main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars CLOSED The Final Trial of Saadi - a One on One RP

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Sinrebirth , Feb 24, 2020.

1. Dagobahsystem

Dagobahsystem Chosen One star 10

Sep 25, 2015
    IC: Darth Saadi
    Attacked in the Cave

The coral snake's odd look proved prescient as the changeling was instantly stung on the throat, it burning into his skin as he smelled it, but thankfully he didn't have to linger on that painful ailment for too long, as suddenly, without pause, his throat closed, and devoid of breath he was nearly knocked unconscious in a heap against the wall, unable to respirate properly of his own volition for several minutes after the violent, ruthless attack.

Saadi's mind spun in atonal circles.
    He had been beaten so many times before. That was his whole kriffing life.

His head now rocked back and forth as he vomited green bile, spitting it towards his attacker as best he could. He dry heaved now, his brain having been stung by the shock of the impact into the wall far more than the burn to his throat. Although the Force choking made it hard to swallow.

Yet, he was expected to speak. Typical.

Kneeling on all fours and finally rising to just his knees, Saadi coughed, trying to speak, his brain swimming in Mynock piss after Insipid's brutal beatdown.

Rising to his feet, his hatred for everyone and everything he'd ever known also rising in tandem, his eyes rolled back and then forward in his head and he glared at whatever this Darth Insipid was supposed to be.

"What do I have to say for myself?"
    He mumbled to himself, steadying his person.

Saadi's eye's started to shine yellow as his hatred in everything and everyone grew to fever pitch.

Screaming, although it was more of a guttural, growl like groan, Saadi glared back at Insipid shouting "KILL ME IF YOU WILL!"

"BUT YOU AREN'T REAL!"
    He spit on the ground.

Stepping forward, and summoning all of his strength he cried out to this Lord Insipid;
    "YOU'RE THE PHILOSOPHER!
    YOU KNOW SO MUCH ABOUT NOTHING AT ALL!!!"

Tag: @Sinrebirth

Last edited: Apr 25, 2020
    BookExogorth likes this.
  2. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    IC: The Master
    Listening to screams

Oh, sweet
    Saadi. It doesn't matter if it's not real. It's the unreal things that can kill us the most. The Master chuckled to himself. "Everything you were ever told is a beautiful lie, my friend."

"YOU'RE THE PHILOSOPHER! YOU KNOW SO MUCH ABOUT NOTHING AT ALL!!!"

Insipid glowered, his eyes glowing yellow. "Draw your blade, apprentice. Face me like a Sith."

He placed his free hand on his hilt, narrowing his eyes.

"Die on your feet, if you dare."

Stepping forward, Insipid took a stiff slash at Saadi's ankles, intending to withdraw and pivot for a cut across his throat.

TAG: @Dagobahsystem

Last edited: Apr 25, 2020
    BookExogorth and Dagobahsystem like this.
  3. Dagobahsystem

Sep 25, 2015
    IC: Saadi

Hearing his Master's words, the Clawdite recalled all of the lies and betrayals, as if an avalanche of Arctic snow suddenly cleared his mind of any pointless assumptions.

Beautiful indeed.

As was the truth.

Finally.

And now, it was happening.

Before he could even ponder this new realization further, Saadi intuitively leapt backwards, narrowly missing a vicious attack on his legs.

Activating his crimson blade, he stared ahead at Insipid.

"And so I shall." Pausing briefly.
    "My Master."

Stepping forward, Saadi quickly made a two handed slash at Insipid's torso, expecting a block, he hoped for a swift head shot follow up on the rebound.

OOC: Edited for many typos. My apologies.

Last edited: May 3, 2020
    BookExogorth likes this.
  4. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    IC: The Master of Masters
    Dagobah Cave, depths

The apprentice challenged the Master, and Saadi started with a two handed swipe at his torso. Insipid inverted his blade downwards, holding it two handed, to block the thrust, and his blade drew up to catch the rebound, before releasing a hand to allow him to swing his blade at Saadi's neck, his hand returning to the hilt to add power to the blow, stepping forward into his attack in typical Insipid arrogance.

Outside on his bent and gnarled tree limb, the Master absently toyed with the box, tempted to draw the item from within.

But no, he would present it to Saadi when he succeeded.

If, even, he amended.

[​IMG]

Dagobahsystem likes this.
  5. Dagobahsystem

Sep 25, 2015
    Swampy cave depths

Blocked as expected, Saadi had no choice but to lean backwards, nearly even with the plain horizontally, as Insipid's saber thrust at the changeling's neck.

About to fall on his back, Saadi braced himself with his left hand and pushing up, suddenly twisted his body into the air, spinning in triplicate while slashing his blade, held firmly in his right hand, at Insipid's neck.

Tag @Sinrebirth

BookExogorth likes this.
  6. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Gnarled root

The triple spin surprised Insipid, who blocked each attack while backing away, the last spin catching the his throat and leaning a burn welt. Enraged, Insipid stumbled back, before resuming his guard in the time it would take for Saadi to land. He howled, lashing out with a lightning swift slash for his thigh, and then pulled his blade back to guard with the intent of running the tip through Saadi's shoulder, and then, on the basis that he didn't care if either attack cut a chunk out of Saadi, he drew his arm back with the intention of stabbing forward with the point of his blade for Saadi's stomach, all one handed lashes.

All murderous intent.

The Master played with the lock, and was grateful he'd recovered the box from Kanata's castle before it was lost forever.

It had useful properties, after all.

Which was why he'd put the box in her path to start off with.

Dagobahsystem and BookExogorth like this.
  7. Dagobahsystem

Sep 25, 2015
    Gnarled root indeed

Hearing Insipid's fearsome howl struck Saadi terribly, as did the lightsaber blow which simultaneously severed a piece of his flesh on his left thigh. The pain was instantaneous as Saadi let forth a groan, somehow managing the strength to parry the Master's ? repeated, forceful attacks.

As Insipid lunged for the changeling's abdomen, Saadi, his mind attuned with the dark side of the Force, slashed his lightsaber fervently at the Dark Lord's wrist, who was tightly gripping his wicked blade, Saadi hoping to end this destructive conflict without any casualties.

BookExogorth likes this.
  8. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Ah

Insipid's strike was caught, his wrist severed, but the Sith Lord was not to be defeated. He continued his lunge, using the Force to wrestle the blade from Saadi's hands, though the angle was wrong, and Insipid in his rage at his apprentice twisted the blade free and up -

And impaled himself in the throat.

Insipid gasped, letting the lightsaber go and sagging back to the floor.

The Master stood, surprised, but the death resonated in the Force.

In his death throes, Insipid reached a hand out to Saadi.

9. Dagobahsystem

Sep 25, 2015
    shock

As his furious follow through stroke met its intended mark, the Clawdite watched in shock at the unexpected outcome.

Bereft of both his most important weapon and his true Master, Saadi screamed.

"No! I need you!"

Staring stunned and now silent, Saadi instinctively pulled his lethal lightsaber and fastened it to his belt.

Reaching out with his hand, the pain in his left leg burning intensely, Darth Saadi clasped Insipid's hand within his own.

At a volume no more than a whisper, the changeling spoke, as he held Insipid's hand tightly.

"I'm sorry, my true Master. I have failed you."

Saadi closed his eyes that now had tears welling up in their ducts; hoping that this was all simply a horrible nightmare.

BookExogorth likes this.
  10. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Passing through

The Master walked to the edge of the Cave, peering, hands and box tucked to the small of his back.

Insipid gasped out his words, holding Saadi's hand. "No, my apprentice, my former apprentice... you have done what all should; surpassed, your Master." The man lolled his head, and his features slackened into that of a Clawdite, the body sagging.

"Is he dead yet?" The Master called in.

11. Dagobahsystem

Sep 25, 2015

Staring in stunned silence, Saadi slowed his breathing and let go.
    Calming himself further, he meditated on his Master's final words.

Seeing the Clawdite features before him, the changeling Saadi tried to surmise the meaning of this unexpected vision.

Either he had just killed himself as it were, or just made a great advancement in his journey further into the dark side of the Force.

He pondered these eventualities as he suddenly heard the Master of Master's insensitive vocal intrusion.

"It appears it would be so."
    Saadi murmered to himself mainly, attempting to achieve a sense of calmness before whatever might lie ahead.

Focusing on the pain in his leg, he breathed quietly, waiting.

Last edited: May 12, 2020
    Sinrebirth and BookExogorth like this.
  12. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Cave, not entering, though

At the edge of the entrance, the Master nodded to himself. "Well done; you have surpassed your former Master, and you understand that his face could be yours... much as Master Skywalker did when he passed through here.. or indeed Anakin Solo, all those years afterwards... back in the former Timeline that the Triumvirs and High Lords originated from."

The Master entreated. "It does seem odd that these alternate Sith rule over the darksiders from this reality, I must say. I am surprised that it is accepted... but then again, both the Jedi and Sith here, in this time, have not had opportunity to recover... though I suppose they will."

There was a gleam in his cloaked face, as if a glimmer in his eye; though only one glittered.

He held the box out, visible in the gloom. "You can master yourself and take this, and become something truly special."

"An Eye to the future."

13. Dagobahsystem

Sep 25, 2015
    listening

Hearing The Master's words, the grieving changeling stood silently for the moment. Attempting to discern just what now might lay ahead on this long and ever evolving journey.

Summoning the strength to speak, Insipid's former image still fresh in his mind, Saadi simply said "Thank you." And pausing for what seemed a long time, "Master."

Looking quickly away to the left he sighed and then turned his head to stare towards the cave entrance from where the voice emanated.

Seeing the glimmer in the eye and a box, Saadi continued to stare, contemplating the recent events.

Finding his voice again, Saadi spoke.

"Mastery of myself. Something special. An Eye to the future."

He paused, having stated the words as facts.

Taking a few cautious steps towards the cave entrance, his eye fixed on the box held out by The Master, Saadi paused.

Now looking at the glittering eye directly.

"I accept your."

Hesitating briefly.

"Gift."

BookExogorth and Sinrebirth like this.
  14. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Dagobah, Crossroads of Destiny

He popped open the box as he passed it to Saadi, revealing its contents as he turned it.

[​IMG]

"For you," the Master said. "You might not recognise it, of course."

BookExogorth and Dagobahsystem like this.
  15. Dagobahsystem

Sep 25, 2015
    At the Crossroads

Hearing the click of the mystery box opening as it was gently turned towards him, the changeling's eyes grew wide, not blinking, as he clenched his jaws.

Finally remembering to breathe, Saadi sighed saying, "Thank you, Master."

Recognizing the historical importance of this gift, sensing it to be more precise, Saadi was still too overwhelmed from everything that had occurred of late to even register of just what significance it was he now held in his hands.

"For this powerful hilt, I thank you." Saadi said bowing slowly.

He sensed the Master of Masters had some words to impart to him presently, so Saadi remained quiet, holding the lightsaber hilt in the palms of both of his hands carefully, feeling its strong, yet delicate weight, while admiring its beauty and craftsmanship.

And above all, a most deep and irrevocable pull to the dark side of the Force which filled Darth Saadi with an overwhelming sense of pleasure.

Last edited: May 27, 2020
    DarthIshyZ and BookExogorth like this.
  16. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Anti-climax, but no surprises

"Oh yes, I forgot - you won't necessarily recognise this, though the dark hand that once touched it you will at least acknowledge to some extent, I suppose," he said, bemused.

"This," the Master said, cupping Saadi's hands around the lightsaber hilt. "Belonged to Darth Sidious, the late Emperor of the Galaxy, dead some decades now." He amused himself with that thought. "It's a little known fact that he had three lightsabers of this design, one concealed in the statue of Sistros Nevet, and two others that he kept hidden away - as 'Palpatine' he could not afford to have these weapons with him, thus the hideaway in the statue."

"One was lost facing Mace Windu, and another facing Yoda," the Master said, almost reverently. "It is a quite impeccable lineage, I must say."

"It is an even lesser known fact that the lightsabers are adopted by him, as part of his Dwartii Collection... which was said to include these lightsabers, five statues, and a hermetica said to unlock the secrets of the Force." There was a lot of falsetto awe in his voice.

"As I say; big names, and here it is, bestowed upon you." He sat back, and tucked the box into a fold of his robe.

DarthIshyZ and Dagobahsystem like this.
  17. Dagobahsystem

Sep 25, 2015

He listened reverently as the Master spoke, holding the lightsaber hilt tightly in his hands.

It would be untrue to say that Darth Saadi was not greatly impressed by the valuable and historical object he now held before him; most Clawdites were in fact respectful of history, museum pieces, and the like.

And and object so strong with the dark side of the Force was very special indeed.

Saadi listened intently as the Master regaled him with fascinating facts. He had been unaware that Darth Sidious had three such lightsabers.

Saadi smiled as the Master finished.

"I am honored to receive such an important and valuable gift, Master. I shall keep this lightsaber safe and secure at all times."

Saadi bowed with great humility.

18. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Musing

There was a sense of the anti-climatic; that Saadi had slew his former master, and seen himself, and a mere box had been offered containing a lightsaber. There was that, of course, and the Master could feel it.

He leaned forward, the shadows of his hood still not revealing the face beneath; he was taller than Saadi, and it would appear a leer, in many ways. "You wanted some colossal truth to impact upon you, apprentice?" He drew back, arms outstretched, hands wide, palm towards Saadi ."To be wowed by your brilliance and the power just surge into you?"

"That your Trial would reveal something terrible and world-shattering?"

Rhetorical points, and the Master settled down. "Yeah, yeah, I can see that. What did you want? To know that you're part of some greater and Grand Design? That you're part of the divine plan?" He snorted. "The Gods of Mortis are dead, Saadi, that's the best part about this new world; this reality builds on what has came before... all the Work..." The Master stepped away, hands tucked behind his back, trudging through swamp.

"That's what you wanted, wasn't it? To break your chains. You're a free agent now, able to do whatever you want. No Master, no Sith, not any I cared to find, anyway." The Master chuckled to himself. "Are you worried that being a Sith Lord is purposeless? I can give you a job, of course, I can even tell you how many years have passed while you were in carbonite, y'know. But this is what you wanted, no?"

The Master had enacted the Final Trial, yes, but the eternal question - now what?

That was the Master's true goal.

19. Dagobahsystem

Sep 25, 2015
    listening

The Clawdite listened carefully, weighing each question thoughtfully whether rhetorical or not. At one point his face flushing warm at the variety of questions and statements being made.
    This was because Saadi slowly realized he was struggling to formulate even a coherent thought let alone any answer that might seem worthy at this stage of his long journey.

The changeling actually felt rather empty inside. Summoning a thought he finally spoke.

"Grand Designs and divine plans are not anything I've ever considered. My goal has been to serve my Master and the Sith with loyalty and all due respect."

Darth Saadi paused, pondering his next response.

"As for being purposeless, whether Sith or Jedi, ultimately, what is the real purpose? To have power? To dominate another or claim the high ground? These were never my goals."

Pausing again, he looked ahead into what seemed like nothing.

"I am grateful to have broken my chains though. I've learned much over these long, grueling years. And how many years was I in stasis?"

He looked ahead with confidence.

"What sort of job is it that you speak of, if I may inquire, Master?"

A glimmer of a smile crossed his face.

"Is there anything I might do to be of assistance?"

OOC: I'm so sorry for the delay, Sinre.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2020
    BookExogorth likes this.
  20. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Dagobah

It took some time for the Master to answer. It felt like hours, if not days, passed, but in-fact a handful of minutes did.

"Nearly thirty years passed, my friend." He eventually said. "The galaxy is your oyster, you see... though it is in the middle of a conflict of sorts..."

He paused. "In-fact, just before you woke, the capital of the New Republic was destroyed... and an armada crossed the border of the Unknown Regions and is as we speak consuming worlds wholesale in its war machine." The Master shrugged. "It could be said that you can do anything you want, or nothing at all. But who knows how long it will take for the galaxy to calm down?"

"When a Skywalker by blood, but a Solo by name has come of age and taken the name of Kylo Ren and fallen to the Dark... as the retainer of a mysterious and powerful Supreme Leader by the name of Snoke, leader of the First Order..." He was grandstanding again, holding his hands to the sky. "Who can say what is the best thing to do?"

"When none of this happened, but has now indeed, what can you say, Lord Saadi? Will you plant your flag and make a stand? Will you join the new dark side incarnate? Become a shadow, and prepare for the coming era?"

The Master of Masters allowed a smile to roll into the Force. "The Force is with you, my friend; you have killed your doubts and fear. With that blade and eye - my Eye," he said, pointing at the lightsaber, "you can do whatever you wish."

He tucked his hands behind his back, and began to head into the marshes.

21. Dagobahsystem

Sep 25, 2015
    Dagobah

Thirty years had passed. That took a minute getting used to; the realization alone was fascinating. Saadi stared at and listened intently as the Master continued. Yet he had so much to consider it took focus to concentrate.

The Master's words washed over him like a familiar waterfall of conquest and annihilation.

The changeling's heart rate increased as he longed to take part on the right side once he fully understood. Yet, he quickly calmed himself, restraining his urge to speak and instead listened further.

War machine. Consuming worlds. The galaxy. Needing to calm down.

That was Saadi. Needing to calm down. He couldn't think straight. He was missing details. These revelations were coming all too quickly as his mental spin stopped upon hearing what seemed familiar names spoken.

It was all a bit much as memories akin to war flashbacks hit Saadi of a sudden and he breathed deeply, calming his mind once again from past distractions.

"Yes. I plant my flag, Master. With the Sith. And the dark side. Always."

The Clawdite looked ahead as the Master was leaving. His mind needed rest. He felt drained of thought presently.

"I shall prepare for the coming era," he said, slightly raising his voice while placing his hand on the eye saber.

"Master!", he shouted.

Lowering his voice, Saadi said, "Excuse me. Perhaps I can still be of service to you while taking time to further my evolution as a Sith via my own teachings? I'm here, Master." He said, grinning broadly.

*he waited patiently, hearing music in his head all the while*

Last edited: Aug 19, 2020
    Sinrebirth and BookExogorth like this.
  22. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Glancing back... oh, I may as well

The Black Coat peered behind him, his hands still held at the small of his back.

"Oh really," he said, as if his tone was piqued. "Tell me more."

He turned back, arms spread. "Perhaps you are serving me by keeping that lightsaber to hand, and bonding it." The man's voice raised, and all manner of animal in the area scattered, alarmed. "Perhaps you could do more for me, to further my maniacal aims." He brought his hands together by his chin, as if a dark side genius, posturing like Darth Insipid would have done; theatricality incarnate. "Perhaps I could take pity on you, and give an aim in an aimless, chaos filled, reality."

He stepped forward, reaching for Saadi's shoulders with his gloved-hands. "Of course I can give you more to do, my friend. There is always the Great Work."

Withdrawing on hand, he clapped Saadi on the arm in enthusiasm. "I could do with a Hand, after all, to kill a few things, every now and then, that threaten what I'm doing."

"Your skills, you see," the Master stepped closer, whispering, as if a conspirator. "They could prove useful to a man like me, who needs intermediaries from time to time, emphasis mine on the word time!" He chuckled. "So what do you say, Lord Saadi!" Again up his voice he went. "Did you want to cross paths more often? To repay me for saving you from carbonite? To become part of the show!" He backed away, punching the air for emphasis.

"And the best bit?" The Master clapped his hands. "You don't have to answer to anyone, even if you do occasionally help me out. You don't need to even be particularly active in my design to contribute, y'know?"

23. Dagobahsystem

Sep 25, 2015
    focused and acute

Saadi was pleased to hear the Master respond and chuckled softly at seeing all of the animals scatter upon hearing his voice being raised.

The changeling listened carefully to the Master; his words feeding the flames of determination and purpose that needed rekindling in his dark heart. That, coupled with the feeling of his gloved hands on Saadi's shoulders, including the friendly shoulder clap, left the Clawdite feeling that there was a reason for all that had transpired over the years and that greater matters still lay ahead to face and attend to.

In fact, the words and actions of the Master reminded Saadi of the early days of his training with the Sith, and the many miles and challenges he had encountered and dealt with to his best ability.

It had only been the mileage and trauma that had hampered his mind from recalling the many successes along the way, in spite of Saadi's mistakes. He had been ever loyal and worked as hard to serve the Emperor as best he could.

Saadi was indeed grateful to the Master for rescuing him from carbonite. He was grateful for the interactions he'd had with his fellow Sith. He had learned much on this lengthy, arduous journey that now suddenly felt like it may only just be beginning anew, but with a new and even greater purpose.

All of this made Saadi smile as he felt even closer to the dark side of the Force than ever before.

After the Master had finished speaking, Saadi could not help to be influenced by his enthusiasm. He would be a fool to turn down an offer like this.

Finally, Saadi spoke, trying to remain calm as he did so.

"You are very generous, Master, and I am grateful to you. If it please you, it would honor me greatly to accept the terms you have laid out before me.
    You have my loyalty and my sword, as it were."

Saadi slowly lowered his head in a slight bow, and upon raising it simply said "I'll be here, should you ever need me for anything."

BookExogorth likes this.
  24. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    The Trials End, 34 ABY

It was over, and it was said and done.

"Your have completed your apprenticeship anew, Saadi," the Master said, crowing victory. "You are a Sith Lord."

He clapped, and lowered his hands. "Your loyalty and trust is all I could ever need, my friend. You will go far, for you are a true Sith."

"I would mention a phrase I coined a while ago," the Master said, placing his hand on his chest.

"May the Force be with you."

At that, he moved off, and they returned to the stars, and the future.

---
    Later

Stepping out of the shadows of the temple, Darth Insipid smiled lightly as his former apprentice became one with the Master's Grand Design.

"Well done, Lord Saadi," he said, softly, and vanished himself.

@QueenSabe7, @greyjedi125, @Darth_wanderguard, @Lady Belligerent, @HanSolo29

I present the Final Trial of Darth Saadi to the Circle of Lords.

25. Dagobahsystem

Sep 25, 2015
    34 ABY

Overwhelmed with the impact of the Master's words, Saadi simply bowed and softly said "I'll be there, Master. Always. May the Force be with you."

Rising up, he felt a tremor in the Force. Something he'd not felt since...

He meditated on his Master's true name and fate as the dark side enveloped him completely.

Imagining what might await him in the future, Saadi breathed deeply, a slight quiver in his lips as he stifled a smile and whispered, "Thank you, Darth Insipid."