already established principle. "...even though it will not be me, in due time, there will be another keeper of The White Feather of Truth, of that I am certain."

Her eyes regarded the Sword held by the Einherjaren, with its Edge of Darkness and Edge of Light. Ma'at looked upon Samhain once again, kissed his cheek, then back to the would be 'reaper'.

"Xenos has always been my greatest joy and for too long was I denied the opportunity to know his heart." Once again, she looked to Samhain, squeezed his hand, then cast her gaze back at the Einherjaren.

"I willingly surrender my essence for the sake of my son, that he may be the sole beneficiary of my power. It is my wish that he be able to truly manifest himself and take his place in the Great Weave."

With that pronouncement, Ma'at simply closed her eyes once again and waited for the deed to be done.

She did not dare speak for Samhain. To her, it did not matter what he chose, what decision he made, for she would love him regardless, the way she always did. Samhain loved Xenos, that she knew beyond any doubt, and that love was already demonstrated by the scars he wore.

Ma'at accepted her fate, laying down beside him and allowing her breath to exhale out - and Samhain found himself looking at the blade.

He held out his hand for the sword, sitting up awkwardly and his cloak falling from his shoulders, exposing his chest and back; and the putrid smell of his lies.

Samhain was refusing to die, because he had to make the tragedy of all this impossible to overcome, impossible to circumvent. The cycle of life and death and renewal had to be ended for the Gods. Their sins were too great.

He raised the blade up, ready to plunge it in, and with the very last of his strength, stabbed it into Ma'at, using his weight to drive the weapon through her. He had no more energy to offer otherwise.

Tears were in his eyes, and he fell upon her, stilling for the last time.

His body grew transparent, leaving behind his coat...

The sword sucked a small part of Samhain into itself even as he faded. Ma’at began to fade as well, leaving the tip of the sword embedded in the floor, alone. The figure over the sword shrugged slightly. For a moment the Einherjar shimmered, a different form in his place.

[​IMG]

The figure smiled sadly, softly, a whisper of thought drifting from him to the surface of the world below, ’Ancestors mine, that did not go exactly as planned but I have them.’

A thought reached back along the thread and the man nodded, shimmered again back into the form of the Einherjar before pulling the sword from the floor and heading for the door to the central hall.

TAG: @darthbernael @Shadowsun @greyjedi125 @TheAdmiral @galactic-vagabond422 @Ktala @Adalia-Durron @Corellian_Outrider @Kurisan

Last edited: Mar 16, 2021
  24. darthbernael

Apr 15, 2019
    Update 8.5

Gods Realm

Huitzilopochtli stood amongst the bloodshed, he’d not even moved when Samhain had begun his aborted movement toward him. The various bloods that had splattered around him, some had landed on him but none would notice as the blood had, seemingly, been absorbed into him. As it had, his eyes brightened to a degree.

Morrigan stood as Andrissa moved, the golden yellow gem in her hand. The almost invisible stream of energy from the god to the gem increased. When the dagger went in a large wave of energy streamed from one to the other. She slipped it back into the folds of her robes as Samhain collapsed.

Huitzil faced the anger of Isfet with a calm smile on his face, he knew her views and accepted them but she, or rather her other side, had agreed to play the game and this was a part of it. He’d known that the violence or destruction wouldn’t have remained in the mortal realm and had accepted that from the start. When she shifted back to Ma’at and the shocked gasp escaped her, he sighed.

Unsurprisingly, she tried to assist Isha, that was Ma’at’s way. And when the crone aspect emerged, as she poured her essence into the other goddess also was less of a surprise to him. He noticed a furtive movement before she stood. If he didn’t know her desire to pull Samhain from the hall on her own he would have summoned servitors to assist her.

Dionysus slipped among the gods as the squabbling ones continued, handing Mystra a vial with a whisper, “This may save you, I do not know for sure.” He continued in his meandering path until he reached Branka. A chair appeared from the aether and he sat, facing the dwarf god. In another whisper, “Morrigan is dealing with the current situation, but the lady will join you shortly.” the cheery god smiled, then his gaze went distant, opening for a moment in almost shock.

“Hmmmm, seems there is also another option but you may need to pay close attention to things around Mieli soon, to find that out, I need to find out too.” he almost stammered, slipping from the seat moving toward Enya as a comet of light appeared in the space.

Huitzil smiled, watching the drama of Samhain’s collapse, knowing the Entropic god couldn’t help but do his all to achieve his goal. The smile faded to a simple upward twist of his lips when the dagger flew at Enya. She handled the situation well, no need for him to stop or deflect the dagger. Dionysus sipped up to the goddess as her dress began to turn to ash and he nodded once more to the god of wine and merriment as a length of toga-like material appeared in his hands and he draped it over the goddess, protecting her modesty.

Huitzil turned, facing Cayden, “You believe this is my doing? I planned for a house cleansing of Selenia, yes, that is my position in this game, but a sudden bloodbath...no. I supposed that one or two of you might not have made it to the finale but to suddenly lose…” he broke off, sensing a sudden twist in the feeling of the room.

Morrigan moved swiftly, suddenly, the energy building in her hands once more. But she was too slow. Her eyes widened as her old friend, the one who should have been the least possible to kill suddenly staggered. She went to support Fate but the other woman collapsed across the table. All she could do was to add her own energy to that of Andrissa’s as she poured it toward her champion. She made sure it went where it needed, as Andrissa slumped back. Her eyes blazed a verdant green as a cloak of earth suddenly swept around and over the fallen goddess before she turned back to face her husband, “How many more?”

“Samhain was foolish, Lady wife, and he’s severely upset the balance. Can you not feel it though, something else is manipulating the flow of everything and I know not who.” he admitted, as he paced.

A subtle energy seemed to sweep through the hall and both Huitzil and Morrigan turned toward Isha. There was a pulse of energy and the both stepped toward her but then her body began to waver and disappear into a mist. Huitzil shook his head, of them all she wasn’t one he’d wanted to remove in the shakeup of the pantheon. But he must adjust. He had to duck back quickly as the comet of the former dagger raced past him.

The door to the hall slammed open, an Einherjar with a sword that appeared jet black on one side, brilliant white on the other, came through the opening. Just as he appeared the comet hit him. He shrieked, throwing the sword in an overarm, rotating throw and before any of the gods could react the sword hit the map of Selenia and disappeared from sight. The flames of the comet began to burn the immortal or semi-immortal warrior to dust before their eyes and the last thing they heard was a fading shriek of “Lord, they retur….” before the flames roared, a greenish tint coming to them, and the warrior vanished into dust.

TAGS: @Sinrebirth, @Adalia-Durron, @greyjedi125, @Shadowsun, @Kurisan, @Corellian_Outrider, @galactic-vagabond422, @Ktala, @TheAdmiral

IC Life and Death
    On the beach, Tu, in the building

The two of them, having opened up about something that no mortal or God knew on Selenia, save these champions, reached to each other, hands clasping. As they quietly watched, tears streaming down both their faces, their essences fully suffused their forms for the first time since the admittance. He appeared almost a shadow and she a shimmering bright form.

“We could not be more proud of you all or more sad that you have come into this without us being able to give you the foreknowledge.” the shadow form stated. The shimmering one stepped forward, kneeling and touching the brows of both Xenos and Sarathai as they held each other before standing and doing the same to the joint form of Nyruel and Anubis. “Great grandson,” she murmured, “teach him well as he comes into his place.” she finished, just as quietly before resuming her place at the side of the shadow.

Rian, Death, smiled sadly at Xenos when he heard the pleading question, asking for, wanting to know. He gestured at three of the four, “Much is happening in the godly realm. Anubis has died, Isha has as well, and your parents,” he paused to let that sink into Xenos’s awareness, “yes, both your parents Xenos, have made a choice.” As he finished speaking, a sound like the twang of a bow came from outside, the hiss of water boiling, and the shriek of the kraken. The sound of it’s tentacles grating on the building disappeared. Rian gestured outside, “When the water recedes, you will find a gift from them, and we shall help you.”

His gaze, grief etched in its lines, turned toward Sarathai, "Isha too has left you a gift, one that must be found. The four of you will find it though, we have faith."

Arienn, Life, turned to Nyruel/Anubis, “Yes, you were never the source of Death, or your sister goddess the source of Life. Much has been lost since we deliberately hid ourselves away from our children, including that knowledge. But we have not returned to rule.”

She turned toward the pirate, toward Malagath, “Sweet little man, yes I can call you that. You struggle and fight, do your all on your own two feet, unaware that in that you mimic the deity that chose you as his champion. Which is why he alone of those that guided you four still lives.”

Death stepped forward, “Yes, Malagath, I do not just appear for any reason. We apologize that we did not reveal ourselves to you before now, but outside this protected building, our children would recognize us if we were not hidden, and would divine our plan, would stop at nothing, save Branka and Cayden possibly, from attempting to stop us.”

His essence reached out, touching the divine threads that connected them, letting them sense the connection between himself, Life, and those who had been their patron deities and now were part of them. “You see, it is time for a true rebirth of Selenia, but not at the mortal level.”

TAGS: @Kurisan, @Shadowsun, @greyjedi125, @galactic-vagabond422, @Sinrebirth (Combo)

25. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    ~IC~ Sagitar
    Location - Crashing their way North from E’mthalas, Qedraerhiel?

They were doing down. Sagitar whispered to his staff, the crystal set within the top started to glow. He looked over his shoulder as the maiden nocked her bow. He looked to the pursuer and saw particles of green light sparking up around a central point of the abomination. It was preparing to attack.

Sagitar kept his arm steady as he levelled his staff at the great of the creature.

“NOW!” He shouted.

A staff of light erupted from the top of the staff and hit the creature’s eye. Sagitar did not see whether or not Nissa’s aim was true as the creature fired in turn and its beam clipped the tip of Prineclaw’s wing.

The landing was more that a little rough. Primeclaw had been injured but they were now out of sight of the foul beast. The great Roc has managed to bring them within moderate distance from the other intended companions.

Dismounting from Primeclaw, Sagitar walked around to face the Roc.

“Thank you, once again, my friend. You have done more than enough for us.” Sagitar looked over to the sprites, working their craft on healing the wing. “We will do our best to lead the creature away from you.”

He looked over to Nissa as he went to the supplies on the saddle and started unbuckling the straps to everything. “We should carry what we can. Leave the rest. We aren’t far but who knows what difficulties the terrain...” his voice trailed off. “...Oh sweet heavens above...”

The sky was lit up with brilliant white gold ethereal light. Faint streaks of cloud reminded him of the outline of woman. It couldn’t be... could it?

Sagitar looked away, they didn’t have the luxury to contemplate the meaning of such a thing and he continued to work on loading up what he could carry.

The gods work in mysterious way and he hoped it wouldn’t be the doom of them all.

“Until we meet again, my friend.” He said to the Roc. “May fate smile upon us all.”

TAG: @darthbernael, @Ktala

~IC~ Enya

“Thank you.” Enya wearily whispered as Dionysus presented a length of material and draped it about her.

She turned her back to everyone in the chamber as she reapplied the material and fashioned it as a chiton. It was a bit shorter than expected.

“I suppose a chitoniskos would do.” She smiled as she outstretched a foot. The material went to her knees. Her toes brushed over something on the tiling. She used her toes to grip it. Shifting weight to the other foot, she bent her knee and swung her leg back and up to pluck the item to inspect. It was one of her hair pins. She used it to fasten the chiton at her shoulder.

Enya had gathered her long hair back behind her shoulders and turned back to face the chamber. She froze as she witness Andrissa stagger and fall over the map. Enya took a step towards her when Morrigan got there first.

She felt a pang of sadness. How did this come to be? The spirit of the moon has fallen.

As too did the Lady Isha fade from sight.

Anubis was carried out. Ma’at with her slain husband also left the chamber.

Only a handful of survivors from this illogical bloodbath of Samhain’s doing.

“Oh, Dionysus... what a mess things have become.”

TAG: @darthbernael @galactic-vagabond422 @greyjedi125 @Ktala @Kurisan @Shadowsun @Sinrebirth @TheAdmiral